Start by marking “Hungry Like a Wolf (The Others, #8)” as Want to Read:
Hungry Like a Wolf (The Others, #8)

Hungry Like a Wolf

(The Others #8)

When her father died, Honor Tate inherited the alpha position for a pack of werewolves based in New England. But why her? Honor would have rather just lived a “normal” life, with the occasional run through the woods in her furry suit. Still, Honor was raised to put the welfare of the pack first…and now it’s time to make a formal request that the alpha of the Silverback cla ...more
Published July 2nd 2013 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published January 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Hungry Like a Wolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hungry Like a Wolf

Start your review of Hungry Like a Wolf (The Others, #8)
Dee
This is a re-write of Fur Play from the original Fixed series which I read just over 2 years ago and I remembered it as it was one of my favourites from that series.

I did enjoy this but it was basically the same with a few changed bits here and there but with a bit more fleshing out and toning down to make it a mainstream novel. The question is was this any better and I think that my answer would have to be NO it wasn't and if I am really honest I think it did suffer from a few bits of the or
Katie
Jun 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
To be fair, I never got a chance to read the original shorts before they were taken down. I've found her other 'remodels' to be either pretty good or... not so much, so I didn't know what to expect going in to this one.

I really enjoyed most of the book. There was good tension, the obstacles were realistic and didn't have the sense of being fabricated for filler, and the characters' behavior was believable for the circumstances. The main plot point is that the lead couple each have responsibiliti
Lolo
Aug 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
you don't read a book with a title like that and expect to be wawoed, however that doesn't while read books for pure entertainment I can't have at least a list of semi requirements. For instance, a simple talk between the alpha male and the damsel in distress excluding sex would've been nice, or when describing obstacles try to at least stick to solving them when giving the HEA. Finally dubious consent is not a way to make me swoon over the hot guy.. This just wasn't good enough for me to enjoy ...more
Tori

Logan Hunter is struggling to not challenge his alpha when word arrives that another clan's alpha has died and the beta, Honor Tate, wants Graham's official approval to take over. Graham sends Logan to the clan to feel things out and Logan is stunned to find out the clan's new alpha is his mate. Tempers flair and passions rage as Honor and Logan try to find away to survive the mating call and a few clan members who don't want Honor as their alpha.

An enjoyable fast paced PNR. This series
Mara
Jul 05, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr
I have a hit and miss relationship with this series. There are a few books I liked enough and some other that were meh.

Hungry like a Wolf started as the first kind of book and ended as the second one. There was quite an impressive set-up with the main couple being in a real Mexican stand-off that could rip them apart. I was really eager to see how this conflict was going to end. And unfortunately it did in the most boring and predictable way. Yes this is romance, still. I don't appreciate the ea
Buffybot
In general I really like Christine Warren's writing and because of her style I'm giving this book 3 stars. I think she writes great fight/sex scenes. And in this book she does that too. There's a scene where Honor has to fight four werewolves at once that I really enjoyed.

Unfortunately the story itself left me cold. I thought the beginning was quite awful: have the guy lust after the wife of his alpha? And what’s up with the breast milk smell of his alpha's wife? "... and smelled the scent of f
Zeek
This is Logan's story- the beta to Graham's Alpha from Fur Factor. Again with the bitchy heroine? I love a strong heroine, but being strong does not mean you have to be a bitch, already! UGH! ... it srsly doesn't work for me when Warren does this. And again, it's too short to really tell the full story that Logan deserved,. ...more
Ari
Jul 07, 2013 rated it liked it
It was an ok read but the ending sucked, it was very anti-climatic. All the problems were easily solved towards the end & if the way it ended was all it took, it could have been solved much sooner. Also the book never confirms who the shooter was. Very disappointed.
Shawnie Nicole
Jun 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 stars.
im not sure what i expected from this book, which is why it took me so long to read it. Smh
I dont know... I expected so much more for Logan.
Lizy
Disclaimers: 1. this is going to be a graphic review. 2. there will be spoilers, but i think they're more like a pertinent warning in regards to this book than real spoilers 3. i didn't finish this book, i stopped on page 170 after reading some really disturbing scenes 4. I actually thought Christine Warren was my hands-down favorite romance novelist but this book has me questioning my entire opinion of her.

Without further ado, I'm just going to get into it.

I started questioning whether I was go
Amanda
Jan 28, 2013 rated it liked it
If you aren't familiar with Christine Warren or even if you are then you know a lot of her books are printed out of order for a reason. She originally had these books with Ellora's Cave and when she was picked up by a larger house they had her flesh out the books and also seemed to remove more of the sex. Granted it does have a lot of sex, but these large publishers seem to forget that her fan base reads the nasty, dirty, hot, steamy sex scenes!

In translation ... I guess I should call it that, b
Dianne
Jul 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Yes, this is a re-print of a very old Ellora’s Cave edition; it has been somewhat updated and edited for the mainstream audience. These early books in the series are no longer to be found on Ellora’s Cave web site. It is a shame since some of the edited out part are some of the steamiest and most delectable to the mainstream reader. Editors would be surprised as to how modern we women readers are nowadays!

The Patriarch and Alpha of Clan White Paw in Connecticut, has died of cancer. His beta has
Marsha
Dec 26, 2012 rated it liked it
I am a fan of Christine Warren's "The Others" series; but, sadly it is time for the series to end. Why? The series has been slowly losing its edge and "Hungry Like A Wolf" is chocked filled with bits and pieces of recycled story lines from the other books.

Logan Hunter, Beta of the Silverback Clan has been sent to Connecticut to assess the qualifications of a female claiming to be alpha of her clan after her father's death from cancer (recycled from another book). Honor Tate is struggling to main
Melanie
Sep 14, 2012 rated it liked it
This is a typical book from this series. It is a good story of two very alpha type werewolves each pushing to do what is best for the small pack of wolves in Connecticut. Graham, the alpha for the region sends his beta to see if the female beta will be able to make an alpha, which is extremely rare. There is a bit of a stand off between the White Paw female alpha and the Silverback beta. She is determined to stay alpha and he isn't sure that is the best thing for her or the pack.

There are some g
gremlin
Jan 06, 2014 rated it liked it
On one hand, I mostly liked this while I was reading it. On the other hand, the whole time I'm thinking that if these two would just have an honest conversation with the other about their real problems and desires for the future instead of making assumptions, the fix solution is simple and obvious - it's just logistics from there. ...more
Dorel
Jan 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Mhollie
Feb 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: c-warren, shifters
The comedy of the absurd & hot sex all rolled into one. Loved it. Honor was just an insane alpha of the White Paw Clan. Logan was a walking frustrated wreck of a wolf, caught between Honor and the deep blue sea. Poor sod. Great read.
Stephanie
Jul 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
The love story is great! It got to descript at times. I did like the way Christine had the strong female lead in Honner. Not many females get that much recognition. I did like the slient prayer Honner said before she went into battle.
Andrea
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
Mary Maass
Jul 26, 2013 rated it liked it
Better than some of the other Others. I enjoyed the alpha-female point of view and thought she did a good job of the problems inherent in being a female alpha.
Kristin
Oct 30, 2013 rated it liked it
I'm a sucker for any book about werewolves. That being said I liked the story line. The only complaint I have is the dialogue in the last chapter. I kind of cringed while reading. ...more
Jessica (a GREAT read)
It's been awhile since I visited the world of The Others, but I was excited to read Christine Warren's Hungry Like a Wolf because WEREWOLVES! Yes, I love vampires fiercely, they were my first love and will always be my favorites, but I have to admit, I love werewolves too!

In this one, we get to see Graham and Missy again, though it's been sooo long since I saw them, I vaguely remembered Logan Hunter being a possible "problem" for the Graham-Missy connection, but now it's his turn for a happy end
Lenna  Wright-Berry
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great book, an Alpha has to do what an Alpha has to do to have is own pack.
Elaine Kirby
Pretty Good!

I'm rating this book as pretty good because some parts of this book were boring & made me want to skip over them.

Logan Hunter is the Beta of the Silverback Pack but, he has been feeling out of sorts lately so his Alpha Graham Winters sends him on a mission. To find out if the current Female Alpha of the White Paw pack is fit to stay as the pack's alpha or does she need replacing.

Honor Tate used to be the Beta of her pack until her father the Alpha died & she became Alpha in his steed
Shan ~A~
I liked Honor a lot because she didn't take any sh*t from anyone, including Logan. She had some impossible choices to make and she dealt with them as best she could.

We've met Logan in previous books since he is Graham's beta, but I didn't realize he could be such as ass. If he would have just listened instead of being a pig-headed male then some of this would have been resolved faster.

Sadly, the mystery of who was in cahoots with the men challenging her was no surprise at all, and I also got ti
Autumn Dickens
Jul 26, 2020 rated it did not like it
God I hate this book. It's quite possibly the first book I will ever burn with my own 2 hands. The lack of consent in the "Love scenes" is genuinely appalling and actually upset me enough to make me walk away from the book for at least a week. It feels like a dudes poorly masked rape fantasy when I just wanted a hot werewolf book. It's still hot if they both verbally agree to have sex Christine. Sort yourself out. ...more
Jan
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
This one is all Lupine all the time. Beta of the Silverback clan goes up into the North Country to check on the status of another clan and gets entangled with the woman who would be Alpha. The story line is a little leaky at times, and the ending is a little off, but it is generally a pretty good read. I don't regret spending the money. ...more
Margaret Smith
Spoilers!

I specifically chose this shifter book because it seemed like the female wolf might end up as co-alpha or some other nontraditional solution to pack leadership, but instead the problem was solved by her not really wanting to be alpha. Not as interesting an outcome as I had hoped for.
Jamoz23
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Honor was not too likeable at the beginning. I had the feeling she was trying to be too mannish but she grew on me as the story progressed.
Loved that Logan gets his mate but also how the story evolved.
Just felt the ending wound up quickly and a bit easily.
One of the original books in the FIXED series that has been redone.
Laurla2
"i predict that will happen on the third tuesday after he names me high queen of the oompa loompas."

"tell him he can shove his condolences up his ass with a pogo stick." ... "he can take his pogo stick and have a little moment of privacy with his thoughts."

"he was the absolute last thing she needed in her life. perhaps tied with a frontal lobotomy and chinese foot binding."
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Hidden Destiny (Redwood Pack, #5)
  • Sawman Werebear (Saw Bears, #4)
  • Immortal Angel (Argeneau, #31)
  • River's Run (Lords of Kassis, #1)
  • Serendipity (Serendipity, #1)
  • Savage Urges (The Phoenix Pack, #5)
  • Jordan (Buckhorn Brothers, #4)
  • The Sinner (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #18)
  • Fatal Enquiry (Barker & Llewelyn, #6)
  • The Hellfire Conspiracy (Barker & Llewelyn, #4)
  • The Limehouse Text (Barker & Llewelyn, #3)
  • Some Danger Involved (Barker & Llewelyn, #1)
  • The Black Hand (Barker & Llewelyn, #5)
  • Hell Bay (Barker & Llewelyn, #8)
  • To Kingdom Come (Barker & Llewelyn, #2)
  • Old Scores (Barker & Llewelyn, #9)
  • Anatomy of Evil (Barker & Llewelyn, #7)
  • A Dangerous Mourning (William Monk, #2)
Born and raised in coastal New England, Christine Warren lived in the South and the Mid-Atlantic before hopping to the other side of the country to take up the life of a transplant in the Pacific Northwest. She completely bypassed those states in the middle due to her landlocking phobia. Hmm, need to research a scientific term for that...

When not scrambling frantically to complete her latest writi

The Others (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • One Bite With A Stranger (The Others, #1)
  • Big Bad Wolf (The Others, #2)
  • Prince Charming Doesn't Live Here (The Others #3)
  • Black Magic Woman (The Others, #4)
  • Not Your Ordinary Faerie Tale (The Others, #5)
  • On the Prowl (The Others, #6)
  • Drive Me Wild (The Others, #7)
  • Wolf at the Door (The Others, #9)
  • She's No Faerie Princess (The Others, #10)
  • The Demon You Know (The Others, #11)

News & Interviews