Start by marking “Slated (Slated, #1)” as Want to Read:

Slated

(Slated #1)

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  22,390 ratings  ·  2,592 reviews
A riveting psychological thriller

KYLA HAS BEEN SLATED - her memory erased, her personality wiped blank. This is the government's way of dealing with teen terrorists: give them a fresh start as a new person. They teach Kyla how to walk and talk again, give her a new identity and a new family, and tell her to be grateful for this second chance.

It's also her last chance, and
Published 2012 by Nancy Paulsen Books

To ask other readers questions about Slated, please sign up.
Victoria ❦ It's been a while since I read this book, but yes, there is some romance in this series. And this book is really good, the story in general.
V In this book, Slating is the act of wiping your personality/memory blank. The book is titled Slated, because the main character is slated before the…moreIn this book, Slating is the act of wiping your personality/memory blank. The book is titled Slated, because the main character is slated before the novel begins.(less)

Teri Terry
Apr 04, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
sorry....I couldn't help myself. I wrote it, and I like it!
Hope that is OK :O)
Emily May

There's a certain weird formula in my head that I use when deciding on a book's rating, some of it's logical with checkboxes of things I like and don't like, but a lot of it is just on gut feeling. However it's done, goodreads is constantly worming its way into the back of my mind and, as I read, I have a general idea of the rating I want to give and it will creep up or down as the book progresses. Problems arise when I read a book that is a four star exciting read with great ideas, perfect pac
Lola
May 30, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dystopia
I was hooked… until about halfway through. Then my interest started to dwindle considerably.

I have the main character and love interest to thank for that. Kyla was likable in the beginning, someone I could connect with, but I am tired of characters who believe and are told that they are ‘‘unique’’ or ‘‘different’’ or ‘‘special.’’

Or, in Kyla’s case, ALL OF THE ABOVE.

The concept makes sense. I’m not saying I agree with removing people’s memories, as an attempt to rid them of their terrorist thoug
Lindsay Cummings
I didn't know what to expect when I picked up SLATED, other than the fact that the cover and synopsis sucked me right in. But I can say this, to those who just skim through reviews, or to those who just want proof that this is one of my favorite books I've read in a long while: I don't want to remember what reading was like before I read SLATED. It is everything I have been looking for in a book: suspense, mind-bending mystery, romance, and just the right amount of science fiction to appeal to t ...more
manda
I'm a sucker for covers, and I applaud this one for fooling me so successfully . The book blurb made it sound even more promising. I like mysteries; I like a book that is able to make me wonder and guess at hidden secrets. Being a YA novel, I was not expecting Slated to be mindblowingly intricate, but I did expect it to have some sort of puzzle to solve.

The depth of the puzzle was, unfortunately, very disappointing.

As the book description states; Kyla's memory has been erased - slated, is the t
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
Late in the 21st century, the government, no longer the United Kingdom but Central Coalition, found a new way to deal with criminals. Instead of prisons or even capital punishment, they get a clean slate, or more precisely, they get slated – their memory gets wiped clean and, if they’re underage, they get assigned to a new Mum and Dad, a whole new family they’re supposed to treat as their own. Kyla has been slated nine months ago, and the time has come for her to leave the New London Hospital an ...more
Reynje

Yeah, so now it’s time for me to be irritatingly contrary.

Because I know full well that I have a lot of gripes about the current dystopian/dystomance/post-apoc/futuristic trend in YA right now. And I know that while I generally enjoy these genres, sadly few books actually deliver for me, in terms of solid worldbuilding, logical plot, interesting premise etc.

And now here comes a book that actually has most of those things and... I don’t really... like it.

I could raise my rating on the b
Giselle
Nov 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
From the moment I saw this creeptastic cover I knew I had to read it! Slated also deals with memory loss which has always been a fascinating subject to me in addition to ensuring that the story will be both creepy and mysterious. This novel brings it on both fronts. The mystery vibe is kept immensely high with the regular visions/dreams of her apparent past, leaving me to absolutely devour every page of it!

Unlike any dystopian I have read, Slated introduces a world not very unlike our present, b
Faye, la Patata
I'm so sorry for giving it a one-star, but this book really deceived me. I have DNF-ed a lot of books, but I try not to give a rating, but usually those books are the ones that I think may work for some of my friends, so I try to leave it rating-less. But this one? I don't recommend it. At all. This novel deceived me. It tricked me, lied to me, and made me so angry that I wanted to throw my kindle (okay that's overused now) buy a kilo of sugar and eat it all in utter depression. Yeah. I was that ...more
Cora Tea Party Princess
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Cora by: Steph
5 Words: Crime, discrimination, second chances, love.

Absolutely amazing.

This book has had some very mixed reviews, but I am so glad I gave it a chance. Because it was amazing.

I loved the idea behind the story, and how as a reader you were always slightly in the dark - you only knew what Kyla knew, and that was often very confused.

Slated is not straightforward. There are a lot of different things going on and my perceptions of the characters changed a lot.

This book left a lot of questions unanswe
Maddie
Apr 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was just as intrigued and invested in this as I was the first time I read it. How the past slowly creeps up on Kyla in the present is so disquieting and it's just overall a really great first book in a dystopian series. If you like that genre, and want a thriller-y vibe, jump on this!
Sarah (saz101)

Is there something in the water in England? Or is it simply the obvious—that English is their language? Well, another Brit’s at it and, ladies and gentlemen, Teri Terry is a terrific writer. Tense, oppressive and—frankly—brilliant, Slated is a shining jewel of an addition to its genre.

The Story:
Kyla Davis is no-one. She has been Slated. Her memories, her past, her life erased; her synapses rewired, and her mind wiped blank.

Sent to live with a new mum and dad—not that she would know the
♥ Innocent Lamb ~ Forever Reading ♥ - AKA Smarties
I am just losing my mind.

TANGLED

I picked up the book in my school library, and fell in love with the cover.

I was just like:

RON

Then I read the synopsis and that was it for me. I stood no chance after that. I was just hopelessly and desperately in love with this book. It was pretty much love at first sight for me.

NODDING

Any moment now, I am just going to faint from all of this excitement and fangirling.

QUIRREL

(Did anyone else notice that Quirrel fainted forward in the Harry Potter movie?)

Anyway, this book is utterly amaz
Mary
Jun 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Intriguing and easy to read - some issues with the writing at times, but overall a fun experience :D (hopefully I'll write a longer review soon)
 Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ Yosbe  Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Después de repasar este libro, puedo escribir una mejor review sobre el.

Slated es una historia, que no sé cómo ni en qué momento, se cuela por tus pensamientos y simplemente no puedes dejar de leerlo.

Llegas a creer que no está pasando nada, que se pone un poco lento, y ¡bum! el golpe.

Básicamente comienzas a leer, un poco de descripción, un poco de introducción por aquí por alla...

description

Luego la historia va avanzando, intriga, interrogantes, esto lo otro...

description

A la mitad del libro simplemente...
[image e
thebookbitch
Slated is one of those books that completely take you by surprise and instantly becomes one of your favourites. Slated isn't your normal Dystopian. The writing style is a little...different, but I fell in love with it from page one. Slated is filled with twists and turns that I couldn't predict and I just wanted more and more and more of. It had me on the edge of my seat. Literally.

The thing about Slated that left me so mind blown was the fact that it's not just set in a futuristic UK, but it's
✍Neyla Kunta ✍
Schade. :(
Aber - aber! Ich mags trotzdem.. Nicht sehr - aber..ja..also man kanns lesen :)
Lisbeth Avery {Domus Libri}
DNF Review

Slated is one of those books that sound great in theory but in actuality, it didn't end up that great. Reading the blurb made me extremely excited but the book however is the exact opposite. While there were many flaws to the novel, the major one was the fact that the book was written in the first person.

To understand why this was a monumental fail on the author's part, you need to know something about the main character. Thankfully, this won't be a very long interruption because there
Djezelle
Тери Терри "Стертая"

6 из 10

Жанр:
YA, антиутопия
POV: от первого лица, женский
Геометрия чувств: прямая
Отличительные черты: полный контроль государства, перепрограммирование малолетних преступников, инсталюбовь, герой ни рыба ни мяса

РЕЦЕНЗИЯ:
Неожиданно, но очень захватывающая и интересная антиутопия. Почему неожиданно? Потому что, признаться честно, последнее время все антиутопии на одну букву. Я не ожидала от «Стертой» чего-то особенного и необычного, но при этом получила огромное удовольствие от
Maria Rita
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
4.5*
Foi a primeira vez que me aventurei num livro de scy-fi e não estou nada arrependida. Adorei completamente a Kyla e a sua aventura por descobrir quem era realmente, mal posso esperar por ler o próximo!
Carla
Sep 21, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, it's an easy read but I enjoyed it!
Maryam AlNaser
May 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-my-bookshelf, 2015
well damn.
Grüffeline
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4,25 Sterne
Eine zum Teil unheimlich fesselnd erzählte Geschichte mit einem tollen Hauptcharakter, die ich an einem Tag beendet habe. Zwischendurch gab es allerdings einige Länge, zumindest habe ich es so empfunden. Ich bin aber gespannt, wie Kylas Geschichte weitergeht, der nächste Teil liegt schon bereit. (view spoiler)
Book Madness (Elif)
Kitap 2054 yılında geçiyor. Suçluların hafızası silinerek topluma geri kazandırılıyor. Bunun adına Programlama diyorlar. Buna bağlı olarak da Programlanmışlara bir bilezik takıyorlar. Adı Levo. Hayati fonksiyonlarını gösteriyor. Eğer değer düşerse ölebiliyorlar. Başrol Kyla da Programlanmışlardan biri. Yeni katıldığı ailesine uyum sağlamaya çalışıyor. Buraya kadar her şey ilginç. Buradan sonrası spoiler’a giriyor. O yüzden anlatmıyorum.
Kitap kızın ağzından şimdiki zaman kipiyle yazılıyor. Bunu s
Katy
Jan 24, 2013 rated it liked it
2.5 stars - Gah! I don't know how to rate this one! On one hand, it FELT long, and I was SO bored for the first 2/3 of the book. And the last 1/3 was VERY exciting, but I'm left feeling like I didn't learn anything after finishing the book.

The first part of the book was really dull. I understand that Terry was trying to put us in the mindset that Kyla had to relearn everything, but honestly, it did NOTHING for story. What's the significance of her learning how to open the car door or doing the d
Misty
With dystopian books being as popular as they are right now, it always makes me a little wary when I pick one up. I mean, I love them, don't get me wrong. But it's inevitable when you have a lot of something that they each get a little farther from the core of what makes that something good. Each dystopia seems to be a little...fluffier than the last, and a little more farfetched. To me, you can see the truth in a good dystopia. As bizarre as the society portrayed may be, some little part of you ...more
Ellie Red
May 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
M-I-N-D-B-L-O-W-I-N-G!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Five stars are simply not enough! Slated is one of those books that you are so happy you bought, it is worth every single euro! Slated is about a girl that her memories have been wiped but she feels something is wrong and different about her. Set in a village near London in 2055 (I think). It is brilliant, full of twists and suspense! It is very cinematographic. It is genius, everything in this novel can be explained in a logical manner that makes sense, nothing
Sandes gii
3/5

este libro tiene un ritmo muy lento. Lo que la mayoria de los capitulos le juega en contra. AL mismo tiempo tiene ese algo que lo vuelve adictivo y no puedes dejar de leer.
Es un libro para pasar la tarde pero si me preguntan si es uno de mis favoritos, les diria que no. Le los recomiendo pero no es algo que me ha impresionado tanto.
Emily
May 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Why had I never heard of this book until about two weeks ago? I dont get how people arent raving about this because it is honestly so much better than most of the overhyped shitlit out there! Review to come.
Does "Slated" have a fandom?? 6 46 Feb 02, 2015 05:07PM
  • The Repossession (Repossession, #1)
  • The Forsaken (The Forsaken, #1)
  • Genesis (The Rosie Black Chronicles, #1)
  • Juno Of Taris
  • Earth Girl (Earth Girl #1)
  • Chosen Ones (The Lost Souls, #1)
  • Fast-Tracked (Fast-Track Trilogy, #1)
  • The Glimpse (The Glimpse, #1)
  • Revived
  • Beta (Annex, #1)
  • Origin (Corpus, #1)
  • Swipe (Swipe, #1)
  • Larkstorm (The Sensitives, #1)
  • The Lost Girl
  • Linked (Linked #1)
  • Acid
  • The Lost Code (The Atlanteans, #1)
  • Renegade (The Elysium Chronicles, #1)
Teri has lived in France, Canada, Australia and England at more addresses than she can count, acquiring three degrees, a selection of passports and a silly name along the way. Past careers have included scientist, lawyer, optometrist, and, in England, various jobs in schools, libraries and an audiobook charity. The footpaths and canal ways of the Buckinghamshire Chilterns where she now lives inspi ...more

Slated (3 books)