Start by marking “Starstruck Romance and Other Hollywood Tails: A Second Acts Novel” as Want to Read:
Starstruck Romance and Other Hollywood Tails: A Second Acts Novel

Read Excerpt

Starstruck Romance and Other Hollywood Tails: A Second Acts Novel

(Second Acts #2)

3.62  ·  Rating details ·  39 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Published September 4th 2012 by BroadLit

To ask other readers questions about Starstruck Romance and Other Hollywood Tails, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Starstruck Romance and Other Hollywood Tails

Julia Dumont
Aug 22, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
“A delightful diversion." – Kikus Reviews

An intrepid young matchmaker in Hollywood sparks chemistry with an old flame, an ex-flame and an A-list actor, all while finding love for her clients in this engaging romance.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Jeff Favre - HerBusyLife Critic

Starstruck Romance Is Sexy, Funny New Novel

Racy romance novels are making a comeback into the mainstream, thanks, in part, to the phenomenon t
Jeannette
Sep 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Funny, sexy, and entertaining. I used to live in LA and enjoyed Julia Dumont's fast paced story of these wonderfully flawed and whacky characters who are living their dreams. Hot movie stars, lots of romance, and paranormal dogs -- what more can you ask for when you're looking for a good book to curl up with?
Beckey
Oct 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Dumont did it again with another book that never failed in hooking the reader attention.
Fast paced & enjoyable weekend read with paranormal elements (hushing on what cause ain't no spoilers here for this book...)
Interesting book that has some wacky characters that will have you chuckling...

Barbara
Sep 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Funny, sexy non-stop romp. I love Cynthia and the cast of characters in this novel. The dogs are great, too. And how can you lose with a major Hollywood star, lots of sex, a crazy ex and a love- (or lust-) hungry best friend. if you need a great escape and a very spicy romance, don't miss this one.
Lauren Walker
Oct 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: steamy
I really enjoyed this story. I finished it in one sitting of about four hours. As predictable as I thought it was going to be, there were actually a few surprises. I wouldn't call it an "intelligent read", but it was intelligently written.
Kelsey Weller
Oct 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Great book. I really enjoyed all the hollywood references and the handsome star... Lolita's dogs are my favorite and I can't wait for the next book!
Jackie
BOOK SYNOPSIS

As her Second Acts Dating Service truly takes off, Cynthia Amas discovers that in the heady world of high-end Hollywood romance, with success comes complexity. In this wildly seductive romp through the lush canyons and lavish neighborhoods of Los Angeles, the line between business and pleasure quickly blurs in a dizzying rush of sex and celebrity. Just as our heroine’s uncanny genius for matching up her growing roster of exclusive love seekers continues to deepen, her own love l
Tracey Cramer-Kelly
May 26, 2015 rated it liked it
The idea of this story is hilarious. Cynthia’s dating service for the Hollywood elite leads her to a potential ‘relationship’ with Hollywood’s biggest star (and major player). At the same time, her on-again, off-again boyfriend shows up. AND her teenage crush moves back into town. It’s a perfect storm - of the laughing kind.

Unfortunately, it was difficult to read; it would have benefited from a good edit. Head-hopping and ‘telling’ instead of ‘showing’ both take me out of the story. We were told
Marie
Jan 18, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: don-t-bother
Oh dear. Where to start hmmm? I didn't like the POV changes, the writing style annoyed me and the whole story wasn't well developed in my opinion.

I feel I didn't get to know any of the characters very well at all, in fact all of them annoyed me.

Lolita was actually very bitchy and was always in a mood. Cynthia was just all over the place, her relationship with her mom, Jack and Pete was shambles. Jack- well I don't even know what to think about him, especially at the end and Pete well he was ve
Katie-marie
Dec 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Well the main characters judgement of character has gotten better in this book. We find out the best friend becomes even more of a psycho and Max is still an ass. One character that really improved for me in this book is her mom. I did not really like her in book one, but I loved her by the end of book two. The love interest in this book are much better and more interesting than book one. I liked the main character a lot more in book two also. She starts to think more about what she wants and st ...more
Megan
I believe this story had a lot of potential. The idea of a matchmaker in Hollywood who handled some notorious persons would have been quite the story. Instead I felt not everyone was fully developed. I couldn't learn to love them or hate them.
Cynthia was very scattered brained. Jack had no real depth, but then again he is an actor. Lolita was not a favorable person. And please explain to me, is she crazy because she hears her dogs talk? Her mother - annoying.
There were a few enjoyable parts. C
Feminista
Dec 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Rating: 4 out of 5.

‘Starstruck Romance and Other Hollywood Tails’ focuses on Cynthia’s life over two epic days. She finds herself in middle of attention of way too many men.

In this book, she finally finds her true love. Maybe…

ARC courtesy of NetGalley and Broadthink.
Amanda
Dec 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: won-gr
Fast paced & enjoyable weekend read with paranormal elements, quirky and comical characters. Funny and memorable characters- had me laughing out loud at times. I read this book in one sitting and recommend it to others. I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
Sjm22
Nov 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
even better than first
Michael Deschenes
Oct 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book was great - from a male perspective I found it enjoyable. I recommend it ! Love the dogs!
Clorie
Oct 02, 2014 rated it it was ok
This had a potential but was jumpy and didn't flow very well. Don't need more.
Chad Sims
Aug 29, 2014
Barbara Butler
Nov 05, 2012
  • Tempestuous Eden
  • Christmas in the Billionaire's Bed (Kavanaghs of Silver Glen, #3)
  • Gambling with the Crown (Heirs to the Throne of Kyr #1)
  • A Legacy of Secrets (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #1)
  • Hooked: When Addiction Hits Home
  • Dial M for Menage
  • What the Greek's Money Can't Buy (The Untamable Greeks, #1)
  • Claiming Her Warriors (Lumineta, #2)
  • Salvation (Nashville Nights, #2)
  • Guarding the Princess
  • The Reluctant Countess
  • Menage on 34th Street
  • Hero of My Heart
  • Tangled Up: Crossing the Line\Burned
  • Dangerous Illusions (Dangerous #1)
  • In Our House: Perception Vs Reality
  • Billion Dollar Cowboy (Cowboys & Brides, #1)
  • Cowboy Behind the Badge (Sweetwater Ranch, #2)

The Not-So-Authorized Bio of Julia Dumont

Julia Dumont is not my real name. I have a secret life, which is why I have to keep my true identity hidden. My fellow university professors would never understand why a very serious literary professor such as myself would ever confess her addiction to reading romance novels, much less to her passion for writing them. Read an interview with Julia.

I have sp