Start by marking “Easter Bunny Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #19)” as Want to Read:
Easter Bunny Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #19)

Easter Bunny Murder

(Lucy Stone #19)

Spring has sprung in Tinker's Cove, and Lucy Stone has a mile-long to-do list. From painting eggs with her grandson, to preparing the perfect Easter feast, to reviving her garden after a long, cold winter, she hardly has time to hunt for a killer with a deadly case of spring fever... Lucy has always loved covering the annual Easter egg hunt for the Pennysaver. Hosted by el ...more
Published January 29th 2013 by Kensington

To ask other readers questions about Easter Bunny Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Easter Bunny Murder

Start your review of Easter Bunny Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #19)
Emma
Apr 02, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: cozy-mystery, usa, easter
I am so glad this is finally over! I was very excited about reading an Easter-themed book (my very first) right before Easter.... and then... this happened.

Yes, I've noticed cozy mysteries are often "hit or miss" for me but nothing had prepared me for this one: absolutely nothing interested me about Lucy Stone's life, family, job (what is she exactly, a caring grandma or the next Pulitzer winner? She could be both, I agree, but the book switches awkwardly between one and the other, this is unpl
Tari
The annual Easter egg hunt was something all the kids in Tinker's Cove looked forward to, but this particular year, it didn't even look as if one had been planned. Then the man playing the Easter Bunny fell over and died. Rumors were circulating that the town's richest woman Vivian Van Vorst (whose grandson Van had played the Bunny and died) was having money issues, but after managing to get herself hired on as temporary food service help, Lucy didn't think that was quite the case.

This was a ver
Jenny
Apr 16, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime
Easter Bunny Murder is a great book to read on the Easter Holidays. Local reporter Lucy Stone took her grandson Patrick and daughter in law Molly to the local Easter Egg Hunt. It was meant to be a happy day for all the village children. However, this did not happen the Easter Buddy Van Vorst Duff collapsed and died in front of the children. Lucy Stone did not think anything about it until Van Vorst Duff ex-girlfriend comes into the paper saying it was murder and this started Lucy Stone to invest ...more
Robin Loves Reading
Another holiday is approaching for Lucy Stone and this time it is Easter. Ever the busy woman, Lucy again has a lot on her plate. For those not familiar with the series, Lucy is married with four children and also has a grandson. She is also a newspaper reporter. More exciting, however, is she is also an amateur sleuth, one who happens upon many a murder scene and with the keen sense to identifying killers, and often at risk to her own life.

Lucy is currently trying to prepare an exceptional East
Crystal
Feb 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was my first Leslie Meier Lucy Stone mystery and it won't be my last. Even though I started with book #19 I didn't see it as a problem. Yes I would have known a little more about the characters if I would have read the previous 18 books, but since this is a mystery and the books are focused on the mystery plot it wasn't too much of a problem coming into book #19 and learning the characters on the fly. I felt like Ms. Meier gives good background into each of the main characters so that I nev ...more
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
Though I jumped into this book so far into the series I was still able to understand since it does feel like you've missed anything. I see that Lucy tends to stumble into mysteries that happen. She brings her grandson to the annual Easter egg hunt only to end up with the bunny murdered instead. Things lead to another and some keep secrets come to light. This was enjoyable story. I may start from the beginnning not time. LOL
Jennifer Girard
Jan 23, 2020 rated it did not like it
1.5

I just don't care anymore... Lucy is annoying and I can't stand her. It was my last try with this series.
Dawn
Any series that has gone nineteen books (and some-odd novellas -- too lazy to look up the exact number while I compose my review) is going to have a few one- or two-star duds. I guess it's clear which direction this review is going to take, huh?

What I liked about Easter Bunny Murder:
A couple of interesting twists
- While I did correctly guess whodunnit fairly early on (I mean when the clues are SO OBVIOUS), the twists blindsided the heck out of me as they were revealed.
The ending - I will be ho
Kathy
Sep 09, 2019 rated it liked it
In this book Lucy finds herself investigating elder abuse, mainly of her very old millionaire friend. Her family obviously wants her money, and they aren't willing to wait for her to die. They move and start selling her valuable items, cutting staff and expenses and confining her to life in bed in deplorable conditions. In the meantime, someone is also killing off some of the heirs for their own seceret reasons.
David
Apr 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
Easter Bunny Murder by Leslie Meier was an OK mystery. I enjoyed it well enough. However, it's premise as set-up in the first chapter wasn't carried through. It would have been nice if the Easter theme could have been maintained. As it was, the story meandered its way to the heat of summer. As for the murder victim, that was introduced in the first chapter but the story digressed well away from the victim. It became more of a sub-plot. We, the reader, weren't even informed that the culprit exist ...more
Stasha
May 26, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-books, mystery
If you're a fan of tightly written mysteries which stick to the main story line, this is not for you. The book wanders between the mystery, tales of trying to get Lucy's husband to plan for the future, kids still living at home, kid's living away (still trying to figure out what the side trip to Florida did for the plot), and working with the small town paper. I got this as an available audio book from the library and it did stand alone although I do get the feeling that some of the character de ...more
Bridgett
Mar 27, 2016 rated it it was ok
On a scale of 1 to Coco, Easter Bunny Murder receives a 3. It wasn't silly enough to be cozy and it wasn't thrilling enough to be a good mystery. The plot twist was like finding an Easter Egg...in July...because it has started to smell. It was my first experience with the Lucy Stone mysteries and, just like sitting on the lap of a creepy guy in a bunny suit, not one I intend to repeat.
Minx
I liked that the main character was a part time reporter. The mystery was handled differently because of that and it made for an interesting read. The whodunit was quite interesting and not what I expected. :D
Linda
Mar 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Another good Lucy Stone novel, this time starting off at the annual Easter egg hunt. I like that these books take place in real time where things aren't solved in a matter of days.
Nicole
Classic holiday Lucy Stone cozy, which I highly recommend! A+
Moondance
It was not the sort of thing you expected on a beautiful April morning.

Lucy along with her grandson, Patrick and daughter in law, Molly are off to Pine Point for the annual Easter Egg Hunt. Pine Point is owned by Vivian Van Vorst, a wealthy benefactor for the town of Tinker's Cove. Imagine Lucy's surprise when the Easter Bunny dies as they enter the estate. We learn that the bunny is Vivian's grandson and that perhaps family members are being killed because of their inheritances.

This installment
Toni
Apr 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

This series is really growing on me. and it shows clearly why you shouldn’t judge a whole series based on your feelings about one book. The first book I read in this series wasn’t my favorite. It was just okay and I considered not returning to Tinker’s Cove because of it. Every book I have read since has been getting better and better. Mysteries more complex. This and the St. Patrick’s Day Murders have been two of my most favorite.

This book had a pretty complex mystery that I was cheeri
Vicki
I thought this was a cute, definitely "cozy" mystery. I enjoyed the variety of characters in the story, from little Patrick (very young child) to VV who is 90 years old and all the in between ages.

There is an annual event that Patrick's grandma takes him to, but when they get there she recognizes that something is different and very wrong. It takes very little time before she learns that the East Bunny, who happens to be (view spoiler)
Elizabeth Plunkett
Jul 14, 2020 rated it liked it
Another Lucy Stone auidobook! I listened to this one while walking and doing puzzles. It felt a little Downton Abbey-ish Lucy is reporting on an easter egg hunt at a local mansion and sees the owner's grandson die and she thinks MURDER! It was cozy and nice like the usual sort of books with a little undercover sluething by Lucy.
Shona
Jun 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: murder-detective
Lucy Stone is like an old friend. Good reading for when you want to relax and calm your mind for sleeping. Nothing too suspenseful or scary to keep you up. Each book continues where the last left off so you can get to know all the characters of her little town in Maine.
Mandy
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it

I really liked this one! Though it did feel a bit slower than some of the others in the series I read, it didn't drag. This one was very suspenseful and kept me guessing! It did go off on different tangents, like these tend to do, but I feel like it came together nicely in the end!
Stephanie
Apr 19, 2020 rated it it was ok
A fine cozy mystery but because it was slow moving, it just didn't hold my attention as much as others.
Liviania
Feb 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
My mom instilled me with a love of cozy mysteries. I venture into more hardcore thrillers at times, but often find the violence and other crimes too grotesque and gratuitous. I mean, if you read my reviews, you know that I love me a violent book. But there's something particularly ugly about the ways bodies are described in certain mysteries. However, you can trust a cozy mystery to be light on the gore and heavy on the gossip.

Lucy Stone is a reporter for the Pennysaver. She's not on duty when s
Julie Barrett
Jan 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Easter Bunny Murder by Leslie Meier
I like reading this type of mystery/holiday book and have read others by the author so when I saw she had this new one coming up, I asked the publisher to send me an ARC.
Love the traditions they have because they resemble the ones I grew up with also.
This one starts out where Lucy and other locals are heading to the annual Easter egg hunt at VV's, the McMansion house on the hill. In the plastic eggs are usually certificates for money or schooling or day care.
Co
Kari Anderson
Feb 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It’s Easter time and time for the annual Easter egg hunt at Vivian Van Vorst’s house. VV is one of the wealthiest women in the country and always uses the holiday to give back to the children in the community through saving’s bonds and scholarships… not your normal Easter goodies. But this year, the gates are locked and it looks like the hunt is off. Until the man in the bunny costume comes bouncing out with his basket of eggs. But he doesn’t make it far before he falls… dead.

This is the first
Mary
Feb 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
MY THOUGHTS
LOVED IT

Lucy Stone, reporter for the Pennysaver in Tinker's Cove, is set to take her grandson to the annual Easter Egg hunt at Vivian Van Vorst's palatial estate, Pine Point. Something strange is up at the site when they arrive with the rest of the town to find the gates locked and no hospitality when her son, Van Vorst Duff (Van), comes out dressed as the Easter Bunny and drops dead on the porch. Even more strange is that VV has withdrawn from her social engagements and the charity c
Crystal
Apr 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was on the top of my mom's to read pile. I just couldn't wait to read so I got to read it first. I love Leslie Meier and her Lucy Stone mysteries. She has a way of writing a wonderful mystery with humor thrown in as well. I've been reading Ms. Meier's work for a couple of years and I always enjoy her wonderful stories.

What started out as a normal day that Lucy and her daughter-in-law expected to be a fun Easter Egg Hunt for Patrick, suddenly took a turn for the worse when the Easter b
Lorraine
Apr 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: those who like a light holiday mystery.
Shelves: fiction, own, mystery-cozy
Happy Easter Everyone !! I just finished Easter Bunny Murder, and wished to write the review today. I love Maine, having spent almost 30 summers in the Great State of Maine !! I have a great 'picture' of Tinker's Cove, and I have seen beautiful houses such as VV's and was lucky enough to spent some time in one, a friend from school family's summer home in Prout's Neck ! Luckily, nothing happened as compared to the Easter Bunny Murder's prolific killer and all that the killer accomplished. I am d ...more
Erin
Jan 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Easter Bunny Murder is a fun book about Lucy Stone, a writer at a local paper, and a rich, local family. Lucy takes her daughter and her grandson to the yearly Easter egg hunt at the Pine Point estate, which is put on by Vivian Van Vorst. When a member of the rich family dies suspiciously in front of everyone, Lucy decides to find out what is going on. As more dead bodies of the rich family keep turning up, Lucy learns this is much more involved then she had originally thought.

This book was a fu
Karen B.
Mar 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unfortunately I was home sick on Easter Sunday so I wanted something light to read. I read this in e-book format but also listened on audio as I sometimes drifted half asleep. This was the perfect read for the afternoon! Lucy Stone once again gets herself involved in a murder and mystery. The mysterious, wealthy VV plans for her annual Easter Egg Hunt but this year things are very different. It begins with the death of the Easter Bunny, that is her son. It later turns out that Van was murdered. ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Madison Mega-Mara...: Easter Bunny Murder - 17th June Book 1 1 Jul 01, 2013 07:41AM

• Christmas Sweets (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #18.5)
  • Candy Cane Murder (Hannah Swensen, #9.5)
  • Christmas Cupcake Murder (Hannah Swensen, #26)
  • Death of a Kitchen Diva (Hayley Powell Food and Cocktails Mystery, #1)
  • Gingerbread Cookie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #13.5)
  • Coconut Layer Cake Murder (Hannah Swensen #25)
  • The Chocolate Castle Clue (A Chocoholic Mystery, #11)
  • Death of a Pumpkin Carver (Hayley Powell Food and Cocktails Mystery #8)
  • The Chocolate Frog Frame-Up (A Chocoholic Mystery, #3)
  • Poppy Harmon and the Hung Jury (A Desert Flowers Mystery #2)
  • Sealed Off (A Maine Clambake Mystery, #8)
  • Murder in the Reading Room
  • Egg Drop Dead (Cackleberry Club, #7)
  • Death of a Wicked Witch (Hayley Powell Food and Cocktails Mystery #13)
  • Come Homicide or High Water
  • The Diva Frosts a Cupcake (A Domestic Diva Mystery, #7)
  • The Chocolate Bear Burglary (A Chocoholic Mystery, #2)
  • Death of a Lobster Lover (Hayley Powell Food and Cocktails Mystery, #9)
Leslie Meier lives in Harwich, Cape Cod, Massachusetts. She is the creator of 'Lucy Stone', a reporter and amateur sleuth in New England.

Lucy Stone (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Mistletoe Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #1)
  • Tippy Toe Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #2)
  • Trick or Treat Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #3)
  • Back to School Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #4)
  • Valentine Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #5)
  • Christmas Cookie Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #6)
  • Turkey Day Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #7)
  • Wedding Day Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #8)
  • Birthday Party Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #9)
  • Father's Day Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #10)

News & Interviews

“Envy’s a green-eyed monster that comes hissing hot from hell.” 0 likes
“Some truths were too difficult to accept, so the mind manufactured excuses as a way of denying what it already knew.” 0 likes