Start by marking “Seawitch” as Want to Read:
Seawitch

Seawitch (Greywalker #7)

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  2,171 Ratings  ·  170 Reviews
A quarter century ago, the Seawitch cruised away from her dock and disappeared with everyone on board. Now, the boat has mysteriously returned to her old berth in Seattle and the insurance company has hired Harper to find out what happened.

But Harper is not the only one investigating. Seattle Police Detective Rey Solis is a good cop, albeit one who isn’t comfortable with
Published July 2nd 2013 by Roc (first published August 7th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Seawitch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seawitch

ᴥ Irena ᴥ
3.5
After she dealt with the mystery of her own family, helped placing the new Guardian Beast, realized she mustn't play with death anymore, Harper gets a new case. A boat that was missing for twenty-seven years suddenly comes back without its passengers but with a lot of bloody clues on board.

This time, though, she has to work closely with Ray Solis and the Danzingers are in England. Fortunately, I wasn't mistaken in liking Ray Solis. Harper will even meet his family. That experience will show a
Ranting Dragon
Jul 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: garrett
Review originally posted here: http://www.rantingdragon.com/review-o...

Seawitch is the seventh novel of the nationally bestselling Greywalker series by Kat Richardson. Private investigator and Greywalker Harper Blaine is back in Seattle after the the events of book six ( Downpour ) took both her and her boyfriend out of their comfort zones and to a national park near Seattle.

Stephanie  G
Harper is sent by an insurance company to investigate a boat that went missing twenty-seven years ago and suddenly showed back up at the harbor. It didn’t have any passengers, but it does look a mess. One of the rooms had a lot of blood decorating the floor in a ritualistic manner. Rey Solis, a police detective that usually finds his way attached to Harper’s unusual cases, is charged with seeing if foul play had anything to do with it, but what he really wants is the dirt on Harper. They both ge ...more
momokaachan
Nov 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series
A Good read.

I also wanted to add a personal note of thanks to Ms. Richardson for being so accurate about Puget Sound names, lore etc. I am proud to be a Puget Sound local and I loved being to follow the Mambo Moon on its trip to (eventual destination) Jones Island on a MapQuest map!
Garrett Jones
Jan 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Originally posted here: http://www.rantingdragon.com/review-o...

Harper Blaine used to be a smaller-time private investigator–that is, until she died for two minutes. Now, she's a Greywalker, so
Kathy Davie
Feb 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, urban
Seventh in the Greywalker urban fantasy series revolving around Harper Blaine in Seattle.

My Take
Poor Solis. He's had his suspicions about Harper and they're all about to be confirmed. And then some. It turns out he has an ulterior motive to learn more about what he's suspected.

There's a strange sort of magic surrounding Harper in this one. Not the usual vampires and witches. Still, I suppose if Richardson is going to up the legal end of things with Solis as Harper's partner for this case, it's
☕ Kimberly
Nov 29, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Greywalker series is one of my favorite urban fantasies. It has elements I love; fantastic world building, fully developed characters, mysteries, suspense, and plenty of paranormal woo-woo. I was absolutely smitten with Downpour the last installment of the series and the wait for Seawitch was excruciating! It was worth every second as Richardson delivered a fast paced, action packed tale that kept me on the edge of my seat. I had to force myself to set it down or else I would have consumed i ...more
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Originally posted at http://smexybooks.com/2012/08/review-...

Favorite Quote: “Welcome to the freak show.“

Seawitch, the seventh installment in Richardson’s Greywalker series, pits magic against good old police skills in a swashbuckling seafaring adventure when Harper Blaine teams up with a Seattle police detective to investigate a decades old mystery. When a boat (the Seawitch) that has been missing for 27 years suddenly turns up, abandoned in its slip, the insurance company calls in Harper Blain
Karissa
Oct 15, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the seventh book in the Greywalker series. It was a solid addition to the series but was pretty contained; there was no new big story-arc started.

I listened to this on audiobook and the audiobook was very well done. The narrator does an excellent job and sounds exactly like I imagine Harper would. She also does an excellent job distinguishing between voices.

Harper and detective Solis have both been assigned with the investigation of a mysterious ghostly ship that has appeared in the harb
Elizabeth
I seem to be in the minority here on this book. I thought it was too confusing. There was too much information about ships that I couldn't visualize. It was tedious. The bad guys were difficult to understand. What was happening was difficult to understand. And suddenly people who usually can't see grey can see things. There were too many characters that weren't important enough but I kept getting tangled in their names and places and relative importance. Even at the end, I didn't really understa ...more
iBooks and weirdness 1 14 Aug 12, 2012 03:06PM
  • Raven Calls (Walker Papers, #7)
  • Slashback (Cal Leandros, #8)
  • Haunted (Anna Strong Chronicles, #8)
  • Forged in Fire (Sarah Beauhall #3)
  • Ashes of Honor (October Daye, #6)
  • Chasing Magic (Downside Ghosts, #5)
  • Magic Without Mercy (Allie Beckstrom, #8)
  • Kitty Steals the Show (Kitty Norville, #10)
  • Bone Gods (Black London, #3)
  • Hellbent (Cheshire Red Reports, #2)
  • Shadows Before the Sun (Charlie Madigan, #4)
  • Mean Streets (Remy Chandler, #1.5; Greywalker, #3.5; Nightside, #9.5; The Dresden Files, #10.5)
  • Death's Rival (Jane Yellowrock, #5)
  • Back from the Undead (The Bloodhound Files, #5)
  • The Mortal Bone (Hunter Kiss, #4)
Bestselling author of the Greywalker paranormal detective novels. Former theater brat, singer, dancer, gemology and jewelry course-writer, liveaboard boater, and editor. Currently lives in the wilds of far-western Washington with her husband and dogs.
More about Kat Richardson...

Greywalker (9 books)
  • Greywalker (Greywalker, #1)
  • Poltergeist (Greywalker, #2)
  • Underground (Greywalker, #3)
  • Vanished (Greywalker, #4)
  • Labyrinth (Greywalker, #5)
  • Downpour (Greywalker, #6)
  • Possession (Greywalker, #8)
  • Revenant (Greywalker, #9)
“I threw my arms around him. “I yearn only for you.”
Quinton gave a self-conscious shrug and an embarrassed laugh. “I feel the same way about you and I’m sorry I’m  .  .  . being an ass. Also, I suspect you just wanted to use ‘yearn’ in a sentence.”
4 likes
“Fall?” he repeated. “Say more like flying, as if someone threw you. What  .  .  . was that?”
I chewed on my words before I let them out. “I  .  .  . sometimes have little disagreements with  .  .  . um, with reality. And physics.”
4 likes