Start by marking “The Preacher's Wifey” as Want to Read:
The Preacher's Wifey

The Preacher's Wifey

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  79 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
With her curvy body, long jet black hair, and a face to rival any super model, Allyson Chase is every man's fantasy, and she sees nothing wrong with sleeping her way to the top to maintain the life of luxury her good looks have afforded her. From athletes to politicians, she's been with them all.
When Byran Ward, a wealthy pastor, enters the scene, Allyson could not be mo
Published February 26th 2013 by Urban Books (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Preacher's Wifey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Preacher's Wifey

Cryssy Dee
Jun 11, 2017 rated it liked it
The book started off very interesting. I was intrigued and thought it would only get better from there but I feel just when the climax was supposed to hit, nothing happened and the storyline flatlined. I'm sure a lot of women can relate to both Allyson and Shatrice and how they both ended up loving Byran. What I would have loved to see is Allyson seeking to love herself first and by herself. She needed to stay single instead of jumping from one man to the next. To be frank, that whole situation ...more
Monique
Feb 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Allyson Chase has spent the majority of her life chasing the big baller but hadn't gotten her any where. Then she met Bryan Ward. He was a up and coming Holy Ghost preacher that had vision of running a mega church. After accepting the agreement to be with 'wifey' (on paper only not in his heart) her life and lifestyle changed. She enjoyed the good life no she lived the golden life. Until he asked her to get an abortion...

God interceded in Allyson's life. First a simple conversation in a waiting
Sheryl Boyce
Jul 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book! It's amazing how far people will go or sell themselves for money. But when a person learns their true worth, they will see that the dollar bill can't match the value. It's amazing how you view yourself when you are looking through the eyes of God. You can learn a lot about yourself and figure out why we do what we do. In the end, it helps us to be a better person to ourselves and others. I will look for other books by this author.
S. LaRue
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Better than I thought!

It is said you can never judge a book by its cover or title in my case. I was turned off by the title at first, but I kept coming back to the book and decided to check it out. God is so amazing and this book shows it in a practical way. It is now one of my favorite books. I loved it! This book was a full book that did not leave me hanging but hoping for more inspirational reading by Dishan Washington.
Nicole Hughes
May 30, 2013 rated it liked it
Overall this book is a good read. It started off well but towards the end I was bored. I think the ending was too long and many parts were unnecessary. Bryan was unbelievable and walked away unscathed which I did not like. At times Allyson's character really upset me with her actions. However the book held my attention until the last few chapters.
Bree
Sep 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
I give this book two thumbs up and it was awesome from start to finish. I hated how Byran treated Alyson like she was his whore. She should have left him when she found out their was another baby. I was thrilled to see Seth waited on her and did not try to pressure her. She went thru so much she deserved to be happy. I waa glad her parents remarried and worked things out.
Jill
Apr 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013
A woman marries for money, then finds love elsewhere and has to decide what is most important to her. The story has potential, although it gets preachy and could make its point without the long Bible quotations. The dialog tends to be stilted.

This book contains alcohol use.
June
Jun 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a page turner. I like the author style of writing. What kind of Pastor would have an arranged marriage just so he could become the pastor of a large congregation? Money does not buy happiness.
LeQuisha Bishop
Apr 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Loved Allyson!!! Byran was a typical man, he didn't care about who he hurt as long as he looked perfect it didn't matter!!! I'm glad Seth came in the picture he is the epitome of what a real man should be!!!
Lisa Brown
Apr 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
DiShan Washington has done it again!!! You will not be disappointed. I found myself not able to put the book down. You will fall in love with some characters and others will make you want to rip them right from the pages of the book. I am anxiously awaiting her next book!!!
BW Diva
Sep 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I so loved this book is was a great read I'm glad Allyson found real love and let the money go I'm glad her mom found love again also......I love the writer style of this book kept you interested
Nicole
Jul 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!!!!!
Angela
Mar 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved it!! I couldn't stop reading it because the characters were so real to me! I love Seth and enjoy Lady Di's writing!
Oct 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
I liked this book. There was plenty of drama but in the end it came down to her faith in the Lord. It showed that no matter what you do in life you can come back from it with faith.
Deverna Williams
May 06, 2013 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the book but found it way too preachy toward the end.
Burgundy
I loved this book. This author is definitely getting better in her writing
Aliyah
Apr 27, 2018
Gailstiger
Nov 01, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
DiShan Washington is a native of Valley, Alabama. Married at the age of 16, she became one of the youngest known First Ladies (Pastor’s wife) at the age of 17, and with this feat came incredible challenges that led to bouts of low self-esteem, depression, two suicide attempts, and a plethora of other struggles she openly shares. The landscape of her life changed and her marriage came to an end at ...more