Start by marking “Rumor Has It (Animal Magnetism, #4)” as Want to Read:
Rumor Has It (Animal Magnetism, #4)

(Animal Magnetism #4)

He’ll help unleash the new woman in her…

Special Ops soldier Griffin Reid doesn’t exactly have happy memories of growing up in Sunshine, Idaho. He’s only come back to recover from a war injury, and while he refuses to admit he’s in a weakened state, he finds comfort in the last person he’d expect.

Kate Evans teaches fourth grade science in Sunshine, the place she’s always ca
Mass Market Paperback, 281 pages
Published November 5th 2013 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Rumor Has It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rumor Has It

KAS
Jul 10, 2019 rated it liked it

Does it amaze you, as much as it does me, how much my tastes have changed over the years? Specifically, in my case, the romance genre.

I am almost certain had I read this when it released in 2013, I would have been five starring this baby.

I read the blurb before I started listening to my first book in this series, and was really anticipating angst, tension, and a push/pull between Griffin and Kate. But zero, zip, zilch on all three.

On my swoon meter, this barely registered a 2. For crying out lo
Shawna
4 stars – Contemporary Romance

This was such a cute, fun read! I haven’t laughed this hard reading a book in a while. I really enjoyed it!

Broody Special Ops soldier Griffin and sweet, spunky, slightly nerdy science teacher Kate are an entertaining pair and share lots of witty, flirtatious banter. There are several great secondary characters, especially Griffin’s best friend, Adam, and Kate’s adorable, smart, geeky, super hero costume wearing seven-year-old brother, Tommy, who nearly steals the b
♥Rachel♥
Nov 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-e-book
Rumor Has It was a sweet, feel good romance set in a small town. A romance like this is the equivalent to literary comfort food for me, and Jill Shalvis definitely satisfied my cravings.

Kate is a fourth-grade teacher and sweet and giving person who takes care of everyone but herself. Her family relies heavily on her after her mother’s death and her father’s fall into depression. He’s finally improving but, finds she finds it hard to let go of the control. Because of this, Kate’s put graduate sc
Lisa Kay
★★★★ The audio is nicely narrated by Karen White. ...more
Jaime Arkin
So basically I think this is my new favorite from Jill.

By now, you're all familiar with my Jill Shalvis love. At least I think you are.

The one thing I can count on with her books is that I'm entertained. Are they formulaic? Absolutely. But I don't care one bit when I am completely engrossed in the story and the characters.

Rumor Has It is book 4 in the Animal Magnetism series and we're quickly introduced to Kate Evans. She takes care of everyone, her father, her younger brother and sister and
Lori Foster
Dec 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved, Loved, Loved this book! Griff... oh yum. I think he's my new favorite Jill Shalvis hero.
I just adore a broken-wing hero who is still all badass Alpha and totally capable, but also really kind. Griff was the whole package. And seriously, I just kept laughing out loud!
A must read for anyone who enjoys fast-paced, humorous, sexy contemporary novels!
Paula
Aug 22, 2013 rated it really liked it

-- A Romantic Book Affairs Review

Griffin Reid wanted nothing more than to escape Sunshine. At the age of eighteen, he enlists in the army and has been gone ever since. He’s recently been medically discharged after an IED exploded by him and scarred him badly. He’s back in his hometown for Holly (his sister) and Adam’s wedding and to also recuperate and regroup; trying to figure out what he wants to do next. He’s never truly noticed Kate, but when she literally falls at his feet, he notices that
Jess
Sep 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
Blog rating: A-

I was hooked from the start because Kate is simply adorable. Right off the bat, we’re witness to her hectic life where she’s a second grade teacher, she takes care of everyone, specifically her dad who’s recovering from addiction and her siblings: a younger teenage sister and sweetheart of a little brother. Kate’s also been putting off accepting a scholarship that would put her out of state for year. She’s already turned this opportunity do
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

It’s no secret that I adore Jill Shalvis. She is the queen of Contemporary Romance and with RUMOR HAS IT, Shalvis shows you exactly why.

Are you looking for some laughs? RUMOR HAS IT could possibly be the funniest book Shalvis has written so far.

Are you looking for a sexy scarred hero who is a little tortured? Shalvis delivers that in one hot package; Special Ops solider Griffin Reid returns to Sunshine, Idaho to recover from an injury that gives him intense headaches.

Are you looking for a likea
namericanwordcat
This is a lot charming about this romacne. I love the heroine and her nervous science facts. It is why I bought the book and I has not disappointed in that fun.

I adore her family--especially her brother. I love her dad and her crazed teenage sister. I love that the heroine has a dream that ia all her own that she is struggling to balence with everything she loves.

The hero and romacne are good but not as good as the other parts of the story. II will say that the HEA is th best.

If you are looki
Pat
Nov 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Rumor Has it............ Jill Shalvis

Being a huge Jill Shalvis fan, and my favorite of her series being Animal Magnetism, I was so excited to read this novel. It was everything I hoped for and more.

Kate Evans is an amazing woman. She is a second grade teacher in Sunshine Idaho, acts like a mother to her two siblings, and even takes care of her Dad. Most amazing of all, she is best friends with her former boyfriend Ryan and rides with him to school everyday. Ryan is the principal at the elementa
Laura the Highland Hussy
Read this review on Got Fiction? blog

Kate Evans takes care of everyone in her life. She may not live at home, but every morning before work, she runs to her father’s house, gets her teenage sister and 8 year old brother ready for school, she even takes care of her ex, who is also her boss and best friend.

But the big question is, when will Kate take care of herself?

Her other best friend, Holly, is getting married and Kate is in the wedding. She is blind-sided when Holly’s brother Griffin shows u
Lauren
4.5 Stars

Love comes when you least expect it. Griffin Reid returns home to Sunshine, Idaho to recuperate from an injury and is caught unaware by his attraction to his sister’s best friend, elementary school teacher, Kate Evans. Kate has had a crush on Griffin since childhood and decides to seize the moment, but is their newfound romance a short-term fling or something that will last a lifetime…

Griffin and Kate are a perfect match. Her sexy, snarky sweetness counterbalances his dark a
Holly
Shalvis has penned another winner. This is probably my favorite of all her Animal Magnetism books. I loved Griffin and Kate. But especially Griffin.

I definitely suggest you go preorder this book. Like, right now.
Kate has spent her whole life putting everyone else first, she may live on her own but she is constantly round at her Dad's house taking care of him and her younger siblings and even though she has been offered a scholarship to the graduate training course of her dreams for several years in a row she's never felt able to go and leave her family behind to take care of themselves. For once she wants to do something just for herself and the return of her best friend's sexy older brother Griffin giv ...more
Andrea
Sep 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love Jill Shalvis' books, and the Animal Magnetism series is one of my all-time favorites. I (re)read them whenever I need a feel-good book to pick me up, because they are so funny, sometimes heartbreaking, and just... real. Rumor has it is the perfect addition to it, even though poor Griffin has to compete with Dell and Bradey, two of my all-time favorite heroes.
Griffin returns home to Sunshine (a place he couldn't get out of fast enough when he was a teenager) to attend his sister's wedding.
Jonel
Jan 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: other
Shalvis never fails to make me laugh while creating romance that lasts. This return to her Animal Magnetism series captured me heart and soul. The picturesque scenery that she creates for the area is the perfect backdrop for this emotional, at times turbulent, story that really packs a punch.

Since we first met Griffin and Kate they’ve both called to me in different ways. Kate’s the kind of girl that I find easy to relate to. I can understand being shy, staying at home, and having way too much o
Dee
Nov 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Two-haiku review:

Second grade teacher
Is maid of honor for friend
Friend's brother comes back

More great characters
Loved her random science facts
This one made me smile

Re-reading series November 2015
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 Stars
Rabidreading
**Find this & other reviews at The Demon Librarian**

Rumor Has It was my first Jill Shalvis novel, and after reading it, all I can say is, "More, please!"

I seriously, seriously enjoyed this book. It's a light, sexy read with a perfect balance of humor and emotion, and it won me over so completely, I have already added all the other books in the series to my to-be-read list. Aaaaand I have added the first book in each of her other series too! Overkill? Maybe, but hey, what can I say? I know wh
Thenia
Nov 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was in the mood for a nice contemporary romance audiobook so I did something I rarely do - I picked something at random and pressed play, without reading any reviews or even checking if the book was a part of a series, which it turns out this is.

So knowing nothing about what's happened in the previous three books in the series, I listened to this one and, shocking my OCD-side, I am not particularly bothered that it's out of order!

The story is about Kate, a school teacher who's had a crush on h
Dec 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love Jill Shalvis. Seriously, I want to be BFF's which her.

Every single one of her books makes me laugh, swoon, and melt, and this book was no exception.

Jill, hands down, writes the best heroes ever. There has not been one book of hers that I didn't completely crush on the hero throughout the story. Her heroines are believable as well, talking about things as addictions to cookies, potato chips, and the REAL things women talk about.

She has a way of tugging at the heart strings too with fant
Pamela(AllHoney)
The fourth book in the Animal Magnetism series by Jill Shalvis. Griffin (Grif) Reid is back in Sunshine, Idaho for his sister's wedding and also to recuperate from injuries sustained overseas. His military days are over and he needs to decide what to do with his life. There he sees Kate Evans, his sister's best friend. Staying in Sunshine was never really an option for him but now just maybe...

Jill Shalvis' books are like candy to me. So sweet and yummy! Love the characters and, well, everything
Angela Verdenius
Dec 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh, I loved it,loved, it loved it! Did I mention I loved it? LOL Sweet romance, sexy hero, engaging heroine, some cute pooches, fun friends, small town - what's not to like? I always marvel at how the sex scenes can be so sweet, yet so hot at the same time. Really takes a talented writer to do that, and Jill Shalvis has that talent! I sincerely hope there will be more in this series.
~Leslie~
Oct 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-ebook
Sweet, wonderful story about big brother Griffin and his sister's best friend, Kate. He's known her forever and he makes her spout meaningless factoids whenever he comes near. Jill Shalvis has an amazing ability to write characters I want to get to know in real life.
Head in the clouds
I laughed, I giggled, I snorted, I was moved - what more can you ask for?
Quinn's Book Nook
Definitely one of my favorite Jill Shalvis books. I finished this in about 24 hours. I couldn't put it down.
Mallory
Oct 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 stars
Shannon
Animal Magnetism, Book 4

I Picked Up This Book Because: Continue the series.

The Characters:

Griffin Reid:
Kate Evans:

The Story:

So this story was a bit overloaded. I loved the best friends brother trope but there was a wedding, a missing child, a possible stalker, teacher woes, health issues, daddy issues, a battle to reclaim one's life all rolled up into 281 pages. Or 9 hours and 18 minutes since I listened to this. And actually saying 9 hours doesn’t make it feel as ov
Susan
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very good book. I've been looking forward to this story since the scene in the previous book (Rescue My Heart) when Kate burst in on Holly while she was having a Skype conversation with her brother Griffin. The part where she's hiding because she stripped off her shirt before she knew he could see her was hysterical. It was obvious that she's had a thing for him for a long time, and it seems like he is looking too.

At the start of this book, Griffin has come back to Sunshine for Holly's wedding.

• Sultry with a Twist (Sultry Springs, #1)
  • So Tough to Tame (Jackson Hole, #3)
  • Striking Distance (I-Team, #6)
  • Love a Little Sideways (Kowalski Family, #7)
  • Flirting with Disaster (Camelot, #3)
  • Lady Anne’s Lover
  • Three Little Words (Fool's Gold, #12)
  • Happily Bedded Bliss (The Rakes of Cavendish Square, #2)
  • How to Tame a Wild Fireman (The Bachelor Firemen of San Gabriel, #4)
  • The Way Home (One-Eyed Jacks #2)
  • Half Moon Hill (Destiny, #6)
  • Captive Cowboy (Captured Hearts, #2)
  • Thomas' Heart (Judgement of the Six Companion Series #4)
  • Perfect Fling (Serendipity's Finest, #2)
  • How to be a Scottish Mistress
  • Loch and Key (The McLaughlins, #3)

Look for Jill's latest, LOST AND FOUND SISTERS on shelves and e-readers now, and get all her bestselling, award-winning books wherever romances are sold.

Visit Jill's websi

Animal Magnetism (7 books)
  • Animal Magnetism (Animal Magnetism, #1)
  • Animal Attraction (Animal Magnetism, #2)
  • Rescue My Heart (Animal Magnetism, #3)
  • Then Came You (Animal Magnetism, #5)
  • Still the One (Animal Magnetism, #6)
  • All I Want (Animal Magnetism, #7)
“Having sex is three times more effective as a pain reflector than a morphine dose.” 1 likes
“A dork is a whale’s penis.” 0 likes