Start by marking “Ten Lucky Leprechauns” as Want to Read:
Ten Lucky Leprechauns

Ten Lucky Leprechauns

Fiddle-de-fizz, 'tis magic, it is!
When leprechauns find each other.

Count from one to ten as one little leprechaun looking for treasure magically becomes ten silly leprechaun friends at the end of the rainbow! A humorous, rhyming celebration of St. Patrick's Day!
Published January 1st 2013 by Cartwheel Books (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Ten Lucky Leprechauns, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ten Lucky Leprechauns

Start your review of Ten Lucky Leprechauns
Set
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childhood
This is a short rhyme counting book about leprechauns doing different things. A book about luck for St. Patrick's day or March in general. The illustrations are cute.
Kathryn (Nine Pages)
Review first published on my blog, Nine Pages .

The book counts up as redheaded male and female leprechauns are added to this group in a forest. The text is extremely formulaic: One, two, three, etc. leprechauns see or otherwise become aware of a [adjective] “wee elf” who performs some action illustrated on the page that rhymes with his or her assigned number. “Feedle-di-fizz, ‘tis magic, it is! It’s leprechaun number…” TWO, THREE, etc. I found it too formulaic, and I found the nonsense words
Jamie
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Storytime
Goshen PL Childrens
Read for Storytime, March 15th
Theme: St. Patrick Stories

Super cute counting story!
Kiyoko
Mar 26, 2020 rated it liked it
we listened to this book as a video read during the 2020 coronavirus quarantine
Gwen
Storytime Theme: St. Patrick's Day
Jessica
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
This book is so cute! Loved how each leprechaun was doing something different.
Laura McLoughlin
Perfectly fine book for a St. Patrick's Day themed story-time. But not very exciting. There are probably better books out there.
Grayam
May 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
My son gets so much joy from this book. We count each new leprechaun and note the differences between them. We figure out who is missing which items when the juggler makes his appearance. Sweet and fun for younger kids. Great for introducing counting and the art is fun and interesting -- it encourages discussions based on the child's observations.
Rachel
Feb 25, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: february
This Saint Patrick themed book would be really good for young learners and young readers to teach them to count and it also has a lot of rhyming. I would use this book on St. Patrick's Day and maybe share more stories about leprechaun too.
Miss Sarah
Mar 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: st-patrick-s-day
ten leprechauns each with their own activities find a pot of gold. Liked that I could hid leprechauns around the room for the kids to find to go along with the story. Also had a repetitive line. Okay and would probably use.
Alissa Sparks
This book is one of my favorites because it will allow really young students to learn how to count in a really fun way that they'll remember. The pictures are really entertaining. It's a fun book to have for preschool/kindergarten students.
babyhippoface
There are leprechauns to be found everywhere if you know where to look! (Ireland, I guess!) This simple rhyming book counts leprechauns 1 to 10. Decent choice for PreK and Kindergarten classrooms doing a little St. Patrick's Day celebrating.
Joy Gerbode
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love this book ... cute rhymes for children, and expresses the truth that "luck" is just being surrounded by love.

Again, really enjoyed this book, and love sharing it with my grandchildren. Had to read alone this year ... but I'll be sharing it later with the kids.
Erin
Oct 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 02-fantasy
This was so cute. The illustrations were adorable, and I loved how it was written like an Irishman speaking.
Cian
Nov 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My favorite St. Patty's Day book
Sydnee Killpack
Oct 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childs-lit
A very cute book that children can look at and have fun with. The illustrations looked so good and fun!
Jessica
Jan 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Cute and great length for storytime.
Judy
Mar 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Fun counting and rhyming book for the younger children with St Patricks Day theme!
Mollie B
Feb 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great for storytime participation.
Beth Pearson
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• How to Catch a Leprechaun
  • The Night Before St. Patrick's Day
  • Not Quite Snow White
  • The Teacher from the Black Lagoon (Black Lagoon, #1)
  • Pig the Pug
  • Clifford the Big Red Dog
  • Clifford Goes to Kindergarten
  • The Class from the Black Lagoon (Black Lagoon, #10)
  • Clifford’s Birthday Party
  • Arthur and the Big Snow (Arthur Adventures)
  • The Story of Ruby Bridges
  • Itchy, Itchy Chicken Pox
  • There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Turkey!
  • There Was an Old Mermaid Who Swallowed a Shark!
  • Clifford's Halloween
  • Can You See What I See? On A Scary Scary Night
  • Play Ball, Amelia Bedelia
  • The Snowy Day (Peter, #1)

News & Interviews