Start by marking “Star” as Want to Read:
Star

Star

Star and her mum used to manage.

Now Mum's old friend Charlie has moved in and life is Topsy-turvy. Star knows she wants a horse and needs a new best friend. But how is that going to happen when no one is listening to her?
Published August 1st 2012 by Scholastic Australia (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Star, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star

Start your review of Star
Lucila
Mar 14, 2013 rated it liked it
I really easy and quick read, although a little boring. It took me a while to 'want' to finish it, but in the end it was worth it. It had a very good basic message with great meaning, although Star seemed like a very bossy (probably not the best word...) character, in the end she seemed completely different.
Jovana
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Star is the type of book that will inspire you to complete your dream. It is a loving, passionate, drama-filled novel that will not only touch your heart but will make you believe in yourself.
Braid95
May 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
it was so boring for half the book. I didn't really connect wit any characters and it kept jumping back and forth
Madeleine
Aug 28, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: 10 - 12 year old girls
Recommended to Madeleine by: my younger sister (well actually she said that she only read the start and it was boring so I had to prove her wrong)
seeing as I am 12 years old I found this book a bit childish but I have read some more Catherine Bateson books since, so I am used to her style now. she illustrates the feelings and point of view of children really well and her books are quite realistic.
Mrs Child
Quite realistic in dialogue with a young child who is trying to find her place!A story which deals with many issues. Good read
Flambo
added it
Feb 14, 2018
Miranda
Apr 26, 2018
Catherine Bateson has won the CBCA Book of the Year for Younger Readers twice and received three Honour Book Awards, including one for Older Readers. She teaches in the Professional Writing and Editing course at TAFE but is also available for school visits, to talk about both fiction writing and poetry.

Where were you born?
I was born in Sydney, but grew up in Brisbane where my mother owned a

News & Interviews