Start by marking “Fangs for Nothing (The Fangover, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fangs for Nothing (The Fangover, #2)

Fangs for Nothing (The Fangover #2)

When one of their own ties the knot with a dominatrix (no pun intended), The Impalers—a vampire rock band—are ready to party down. But trouble awaits them once again when they wake up…

Attending their bandmate Saxon’s wedding seemed simple enough for Johnny Malone and Drake Hanover. But after waking up in a dominatrix’s dungeon, they realize their cash and cell phones ha
Published July 2nd 2013 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about Fangs for Nothing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fangs for Nothing

Anna's Herding Cats
Jul 06, 2013 Anna's Herding Cats rated it really liked it
Waking up to your friend's ass-less leather chaps clad rear hanging from a sex swing--inches from your face, while handcuffed to a French chippy intent on making you crazy, in a decked out BDSM dungeon and not a single clue how you wound up there... Worst. Hangover. Ever. lol

And what kicks off an entertaining romp through NOLA filled with gangs of Cher drag queens, random guard alligators and a creeper Domme as vampire rockers Johnny and Drake (and the women they woke up with) piece together the
Darcy
Jul 03, 2013 Darcy rated it it was ok
Shelves: e-book, pnr, vampires, 2013
This one was too similar to the last book, drugged again, couldn't we get something new???? While there were parts that I laughed at, the book was like the movie the Hangover, with a wedding with a domme, vampires, and 5 Cher impersonators. All sorts of wackiness ensues.
Dark Faerie Tales
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: Always be very careful about what you drink at a party, even if it’s a wedding reception. You never know when you might wake up in a dominatrix’s dungeon handcuffed to a person you just met with no memory of the previous night!

Opening Sentence: When Johnny Malone jerked out of sleep suddenly, he became aware of three things in rapid succession.

The Review:

When I read the synopsis for this book, I wasn’t sure what I was going to think. I figur
Franjessca
Review also posted on Book Lovin' Mamas

Ever read a book that leaves you laughing, so hard your family looks at you crazy? Yeah, this is definitely the book that did that to me.
I read the first book, The Fangover, and when I read Fangs for Nothing, I was prepared for the same kind of storyline. I was not prepared for some of the craziness that Johnny and Drake dealt with in this book though.
Erin McCarthy and Kathy Love give you the sexy Impalers again, where they have no clue what happened to the
Michelle Leah Olson
Our Review, by LITERAL ADDICTION's Pack Alpha - Michelle L. Olson:

Another super fun read from Erin & Kathy!! I simply adore these books.

We met our crazy cast in The Fangover, book #1. That book had me shaking my head every step of the way and laughing insanely. In Fangs For Nothing, a part of our IMPALER cast is back with some new friends and enemies, and once again a big black hole where memories of what happened should be...

The Fangover gave us sex, blood, & rock-n-roll, with an alcoho
Ellie
Jun 02, 2013 Ellie rated it liked it
Fangs for Nothing, The Fangover #2, By Erin McCarthy
Grade: C-

“You make me want to be less of an idiot. More respectable. That’s no small feat.”

After their band mate’s wedding Johnny Malone and Drake Hanover wake up in the bride’s dungeon in very compromising positions. Johnny is handcuffed to Lizette, the woman sent from the Vampire Alliance to confirm if he’s alive or dead after faking his own death, while Drake is saved from a sex swing and an alligator by the cater of the wedding Josie Lynn.
Casey
Jun 24, 2013 Casey rated it really liked it
Fangs for Nothing is the second book in the Fangover Series by Erin McCarthy and Kathy Love and it starts off with a bang! After going to their band-mate's wedding, Drake and Johnny wake up in a dominatrix's dungeon with no idea what happened the night before. The girls they wake up with, Lizette and Josie also remember nothing from the night before. As the four of them set out to figure out what happened, they realize that the groom Saxon is missing. Along the way they begin to piece together t ...more
Melindeeloo
2.5 stars = pretty good . Well other than the setup Fangs for Nothing didn't quite end up being the funny read that I was looking for. The immediate aftermath of the setup was probably the funniest part – yes, I admit it is sort of junior high-ish to be amused by a vampire who wakes up in chaps and nothing else and all of the punny lines about the parts of him that were bared to the others who woke up in a Dominatrix’s playroom with no memories of the night ‘before’.

Mostly the story was just cut
Becca Moree
Mar 17, 2014 Becca Moree rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
Sooooo very much better than The Fangover part 1!! I felt like this book had the depth of character and plot line that I am more accustomed to in Love's books.

I was laughing, crying, and definitely a bit of cringing through the book. I will say that this book still followed the movie line closer than I would have liked...but at least we got to learn something about the characters this go round. I was a little disappointed that they got drugged AGAIN...but I guess there aren't many reasons for a
Miranda Owen
Jul 08, 2013 Miranda Owen rated it really liked it
This was a very fun light summer read. There are two main romances in this book: Johnny & Lizette, and Drake & Josie. Johnny, Drake, and Lizette are all vampires and Josie is a human. I preferred Drake & Josie’s story just because Johnny wasn’t really my type. To his credit, what you see is what you get with Johnny. I also appreciated the fact that he was aware of his personality flaws like his irresponsibility and impulsiveness. That he realizes those things about himself and that b ...more
Jennifer Wilson
Jul 05, 2013 Jennifer Wilson rated it it was amazing
Hot and hilarious! This book has it all. It tells the story of two single male vampires at their friend and bandmate's wedding. First there is Johnny Malone, drummer and recently deceased. Faking his death was easier then explaining to a former lover that she couldn't be carrying his child. Now the Vampire Alliance has sent a representative to collect his assets. The rep is a French woman, Lizette. Johnny immediately shakes her loose and goes to the wedding of fellow bandmate, Saxon. Only Lizett ...more
Krista Jenks
Jul 03, 2013 Krista Jenks rated it it was amazing
Fangs for nothing was a fun read. I have always enjoyed reading books written by erin mccarthy. This is the follow up story from the Fangover. This story follows two of the band members Drake and Johnny. I really enjoyed the the characters in this book they were a hoot.
Drake and Josie were like the girl who wants to say no but the cute guy just wont give up. I loved in this book that Drake and Josie are are at first forced to work together which in the long run helps there relationship grow.

Jo
Kim Turner
Jul 02, 2013 Kim Turner rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. If you read Fangover then you will definately Love Fangs for Nothing which is book 2 in this series...

Johnny Malone and Drake Hanover are vampires from the band the Impalers. So when their bandmate,Saxon, gets married to a Domme and like any good friend they are all their to wish them well. Unfortunately everything gets sorta blurry. Like any good wedding right? This book was extremely entertaining and had me wondering how they ended up in the Domme's dungeon... Jo
Hollie
Jun 25, 2013 Hollie rated it it was amazing
This book is so much fun!! I loved it! Johnny Malone and Drake Hanover are vampires from the band the Impalers. So when their bandmate,Saxon, gets married to a Domme, they are there to wish them well. Unfortunately the reception turns into a blur and they wake up in the Domme's dungeon. Johnny is handcuffed to the official from the agency who is trying to officiate his death. The death he actually faked. Her name is Lizette and she has turned him on since he first laid eyes on her. Drake awakens ...more
Rebecca
Aug 02, 2013 Rebecca rated it liked it
I won a copy of this book on the Fiction Vixen blog. I like Erin McCarthy's books but hadn't read anything by Kathy Love before. This is the second book in a series, but even though I hadn't read the first book, I was easily able to keep up.

What you see is what you get with this book. It makes no pretense about being cheesy PNR (hence the title), and it is full of cheesy goodness! It was a fun, quick read, but ultimately a bit forgettable. I would not have bought this book at the Trade Paperback
Alexis
Jul 07, 2013 Alexis rated it really liked it
This one was new for me...I have never read anything by Kathy Love before and its been a long time since I have read any of Erin's paranormal books...but all I can say is 2 things....1 I don't remember them being this sexy and 2 OMG this book was amazing and kept me interested the whole time. I will say this though I do wish I had read the first book but even if you haven't it's not a problem! This book was great!
Melissa Spears
Jul 05, 2013 Melissa Spears rated it it was amazing
Erin McCarthy does it again! This a a FUN book with no hard thinking required! Josie, Drake, Lizette & Johnny are wonderfully fun to follow on their adventures with a weddings, the Vampire Alliance, New Orleans, Drag Queens & Sex Swings! You just never know what is coming next! Great for the beach, lake or any trip.
Dawn ♥ romance
Aug 09, 2012 Dawn ♥ romance rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor
An entertaining paranormal story although after the bizarre opening event there was not a lot of action. It was fun following two romances and I liked all the characters but I did get the heroes mixed up sometimes. At their vampire band friends wedding Johnny gets handcuffed to Lizette and caterer Josie ends up wearing Drakes shirt.
Sally
Jul 23, 2013 Sally rated it liked it
Shelves: vamps, read-2013
This book was okay, a bit repetitive of the first book so the reader knows what is coming. It was good to see how the relationships within the Impalers were going but I find' t feel this story grab me and keep my interest like the Fangover did. if there is a third book I'm not sure if I will be wanting to read it. If the storyline is different to the first to books then I may reconsider.
Nora
Oct 24, 2013 Nora rated it it was ok
Well, it has a hot guy looking confuzzled on the cover & that's always a good start. If you are interested in a humorous story about vampires, vampire groupies, dominatrices, thieves, raunchy sex, and a gang of transgender Chers--then this is the book for you!
Cardyn Brooks
DNF
Read to page 70 before calling it quits, which surprised me because I enjoyed McCarthy's Vegas vampires series and Kathy Love's earlier books until What A Demon Wants. Fangs For Nothing is too lighthearted for me.
Donna
Feb 27, 2013 Donna rated it really liked it
Another fun trip with the Impalers.
Susan
Jun 22, 2013 Susan rated it liked it
Great, light summer read.
Deelylah Mullin
Jun 23, 2013 Deelylah Mullin rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-books-read
4.5 stars. Full review at twimom227.com - coming soon to GR!
Shannon Telles lisowski
Quirky but not as enjoyable as the first in the series. Fast easy read however.
Tammy Yenalavitch
Jul 10, 2013 Tammy Yenalavitch rated it it was amazing
The Fangover 2 = Hot and funny with great characters and a fun plot. Perfect summer read.
Debbie Gallagher
Jul 08, 2013 Debbie Gallagher rated it it was amazing
What a great book! I found myself laughing out loud at every corner. You fall in love with Johnny and Drake in this book and cheer them on as they go after thier lady loves! Pick this one up ASAP!
gremlin
Oct 30, 2013 gremlin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
For me, the first one was light, silly in a good way, and fun, but this one was just meh.
Beth
Beth rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2013
Pamela
Pamela rated it really liked it
Oct 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Bittersweet Magic (The Order, #2)
  • His Ruthless Bite (Scandals With Bite, #4)
  • Don't Blackmail the Vampire (Sons of Kane, #2)
  • Ante Up (Sin City Collectors, #3)
  • Trancehack (Magic Born, #1)
  • Blood Chimera (Blood Chimera, #1)
  • The Deepest Well (Age of Gray, #1)
  • Death Takes a Holiday (F.R.E.A.K.S. Squad Investigation, #3)
  • Twilight Hunter (Execution Underground, #1)
  • Immortally Embraced (Monster M*A*S*H, #2)
  • Tangled Hearts (Highland Hearts, #2)
  • Grim Tidings (Hellhound Chronicles, #2)
  • Grave Matters (Night Owls, #2)
  • Deja Who (Insighter #1)
  • Sex and the Single Vamp
  • Tainted Blood (Generation V, #3)
  • Wicked Memories (Castle of Dark Dreams, #7)
  • Vampire's Hunger (Awakening, #1)
USA Today and New York Times Bestselling author Erin McCarthy sold her first book in 2002 and has since written almost fifty novels and novellas in teen fiction, new adult, and adult romance. Erin has a special weakness for New Orleans, tattoos, high-heeled boots, beaches and martinis. She lives in Ohio with her family, two grumpy cats and a socially awkward dog.
More about Erin McCarthy...

The Fangover (2 books)
  • The Fangover (The Fangover, #1)