Start by marking “Archangel's Legion (Guild Hunter, #6)” as Want to Read:
Archangel's Legion (Guild Hunter, #6)

Archangel's Legion

(Guild Hunter #6)

4.44  ·  Rating details ·  19,316 ratings  ·  1,237 reviews
Nalini Singh, the New York Times bestselling “alpha author of paranormal romance” (Booklist) returns to an immortal world of violent passion and lethal power…on the brink of a deadly archangelic war.

Angels are falling from the sky in New York, struck down by a vicious, unknown force.

Vampires are dying impossibly of disease.

Guild hunter Elena Deveraux and the Archangel Raph
Mass Market Paperback, 374 pages
Published October 29th 2013 by Jove

To ask other readers questions about Archangel's Legion, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Christi
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Christi Agreed, all previous books should be read. You could possibly read it as a stand-alone, but it will be incredibly confusing and you'll not understand…moreAgreed, all previous books should be read. You could possibly read it as a stand-alone, but it will be incredibly confusing and you'll not understand a lot, and you'll miss a lot too. It's a good series, and definately wasn't a hardship for me to read the first 5 lol. If you like the author or pnr, you'll enjoy this series. Its a very new and interesting take on angels and vampires, and set in a kind of parallel universe, since things (minus the angels and vampires lol) are the same as they are in our world. (less)

·  19,316 ratings  ·  1,237 reviews

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
My Thoughts:

✜ It's always all about Raphael....

description

...for me and well, it's good that I really like Elena too.

✜ What I didn't expect was all the fighting. I had thought they would be past that although the makeup and angry sex was worth it!

description

✜ Sooo much went on that there's no way I can address everything and everyone, so I'll just highlight the main things.

✜ Raphael is a-changing and things are a-happening...are they related?

✜ Caliane is a bit better but the jury is still out on her.

✜ Some majo
Kristen
4 to 4 AMAZING Stars

Well…I'm all caught up. DANG!!! This book is my favorite of the series thus far. It's absolutely fantastic! I would have given it 5 stars but there was a bit too much action fighting toward the end for my taste. I understand this is Urban Fantasy and that's to be expected, but, for me, it was just too much. I ended up skimming a few chapters because of it. Still, I highly recommend this series. I've had a blast reading it (I actually listened to it).

After reading both this
Maya
Another great story from this awesome author. I think this is the story and action that we've all been waiting for since the first book. Finally we get the fight between Raphael and the archangel of death. I simply loved it. The build up to this point is long but that's how it should be. It made the whole journey that more exciting and at the same time mysterious. And the battle itself was perfectly executed. There were some new answers, new powers and new clues about the future. I really enjoye ...more
Jilly
Jan 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh, Nalini Singh!! Girl's got some serious skills in making me feel the beautiful relationship between the two main characters in this series. I actually find myself smiling when I am reading, and feeling all swoony over the beautiful words.

Never had she expected to find him, to fall so deeply, wildly, insanely in love - and sometimes, her soul-deep joy in their passionate entanglement terrified her...

...her archangel who'd never wanted her to be anything but what she was....

"You make m
Seena Seena
Sep 07, 2012 marked it as to-read
Photobucket

I HAVE TO WAIT A WHOLE YEAR FOR THE NEXT BOOK?!?!?!

Photobucket

Oh hellllll no! Seriously a whole year??? I know I am repeating myself but I am hyperventilating HERE PEOPLE!!! I don't know how I can wait a whole year. I will go crazy over thinking about this.
Esra
Sep 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
wow , what a steamy , action loaded book. I absolutely loved it. we waited whole year to read this , nalini didn't dissapoint us as always. She's the goddess of all writers.

I must say I love all hot scenes between elena and raphael . I was like

lol , yeah thanks nalini ,you've ruined all other men on universe for me :D

Beklediğimize değdi açıkçası. Bayıldım. bir ara dmitri'ye katılıyordum neredeyse , elenanın raphael'i zayıflattığını , yaklaşan savaşta onu geri bıraktığını falan. ama elena rap
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
Angels, Archangels, Power and Love, among a galaxy of Stars

description

A world where angels rule as creatures of extraordinary power, to be admired from afar. Archangels hold the balance of good and evil in their hands and vampires are slaves to their angelic masters.

Where strategy saves your life and dooms thousands in a complex and deadly game of chess.

Where the most powerful Archangel fell in love with a mortal and dying he fed her ambrosia uniting them in life and death.

description

In this world, Cascade, is in fu
Ferdy
Spoilers

Archangel's Legion wasn't quite as engrossing as I thought it'd be. I still enjoyed it but in comparison to earlier Elena/Raphael books it was lacking in originality, excitement, and intriguing characters.

-Certain parts of the plot felt quite recycled such as Elena's Guild Hunter duties and her investigation into what was making all the vampires sick/die - I've read that sort of plot in countless other PNR/UF books so it didn't captivate me much.
I did enjoy all the stuff that was happen
Angela
October 2016 Re-read: Wow. I'd forgotten so much of this book! I was glued to the pages, waiting to see what would happen, struck by the implications of things we learned. I had my heart broken, and bursting with happiness. Just wow.

Original review:
Just when I think Nalini Singh can't possibly outdo herself, she proves me wrong. From the earliest pages in this book, until I turned the very last one, I was on the edge of my seat - unable to think of anything but needing to know what happened next
Robin (Bridge Four)
Oct 31, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: uf-pnr, buddy-read
After a few books with other characters/couples in the series I was a little sad to be back with Elena and Raphael. It isn’t that I don’t like them….I do, they are okay, but I feel like this has been set up in normal PNR fashion to explore multiple relationship beginnings and so I was looking forward to reading someone else’s story.

Here is the problem I have with Raphael and Elena sometimes. One minute they are great and having sex and everything is pretty wonderful and then there is some silly
Choko
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
*** 4.44 ***

A buddy read with the Wednesday group at BB&B! We need to get our hunting on!!!

"...“My mother," he said, "has invited us to a ball."
Elena pulled a blade from one of the butter-soft forearm sheaths that had been a gift from Raphael. "Excuse me while I stab myself in the eyes-and disembowel myself while I'm at it.” ..."

We are back with The Guild hunter Elena Deveraux and the Archangel Raphael and it is one of the reasons I am becoming a bigger fan of Nalini with every passing bo
Jo

26/10/2016 Buddy reading with the wonderful UF fans over at BB&B

“Eternity would mean nothing without you. For no power on this earth would I trade my Elena.”

When angels start falling from the sky and vampires start dying from an unknown disease, Guild Hunter Elena Deveraux and her Archangel consort Raphael needs to find out whether the impending Cascade could be responsible, or if a more sinister enemy is at work.

With the Tower’s defences low and time running out, Elena and Raphael f

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
I swear, nobody does urban fantasy romance better that Nalini Singh. Her world building is out of this world and her characters are awesome. I LOVE Raphael and Elena and I love this series - and this installment did not disappoint. I will read anything Singh writes and I cannot wait for her next one!
Blacky *Romance Addict*

I love this series! I love this whole universe!

Raphael  photo 836920.gif

There was A LOT of action here, OMG I don't even remember how many battles, it was uber-exciting!!!!

Power is growing among the archangels and everyone is gaining new abilities, though I wish I knew what they were!!!

And the characters <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

I have to admit, as much as I love Raphael and Elena, I wish they wouldn't have their books anymore, I want other characters :(((((

1. Ash and Janvier (thank God they are having the n
Sue "DavinciKittie" Brown-Moore
*** THIS REVIEW IS SPOILER FREE! ***

Guild Hunter novels are always so intense they cause me to lose sleep and stress out about a happy ending. This series, folks, is urban fantasy at its finest. Throughout the story, I couldn't get enough of Elena and Raphael and Illium, but I was also thrilled to get to know a few of the other members of The Seven better. Naasir and Aodhan both have significantly larger parts in this book than in any of the previous ones and their character development is super
Lady Heather
Aug 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Guild Hunter Fans, paranormal romance, angels, vampires

5 Fabulous Shiny Stars!!

Loved this story, and I REALLY like where the author is going with the series.

The writing, story, and characters where BRILLIANT!

I really enjoyed getting to know a little more about Aodhan, Illiam, and Naasir (even though I'm not quite sure what Naasir is).

Once again Raphael and Elana are passionate, charismatic, strong, stubborn, and PERFECT for one another.

Fans of the "Guild Hunter" series will not be disappointed!

Favorite Quotes:

(view spoiler)
Melanie A.
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, library
5 STARS!
"You are my heart."
Yeah, I admit it . . . Nalini Singh has my number.

She writes the perfect balance of romance, smut, and action, and then ties it all together with an incredibly interesting cast of characters.

This installment goes back to the core of the overarching story of Raphael and Elena.
"Your love is a fierce thing, Elena, a thing with claws and teeth when it comes to protecting those you claim."
It was so great to hang out with them again, especially because their re
Paula
Aug 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Archangel’s Legion starts out as a typical day in New York City until chaos begins when Angels start falling from the sky. Then Vampires start dying from a disease they should be immune to. Guild Hunter Elena Deveraux and the Archangel Raphael know they must get to the bottom of this as fast as possible to save their city--all while appearing like their forces haven’t been weakened. Many of the Angels were severely damaged and it could take months for them to heal. Guild Hunters and Raphael’s Se
Lana *Lifeinwordsandlyricscom*
"This is my city, you bastards."

Now to everyone who helped defend it. With a special thanks to the Seven, of course!

The most EPIC book so far in the series!

That was awesome! That was more than awesome, that was freaking amazeballs! Can you get high from reading a book? Well, that's how I feel. Nothing can bring me down right now.

I can't in any way give this book justice, and retelling you everything that happened in it would be frowned upon by the book gods, and I'm too hyped anyway, so I'll j
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
Well Damn! When you think that Nalini Singh couldn't possibly have done it again she goes all the way to prove you wrong. I mean...WOW!!!(Eloquent I know.)

I have just one question for my very best author.

What can I say about this book without spoiling it? When Aly told me that this one was as good as Angels' Blood I wasn't so optimistic but this one was quite possibly better. I think this is officially my new favorite in the series and that says a lot since I absolutely LOVE the first one.

In thi
Thea Aganon
OH.... MY....GOOOOOOOSH!!!!!!!!

the cover...... ITS SUUPER AWESOME!!! A-M-A-Z-I-N-G

what I feel right now...

OH YES OH YES OH VERY SHIT YES!!!

and what Im looking forward to...
(RaphaelxElena)>>>but actually sometimes...>>>> RAPHAEL RAPHAEL RAPHAEL RAPHAEL... >>>> and always....>>>> WANNA HAVE THEM TO HAVE A BABY BABY BABY BABY!!!!!!

AHHHH!! I CANT HOLD MY FANGIRLISHNESS!! X)))

I am now dancing with happiness and giddyness

description

but the date.... OH THE D-A-T-E.....
Mariana
Jan 30, 2013 marked it as to-read
And there's a title!!!

ARCHANGEL'S LEGION... Sounds good to me ;)

photo wantit.gif

My prediction:

There will be a war between two Archangels, and Raphael's legion of loyal vampires and angels will fight the enemy - maybe Lijuan or a new and exciting threat.

Attention:

This was merely a prediction of a crazy GH fan who can't wait to read more about one of her favourite couples (Raphael and Elena, of course). So please mind the possible mistakes and don't see this as a true report of the book's content. Thank you :)
Aure   `Reading With The Dark`
Amazing! Absolutely blew my mind!

Every time I read one of her books, I'm constantly struck by Nalini's Singh capability in totally capturing your attention with the story that she weaves! I love it, absolutely adore her writing.
The world she'd built in Guild Hunter series is unforgettable.
She's one of the authors I follow, hopping she'll release new books.

This book was.. huh.. I'm actually a little bit speechless after everything that I just read. Raw emotions still fights within me. Goddammit
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
Lots of action, adventure, and warfare. Raphael is developing a sense of humor. Elena is as bloodthirsty as always. I liked how their relationship is progressing, how they're there for each other no matter what. New characters. Still have the lovely Bluebell. All good and bloody. Yay.
Eon ♒Windrunner♒
4.5 Stars

Now this is how every book in this series should be.

Angels are affected by some unknown force and start falling form the skies, and soon after, vampires, heretofore immune to the ravages of disease are succumbing to a mysterious but rapid-killing illness. Is the Cascade or the first shot from one of their enemies? Raphael & Elena have their hands full with solving these mysteries and stopping the disease from becoming a full blown pandemic. And then Lijuan, the archangel of death
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

4.5 stars, Top Pick!

Queen of Paranormal Romance, Nalini Singh returns to the Guild Hunter series with Elena and Raphael. The sole reason why I fell in love with this series in the first place was because of this couple. I loved Raphael as a hero because he was this god-like creature whose power is unparalleled in the world he has created. But in the first book, we saw him succumb to a more human emotion that makes him more endearing and real: love.

Raphael undergoes a few changes in this latest
Sharon
Brilliant, absolutely brilliant

Great plot developments. Also, I like that despite the fact that Elena and Raphael are solid, we still see subtle changes and developments to their relationship. This is such a well-written, deep, and thoughtful relationship that I would have never thought would turn out this way from just the first book.

I am not a fan of reading action scenes, especially long ones, but there is no doubt that Singh is wonderfully creative and intelligent in the way she writes her
Kelsea  David
Aug 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favs
Yessss. I love Elena and Raphael so so much, and while I really like all the other characters and want to hear their stories, I want to read more about Elena and Raphael. They are so perfect together :)
Ami
After taking a slight 'detour' with Dmitri and Jason for the last two books, The Guild Hunter series return to Elena and her Archangel, Raphael, and the city of New York -- as Lijuan gathers her army of dead, ready to declare war to the only archangel that seems to be able to put dent on her power (and journey) of being true Goddess.

... and how I love every pages of it.

Guild Hunter series has darker tone and much grittier mood compared to Nalini's other series, Psy/Changeling. Here, the corrupt

• Reaver  (Lords of Deliverance, #5; Demonica, #10)
  • Guardian Demon (The Guardians, #8)
  • Hunted (Vampires in America, #6.5)
  • Lord's Fall (Elder Races, #5)
  • Magic Rises (Kate Daniels, #6)
  • Twice Tempted (Night Prince, #2)
  • Beauty Awakened (Angels of the Dark, #2, Lords of the Underworld #9.5)
  • Binding the Shadows (Arcadia Bell, #3)
  • Grave Secret (Secret McQueen, #5)
  • Wicked as She Wants (Blud, #2)
  • Wild Things (Chicagoland Vampires, #9)
I've been writing as long as I can remember and all of my stories always held a thread of romance (even when I was writing about a prince who could shoot lasers out of his eyes). I love creating unique characters, love giving them happy endings and I even love the voices in my head. There's no other job I would rather be doing. In September 2002, when I got the call that Silhouette Desire wanted t ...more

Guild Hunter (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1)
  • Archangel's Kiss (Guild Hunter, #2)
  • Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter, #3)
  • Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter, #4)
  • Archangel's Storm (Guild Hunter, #5)
  • Archangel's Shadows (Guild Hunter, #7)
  • Archangel's Enigma (Guild Hunter, #8)
  • Archangel's Heart (Guild Hunter, #9)
  • Archangel's Viper (Guild Hunter, #10)
  • Archangel's Prophecy (Guild Hunter, #11)
“I'm the hunter," Elena reminded him. "I should go first."
"Of course you may go first. When I am dead.”
125 likes
Raphael, in case you're getting ideas - I won't be this civilized if you decide you need a concubine. In fact, it's a good bet I'll turn homicidal.
He didn't look up from his conversation with Astaad as he said, A pity, in that cool "Archangel" tone of his. I will now have to ask the pilot to empty the hold of my chosen females.
We're going to have to talk about this new sense of humor of yours.
81 likes