Start by marking “Sweet Tea Revenge (A Tea Shop Mystery, #14)” as Want to Read:
Sweet Tea Revenge (A Tea Shop Mystery, #14)

Sweet Tea Revenge (A Tea Shop Mystery #14)

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  2,117 Ratings  ·  310 Reviews
In the latest novel from the New York Times bestselling author of The Agony of the Leaves, Indigo Tea Shop owner Theodosia Browning may always be a bridesmaid, never a bride, but this groom is never going to make it to the altar…

Theodosia Browning’s dear friend, Delaine Dish, has asked her to be a bridesmaid for her wedding. But when the big day arrives, everything seems t
Published March 5th 2013 by Berkley (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Tea Revenge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Tea Revenge

Gina
Apr 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
Sweet Tea Revenge by Laura Childs.
I was surprised and very disappointed in this book. In fact, so horrified by the main character and waaaaay too long descriptive cliched sentences that I have decided to go back and re-read an early book in this series to see if things have always been this way. I don't remember Theodosia Browning, the main character, as being so flighty and panic-y and illogical in earlier books. Theo seemed sharp and snippy a lot of times. Perhaps it has just been such a long
Mason
Mar 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Opening the pages of a Laura Childs’ Tea Shop Mystery series feels like actually walking into the Indigo Tea Shop and experiencing the sights, sounds and mouth-watering aromas found within.

Sweet Tea Revenge, the latest installment in the series, begins with a wedding that was never meant to be - and someone makes sure of that.

Theodosia Browning is serving as maid-of-honor for her friend, Delaine Dish, who is marrying Theo’s neighbor, Charleston attorney Dougan Granville. Despite terrible weather
Sharon
Mar 08, 2013 rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars. While this was better than the last two Tea Shop mysteries, I won't be continuing on with the series. Because of the vivid descriptions in these books I went on vacation to Charleston, S.C. This book did not evoke nostalgia for that wonderful city. The mystery itself was fairly straightforward. Delaine's husband to be is found dead on their wedding day just before the service. The secondary plot involved a team of ghost hunters. As soon as one character was introduced, I pegged them f ...more
Carole Crawford
Jul 06, 2013 rated it did not like it
Very sadly, this series is on the usual downhill slide which occurs with almost all series authors nowadays. It started out fresh and interesting, but with the author adding more and more series to her work load, certainly this one has become a victim. The recipes are overall good, however, a redeeming quality. But, like many other modern series, I prefer to go to the library at some point (usually after about the fifth edition) and just copy recipes on their machine and return the books to the ...more
Monica
Oct 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
I am starting to lose my enthusiasm for these books. I enjoy the teashop and the main characters, and the tea and the food and the recipes! But this one barely held my attention. The murderer was hardly mentioned and seemed to make a surprise appearance at the end; Theodosia is becoming a bit too pompous about her detective skills (still snagging evidence, yet Tidwell doesn't seem to care anymore she is messing with crime scenes); and I think she is yet again about to dump a boyfriend and start ...more
Melissa Gans
Jun 14, 2013 rated it did not like it
I found the story boring and I didn't care about the characters. No one bothered to proofread or edit the copy, so I guess the author and publisher also don't care.
Kathy
Mar 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Theodosia Browning is once again serving up tea and tasty treat along with a side of mystery. When her neighbor and fiance of her good friend is murder on the wedding day, Theodosia is brought onto the case by Delaine Dish, the grieving almost widow. With possible inheritance, smuggled Cuban cigars, jealous ex-girlfriends, smarmy business partners, angry inn keepers, cocaine, and prodigal step-sons being just a few of the issues involved, Theo definitely has her work cut out for her in uncoverin ...more
Fred
Jan 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Sweet Tea Revenge is the 14th book in the A Tea Shop Mystery series. It's always a treat for me to enter the cozy confines of the Indigo Tea Shop. Child's writing puts me right inside the store and I can literally see Theodosia, Haley, and Drayton scurrying around helping the customers of shop.

Delaine Dish has asked Theodosia to be a bridesmaid at her wedding. the wedding day has arrived and as time is approaching for the ceremony, Theodosia goes to Dougan Granville, the groom, and finds him dea
Jenny (Reading Envy)
I've always said you should read mysteries that are set in a place you love, and I have been reading these Charleston-based Tea Shop mysteries since I moved to South Carolina. Compared to what I'm reading most of the time, they are a bit lighter, but I love sticking my nose into their world. It is very southern, very Charleston, and the details of the place surround me like a comfortable sweater. I try to go to Charleston at least once a year, but it's never enough.

In Sweet Tea Revenge, a groom
Sheryl
Feb 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoy this series. I love tea so I always take away a bit of knowledge. The characters are always great, old stuffy Drayton even seems a to have bit of a good time in this installment. I started at the beginning of this series when it first came out and I loved watching the characters mature and Ms.Childs has done a great job rounding them out, I wish we had Indigo Tea Shop around here.
Andrea
Dec 21, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 is a better reflection.

I loved the suspects and the victim had a lot of people against him. It makes for a good mystery. We have a catering job to let us hear more about the food and tea. I love to hear about what they make!

I knew who it was and why about 60% of the waybthrough, but I finished it to see how all the other things worked out, but we don't get a wrap up of all the things. I hope the next one has those answers.

I love Theodosia and her tea shop, but this was not my favorite visi
Peggy Zeigler
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
this was pretty good, I didn't know who did it till near the end and had some idea. I'm a tea drinker and it was interesting reading about the different teas and desserts. the story moves along and I think I have read some others of this series and may look for the others in the future.
Annie
Nov 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, cozies
Sweet Tea Revenge, Laura Childs

The moment had finally arrived. My Gunpowder Green tea was brewed, blanket heated and ready, pillow fluffed, and a fresh new copy of Laura Child’s Sweet Tea Revenge beckoning from my night table. With a huge grin, I opened the book to the first pages and immediately tumbled into the story. Laura Childs has a way of making that happen.

Sweet Tea Revenge is Laura Child’s latest episode in her Tea Shop Mysteries set in Charleston, South Carolina. As thunder rolls and
Nancy Narma
Mar 26, 2013 rated it really liked it

“A Steaming Cup of Murder and Mystery”

Theodosia Browning has a “Full plate”. Not only as the owner/operator of the bustling “Indigo Tea Shoppe”, but she has agreed to be the Maid of Honor in her flighty friend, Delaine Dish’s whirlwind wedding. The wedding day turns out to be a stormy one in Charleston, which makes the venue, the “Ravencrest Inn” even creepier and more foreboding. The guests are seated, Delaine’s perpetually late sister/bridesmaid, Nadine finally saunters in, while Theo, attendi
Judie
May 06, 2014 rated it liked it
I’ve read several of Laura Child’s books, including the Tea Shop Series, and was very disappointed in SWEET TEA REVENGE.

The day of Theodosia’s friend Delaine’s wedding (they’ve been engaged for four weeks), the groom is late. Theodosia finds him in his room at the Inn, cold and pulseless, white powder on a table next to him. Further investigation reveals that he has also been hit on the head turning his death into a homicide. Since his death had been recent, how cold could his body have been?

As
Penny McGill
Feb 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cozy
Passed a few delightful hours with Laura Childs' latest installment in the world of Theodosia. Isn't it crazy that just seeing the cover of this book and thinking the names of the supporting cast in this series can make me feel cheerful. Surely that is an unreasonable expectation to put on an unsuspecting cozy murder mystery? Not at all. The book did the trick as all of Laura Childs' books do because they manage to straddle the divide between frothy and serious with such success.

I'll be a little
Lianne
Jun 02, 2013 rated it it was ok
Someone suggested I try this series. I had recently visited Charleston and loved it and I love tea so I thought, why not? Well, it's not my cup of tea. I couldn't connect with the main character and I was not impressed with her role in solving "the mystery" and exposing the killer. As I read the other reviews for this book, I see that others who enjoy the series weren't thrilled with this particular one either but I still doubt that I'll try another.
Marge
Jun 06, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The characters need to grow in this series, usually by now a relationship has been established with the main character and partner. Not so here, Theo gets a new boyfriend every few books. Theodosia was better in this book, she actually worked in the tea shop and treated her employees better than the last book. It may be time to wrap this series and start something fresh.
Anne - Books of My Heart
Mar 30, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013
I finished the book. I think I'm finished with this series. I love tea and food but these characters just don't interest me enough or at all. I like Charleston and history. I don't know. I just didn't care, really I could only get myself to skim this book.
Ann Marie
Mar 12, 2013 rated it liked it
This was another enjoyable murder mystery. I feel so funny every time I put those words together. I actually knew right away who did it - I have recognized her patters but still enjoyed the story as it unfolded and I might have been wrong.
Andrea
Dec 17, 2016 rated it it was ok
My first Tea Shop mystery and my last.

Theo is the owner of the tea shop and main character. She is called to help solve a murder. Her friends intended is killed on the day of their wedding.

The novel rambles on about tea and menus and never develops a convincing story.
Joan
Jan 03, 2013 rated it liked it
I still would like to visit the Indigo Tea Shop, which exists only in the pages of this series but the stories need something new. In fourteen books people die and the heroine solves the mystery. Yet she is not a detective or a PI. The fantasy is wearing thin.
Heather
Jul 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
I didn't figure out the murderer until Theodosia did. Usually I guess earlier on because I have read all the books in the series and can usually guess where the author is going with it. This book series is filled with fun reads that are perfect for summer.
Jc
Sep 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tea

Love reading this series as much for the tea and recipes as for the characters. Could not put it down
Eileen Kanter-pena
May 13, 2013 rated it liked it
She has taken the series to far. Wanted to see her and her boyfriend together more. It was like it was rushed through.i agree with some of readers. Very wordy.
Elizabeth
Dec 27, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: mysteries
I do love these books- they epitomize "cozy". I do wish they wouldn't end quite so suddenly though.
Mary
Jun 23, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Too simplistic. I would be a good read for teenage grand daughters.
Chelle
May 29, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Didn't like the book and gave up about 1/3 of the way through it... Not for me...
Mary
Mar 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
I may be coming to the end with reading this series. Theodosia is starting to be a bit tiring.
Ruth
Oct 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I just enjoy my time at Theodosia's Indigo Tea Shop in Charleston. Love the descriptions of places in the area that I have visited and shops that she has invented as a part of her story. It tingles the senses to read of the menu for lunch, the sweets, and the exotic teas that are being brewed. Yum.

Theodosia is ready in her maid-of-honor dress and checking with Drayton to see if things are okay with the guests waiting downstairs for the wedding to begin. Her friend, Delaine seems to have some jit
  • Widow's Tears (China Bayles, #21)
  • Dead, White, and Blue (Death on Demand, #23)
  • Every Trick in the Book (Novel Idea, #2)
  • Close Knit Killer (A Knitting Mystery, #11)
  • The Cat, the Mill and the Murder (A Cats in Trouble Mystery, #5)
  • Bless Her Dead Little Heart (Southern Ladies Mystery, #1)
  • A Brew to a Kill (Coffeehouse Mystery, #11)
  • Murder of a Stacked Librarian (A Scumble River Mystery, #16)
  • The Diva Frosts a Cupcake (A Domestic Diva Mystery, #7)
  • Aunt Dimity and the Lost Prince (Aunt Dimity Mystery, #18)
  • Oak and Dagger (A White House Gardener Mystery, #3)
  • The Chocolate Book Bandit (A Chocoholic Mystery, #13)
  • The Christie Curse (Book Collector Mystery #1)
  • Remnants of Murder (A Southern Sewing Circle, #8)
  • Mulled Murder (Pennyfoot Hotel #21)
  • A Novel Way to Die (Black Cat Bookshop Mystery, #2)
  • Poisoned Prose (A Books by the Bay Mystery, #5)
  • Not the Killing Type (Booktown Mystery, #7)
Laura Childs is a pseudonym for Gerry Schmitt and she is the best-selling author of the Tea Shop Mysteries, the Scrapbook Mysteries, and the Cackleberry Club Mysteries.

Laura Childs is the New York Times bestselling author of the Tea Shop Mysteries, Scrapbook Mysteries, and Cackleberry Club Mysteries. In her previous life she was CEO/Creative Director of her own marketing firm and authored several

A Tea Shop Mystery (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Death by Darjeeling (A Tea Shop Mystery, #1)
  • Gunpowder Green (A Tea Shop Mystery, #2)
  • Shades of Earl Grey (A Tea Shop Mystery, #3)
  • The English Breakfast Murder (A Tea Shop Mystery, #4)
  • The Jasmine Moon Murder (A Tea Shop Mystery, #5)
  • Chamomile Mourning (A Tea Shop Mystery, #6)
  • Blood Orange Brewing (A Tea Shop Mystery, #7)
  • Dragonwell Dead (A Tea Shop Mystery, #8)
  • The Silver Needle Murder (A Tea Shop Mystery, #9)
  • Oolong Dead (A Tea Shop Mystery, #10)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Wrong Man
    $9.49 $1.99
  • What You Don't Know
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The River Is Dark (Liam Dempsey, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • When They Come for You (Harper McDaniel #1)
  • Murder at Bray Manor : a cozy historical mystery
  • Name of the Devil: A Jessica Blackwood Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Working Fire
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Night Crew (Sean Drummond, #7)
  • The Music of the Deep
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Adventuress (Lady Emily, #10)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Summer Children (The Collector, #3)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • The Good Twin
    $5.99 $2.99
  • An Innocent Client (Joe Dillard, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Speed of Sound (Speed of Sound Thrillers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Bones (Shetland Island, #3)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Bourne Initiative (Jason Bourne, #14)
  • The Good Neighbor
  • Under an English Heaven: An Ellie Kent Mystery
  • Pretty Girls Dancing
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Swansong (DI Nick Dixon #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Have His Carcase (Lord Peter Wimsey #8)
  • My Brother Michael
  • Casino: Love and Honor in Las Vegas
    $19.99 $2.99
  • Mr. Timothy
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
  • What Lies Below
  • Silent Child
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The World of Lore: Monstrous Creatures
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Pleasantville
    $12.49 $1.99
  • The Walkers of Dembley (Agatha Raisin, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Killing Orders
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sound of Rain
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden Killers (Tennison, #2)
  • What If
  • Come Closer
  • My Best Friend's Exorcism
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Cold Granite (Logan McRae, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Private Lies (Jane Avery #1)
  • Liars, Inc.
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Death Wears a Mask (Amory Ames Mystery, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Sacred Clowns (Navajo Mysteries, #11)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Less Than A Treason (Kate Shugak, #21)
    $9.99 $4.49
  • The Air Raid Killer (Max Heller, Dresden Detective, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • New York Dead (Stone Barrington #1)
  • Heart-Shaped Box
    $11.99 $2.99
  • 15 Seconds
  • You'll Never Know, Dear
  • The Cruelty
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Paragon Walk (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #3)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • CyberStorm
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Fifth To Die (4MK Thriller, #2)
  • The Secret Mother
    $2.99 $1.49
“White teas required only one to two minutes, and black teas between two and three minutes, while herbal teas could steep for three to six minutes.” 1 likes