Start by marking “Just Breathe” as Want to Read:
Just Breathe

Just Breathe

4.64  ·  Rating details ·  22 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
After losing her husband, her job, and her sanity, single mom Lola Sommers needs a plan. It’s time to get back on track, and the tiny all-American town of Hope River seems like the perfect place to do it. But when Lola decides that fixing up her aunt’s dilapidated house sounds more inviting than fixing up her life, she faces a new complication - the bossy and delicious Mat ...more
Published 2012 by Balboa Press

To ask other readers questions about Just Breathe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Breathe

Betty Davidson
Jan 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I read this book as I discovered Bonnie James is a local author to my home state Minnesota. I don't usually read romances but she has inspired me to read more romance novels. I loved the characters and the setting of the story - very down to earth and good people with a sense of humor and good qualities. I'm looking forward to more books from her. This is her first novel.
Simone
Sep 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The characters are real and likeable, and I rooted for Matt and Lola all the way. Being from the midwest, I loved being able to picture the locations and character(s) of a small town. I appreciate reading a romance novel that isn't cheesey, but instead fills you with sweet hope that sometimes the right people do get together.
Pamela
Sep 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, kindle
A well told story delivered with respect and sensitivity, which also includes well-developed and likeable characters. It’s a story of grief when you lose a loved one, and how hard it is to move on to find happiness once again for not only yourself, but also your child. Bonnie James weaves a beautiful tale of finding happiness when following yours dreams and opening your broken heart once again with the hope of falling in love.

As much as I enjoyed the novel, I found the ending to be quite abrupt
Catherine
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"Just Breathe" took my breath away, but thankfully also gave it back. I could relate to the main character, Lola, who has to learn to let go a little with her son because this world has dangers and heartbreak. It was such a pleasure to discover Bonnie J. James's talent with writing about small town community and friendships, but with a sophistication and worldliness that aren't often given to such places in literature. The hope and romance pulled me into this novel. The laughs from Lola's exploi ...more
Jodi Bowersox
Jan 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Bonnie J. James' small town romance does what good books should do--makes you want to keep reading. She deals with the subject of loss and moving on with life with depth, and doesn't try to rush her characters through it.

If I have any complaint, it's that her small town seems almost too good to be true, but perhaps Bonnie's experience with small towns has been different than mine.

Realistic dialogue, character depth, humor, and just plain delicious romance makes this a 5 star read.
Kristen
Aug 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
i don't normally read romance novels, so i wasn't sure what to expect. what i got was a sweet, real, relatable story with characters that i fell in love with. lola is strong-willed, likeable and maddeningly stubborn, and matt is patient, kind and well, pretty much perfect! great writing. can't wait to read the next one!
Heather Anderson
Sep 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book! The development of Lola's character and relationship with Hope River was fascinating to read. Putting the book down after the initial 40 pages was an impossible challenge! The author has a similar style to Nicholas Sparks and other romantic/dramatic novels. I highly recommend Just Breathe.
Joseph Geiser
Oct 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Heidi received this book as a gift at Roberta’s bridal shower. The author is a friend of one of her high school friends who gave them out. I read it because of that tenuous connection even though the genre is not my usual. It’s a good simple story about ordinary things. The writing is a little weak but good enough that I finished the book.
Kari
Nov 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing

I loved it- heart-warming and cozy!
It would be perfect to read in the summer curled up in the Sun. I also adored the descriptions of her son. It reminds me of conversations I've had with mom friends about their boys- especially "Sam's warm dirty scent reminded Lola of a wet puppy".
Dagmar Mueller
Sep 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Awesome read!!! I love her story telling! Got to know Bonnie as co-worker and I love her novel. So all my SMU Peeps this is a must read! :-)
Sara
Nov 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Looking forward to reading Bonnie's next book!
Michele
Jan 03, 2014
Julie
Dec 04, 2013
Bonnie James
Aug 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: romance
Rose Cimarron
Shelly
Heather
What's your favorite small town romance novel? 1 2 Nov 25, 2012 04:35PM
Bonnie J. James is the author of the romance novel JUST BREATHE.

More about Bonnie J. James...