Start by marking “Never Seduce a Scot (The Montgomerys and Armstrongs, #1)” as Want to Read:
Never Seduce a Scot (The Montgomerys and Armstrongs, #1)

Never Seduce a Scot

(The Montgomerys and Armstrongs #1)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  21,372 ratings  ·  1,795 reviews
Eveline Armstrong is fiercely loved and protected by her powerful clan, but outsiders consider her “touched.” Beautiful, fey, with a level, intent gaze, she doesn’t speak. No one, not even her family, knows that she cannot hear. Content with her life of seclusion, Eveline has taught herself to read lips and allows the outside world to view her as daft. But when an arranged ...more
Published September 25th 2012 by Ballantine Books

·  21,372 ratings  ·  1,795 reviews

Navessa
So. Goddamn. Cheesy.

I was tempted to leave the rating for this blank, because uuuuuuuugh. It's me, isn't it? I mean, come on, what's not to love here? Deaf heroine, non-rapey male lead, well-researched historical setting.

PLUS, MEN IN KILTS.

Dat cheese tho...

And to be honest, I wasn't a fan of how females were portrayed, especially in the first 50%. This is a tale of star-crossed lovers, where the king orders a marriage between two rival clans. The female lead is forced to leave her home and fami
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Never Seduce a Scot is the first book in Maya Banks’ The Montgomerys and the Armstrongs series, and fun, sexy, entertaining tale! From beginning to end, these feuding clans made this a story filled with twists and turns, situations that were both heartbreaking and inspiring, and kept me turning page after page to see what was going to happen next.
Blurb: Eveline Armstrong is fiercely loved and protected by her powerful clan, but outsiders consider her “touched.” Beautiful, fey, with a level, int
Dd
Oct 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
ATTENTION: This is from one HOPELESSLY ROMANTIC FOOL to other similar HOPELESSLY ROMANTIC FOOLS--

To
HOPELESSLY ROMANTIC FOOLS,

Do you want a story which has got-

a.Romance
b.Romance
c.Romance

Well then CONGRATULATIONS!!.You have chosen the right book.

The two most powerful clans in highlands,under King Alexander II are the Montgomerys and the Armstrongs.But unfortunately,they are sworn enemies of each other.Nothing exists between them except hatred.

Seeing no other way to stop the war between them,the K
Anne

Awwwww. This was just so friggin' sweet!

description

It wasn't perfect, it's not going down as one of my favorites, and I didn't fall in love with the characters.
But.
I have ZERO complaints. None. The guy wasn't a douchebag who did creepy sex-things to claim her, the girl wasn't pathetic or helpless, and her family wasn't a bunch of asshole who abused her.
So. Fucking. Nice.

description

Ok so the king sends out messengers, and tells these two badass warring clans that it's time to knock it off. And to ensure that
Stacey is Sassy
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: highlander
They thought her daft but she outsmarted them all...

This was a re-read of a favourite historical highland romance. Never Seduce a Scot tells a tale of surprising love between a couple whose families are sworn enemies. The King had demanded that a truce be struck between the feuding clans and stipulated that the Montgomery Laird marry the Armstrong Laird's daughter. Wonderful idea from a king wanting peace but with a bride thought to be daft, there is no happiness to be found for either family.

• Lisa •
Apr 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to • Lisa • by: Anna
4.5 AYE LASS STARS.

description

At the persistence of my gorgeous friend (The beautiful inside and out Anna Champion) and the encouragement of fabulous five star reviews I finally found myself one clicking this popular historical romance and promptly falling happily head over heels. Readers If you want to be swept off your feet then I would suggest that you indulge yourself in a book from this romance genre and specifically if like me you are late to the party and haven't already one clicked this diamond pre
Stacia (the 2010 club)
3.5 stars. I'm confused. I'm thoroughly confused. Is this the same author who wrote about a weak-willed woman being repeatedly *cough* utilized by 3 men at the same time in every single possible place there is to utilize a woman? I never would have known that this book came from the same person who wrote the other book if I'd gone into this read blindly. The writing style was completely different.

Okay, I'm not going to lie. Colters' Woman was not the absolute worst book I've ever read, for what
Nenia ☠️ Khaleesi of Bodice Rippers, Protector of Out of Print Gems, Mother of Smut, and Actual Garbage Can ☠️ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

DNF @ 28%

*throws book across the room*

I gave this author several chances with two of her BDSM series, but both of those were about gross cavemen using BDSM to facilitate their misogynistic 1950s-style-bend-over-and-hand-me-my-martini fantasies from watching too many back to back episodes of Mad Men and Sister Wives on TiVo with a raging hard-on.

Surely, I told myself, this sort of antiquated mindset would work better in a costume historical
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)

LOVED!

This book is a romancy-romance for romance lovers!

Is it historically accurate? Probably not.
Is it realistic? For sure, no.
But was it so romantic and un-put-downable that I walked around carrying that bodice-ripping cover everywhere? YESSSSSSS!

I adored Never Seduce a Scot. I honestly barely read the blurb before buying this book at my library book sale, and I went on simply the positive reviews from my friends. #worthit.

While this book is the traditional virgin-meets-hulking-warrior/lair
Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
After just re-reading this for about the 5th time I said to myself, "Self, why did we ony rate this 4 stars? That's ridiculous Self, this book is fucking amazing."

So 5 Stars.

Love,
Self
♡Karlyn P♡
Sep 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Maya Banks is quickly becoming my favorite author of Highlander/Medieval romances. NEVER SEDUCE A SCOT was another winner. It was a sexy, sweet highlander romance between enemy clans. While it was a bit predictable in places, I really didn’t care. The story kept me glued, the characters were endearing, and the romance was swoon worthy.

Forced to marry by the king’s proclamation, Eveline Armstrong and Graeme Montgomery meet just one day before their own wedding. Graeme will respect the king’s wis
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
What a wonderful story!!I absolutely loved this book!!!My first and definetely favorite historical book!!!!

description

The story starts with a century of long feud between the Armstrong and Montgomery clans.
The king, having the support of both of these very strong clans fears that his backing will be weakened severely if these 2 clans kill each other off.
Really, it's just a matter of time before they war with each other.
In a last ditch effort to save this from happening the King decides to issue an edict th
Jilly

So freaking good!

This HR is about two rival clans in ye old Scotland that are forced by the king to join one of the chieftains to the other chieftain's daughter in marriage. The hope is that this will stop all of the crazy killing between the clans. Neither clan is happy about it at all.

These were some unhappy clams clans.

But then, oh it was so awesome! The hero, Graem, is a total sweetie pie. Yes, an alpha sweetie pie, but still. And, the heroine, Eveline, is so amazing. Ugh! The cute-o-meter
NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: This wasn't quite as good as I thought it'd be. I enjoyed it, but I just thought it was ok. The H was awesome, but I think I've been conditioned to like a different kind of H as he seemed a little too sweet for my liking. I'm sure I'm a minority in that! The ending felt a little lackluster to me too. Many people loved this, so it could just be me 🤷🏻♀

Brief Summary of the Storyline: This is Eveline and Graeme's story. They are both from enemy clans and the King has ordere
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (On Hiatus)
I have to say,I was truely touched by this read.Especially after reading the author's notes under ACKNOWLEDGMENTS....

AUTHOR'S NOTE :Eveline’s deafness is based on my husband’s own hearing condition.No one ever knew how bad his hearing was until he was in his master’s program in college.He’d taught himself to read lips and got through school by sitting close to the teachers so he
could see their mouths.Like Eveline,he cannot hear higher pitches and only some lower
tones.This book and the heroine is
Karla
4 1/2 Lovely Stars! Great start to this Highlander series!

Beautiful story about two feuding families brought together by through a mandated arranged marriage. Eveline, Graeme and their families are resolved to their fate, not necessarily pleased by the king's order, but they obey to keep peace among the clans.

Eveline was one of the sweetest, bravest heroines I've ever read about, I adored her. Graeme was charming, kind, and even though this union was not what he sought or dreamed about for his
Kristin
Eveline has thought to be daft since her spill on a horse years ago. So when the king forms a marriage between two enemy clans regarding Eveline's hand in marriage, her family is outraged. However, to refuse the marriage would be defying the king, but, they do not let her go to their enemies hands lightly and are quick to inform Graeme of Eveline's condition. When she happens upon Graeme and her father speaking, she is instantly taken with him. He is the first person she has ever been able to he ...more
Carmen
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance fans
Recommended to Carmen by: Navessa
He liked kissing. Many a man didn't have much patience for it. His men jested about kissing being a waste of time and was only for wooing the unwilling lasses. But if a lass was willing, they'd much rather move to the more rudimentary elements of coupling.

But to Graeme, kissing was almost as intimate as the act of lovemaking itself. It wasn't something to be hurried or to be offered as a token to woo a reluctant lass. It was an expression of regard.

Welp, there you have it. *Carmen slams the book
Kathleen
Jun 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Story rating 5 BIG STARS
Character Rating 5 BIG STARS
Romance Rating 5 BIG STARS
Heat Level 4 out of 5 stars
Overall Rating, priceless, LOL!

Can you tell how much I LOVED this book? Just in case you have not figured out how much, I must say that this book was absolutely AMAZING!

This book grabbed me early on and had me loving every moment. The heroine, Eveline was such a special character. She went into a marriage with her clans most hated enemy and by the end she brought them to her knees with her be
xrysa
Mar 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Graeme

Eveline

Years now the Armstrong and the Montgomery clans are sworn enemies and they are fighting each other.
The king cant stand this anymore and the solution is not just a treaty but a marriage , an unwanted one.

The marriage of Eveline and Graeme is supposed to stop their clans warring . However, no one wants this marriage but unfortunatelly they cant oppose to the royal orders.

After the marriage she has to go to the enemies land and live with them.
As the laird's wife she should be treate
Gi's Spot Reviews
5 MILLION Stars for this book!

My ALL TIME fav historical and my ALL TIME fav HR Hero!

Yes, it topped JG's Lion's Lady and the Bride for me, and considering how much I loved those is saying a whole lot!
Graeme was undoubtedly PERFECT, so very perfect! From first thought to last single line that came from his mouth. If I made a list for everything I want in my HR main male characters I can honestly say Graeme would tick ALL the boxes. That's right, he's THAT good! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Full
Sam (AMNReader)
Ugh, just some evidence of my tiny, hard, shriveled heart.

I had some issues with this book, and none of them were necessarily the issues you'd expect from this type of set up.

Everything was just so perfect
After decades long feud (or more) you come to realize these fighting clans are just made up of the best people. except for the mean girls in the Montgomery clan. Without the mean girls, there'd be no conflict. NONE. Absolutely none. Because the hero is a perfect patient man who says all the r
CC
Aug 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars.

This was a great love story. It features one of the best Heros I have ever read. I cannot imagine a hero as caring and intuitive as Graeme, all the while being a badass highland laird. He saw something in Eveline that even her family, that loved and adored her, did not see. He is protective, patient, kind, smart, ok did I say I LOVE him? He gets a million stars!

I really liked Eveline as well, she has a tough time of it but I felt she put up with a bit too much. Reading about a deaf he
Annika
description

For someone who usually doesn't like Historical Romance (nor anything by Maya Banks so far), I found this book to be surprisingly enjoyable.
Amazing characters, sweet romance, great plot.

♥Rachel♥
Jun 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-book
Never Seduce a Scot was amazing and epic with a romance that turned me into a puddle of goo! I listened to the audio version, and the performer, Kirsten Potter, was perfection!! I’m supposed to save my audio books for my commute but there was no way I could stop listening to this mesmerizing story once I got home! I was up until 2am to finish.

The Montgomery’s and the Armstrong’s are enemy clans engaged in bitter feuding for ages. Being the largest and the most powerful clans in Scotland, the ki
Sheryl C. Nash
THANK YOU TO EDELWEISS AND RANDOM HOUSE FOR PROVIDING ME WITH AN ARC OF THIS BOOK!!!!! And Ms Banks, you should know that it was your McCabe trilogy which brought me BACK to reading Scottish historical romance after giving that genre up 10 years ago!!! And now this; your new Scottish historical trilogy feauturing the Montgomerys and Armstrongs is going to FREAKIN' KICK AR$E!!!! *HAPPY DANCE*

OH MY FREAKIN' GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was so bloody AMAZING!!!!! I swear i need to breathe n
* Meli Mel *

I haven't read a historical romance in quite a long time. Really... I think it has been close to a year. I don't know why I stopped, but then I decided I wanted to go back to it. I am so glad I picked Never Seduce a Scot, because I loved it!

The Montgomerys and Armstrongs are enemy clans that blame each other for the death of their loved ones. As time passed, their hatred and thirst for revenge grew, but the king was not willing to let them feud any longer. He decides that Eveline Armstrong and G
Iliada
I seriously loved this book! I liked Maya Banks's McCabes highlander trilogy a lot, but her talent really shines in this book and it's become my favourite book by this author.

We have a truly lovely heroine, who is deaf after an accident she had three years ago. Everyone thinks she's daft though and that the accident affected her mental faculties, and she allows this deception to continue in order to avoid a very bleak fate. Let's face it, it's always cute and touching to have a hero or heroine w
Historical Romanc...: BR - Never Seduce A Scot 45 33 Feb 26, 2018 01:57PM
Deaf heroine books? 7 129 Nov 28, 2017 09:43AM
Turning Pages At ...: Never Seduce a Scott (H/R Buddy Read) by Maya Banks 20 23 Jan 03, 2017 07:12AM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 8 Mar 09, 2015 12:05PM
The World of Maya...: * 1. Never Seduce a Scot 7 39 May 16, 2013 06:39PM
Romance, Historic...: Buddy Read: Never Seduce a Scot by Maya Banks... Sunday Nov. 25th 161 81 Dec 08, 2012 01:28PM

• The Hawk (Highland Guard, #2)
  • Untamed (MacKinnon's Rangers, #2)
  • The Sinner (The Return of the Highlanders, #2)
  • Born in Sin (Brotherhood of the Sword #3/MacAllister, #2)
  • Conquered by a Highlander (Children of the Mist, #4)
  • Claimed by the Highlander (Highlander, #2)
  • The Seduction Of Elliot McBride (MacKenzies & McBrides, #5)
Maya Banks is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today and international bestselling author of over 50 novels. A wife and mother of three, she lives in Texas.

The Montgomerys and Armstrongs (3 books)
  • Highlander Most Wanted (The Montgomerys and Armstrongs, #2)
  • Highland Ever After (The Montgomerys and Armstrongs, #3)
“I love you, Eveline," he whispered, though he knew she could not hear him. "Somehow, I'll make you hear me and you'll know that I love you as fiercely as it's possible for a man to love a woman.” 34 likes
“My lady, I don’t simply care for her. I love her. She is my entire life. Without her, I am nothing. I have nothing.” 11 likes