Start by marking “Saturn Apartments, Vol. 7” as Want to Read:
Saturn Apartments, Vol. 7

Saturn Apartments, Vol. 7

(Saturn Apartments/ La Cité Saturne / 土星マンション #7)

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  166 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
A touching, character-rich vision of an intriguing new world.

Far in the future, humankind has evacuated the earth in order to preserve it. Humans now reside in a gigantic structure that forms a ring around the earth, thirty-five kilometers up in the sky. The society of the Ring is highly stratified: the higher the floor, the greater the status. Mitsu, the lowly son of a wi
Published May 21st 2013 by VIZ Media LLC (first published August 30th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Saturn Apartments, Vol. 7, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saturn Apartments, Vol. 7

Linda
Oct 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, manga, series
How do you convey the joy you feel when you finish a wonderful book or series? That wonderful sunshiny bursting through feeling, that holding the book over your heart and dancing around the room feeling. That hoping everyone loves it as much as you feeling. I don't know if I can, but I'm going to try, so forgive me if I don't quite succeed.

Saturn Apartments is my second favorite manga series ever-right after Twin Spica, Volume 01 by Kou Yaginuma. I don't know if it's a coincidence that they both deal with space but I don't think
Shannon
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I picked this series up at my local library ages ago, and it's never quite let go of me. The premise is simple: A young junior high school graduate works to make a living as a window-cleaner on a space station 35,000m above the earth. The station apartments are divided into three floors, each corresponding to a different social class. The rich can afford to have their windows washed, while the poor (including the window-washers themselves) are less lucky.

These books start out as character-drive

Sesana
Sep 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
A satisfying conclusion to a lovely series. This volume brings all of the various plot threads to, if not a conclusion, then at least a mostly satisfactory stopping point. There are a lot of characters throughout the series, though, and I'd say that it's probably a good idea to read all seven volumes in a fairly short period of time. Otherwise, you'll forget some of the characters who show up here.
Kirsten
Augh, how many times is this volume going to make me ugly-cry?

Sohta to Kayo: "I was a little late… but not too late."

"He's so small to begin with. If he goes so far away… he'll become invisible."

Sachi… Jin… MR. KAGAYAMA.

I'm going to miss them all so much.

This might actually be one of the best manga I've ever read.
Aurora
May 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
This volume confirmed it. Saturn Apartments is the spiritual sequel to Twin Spica, Volume: 01 series. I still liked Twin Spica more though(Shhh).
K. O'Bibliophile
Review of full 7-volume series.

If I had to pick one word to describe Saturn Apartments, it would be gentle. The series is mainly a moderately-paced slice-of-life story, with the caveat that the life in question is a society of humans living inside artificial rings encircling the Earth, which has been declared a nature preserve, and follows a 9th grade graduate who cleans the windows outside the rings.

For the first half of the series or so, that's about it. An unhurried slice of the lives of wind
Kim
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
A great ending to a fabulous series.
Taylor Goodspeed
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 17-18-schoolyear
Seriously 1000/10
Stunning
Perfect ending, I couldn’t have asked for better.
I am now in the worst reading slump ever.
Lucie Lacoste
Dernier tome de la série. un peu déçue par la fin mais c'était vraiment une belle histoire.
Travis Mueller
Jan 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Infinite Scythe
Nov 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
o
Mar 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The last, and best volume in the series. While Saturn Apartments is certainly a slice-of-life graphic novel, I never found the events boring or slow - but this volume in comparison moved at breakneck speed! There's a huge twist involving Mitsu's descent to the surface, which really seemed to make the series for me!

The epilogue is sweet and wraps up the characters' intersecting lives nicely. So sad that I'm done!
Dolores
May 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
final volume. In the final volume of the series, the lower level remains locked in due to the explosion at the power plant, spurring Mr. Nishimaru and Sohta to send Mitsu to the surface. Sohta believes this will inspire the lower level residents and give them hope, while impressing the residents on the other levels. He has no idea that Mr. Nishimaru intends to blow up the capsule and kill Mitsu starting a class war. A good ending to a intriguing series.
Shaun
Aug 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is the final volume. The end. It was a good ending and I'm going to miss all the characters. It feels like we've all become family over the previous six volumes and this strange quirky sci-fi tale of day to day life of working class characters and the lives each of them touched has been one of the most surprisingly enjoyable manga that I've read in a while.
Dawn Rutherford
Jul 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
A solid enough wrap up to a beloved series, but by this point I had lost track of all the characters and was mostly interested in the increasingly tense plot, which resolved well, but slightly uncleanly IMHO. Still, well worth reading, and I'm glad it was only 7 books, as I'm not a long series person.
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Mar 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Never heard of this series before until I was browsing for manga to read. The art is good, weird at times but good. Good finale though I hadn't been following the series that much except now and then. Lots of characters too. Good volume.
Engel Dreizehn
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-2016
Very satisfying conclusion to the series and seeing Mitsu's wild dream fulfilled, and all the characters from the previous volumes make an appearance....plus an interesting shift in, not to spoil anything but art style.
Elsa
Mar 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-gn
Satisfying end to an excellent manga.
Romi (likes books)
SO GOOD! I'm really pleased with the way this ended, and though the series was sometimes slow going for me, I'm so very glad that I read it.
R
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful series! I hate to see it end and wished it had a little more about what happens but overall I am so happy I read it!
Julie
A lovely ending to this series that leaves one hoping that relations will improve over time in the Saturn Apartments and that Mitsu will continue on happily with his work and friends.
Rod Brown
Jan 15, 2016 rated it liked it
A nice ending. Nothing too unpredictable, but satisfying all the same.
Laurianne Uy
Mar 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Good end to a series. Although I've forgotten most of the characters by now so I think I need to reread the books.
JJ
Aug 07, 2013
Greg Ecureuil
May 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Hisae Iwaoka (岩岡ヒサエ, born 17th July 1976) is a Japanese manga artist (referring to Japanese comic books).

Her work includes the one-shot manga Hana Boro (Flower Cookies) and Shiroi Kumo (White Clouds) (a jury-recommended work in the 2005 Japan Media Arts Festival) Yume no Soko, (a jury-recommended work in the 2006 Japan Media Arts Festival) Hoshigahara Aomanjuu no Mori, (a jury-recommended work in

Saturn Apartments/ La Cité Saturne / 土星マンション (7 books)
  • Saturn Apartments, Vol. 1 (Saturn Apartments, #1)
  • Saturn Apartments, Vol. 2 (Saturn Apartments #2)
  • Saturn Apartments, Vol. 3 (Saturn Apartments #3)
  • Saturn Apartments, Vol. 4