Start by marking “Chained by Night (MoonBound Clan Vampire, #2)” as Want to Read:
Chained by Night (MoonBound Clan Vampire, #2)

Chained by Night

(MoonBound Clan Vampires #2)

New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author Larissa Ione sets the night on fire with a thrilling new novel of irresistible hungers and immortal enemies in a world as sensual and dark as her Demonica series ...

THE FUTURE OF HIS TRIBE
Leader of the vampire clan MoonBound, Hunter will do what he must to save his people from extinction - or worse, a torturous eternity as va
Published September 30th 2014 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about Chained by Night, please sign up.
Amber According to the FAQ on the author's website (see: http://larissaione.com/blog/extras/faqs/ ):

"Q: Is Chained By Night the last book in the MoonBound C…more

"Q: Is Chained By Night the last book in the MoonBound Clan Vampires series? Tell me there are more books!

Larissa’s Answer:
Yes! Here’s the deal: I HATE releasing one book per year in a series, so instead of doing that over the course of the next 3 years (there are 3 more books planned in the series,) I’m going to concentrate on writing them all at once, that way they can all release in rapid succession. Yes, there will be a long wait between Chained by Night and the next book, but you’ll get the last three back to back. At least, that’s the plan. And for those wondering, Myne’s book is next!"

Hope this helps!(less)
Liz According to the FAQ section on Ione's site, "Baddon's book will be next!"

Start your review of Chained by Night (MoonBound Clan Vampire, #2)
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
Read my interview with Larissa Ione all about this book and a few peaks into the next one here
4.5 Stars

Aylin had gotten under his skin, and for all his experience fighting enemies, he had no defense against a female whose strength humbled him, whose voice soothed him, and whose touch drove him wild.

This book just reminded me all over again why I'm such a big fan of Larissa Ione's writing. If I had any doubts about this new series after finishing Bound by Night, I don't have a doubt i
Sophia Triad
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hunter and Aylin

Forever. Sounded like way too damned long to Hunter.

Hunter does not want to be mated. As a second generation vampire, a born vampire and the leader of the MoonBound Clan, he is obliged to be mated to one of the daughters of the ShadowSpawn Clan’s leader. More accurately he has to mate the first-born, Rasha. Since the two girls are twins, the first-born is only slightly older than the second-born i.e. insignificant Aylin. And this is a good thing, he guesses, because the second da
Penny
I liked the romance part of the book very much even though I felt like I have already read that love story a few times before. The rest of the plot though, not so much, and in some ways it was predictable, but entertaining.

I don´t really like the world that this series is based on, it doesn't attract me and it seems way more fitting to werewolves than vampires.
In this particular book, the fact that she introduced the demon realm and the challenges through me off a little, that part just did
Sԋҽʅʅყ ƚԋҽ Wҽιɾԃ αɳԃ Wαɳԃҽɾιɳɠ Wαɾɾισɾ
Ok, I got the first book of this series from Netgalley years ago. I REALLY wanted book two, but it was too much for me to take a chance on. It has finally come down in price by half! I have waited years for this day. lol. I am taking a chance here. Please be good!!

Bound by Night: 4 stars
Diah Didi
UPDATE 25 September 2014:
You can find the FULL REVIEW at BUKU-BUKU DIDI.

31 Agustus 2014
I really really don't know where to start so I guess I won't.
I only know that for all I could remember, this could be the only book, that gave me goosebumps when I received it, ever. I was soooo thrilled.
There were ups and downs, moments when I thought with a bit disappointment, "What???", or, "Eeeew...", or "Drat, after I was hoping so much..."
But, after going through more than a half book, things were start
AJ
Vampires, heaps of action and forbidden love.
I absolutely, freaking, LOVED IT!

The second book in Larissa Ione’s MoonBound Clan Vampire series totally blew me away. Her vampire world is cleverly tied in with Native American mythology, and provides a spin on the usual paranormal setting with vampires constantly hunted by humans and living their lives in hiding. But the mythology and the politics between the different vampire clans brings a whole heap of danger, intrigue and action, and it is fant
T.J. Shaw
Oct 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!

Wow! I really enjoyed the first book in the series, BOUND by NIGHT, but I loved this one! Hunter is one hot alpha male and Aylin is a remarkable, strong heroine with spunk and sass. I was rooting for them from the beginning. Ms. Ione’s take on the vampire genre is intriguing and unique, her world-building fantastic, and her characters have depth and … well, character! Great read!
Mei
Sep 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
Ohhhh... I was soooo right!!! :)

This one was as good as the previous one!

I loved the heroine Aylin as much as I loved Nicole in the Bound by Night!

As she's a birth defect that makes her lame, I was expecting a needy damisel in distress, but since the very beginning I realized that she's anything but! And, obviously, I loved her!

She's been demeaned by everybody (scums, the last of them!!!) in her clan. She's been starved and looked upon as a tainted one, but she's so quietly strong that I could
Jo
Jun 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another great book by Larissa Ione! I didn't enjoy the previous book that much, but Chained by Night was wonderful.

Hunter was just great, I love how loyal he is to his clan, and how he stood up for Aylin. But I must say Aylin stole the show for me. She is just an amazing character, and it was wonderful seeing her realise just how strong she really is despite her disability.

The romance between Hunter and Aylin was passionate and intense, and I rooted for them to have their HEA.

I'm really enjoyi
Deea (Andreea)
Sep 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Hmm... Not sure how to rate this. Around 3-4 stars.

It took me a while to finish it. And not because it wasn't awesome, but because after years and dozens of vampire and paranormal books, it's hard to start a new series and for it to keep me interested. Yes, there is the unmistakable Ione writing style that I ADORE, with all her wit, passion, badass characters, great world-building and kick ass scenes, and there are new spins to the vampire myths, but I can't help myself from comparing this with
Alex is The Romance Fox
 photo images_zps32201f35.jpg
CHAINED BY NIGHT is the 2nd book in the MoonBound Clan Vampire series by one of my favorite PNR authors and since reading the 1st book Bound By Night https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1... earlier this year I have been eagerly waiting for Hunter’s story. Leader of the MoonBound Clan….
 photo 9f89cc94-2f2f-4a77-893c-20aaa9b74419_zps1c3f1853.jpg
I was not disappointed……..what a fabulous follow up to the amazing and original , dark and sensual world that Larissa Ione has created.

The last book ended with Hunter, one of the few first pure
Sunny
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
ARC Review: 4.5 Stars

I am thrilled to say that I loved this book! This is exactly what I’m looking for in a PNR.

1) This story features an honor-bound hero willing to sacrifice for his happiness for the security of his clan 2) a woman who, due to a physical disability, has been underestimated and abused most of her life. She blossoms under these circumstances. 3) There is serious tension between the clans and with humans whose prejudices are being riled.

Hunter has made a bargain to wed a rival
Ezinwanyi Chinyere
I enjoyed this book better than book 1, but there is still something missing for me.
In this sequel, Hunter, chief of MoonBound clan has to fulfill the bargain he made in book 1, to marry the daughter of a rival clan. While Hunter wasn't looking forward to mating Rasha, as a leader, he had to create alliances as the human attacks on vampires continue to increase.

Rasha travels to her new clan with her twin sister Aylin as a decoy in case they come across trouble. Aylin is disposable since she has
Zeek
4 1/2 stars. Heart the hero and heroine in this so much. Loved the bond they formed through adversity- even if it was in a demon realm which is sorta familiar, but still works for me.

Srsly. So good, but too long a wait. Wish it was longer too. (Not that it was short just didnt want to leave their world.)

I want real romances like these -not just 50 Rip Off Shades of 50 Shades of Gray stories like are getting cranked out now.
HeatherLovesReading
Nov 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
Really good second book in a series! Loved both the main characters and I like where the main story is going ... I wish I knew when the next book in this series is coming out ... I've looked everywhere and can't find anything.
Shawna
4-4 ½ stars – Paranormal/Vampire Romance

I enjoyed this even more than the first book of the series. Larissa Ione always delivers first-rate, original, and addictive paranormal romances.
Amy
Mar 27, 2013 rated it really liked it

Originally posted at http://fictionvixen.com/review-chaine...

“Both twins would be the death of you. But only one of them will choose to bring you back.”

At the end of Bound by Night, Hunter, second generation vampire and leader of the MoonBound clan struck a deal with the enemy clan leader of ShadowSpawn. The condition of the deal was that Hunter must mate with the brutal leader’s daughter, Rasha, in exchange for the release of Riker’s mate, Nichole. This promised union not only secured Nicole’s
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)

When I read the first book in this series I remember thinking that it was a good story and the plot of the series was really intriguing, but it left me wanting a bit more. So I was both excited and scared to go into this one. I wanted this one to live up to the potential of this series! But I was scared to have high expectations. I shouldn’t have worried. Larissa made me happy, once again!

Even though this didn’t have the level of sexual intensity, I guess, that I’ve come to expect with Laris
KitReads (a.k.a. nd)
4 Stars!
Review to follow!

Ohhhh! i SO can't wait for this book to come out!

August 1, 2014 seems like forever away!

R Y A N  ⚡️
5/5 - Hunter x Aylin - amazing story

So so good. Larissa Ione has the right amount of everything in her writing. And she has likable heroines. They are as important to the story as the heroes and are fundamental in their mates growth.

The mythology is still so good. Vampires x Native American lore and culture.

I wish more books in this series would be released.
Eni
Mar 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: just-love-it, pnr
I liked this book more than the first one. Really enjoyed it.
Lover of Romance
Chained By Night is the second book in the new series by this author. This series is about a vampire clan, that live in a time where their true natures have been revealed to humans, and they are considered the level of slaves, no rights and are constantly being hunted by humans. Hunter is the leader of the Moonbound Clan, his ways are far different from other vampire clans. When one of his own is kidnapped, he agrees to mate with the clan leaders daughter, in order to save another of his clan. H ...more
Aug 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Originally posted at The Book Nympho

topread Kick-AssHeroineAlphaMale
Larissa Ione never disappoints me, CHAINED BY NIGHT is a great follow-up to BOUND BY NIGHT. This sophomore novel in the MoonBound Clan Vampires series as a great hero and heroine.

At the end of BOUND BY NIGHT (book 1) Hunter, the chief of the Moonbound Clan, agrees to an arranged mating with the daughter of the ShadowSpawn Clan's chief in order to get two of his clan members back safely. The major problem with this arranged mating? The daughter is a bitch of e

Amber J.
I did not read book one, so I wasn't really sure what I was getting into, but it sure was a pleasant surprise!!!

Hunter is the super hot chief of a clan of vampires. They live in a society where humans know about vampires and the government is trying to enslave them. The old vampire ways are are brutal, they abuse weaker vampires, shun those with any abnormalities and kill for sport. When Hunter took over the clan, after killing his father to do so, he changed things for his clan. They are more
Bj
*I gave this audiobook an A- for the story and narration at AudioGals*

Narrated by Amy Landon

I loved this feel-good paranormal romance that leaves you with the warm and fuzzy feeling that good always triumphs over evil. Moreover, I’m a sucker for an underdog, and this novel features the “ugly duckling” trope, making the triumph that much more satisfying. This was my first experience with Larissa Ione, but I have no doubt that I will be seeking out more of her works in the future, as this well-wri
Linda
Jun 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook
MoonBound´s leader Hunter made a deal with his enemy in the last book, to save the clan he promised to take his daughter for a mate. Now the time has come for the wedding..
Aylin, twin sister to the intended mate Rasha, comes along as a decoy for the poachers or any other ambushes, but this is still better than staying at ShadowSpawn, where she´s seen as a freak and abomination as the second twin, not to mention her crippled leg. When circumstances puts Hunter and Aylin in close quarters, feelin
BleuBelle
100 year old Vampires, saying "dude" to each other, playing the x-box to relax and have a voice and personality of a teenager? Yeah, no. Too immature.

The story would've had potential. Read it 5 years ago, gave it 4 stars. But, the execution wasn't great. I can't take this seriously. And a world where vampires are the slaves of the human race, well I'm not convinced.

Oh, and the Hero only chooses the Heroine, because he finds his promised mate with another male in his bedroom. He had all the inten
Paris        (kerbytejas)
Mar 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2014
I really enjoyed Chained by Night (MoonBound Clan Vampires #2) by Larissa Ione...it was so much better then the first book in the series and I'm glad I didn't give up on the series after reading Bound by Night (MoonBound Clan Vampires #1).

Both Hunter and Aylin's characters were well written, and the chemistry between them palpable.
I thought that Samnult's tests were really the key to building Hunter & Aylin's relationship and Aylin finding her inner strength and accepting herself as a person.

Fo
Lisa - (Aussie Girl)
** ★★★☆ **

The second book in the Moonbound Clan Vampires series. Mmmm, I was conflicted about rating this book, 3.5 but whether to mark it up from three or down from four.

Maybe I have just reached saturation point with vampires because the world building and storyline are fine. I just didn't love it although the series has potential, especially the story of vampire Myne which must be in the works. And it did build and improve on the first book, Bound by Night. Therefore up to four, it is.
Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort
This author does amazing with every book!
I'm a huge fan of Ione so when she started this series I couldn't wait and I was not disappointed! It was phenomenal!
I'm counting down the days until the next one!!

• Blood Red Kiss (Immortals After Dark, #1; MoonBound Clan Vampires, #2.5; Otherworld Assassin, #2.5)
  • Demon (The Fallen, #2)
  • Raziel (The Fallen, #1)
  • Warrior (The Fallen, #3)
  • Hot Blooded (Dark Kings, #4)
  • Rebel (The Fallen, #4)
  • Highland Mist (Druids Glen, #1)
  • Ecstasy (Shadowdwellers, #1)
  • The Blood King (Inferno Rising, #2)
  • The Vampire's Bride (Atlantis, #4)
  • Burning Desire (Dark Kings, #3)
  • Soul Scorched (Dark Kings, #6)
  • Ecstasy Untamed (Feral Warriors, #6)
  • Obsession Untamed (Feral Warriors, #2)
  • Night's Blaze (Dark Kings, #5)
  • Burning Dawn (Angels of the Dark, #3, Lords of the Underworld #10.5)
  • Dragon King (Dark Kings #6.5; Dark World #20.5)
  • Rapture Untamed (Feral Warriors, #4)
Air Force veteran Larissa Ione traded in a career in meteorology to pursue her passion of writing. She has since published dozens of books, hit several bestseller lists, including the New York Times and USA Today, and has been nominated for a RITA award. She now spends her days in pajamas with her computer, strong coffee, and supernatural worlds. She believes in celebrating everything, and would n ...more

MoonBound Clan Vampires (2 books)
  • Bound by Night (MoonBound Clan Vampire, #1)