Start by marking “The Best Man (Blue Heron, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Best Man (Blue Heron, #1)

The Best Man (Blue Heron #1)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  15,482 ratings  ·  1,143 reviews
Sometimes
The Best Man
Is The One
You Least Expect...

Faith Holland left her hometown after being jilted at the altar. Now a little older and wiser, she’s ready to return to the Blue Heron Winery, her family’s vineyard, to confront the ghosts of her past, and maybe enjoy a glass of red. After all, there’s some great scenery there....

Like Levi Cooper, the local police chief - a
Mass Market Paperback, 426 pages
Published February 26th 2013 by Harlequin HQN

To ask other readers questions about The Best Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Best Man

The Way You Look Tonight by Bella AndreIt Had to Be You by Jill ShalvisWalking Disaster by Jamie McGuireThe Best Man by Kristan HigginsWaiting for Love by Marie Force
2013 Contemporary Romance
4th out of 470 books — 864 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverLover at Last by J.R. WardThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
207th out of 2,463 books — 12,470 voters

More lists with this book...

willaful
I'm really puzzled about how to approach this review. There is much about this book that is sensitive, generous, moving, and funny. There is also much that feels like getting a pie in the face. With a rock in it.

Faith has an exceptionally bad history with men, even for a Higgins heroine. Her longterm sweetheart Jeremy came out to her at their wedding and it's been nothing but bad revelations ever since. Yet fate has chosen her to be a matchmaker for her widowed father, who the family fears is in
Mo
4.5

First off I want to say that I love Kristan Higgins. Have read all her books and totally love her stories, her characters, her humour, her dogs…. She has it all. Felt like I was waiting forever for this one as it only just became available NOW on KINDLE in Europe – why make us wait so long? Not fair…..

It is the story of Faith and Levi…. Oh and Jeremy is in there somewhere too.

Faith left her hometown after she was jilted at the altar.

Everybody loves her, she is popular, well off, has lots of
Didi
Okay, I LOVED THIS BOOK! Why had I never heard of this author? Shame on me. But now I've found another talent to add to my roster, so I'm all good. This was a beautiful and sweet story about second chances in the most unlikely of places. Getting jilted at the alter left Faith Holland humiliated and alone. She flees to San Fran and leaves Manningsport in the Finger Lakes region, her beloved home town.

But now, 3 and a half years later, Faith is back. She misses her family, misses home but unfortu
Duchess Nicole
Feb 26, 2014 Duchess Nicole rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of Jill Shalvis, Bella Andre, Terri Osburn
I just loved Faith and Levi! This is the first in the Blue Heron series by Kristan Higgins and my fourth book to read of hers. She never fails to impress me with her evocative, if somewhat long winded family drama and sweet, slow, believable romances. Add in a dash of humor that is seriously chuckle-worthy, and I'm game for everything she can throw at me. And anyone who calls enemies hemorrhoids and utilizes Fifty Shades of Grey as sexy, silly comic relief is, quite frankly, DA BOMB!

This is set
Lisa Kay
Rose Quartz

(This is a review of the audiobook.) Amy Rubinate is another narrator I haven't heard before, but I quite liked her. I do think she did a better job on the second half of the story, but maybe that is influenced by my liking the later half better. When a character’s voice is supposed to hold a note of humor or derision, she handles it nicely.

In the first half of this book I thought the heroine was a bit too hung-up on what the hero did in the past. I kept thinking, “Geez, lady. Give
StScho
I love me some Kristan Higgins. Just when I think she can’t reel me in any longer (not too impressed with her last book), she comes out with this gem.

Faith and Jeremy have been high school/college sweethearts. The happiest day of Faith’s life is when Jeremy proposed. On their wedding day, Jeremy jilts her (coward!) and his best friend Levi is mostly partly responsible. Years later, Faith is finally coming home. The past is in the past. Except for Levi….he is still definitely on her hit list (if
Stephanie
This review originally appeared at www.readinasinglesitting.com.

Yesterday I asked the readers of the RIASS Facebook page whether they make themselves finish reading a book that's really not to their tastes, or whether they put such a book down. And if the latter, at what point would they do so?

There's a reason that this review is appearing about a week later than originally scheduled. And that's because it took me about a week to read this. And not because it's a particularly long or challenging
Michelle [Helen Geek]
02/14/2015 --

I was going through the mountain of books on my Kindle looking for something to read and ran across this one. I don't remember reading a Kristin Higgins book before, but I have a few of them. I looked to see what some trusted friends were saying and they loved her. Why not?

I have to say .. I am now a fan and am happy to have a new author to read. Thankfully she has several written and will keep me busy for a bit of time :)

Sorry. Not going to take the time for a detailed review. Thi
Kajol
Rating: 4.3 stars!

An advanced reading copy was provided by the publisher through NetGalley.

After staring at the blank page for a quarter of an hour, fidgeting and scowling in hopes to scare the God of inspiration if there ever was one, I finally decided to start my review with this one line: I loved this novel.

Maybe it's because I love contemporary romances that I liked this one so much.

It's been a week since I finished reading it, and I'd be lying if I said that I remember exactly what I felt
Amanda
I would have rate it 5 stars, if chick lit is the only genre I read. But sadly, I had read too much awesome romance, so although I kinda love this book, I gotta rate it 4 stars just to be consistent. I actually read this whole book in one night and then only I realize is actually 400+ pages. I had no idea how I manage it, but I did lose some sleep over it.

The first chapter itself had me laughing so hard that I have to stop myself looking like an idiot. Faith is having such a bad luck when comes
Ami

I definitely had issues which reduced my reading experience. Now, the good thing was ... it had all the element of small town romance, heck down to the meddling secondary characters.

BUT, I felt that the romance was a bit lacking. For enemies-to-lovers theme to work, I need proofs that the animosity can change. Here, I just felt that both Faith and Levi spent more time with other people than being together and in love. I mean, how can I believe in them, when on pages, it seemed that I k
Cocktails and Books
Faith Holland avoided her hometown after fleeing to San Francisco. Having been jilted at the alter by the love of her life and he was outed by his best friend, she needed to be away from the pitying stares of her small hometown and running into her ex. But when she comes back to Blue Heron for a couple of months to work on a project at the family winery, she has to come face to face with the past and the man she felt ruined everything, Levi Cooper.

I LOVED Levi Cooper. He's a man of few words and
Keertana
It seems as if Kristan Higgins can do no wrong. Although Somebody to Love was a bump in the road, The Best Man certainly wasn't. From the beginning itself, it's difficult not to like Faith, the protagonist of this novel. After all, she's been dumped at the altar by her perfect boyfriend-of-eight-years, Jeremy, when he announces that he's gay. Thus, fleeing to San Francisco, Faith harbors a broken heart and a pool of hatred for Levi Cooper, Jeremy's best friend who convinced Jeremy to come out wi ...more
Angie
Originally reviewed here @ Angieville

Sometimes you run across a certain author at just the right time. In my case, it often happens post-some trauma or other, when I am . . . depleted, if you will, and sorely in need of something that will wrap me up in its charm or beauty and give me back a little bit of what I lost. Kristan Higgins is one of those authors. I discovered her not long after having my third baby (never in a million years did I think I'd have cause to use that phrase), and the laug
I'm torn on this. Kristan Higgins has such a formula. Quirky/neurotic female character, a guy who is resistant to relationships, a big family, a small town with its cast of quirky characters, and the smell of desperation coming from the main female character as her only goal seems to be to get married.

BUT, saying all that, I enjoyed certain moments of this book. I just feel that Kristan Higgins (much like Jodi Picoult) is an author to take a break with occasionally.

The Best Man isn't the worst r
Sarah Carr
I keep reading Kristan Higgins' books. And sometimes I'm not sure why. There. Is. A. Formula.

-New England.
-Small town
-Crazy family
-Some sort of feelings about the Yankees
-Some sort of weird way of the lead saying that she's turned on.
-Educated girl and blue collar guy
-Some sort of catch phrase ("Hemmorroid" was this one.)
-A dog, always a dog.
-The leads will hook up and everything will be great, but there will be a misunderstanding that will force them apart, until the end when they inevitably g
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

I have a confession to make: This is my very first Kristan Higgins book! I’ve been meaning to read her books for so long, but didn’t have the chance to until now. I’m glad I took the leap because I love her authorial voice and hope to fall in love again in Blue Heron!

THE BEST MAN is the first book in a brand new series called Blue Heron. It features Faith Holland who has some serious man issues – and I mean, SERIOUS MAN ISSUES! This girl cannot catch a break! Her fiancé turns out to be gay, the
Becky
Jul 23, 2013 Becky added it
I'm a huge Kristan Higgins fan! She manages to write books that are simultaneously hysterical, touching, AND romantic. Every story features a faithful pet as well as a so-real-you-feel-you're-related-to-them cast of family members.

The Best Man is perhaps my favorite of the books I've read by Kristan. Faith, who was once stood up at the altar by a man who was perfect for her in every way (except for the fact that he was gay) returns to her family's picturesque vineyard years after her doomed wedd
Ririn
I have a mixed feeling about this book. My preference ran along the lines of the funnier one such as Catch of The Day and All I Ever Wanted. This one is more similar to My One and Only and Someone to Love, which has a little darker side.
The heroine is still pathetic. For Faith Holland, all of her potential mate turned out either gay or married. And the hero, Levi Cooper also have his own demon to slay.
But their journey to find love and happiness is the key to their story. Along the way, they lea
Kamaliah
Levi is indeed THE BEST MAN.....

4 1/2 *

This would be my first time reading Kristan’s book. Thank you Ririn for introducing me to this author. I must say I like her writing. Simple, hilarious and at some point just a simple sentence touches my heart. And the best part is non-excessive bedroom elaboration doesn’t spoil a story. In fact less is more. But the sexual tension is definitely there.

I like Levi. In fact, I love Levi. Now… what he did may look bad externally but to me he had saved the ‘l
Lizzeth "Too many books so little time"
Damn! this was a really good book. Not usually what I like to read, but Im guessing thats why I liked it so much. Lovable characters, sweet, amazing story. This is my first novel by this author and I really enjoyed her writting style. Glad I read it. ...more
Pupottina

Ex fidanzati e adorabili Golden Retriever

Senza ombra di dubbio è il miglior romanzo che ho letto negli ultimi anni. Mi è piaciuto dalla prima all’ultima pagina. Kristan Higgins ha saputo conquistarmi con il suo SE TORNO, TI SPOSO. D’ora in poi, non perderò nessuno dei suoi romanzi.
A conquistarmi è stato il connubio tra romanticismo e ironia, che scalda il cuore, ma sa anche far sorridere.
La copertina, coloratissima e teneramente simpatica,forse avrebbe potuto anticiparmi qualcosa della storia, i
Feminista
Okay, so I generally like Kristan Higgins' books. This book wasn't bad, it was simply okay. The good thing about Higgins, is that, she does not use the same formula or characteristics in characters for different books, she creates different characters for each book. Characters that are different in fundamental of ways, let it not be said that she is not creative, because she is!

In this novel, the heroine's life was kind of pathetic. The poor girl honestly had a bad dating life, but seriously, it
A Tasty Read Book Reviews
My Higgins never disappoints!! I was cracking up after the first paragraph! Some of the one liners...Faith Holland is hysterical, loved her!!
And Levi Cooper...oh boy! Those arms, really is it legal to have arms like that?

Loved this upcoming release!

Full Review on http://Atastyread.blogspot.com (Few Spoiler Quotes)

And those abs...rippled and hypnotic and magically perfect. Yes. Levi Cooper was a sparkly unicorn of wonder.

No...it doesn't get any better than that...ok...actually THE BEST MAN had me
I have to say that I am new to Kristan Higgins, so this is my 3rd story that I have read by her. This very quickly jumped to the top of the list as my favorite. I received this book as a gift for my birthday as it came out the day after. After speaking with the person that gifted it to me, I decided that I should wait until I was on break from grad school to read it because I wouldn't want to out it down. Well.........she was right!! I actually saw the time change here in the US.

Faith, our hero
Dorota

FINDING LOVE AGAINST ALL ODDS TAKE 1

A light and quick read.
The first in a series of Blue Heron

Faith Holland - a Little Ms Perfect, had it all. A perfect boyfriend and a perfect future planned panning out just around the bend of a perfect wedding... Only... Two of those things turned out not to be so perfect after all sweeping the third perfection right into the La La Land... You see - her perfect boyfriend turned out to have a liking rather for those of his own gender not the opposite one, an
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Originally posted at http://smexybooks.com/2013/03/review-...

Favorite Quote: “That. Man. Was. Suchapainintheass.“

Faith Holland left her hometown when her soon to be husband came out of the closet…on their wedding day. Older and wiser, Faith has decided it’s time to return home to her family and lay to rest some ghosts from the past. When she runs into Levi Cooper, local police chief and the evil villain behind her wedding disaster, Faith finds herself re evaluating her animosity towards him. Aft
Lexxie
I received a free ARC of The Best Man from Harlequin via Netgalley in exchange of an honest review*

ARC received on 28 February 2013
The Best Man is exactly the kind of contemporary romance I love to immerse myself in! Cute little tourist town upstate New York. Quirky and seeminlgy ‘real’ heroine. A hot and brooding alpha-male – whom Faith is trying her best to hate, and who does his best to show her his disdain. A big family that is united in many ways, but where they all still feel shattered by
April
Such a fun, laugh-out-loud, tears-streaming-down-the-face, making-the-dog-nervous kind of book. Started it last night. Finished it today. Good thing I didn't have a million other things I should have been doing. It's hard to feel guilty about reading a book that was so much fun.
Marg
Loved this! Loved the way the story unfolded, with things from the past slowly revealed as the current story progressed

I do get over the need for her heroines not to actually swear but rather to use made up words like futtock. That is but a small criticism though.
  • It Had to Be You (Lucky Harbor, #7)
  • All He Ever Dreamed (Kowalski Family, #6)
  • The Love Shack (Beach House No. 9, #3)
  • Three Little Words (Fool's Gold, #12)
  • Sultry with a Twist (Sultry Springs, #1)
  • Flirting with Disaster (Camelot, #3)
Hello! I’m flattered that you clicked the button. If you clicked by mistake, well, hello anyway.

I live in a small Connecticut town with a beautiful library, a great agricultural fair, nice people and not much else. I have two lovely, entertaining children and a brave firefighter for a husband, who is, perhaps more importantly, a fantastic cook. Digger from Fools Rush In is inspired my very own Dig
More about Kristan Higgins...

Blue Heron (5 books)
  • The Perfect Match (Blue Heron #2)
  • Waiting On You (Blue Heron #3)
  • In Your Dreams (Blue Heron #4)
  • Anything for You (Blue Heron, #5)
Too Good to Be True Just One of the Guys All I Ever Wanted Until There Was You My One and Only

“Maybe love isn't just a bouquet of roses once in a whole. Maybe it's just sticking it out, when it's hard, when you're mad, when you're tired.” 22 likes
“I don't want to lose you, I love you, and…and that's all I've got.”
As speeches went, it wasn't great. As feelings went…different story.”
20 likes