Start by marking “Today I'll Be a Princess” as Want to Read:
Today I'll Be a Princess

Today I'll Be a Princess

3.91  ·  Rating details ·  88 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
This sparkly little board book indulges every girl's princess fantasies, but still delivers the gentle reminder that the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the castle walls.

Every little girl wants to be a princess, and every mom knows that the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the castle walls. With its colorful pictures, Today I'll Be a Princess
Board Book, 12 pages
Published April 2nd 2013 by Accord Publishing, a division of Andrews McMeel

Ame
This little girl should totally be a princess who jumps in the mud. You can do both, kid!
Nana
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is written in Easy English ,so I could read. I like this illustration.
Samantha
Apr 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
A girly-girl of a board book about the perks of being a princess. In the end, though, the little girl puts off her princess duties in favor of playing in the mud.

The artwork in this book was pretty impressive. The color palette is heavy in shades of pinks. I really responded to the unique points of view in the illustrations. The little girl is only partially viewed until the end when we see her full body, full frontal playing in the mud.
Breanna Samuels
Sep 21, 2015 rated it liked it
For little girls who are just beginning to read this is the perfect book. It has bright and colorful pictures to keep them interested and it is about wanting be a princess which is true for many young girls. While being a princess is great, playing outside in the mud can be just as fun and at the end of this book it ties this in allowing all little girls to be able to relate to it.
Brianna Blackwell
Sep 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
This would be a great book for beginning readers. It has a story that shows little girls that it is okay to be a princess who also loves to play in the mud. It has beautiful illustrations that have a lot of fun pastel colors.
Jacinda
Aug 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
We picked this book up at the library in defiance of gender stereotypes to read to my son. I was pleasantly surprised that the book initially seemed to be heading really strongly into stereotype land - only to take a swift 180 right at the end and head where I wasn't expecting it.
Polly
Aug 22, 2013 rated it liked it
A cute and sparkly board book about the perks of being a princess, and also a big reason why maybe being a princess isn't so awesome.
Camie
Jan 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Today I'll be a princess , or maybe tomorrow after I play in the mud.
Julia Haberler
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My daughter and I love this book. The illustrations are cute, and the story is short and funny (my favorite bedtime books).
Preston Paden
in this book full of gentle handed illustration's and sparkling photos of the spectacular things in a princess' life the little princess is only accustomed to what is within her castles walls and doesn't know whats going on outside of them, until she sees what is outside turns her world upside down.
Id show this to my kids in the classroom to give them perspective of someone has it worst then them.
Donnie Smith