Start by marking “Sunset Surrender (The Slades of Sunset Ranch, #1; Rich Rugged Ranchers #1)” as Want to Read:
Sunset Surrender (The Slades of Sunset Ranch, #1; Rich Rugged Ranchers #1)

Sunset Surrender (The Slades of Sunset Ranch #1)

3.68  ·  Rating details ·  116 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
"You don't belong here, Sophia."
Sophia Montrose is no stranger to Sunset Ranch. Not after the scorching kiss Logan Slade once shared with the alluring Spanish beauty in high school. Now she's back—to claim a share of his family's Nevada spread. Logan wants to hate her. After all, she's a Montrose.

Sophia hasn't forgotten that stolen moment with Logan—even if it was part of
Published January 2nd 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Sunset Surrender, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sunset Surrender

Jessie
Dec 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: night-owl-review
Charlene Sands was able to pack her pages with a lot of emotional depth to her characters. The only reason why I didn't rate this book higher was that it felt like it was missing a scene (to the hero's emotional journey) -- readers will understand why the hero had hard feelings and why he was a jerk to her (so many times) but she took him back before some much needed graveling or something to level the playing field. Charlene is a talented writer and I can't wait to read Luke's story.
Cheryl
Jan 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Charlene Sands always writes with deep emotion and Sunset Surrender was no exception.
Fernanda
☺ bem, foi engraçadito mas nada de especial.
já li outras histórias melhores da autora, esta ficou um ligeiro vazio, a espera de mais alguma coisa que tornasse a leitura mais empolgante.
Susan
Dec 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Very good book. Sophia was left part ownership in the Sunset Lodge by Logan's father, who had had an affair with Sophia's mom while she was manager of the lodge. Logan is angry because he blames the affair on Sophia's mom and thinks that Sophia is just like her. Sophia is happy to be back on the ranch where she had been very happy growing up. She is dismayed by Logan's coldness and attitude but is determined to make her time at the Lodge work. Another thing she didn't expect was the strong attra ...more
Mem
D2205 Jan2013 Rich, Rugged Ranchers. Logan Slade never wanted to see Sofia Montrose. Now she's back and 1/2 owner of Sunset Lodge due to his father's will. Her past to help her mother after they left the ranch is a detriment to Luke. The big problem is that Sophie's mother and his father loved each other. His mother married his father when she turned up pregnant with Luke. It also combined two large ranches. Thorn in Logan's is that Sophia and his younger brother are best friends.
Trudy Miner
Jul 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
When Sophia Montrose returns to Sunset Ranch to claim her half of the resort left to her as her inheritance, she faces the wrath of Logan Slade who despises her for many reasons. What simmers between the surface though is a stolen kiss when they were teenagers and an attraction that hasn't died. So when circumstances keep throwing them together, Sophia and Logan are forced to work out their differences and in the process find out that they are in love with each other.
Toniette
Nov 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Well if I was him, I would have been scarred for life. That was just disturbing to be a kid and walk in on your dad having sex w/ someone who isn't your mom in the barn. Can I say GROSS? I don't know about you but I wouldn't want to see my dad's wobbly bits. How about you? Throw in an elementary stalker, jealousy, and romance where the guy doesn't want to admit that he is love, then we got ourselves a good story.
Fedora
Feb 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Logan and Sophia both grew up on the Slade Ranch, but Logan's always seen Sophia's mother as a homewrecker and his negative opinion now extends to Sophia. But Sophia's now inherited half the guest lodge from Logan's dad, and they can't exactly avoid each other.

Sparks fly a plenty, and they lead to a conflagration that consumes them both, in a good way :)
Debbie
Feb 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Read on Kindle.
Janine
Feb 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Hot and spicy like a bowl of Kickin' Kitchen's chili. I enjoyed reading this book. It made me want to go out and find my own cowboy.
Penney
Jan 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Brillent story! I loved this, I am looking forward to the rest of the series,
Gail
Feb 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who like a good romance
Great story! I read this in one sitting! Logan and Sophia are two people who don't know whats good for them. ;-)
Robin
Jun 06, 2017
Pcch2345
Mar 22, 2017
Charlene Sands
Feb 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
giemalyn
Ns2np5
rated it it was ok
Oct 27, 2013
Rongrong
rated it did not like it
Apr 26, 2015
Nov 05, 2016
Carrie Browell
Feb 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Rumor Has It (Texas Cattleman’s Club: A Missing Mogul #2)
  • A Tangled Affair (The Pearl House #2)
  • In the Rancher's Arms (Rich Rugged Ranchers #4)
  • Honorable Intentions (The Landis Brothers #5; Wingmen Warriors #15; Landis/Renshaw)
  • A Real Cowboy (Rich Rugged Ranchers #2)
  • An After-Hours Affair (Texas Cattleman's Club: The Showdown #3)
  • In His Brother's Place
  • A Very Private Merger (Dynasties: The Kincaids. #6)
  • Expecting the CEO's Child
  • The Nanny Trap
  • The Sheikh's Claim (Desert Nights #2)
  • The Deeper the Passion...
  • How to Seduce a Billionaire (Duke Brothers #3)
  • On the Verge of I Do (Dynasties: The Kincaids #4)
  • Undeniable Demands (Secrets of Eden, #1)
  • Caught in the Spotlight (Hollywood, #1)
  • Caroselli's Christmas Baby (The Caroselli Inheritance #1)
Charlene Sands is a USA Today Bestselling author writing 35 contemporary and western historical romances. Her books have been honored with the National Readers' Choice Award, the Cataromance Reviewer’s Choice Award and she's a two time recepient of the Booksellers Best Award. She's an active member of Romance Writers of America and belongs to the Orange County Chapter and the Los Angeles Chapter o ...more
More about Charlene Sands...

The Slades of Sunset Ranch (4 books)
  • Sunset Seduction (The Slades of Sunset Ranch, #2)
  • The Secret Heir of Sunset Ranch (The Slades of Sunset Ranch, #3)
  • Redeeming the CEO Cowboy (The Slades of Sunset Ranch. #4)