Start by marking “More Peas, Thank You” as Want to Read:
More Peas, Thank You

More Peas, Thank You

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  120 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
More of the recipeas you love

There's no gimmick here.

You really can teach your family to love their veggies. That the best foods don't come with a special prize inside. That health doesn't come in a package or have a nutrition label.

Sarah Matheny, creator of the popular blog and the New York Times bestselling book Peas and Thank You, returns with even more mouthwatering re
Published March 26th 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about More Peas, Thank You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about More Peas, Thank You

Yolanda
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorites!
Kim H.
Mar 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Sarah Matheny's More Peas, Thank You should come with a warning label: DO NOT READ IF HUNGRY!

I received a free copy via Goodreads.com's First Reads giveaway and tucked it into my bag to take to work and read while overseeing my community college's library circulation desk. I had eaten a light lunch and found my mouth watering over the fabulous photos of prepared dishes. As I read Matheny's delightful anecdotes which accompany the 85+ delectable recipes, my stomach growled.

I have been toying wit
Charlita
Mar 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My teen daughter decided to go vegetarian last year but do not like a lot of the pre-packaged veggie meals (black bean burgers, fake chicken patties, etc.). This cookbook was a blessing for me because it contains a lot of delicious recipes that my whole family can enjoy. My favorites are the oatmeal cookie granola, pb&j smoothie, and the meatless meatloaf. I also enjoyed the stories that Sarah included with every recipe.
Lori M.
Mar 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
A vegetarian cookbook with cute stories. Some of the recipes look very good, others have ingredients that I don't really care for (I'm not a vegetarian, but I do try to eat no meat a few days each week). I like that the recipes contain substitutions if you are eating dairy-free (the recipes were created with eating dairy-free as well, but I cook with dairy). Can't wait to try a few of the recipes!
Tiffany Heater
Aug 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
What a cute vegetarian cookbook! My stomach was growling as I poured through this today. I am very excited to try some of the new recipes in this cookbook. I love that the author provides both a vegan and vegetarian option!

I received a free copy of this cookbook through a First Reads giveaway on Goodreads.com
Abcdarian
Inviting book: amusing anecdotes, good quality paper, excellent pictures & layout. Won as a Goodreads First Read. Not being vegetarian, most of the recipes will get limited use, but some are definitely interesting!
Christine
Apr 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Excellent vegetarian recipes that are easy to prepare and will be adored by kids and adults alike. Don't miss the Just Like Mom's Meatless Meatloaf or the S'mores Bread Pudding. Really a great cookbook.
Christine K
Apr 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Good follow up to her first book Peas and Thank You. More of similar recipes. Everything I've tried has been good but there are a few things I'm probably never going to make. Clear instructions and food comes out as it should. Cute stories throughout the book... she was a blogger first.
Danica
Jun 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to everyone who loves to cook and loves to laugh. Sarah is a fantastic writer - the perfect combination of sweet and endearing with humor and wit. I can't wait to try all of the recipes!!
Nancy
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: food, cookbook
I picked this up as a recommendation from someone else, and it was a good book to flip through. I'm not a vegetarian, but there were a couple of recipes I did write down for myself (the baked kale chips and a basic brussels sprouts recipe).
Margie Young
Feb 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
So many great recipes !!! I'm learning so much , eating better and feeling better about what I serve my family.My favorite recipe so far is Chocolate Cherry Cashew Bars...so easy to make and they are wonderful !! Thank you Goodreads for this book that I won.
Ira Therebel
Mar 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Thanks for the book! I am very happy. I will rate it and write a review after I cook some of the recipes. So far it is very promising. Great layout and some awesome recipes that I didn't see before! Looking forward to deliciousness :)
Jessi
Aug 26, 2013 rated it it was ok
I think I would like these books more if each recipe wasn't preceded by a long-winded story from the author's life. Anecdotes are fine and all, but hers are generally quite excessive.
Jeff
Mar 18, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013-reads
I won this copy via Goodreads Giveaway.

This is a vegetarian cookbook with a lot of wonderful recipes. It does a good job of providing substitues to certain ingredients.
Cathy
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
By far one of the most entertaining cookbooks I've ever read. When was the last time a cookbook made you laugh out loud? Can't wait to try so many of these recipes.
Colleenish
Jan 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-fun, non-fiction
Lots of yummy vegetarian recipes and funny stories. Only a little condescension which is pretty good for a vegan/vegetarian book.
J
May 08, 2013 rated it liked it
I won this in a Goodreads Giveaway.

Some great finds!
Mar 31, 2014
Monica
May 23, 2013
Claudia Montanez
rated it did not like it
Apr 16, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Home-Cooked Vegan Comfort Food: More Than 200 Belly-Filling, Lip-Smacking Recipes
  • Chloe's Vegan Desserts: More than 100 Exciting New Recipes for Cookies and Pies, Tarts and Cobblers, Cupcakes and Cakes--and More!
  • Party Vegan: Fabulous, Fun Food for Every Occasion
  • Live Raw: Raw Food Recipes for Good Health and Timeless Beauty
  • Vegan for the Holidays
  • Spork-Fed: Super Fun and Flavorful Vegan Recipes from the Sisters of Spork Foods
  • Vive le Vegan!: Simple, Delectable Recipes for the Everyday Vegan Family
  • Homemade Doughnuts: Techniques and Recipes for Making Sublime Doughnuts in Your Home Kitchen
  • Smart Chefs Stay Slim: Lessons in Eating and Living from America's Best Chefs
  • Vegan Food Gifts: Spread the Vegan Love DIY-Style with 100 Inspired Recipes for Homemade Baked Goods, Preserves, and Other Edible Gifts Everyone Will Love
  • The Sexy Vegan Cookbook: Extraordinary Food from an Ordinary Dude
  • Eat Vegan on $4.00 a Day
  • Vegan Slow Cooking for Two or Just for You: More than 100 Delicious One-Pot Meals for Your 1.5-Quart/Litre Slow Cooker
  • The Beauty Detox Foods: Discover the Top 50 Beauty Foods That Will Transform Your Body and Reveal a More Beautiful You
  • Jazzy Vegetarian Classics: Vegan Twists on American Family Favorites
  • Betty Goes Vegan: Over 500 Classic Recipes for the Modern Family
  • Vegan Holiday Kitchen: More than 200 Delicious, Festive Recipes for Special Occasions
  • Made With Love: The Meals On Wheels Family Cookbook

$19.99 $2.99
  • The Success Principles: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be
  • The Taste of Air
    $9.99 $3.49
  • The Lord God Made Them All (All Creatures Great and Small, #4)
    $17.99 $1.99