Start by marking “Saveur Easy Italian: 30 Classic Recipes” as Want to Read:
Saveur Easy Italian: 30 Classic Recipes

Saveur Easy Italian: 30 Classic Recipes

From the editors of America’s favorite culinary magazine, Easy Italian features 30 recipes for authentic classics like soulful minestrone soup, seasonal pasta, and luscious panna cotta. Learn how joyfully simple Italian fare is to prepare—and create dishes that yield deeply flavorful results using simple recipes and items you likely have on hand. Easy Italian also includes ...more
Published April 16th 2013 by Weldon Owen (first published November 21st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Saveur Easy Italian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saveur Easy Italian

Christa
Jul 20, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook-arc
This is a beautiful little cookbook with some great Italian recipes. I loved the colorful illustrations, and thought that the directions were helpful and easy to follow. I liked the part of the book called "The Italian Pantry," where ingredients used in Italian cooking were described, and the inclusion of wine pairings was also nice. I believe that this book would make a good addition to the cookbook collection of anyone who is interested in trying some Italian dishes.

I tried six of the recipes
Joanne
Dec 07, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just looking at the full-colour photos of 'SAVEUR Easy Italian' made my mouth water. The book is well laid out with various interesting facts and information dotted throughout. There is a photo step-by-step guide for one recipe; I would like to have seen more of these as this one certainly helped me.

The book even gives wine suggestions for the meals, which I think is a great touch. The recipes aren't suitable for vegetarians (although the photos might tempt some to eat meat) or novice cooks, but
Deborah Blanchard
May 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
These recipes are so delicious. You must check out this cookbook!
Tricia Chaves
Nice recipes for several pastas, soups, salads and desserts. Mostly easy-to-find ingredients.
Tammy W (TexasTammy)
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it

What a great little cookbook, with 30 recipes and full color photos of amazing Italian recipes. Saveur gives quick introduction to the food, cooking tips, wine pairings and serving suggestions. Some recipes have photo step by step guides. Some recipes may not be suitable for beginner cooks, but if you like Italian and enjoy cooking you may enjoy Saveur Easy Italian. A great kitchen addition for Foodies. Three and a half star
Alexander Petkovski
Many of Italy's most satisfying foods are also some of the world's simplest to prepare.
This is one of the first cooking books I'm reviewing. Saveur Easy Italian has lots of tradicional Italian recipes that everyone needs to know. I made several of them. I personally like lighter meals so the Sauteed Greens, the Venetian Spring Risotto and the Vegetable soup were my favourite. Also, every cook should know hot to prepare Spaghetti with meatballs and Pasta with tomatoes.
Another thing I loved about
Jan 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
SAVEUR Easy Italian is a short but pretty primer with 30 Italian dishes. The pictures are beautiful, and the instructions come with a quick introduction to the food. There are some recipes that are familiar, and some that are totally new; some come from established chefs and others come from restaurants in Italy, carrying that tinge of authenticity. I look forward to trying some of these recipes.

I received a copy of this via Netgalley.
ceeeeg
Jun 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
an emphasis on easy, not something Italian dishes are always known for, which makes this a great cookbook for those that love Italian fare but do not have the time or the skills of a master chef to achieve...some ingredients may be unfamiliar to tha average cook, and/or difficult to find in your local grocery, but overall, i found this a very accessible and approachable cookbook...
Naomi
May 09, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I reviewed this for Netgalley. There were only a small number of recipes in this book I would make. I thought it was a bit heavy on the fish recipes, which I am not a huge fish eater, versus meat, so it probably wouldn't be a book I would purchase. Plus, this book only has about 30 recipes in it so it is a much smaller cookbook.
Deidre
Apr 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick and easy Italian dishes from eggplant parmesan to minestrone soup. This book by the editors of Saveur covers many of the Italian favorites including a rich Bolognese sauce and zabaglione. It's all basic, simple and absolutely delicious.
Amy
Nov 20, 2016 rated it did not like it
Not much in here that I would make.
Laura Gause
Dec 18, 2017
Lucy
rated it did not like it
May 15, 2019
Chande
Stephanie
Darcee Kraus

• Raw Energy Bar Invasion: 50 Fruit and Nut Bar Recipes
  • Mighty Spice Express Cookbook: Fast, Fresh, and Full-on Flavors from Street Foods to the Spectacular
  • An Apple A Day: 365 Recipes with Creative Crafts, Fun Facts, and 12 Recipes from Celebrity Chefs Inside!
  • Cooking Mexican: How to Cook with Authentic Mexican Recipes
  • Liquid Raw: Over 125 Juices, Smoothies, Soups, and other Raw Beverages
  • Kitchen Workshop-Pizza: Hands-on Cooking Lessons for Making Amazing Pizza at Home
  • Wicked Good Burgers: Fearless Recipes and Uncompromising Techniques for the Ultimate Patty
  • Soup of the Day (Williams-Sonoma): 365 Recipes for Every Day of the Year
  • The Rawvolution Continues: The Living Foods Movement in 150 Natural and Delicious Recipes
  • The Quinoa Quookbook
  • Weeknight Gluten Free (Williams-Sonoma): Simple, healthy meals for every night of the week
  • Farm Girl Country Cooking: Hearty Meals for the Active Family
  • The Kitchen Garden Cookbook: Fresh and simple meals from your own hands
  • The Essential Good Food Guide: The Complete Resource for Buying and Using Whole Grains and Specialty Flours, Heirloom Fruit and Vegetables, Meat and Poultry, Seafood, and More
  • The Pickled Pantry: From Apples to Zucchini, 185 Recipes for Pickles, Relishes, Chutneys & More
  • The Flavorful Kitchen Cookbook: 101 Amazing Ingredient Flavor Combinations (Reprint of The Cook's Book of Intense Flavors)
  • Paleo Sweets and Treats: Seasonally Inspired Desserts that Let You Have Your Cake and Your Paleo Lifestyle, Too
  • The Dollop Book of Frosting: Sweet and Savory Icings, Spreads, Meringues, and Ganaches for Dessert and Beyond