Start by marking “The Young and the Ruthless: Back in the Bubbles” as Want to Read:
The Young and the Ruthless: Back in the Bubbles

The Young and the Ruthless: Back in the Bubbles

New York Times bestselling author and beloved actress Victoria Rowell delivers another hilarious and shocking send-up of the soap opera world, featuring Calysta Jeffries, the unstoppable diva of daytime drama.

As we learned from Victoria Rowell’s smash hit Secrets of a Soap Opera Diva, no one gets in the way of leading lady Calysta Jeffries. Now, after a brief stint in dr
Published March 5th 2013 by Atria Books

Paul
Feb 20, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was about halfway through this book when I misplaced it. I started and finished another book, then found this one again. I have something of a fan crush on Ms. Rowell after seeing her on "Diagnosis Murder" and the cover art of this book would get any fan's attention.

The book is just OK. Ms. Rowell has an intelligent sense of humor that makes this book an easy read, but the world of soap opera is not really one of my interests and the plot lacks any compelling event or focus. Her earlier work
Tonya Johnson
Jun 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book about the soap workd

I read the first installment some time ago and looked forward to reading this. I could recognize a few of the fictional characters as real live actors or staff of previous soaps. Hope the next installment is just as roof
Nov 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-ebooks

I am a big fan of The Young & The Restless (the soap opera). And I remember watching Victoria Rowell as Drucilla Winters on the show. She was full of spunk just like the character Calysta in this book/series.

I love the idea of this book. Even though it's supposed to be fiction, as a soap opera fan you always secretly hope that some of it is based on the author's actual experiences. For instance the character who runs the soap in this book reminds me a lot of Y&R creator Bill Bell.

I found
Ebony
Feb 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction
I am a Victoria Rowell fan. I am. I read her because I loved watching her on The Young and the Restless. I loved Secrets of a Soap Opera Diva, but The Rich and the Ruthless under delivered in it’s over the top camp. In the first few pages, I was bombarded with characters who I didn’t remember. The first book dropped in 2010. Do you know how much I’ve read since then? Hell, I’ve written a book since then. Because this book starts in the middle of the story, it’s going to lose a huge potential aud ...more
Tracy
Jun 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ok, it took me a while to get into the first book and I was thinking it was going to be the same with the second, but no, as soon as I started it I couldn't put it down. It felt like I was back watching Y&R and couldn't wait to read what was going to happen next. Can't wait for the next one.
Anita Dawson
Sep 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Soap opera star, Calysta Jeffries is back and not everyone is happy about it. More secrets from the behind the scenes comedy...
Arica
Nov 06, 2013 rated it liked it
A quick lil' sudsy treat. Although fiction, I'm sure much of it isn't far from the "real" world of making soap operas.
Katherine
Nov 15, 2013
Shaconda Warren
Feb 26, 2014
Abby Jean
rated it did not like it
Feb 01, 2014
Chelsea
Oct 27, 2013
Gabrielle Blockton
Nov 10, 2013
Vicki "Victoria" Lynn Rowell is an American actress and dancer. She is known for two high profile television roles: Drucilla Winters on the daytime drama The Young and the Restless, and her primetime role as Dick Van Dyke's medical examiner, assistant and pathologist, Dr. Amanda Bentley, on Diagnosis: Murder.