Start by marking “Zom-B City” as Want to Read:
Zom-B City

Zom-B City

(Zom-B #3)

How many survived the zombie apocalypse?Where do the living hide in a city of the dead?

Who controls the streets of London?

B Smith is setting out to explore...
Published March 14th 2013 by Simon & Schuster UK (first published January 1st 2013)

Start your review of Zom-B City
Miranda Reads
Nov 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-series, audiobook
B. Smith - part-time derelict snot and full-time zombie

Roughly six months after the apocalypse has come and gone, and a few days after B's escape from the government facility, B sets off to explore what's left of London. Annd, that's pretty much it.

There's a few fun moments, such as when B discovers the extent of her zombie powers or when she meets the undead baby for the first time. Darren Shan does (as always) a great job interweaving the macabre into his stories - I couldn't have been the
Kimberley doruyter
it's wonderful how the books are a continuos story rather then just sequels.
Adeeb
Oct 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
That cover is BEAUTIFUL! Extremely creepy and well-designed!

After reading:

As all the other Zom-B books, I loved this one. I really did. It was a very good story. And that cliffhanger, AHHH! I need Zom-B Angels now!
Faseeh Ilahi
Mar 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook
So I just finished Zom-B City by Darren Shah.

It's the 3rd book in the Zom-B series.

Rating: 3.5/5🌟

If you guys haven't read the first 2 book then stop reading this coz It might spoil those book for you.

The story starts where the 2nd book ended, when Brian got out of the military underground complex and now she is in the abandoned city of london crawling with mindless dead zombies.

This book story is basically how Brian struggled with the city zombies and how she dealt with them.

This book also te
Paul
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
The continuation of this story is intriguing. I wasnt sure the setup would sustain but little twists and well set up scenario keeps this a very good read.
And if more people read it they'll belive me when I say clowns are bloody evil and should ve avoided at all costs.
Ninth
May 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Shansters, Zombie fanatics, People who like GROSS stuff!
Recommended to Ninth by: Numey Berry (She sent me the first two books, thats the reason I'm onto this third book)
Weird Underground Complex where many revitaliseds and reviveds were being experimented upon... Something went zeriouzly wrong!

Anyway, our badass protagonist B made it out! Zooray!

So- B is out. B is free. B is free to explore - THE CITY!

Welcome to London, B's City. As readers who've read the previous book well know, it's been more than 6 months since the Zombies attacked the school and many other locations. So, naturally, with so many bones-sticking-out-of-their-hands-and-toes, awesome-nose-and-e
Jamie
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series is really improving! B's interactions in this book are so insanely varied. We meet all sorts of new characters. The religious group is the typical religious fanatics that actually cracked me up. The artist with a very unique perspective not to mention the two different factions B is stuck between. Hunters and the zombies and mutants.
This set the stage for the world a bit better but no real understanding of the who, what, when or why and that is driving me nuts!
theBookDevourer
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
It's getting better! I still don't like B and there's possibly too many players in it but ... I'm enjoying it enough to keep reading!
Natalie
Nov 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Clare
May 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 out of 5 stars

I like Darren Shan's books. I have since I was in school and discovered The Demonata series. I was one of the few kids genuinely excited when my school offered me and a few others in my English class the chance to go see him in person at a Waterstones talk when Hell's Heroes was released. I still have the signed book plate from the event.

So when the Zom-B series was released I was excited. I loved zombie stories and having something new was amazing.

I've already said my thoughts
Odette Brethouwer
Jun 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: inbezit, 2020
I loved this setting much more than I did the setting of the second book. Therefore, I enjoyed everything a bit more. I liked the action, and I liked the developments in the story and the world.

Oh and that little story after the note from the author.. that was just gross! But hey, it's Darren Shan, so what else to expect (:
Sharon Mariampillai
Actual Rating: 3.25

This was an okay read. This was an improvement from book 2 and a definite improvement from book 1. I am now interested to see where this story might go. I think the characters and the writing got better in this book. Hopefully it continues to get better. I think this series has the potential to be a good one. The ending was good. I can't wait to read Book 4. I heard that book 4 is where the story really begins, so I can't wait. Overall, an alright read.
Ariel
Apr 15, 2017 rated it liked it
I feel like this series has been solid three star books the entire time and I think that's largely because they are so darn short. I know I should be reviewing even easier because of this, but it really impacts the quality of the story itself.
B still hasn't done much. We have quite a few interesting characters that are short lived (some literally). But other than her running around the sitting and her running into the "owl man" after, not much has happened. How many books are even in this serie
Sara
Jun 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Fantastic, a page turner :) am eagerly awaiting for book #4
Kori Elliott
Nov 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Honestly, this book was great. I'm still missing Shan's old writing style but this is just a fantastic book. I can't wait to continue reading this series!
Erin
Jul 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
B escapes the underground complex and stumbles into a city overrun by zombies. She catches radio transmissions about an escape attempt and decides to give herself over to the military as an aid. The escape attemtp is botched by Mr. Dowling with the humans being massacred and Z barely escapes him. She wanders around injured until she follows a series of Zs.
Apip
Apr 26, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, english, gore
This one is quite slow though but I guess it was intended to be. Only at the end the plot started to took off and looks interesting.

Hoping for a much more interesting plot for the next one.
Ashlyn
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Imagine this. You're strolling through whatever the zombie equivalent of a "park on a nice day" is, having a good, reasonable, zombie-filled time, when you round a corner, and there's a horrific scene playing in front of you. And I mean horrific to someone who's become accustomed to zombies. That's how this book plays out. It's a joyful zombie experience for about two thirds of the book, and then you're slapped in the face with all the scary bad things. And Darren Shan does it all delightfully.
Sally Kruger
When all hell breaks loose in the underground science lab containing the revitalized zombies, B is miraculously able to escape. After witnessing the flame throwers, chainsaws, and other instruments of violence used against the revived zombies and any humans unlucky enough to get in the way, B is determined to find somewhere to hole up by herself.

Dressed in multiple layers, wearing sunglasses and an Australian-style Outback hat, she is able to withstand the sunlight enough to head toward home. B
Natalie
Apr 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
Book Mitch
3.5

This book feels like an interlude. Since the books in this series are so short, it's almost like Darren Shan is catching us up on what the city is like while B has been busy. Sort of like, a day in the life of a lucid zombie. But boy these cliff-hangers get me every time! I will for sure read the next book!
Arra LeBlanc
Jul 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
Yet more twists and turns in this wonderful series. Darren Shan keeps you guessing, keeps you on your toes, but also let’s you glide along at ease with the story. I’m never disappointed with where he takes his novels
Clover Lemke
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
It was good just like the first two books, but it got pretty weird. I guess I'll just have to read the rest to make sense of all of it.
Cinthia
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Haley
Apr 12, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 04-2017
Jacobroberts
Dec 10, 2019 rated it liked it
The book Zom-B City by Darren Shaun is a somewhat good book. This book is the third of it’s series, Zom-B and Zom-B Underground being the first two. It takes place right where book number two stops. This book is obviously is in the city where as book one was mainly at the school and the main characters house, and two was underground in a facility where they kept all the zombies that they were testing. Once B Smith, the main character, escaped the holding facility she wakes up barely able to see ...more
Books And  Chocaholic
This is the third instalment in the series and not only has B had no further progress in their redemption arc they have fully transitioned into hero mode. This series is good at what it does I'll certainly give it that. The use of abuse and racism only for shock value however, is incredibly dismaying. My nostalgia for the author and the hope he'll do the right thing keeps me going, though it's dwindling. I will read the whole series there's no use denying it, the "Zom-B"part of the story is very ...more
16chatfieldj
Mar 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Robin
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
This series is really growing on me. I'm enjoying seeing the world development going on, and this novel especially made me want to keep reading. It's an interesting Zombie world that Darren Shan has created here, with lots of secret motives and mystery plots going on.
Jenn
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
These books always pull me in. They move so quickly and never fail to surprise. I can’t wait to read the next one.

• Slappy Birthday to You (Goosebumps SlappyWorld, #1)
  • The Disconnect
  • Thirteen Storeys
  • I, Ada: Ada Lovelace: Rebel. Genius. Visionary
  • Difficult Women: A History of Feminism in 11 Fights
  • Potkin and Stubbs (Potkin and Stubbs #1)
  • Egg Monsters from Mars (Goosebumps, #42)
  • The Coldest Thug Ever: A Thug's Rise
  • Secret Weapon
  • True (Elixir, #3)
  • Illicit
  • Divided Souls (Darke Academy, #3)
  • His to Command (His to Command, #1-6)
  • Ricky Ricotta Y El Poderoso Robot (Ricky Ricotta, #1)
  • Kian (The Boundarylands, #1)
  • Show and Tell
  • The Gigantic Turnip
  • Ricky Ricotta's Mighty Robot vs. the Jurassic Jackrabbits from Jupiter (Ricky Ricotta, #5)
Librarian's note: Also writes books for adults under the name Darren Dash. And in the past he has released books for adults under the names D.B. Shan and Darren O'Shaughnessy.

Darren Shan (born July 2, 1972 in London, England) is the pen name of the Irish author Darren O'Shaughnessy, as well as the name of the protagonist of his book series The Saga of Darren Shan, also known as The Cirque Du Freak

Zom-B (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Zom-B