Start by marking “A Gift of Family (Sawyers #3)” as Want to Read:
A Gift of Family (Sawyers #3)

A Gift of Family

(Sawyers #3)

INSPIRATIONAL ROMANCE
Book 3-The Sawyers

A man with secrets, ex-soldier Seth Hansen comes to the small town of Harland, North Carolina, to heal. The last thing he wants is to get involved—with the community, or with lovely waitress Lisa Sawyer, who has big dreams of leaving Harland. When a massive storm hits, it will take a dramatic rescue, and Lisa’s unshakable belief, to w
Paperback, Large Print, 288 pages
Published November 13th 2012 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about A Gift of Family, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Gift of Family

Hannah
This is a pleasant tale of a veteran coming home to find his place after years of recon have left his buddies dead and his body scarred. He doesn't know who he is anymore, but one thing he can do is help his aunt with her renovations, so he heads to Harland to help her out.

The small town feel really seemed authentic in this story. I liked reading about everyone coming into the diner, about Gus, and about the family and even the family pets, and about Lisa's ultra-protective brothers.

The one thin
Tima
Nov 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Seth came to Harland, NC to help his aunt renovate her apartments. As an ex-soldier, he was also hoping the small town would help him heal.
Lisa works at his aunts' diner in hopes that she'll soon have enough money to leave Harland.
The Christmas spirit and God's amazing grace help bring this romantic story together.

The main characters were interesting and relate able. The subject of PTSD was handled well and tastefully. I really enjoyed this story. I found it fun and refreshing after some of the
Scarlet Fanning
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Seth Hansen is a veteran recovering from his last mission, where he was the only surviver. After two years at his parent's home, he goes to Harland, NC, to redo his Aunt Ruth's apartments above her diner.

Lisa Sawyer is a waitress in the diner, who befriends Seth. She appears to have a calming effect on Seth slowly bringing him in the community and refinding his sense of humor.

Seth lost his faith on his last mission, so when a storm comes to town, he finds himself in the awkward position of hea
Kathleen Nalley
Dec 30, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2017-books-read
Thought a happy ending Christmas book was a good idea - NOT. Poor writing is poor writing.
Angie Maniaci
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A time for family

What I liked best about this book was the Christmastime romance between Lisa and Seth. I really enjoy stories like this.
Mar 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
Erica
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction, romance
I was looking forward to reading about Seth and Lisa because they seemed to be lovable characters within the community. However I wasn't really into it. I would recommend it to people who really enjoy love stories that are easy going, slow-paced, and to cat lovers.

Mia Ross's character descriptions were great but I didn't feel they match their actions and subsequent responses. Overall, their relationship never developed into anything relatable and believable to me personally. It fell flat and was
Diana
Nov 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Third book in a series. I received the first book in this series from Goodread's Giveaways, and I just fell in love with this author. This book focuses on the youngest in the family Lisa and her friendship/romance with a soldier with PTSD. The Faith aspect is dealt with honestly and wholeheartedly by people who practice what they preach. It's refreshing to see Christian belief's spoken about as it is in this book. As someone who's not a Christian myself, I enjoyed the book completely, as it didn ...more
Madelyn
Dec 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A Gift Of Family is a great Christmas read that has you rooting for the hero Seth, a battered military man who is fighting to fit in and be the man he once was. Lisa, an under appreciated artist uses her charm, smile, and patient spirit to woo Seth back to the world of the living. I like how Ross has Lisa and Seth slowly but surely become friends as Seth begins to trust Lisa well before they become romantically involved. Lisa just sneaks beneath his skin and into his heart with her determined ma ...more
Michelle
Feb 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Family
Book 3

Lisa Sawyer is the youngest of the four siblings. She has always been babies, and feels like nobody ever takes her seriously. She lives in town with her cat and works at the cafe, but she has plans to travel to Europe.

Seth has come to Harland to heal in ways he doesn't even think possible. He was in a secret mission in the military and can't talk about what happened, but he suffers from PTSD and is trying to learn to live again. Who would know that Sweet Lisa Sawyer is just the gal t
Brittany
Nov 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-won
I received this book through the First Reads giveaway program on Goodreads.

This was a great read! I zipped through it in one day and fell in love with the characters. The character of Seth Hansen was wonderfully done, a soldier struggling with his past, looking to find himself ends up in the small, close-knit town of Harland, North Carolina. There he meets Lisa Sawyer, a bubbly waitress with big dreams who is unlike anyone he has ever known.
Pamela
Nov 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-with-heart
This was a darling book! I won it in a good reads Giveaway & I'm so glad I did.. I Loved it so much I bought a Copy for my Nook! The Characters of Seth & Lisa make for a Very Sweet Read... This is a book you could rush through & read in 1 afternoon But I strongly advise taking a little bit more time.. It is a beautiful Story Just in Time for the Christmas season... & I think it would touch Many people's heartstrings...It touched my heart. Very excited to read more by Mia Ross!
June
Nov 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Another fine book about those who fight for our freedoms and the things they go through after the battle. I really enjoyed this book and how Lisa was able to bring such a change about in Seth's life. Very enjoyable book.
Ann Torrey
Nov 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book was awesome interesting from beginning to end. Just the type of romance I like, really enjoyed it. Keep up the great work Mia Ross!!!!
Karen
Jun 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Seth Hansen is rehabbing some apartments for his Aunt Ruthy as he heals from his injuries in the military. Can the town of Harland and the waitress, Lisa help his healing process?
Kristin
Nov 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway. A sweet romance where two unlikely people find their way to each other with a little help from God. This was a light, easy read, happy ending book.
Christine
Nov 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
An amazing book loved it. A heart warming story.
Cynthia
It reminded me of my small town or many more I've come to know right her in Kansas with the church the center point of town & the many personalities ~ each one with our own story yet to be told.
Tammy Landy
Mary
Mar 03, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

• Second Chance in Dry Creek
  • Wyoming Sweethearts (Granger Family Ranch #6)
  • The Soldier's Newfound Family (Texas Twins, #5)
  • Season of Joy
  • Her Unforgettable Cowboy (Cowboys of Sunrise Ranch, #1)
  • Healing the Doctor's Heart (Home to Hartley Creek, #3)
  • Rancher's Refuge (Whisper Falls, #1)
  • The Fireman's Homecoming (Gordon Falls, #2)
  • Thanksgiving Groom (Alaskan Bride Rush #5)
  • Alaskan Hearts
  • Daddy Next Door (Noah's Crossing #4)
  • The Soldier's Sweetheart (Serendipity Sweethearts, #1)
  • Snowflake Sweethearts
  • Healing Hearts
Mia Ross loves great stories. She enjoys reading about fascinating people, long-ago times, and exotic places. But only for a little while, because her reality is pretty sweet. Married to her college sweetheart, she's the proud mom of two amazing kids whose schedules keep her hopping. Busy as she is, she can't imagine trading her life for anyone else's--and she has a pretty good imagination.

Sawyers (4 books)
  • Hometown Family (Sawyers #1)
  • Circle of Family (Sawyers #2)
  • A Place for Family (Sawyers #4)