Start by marking “A Baby For Christmas” as Want to Read:
A Baby For Christmas

A Baby For Christmas

(Brands of Montana #1)

The Other Twin Brother

Marine Captain Luke Brand has come home with one mission on his mind: to make amends with his identical twin brother's widow. They've never gotten along, but for the wounded soldier, establishing a connection with his yet-to-be-born nephew is a top priority—and failure is not an option. Still, he has to make peace without revealing his secret—that he'
Published November 13th 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about A Baby For Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Baby For Christmas

Susan
Excellent book with plenty of emotion. I loved both Luke and Sophia. Luke was home to recover from an injury and also to make up with his brother's widow. He has spent the last ten years hiding the fact that he's in love with her. Now that his brother is gone Luke is the closest her baby will have to his father. He spends the first week he is home alone with Sophia as they learn to deal with Daniel's death and try to forge a new friendship. Luke is a man who has never been good at sharing feelin ...more
K.
Nov 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It took me a day to read, because I bought it during the week when I was working, so I had window periods of reading time, otherwise like most Harlequin books, this was an easy read and could be read in a few hours.

I loved that Luke and Sophia's issues with each other or with life's curveballs have been keeping them apart for the majority of the book. It was like cat and mouse with the two, and it was cute. She was Miss Analytical and he was tough to break... Great job Joanna Sims.
Kate Dirty Girls' Good Books
Dec 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014
A Baby for Christmas by Joanna Sims
C-, ember, no kink, contemporary, holiday, 219

Luke is a wounded war veteran heading home to his family's ranch to recover. But he dreads what is waiting for him-his twin brother's pregnant widow Sophia. Luke's twin Dan died in the war right before Sophia found out she was pregnant. Luke is determined to be a part of the baby's life, even if it means battling the ten year attraction he's had for Sophia. With Luke's parents and brother away visiting family for Th
Janelle
Mar 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book and recommend it. It's Joanna Sims' 1st book and, wow, she's very talented! I've read her 2nd book as well and liked it even more. I look forward to the next book! I have a few favorite authors and she's definitely one of them! I plan to read all of her books!
Kobie
Mar 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
17% and I just met my pet peeve... the phrase "stark raving mad." not sure why, but it is so annoying to me! like the book so far, otherwise. 44%, there it is again. ugh, good thing I am into the story! ok. I finished it. it kept my attention, but wrapped a little quickly.
Coral
Jun 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Jena
Dec 08, 2012 rated it liked it
I'm admitting that I ONLY picked this one up as joke because the cover made me LOL - but then I read the sample excerpt and decided to give it a shot.

This was actually going REALLY well (In some TRULY weird way that I would never think "works" for me)... until the Mother-in-law showed up. And until heroine lays down the ultimatum of the hero leaving the Marine Corps...

Besides any other nit-picky-things that I didn't like - I would DEFINITELY read another book by Joanna Sims because I sank into
Elle (Ligia)
This book was actually way better than I expected. It has some you know, serious family drama, what with the hero being in love with his brother's widow, who is expecting a baby of said brother. I kept thinking will he be a dad or a uncle? xD LOL Okay, yeah I was being silly.

It was definitelly worth the read. It has some serious emotional twists and happy-omg-I-can't-stop-grinning moments. I think I would actually recommend it for the most part. If you're up for some romance, drama and heartbrea
Barbara
Apr 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
This is my first book by Ms. Sims and I can say I liked it. I enjoyed the characters as much as I did the back story/plot. It is never easy to lose someone and since my husband was Military I can relate to this book. Thanks for writing it!
Ashley Stoddard
Jun 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, romance
Really great story. I loved the build up from the very beginning. And the entire story that Luke had been in love with Sophia and only Sophia for the past decade only to have his twin fall for her as well.
Susan Dalley
Dec 05, 2012 rated it liked it
I found this frustrating. I wanted the characters together, and felt there was a lot of filler to get them there. I loved Barbs's wisdom and wished she had been in the book more.
Jesse Roth
Nov 04, 2017
Lily
Feb 19, 2016
Rodrigo
rated it did not like it
Nov 29, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »

• Must Like Kids
  • Soldier on Her Doorstep
  • Her Baby, His Proposal
  • Her Man in Manhattan (Brannigan, #3)
  • Eight Christmas Eves
  • Home for the Holidays
  • The Prince's Secret Baby (Bravo Royales, #1)
  • Hollywood Holiday (Red Carpet, #2)
  • The Wedding Gamble
  • Happily Ever Afton
  • His Secret Temptation
  • Listed: Volume IV (Listed, #4)
  • Angel Baby
  • Broken Wing (Requiem #0.5)
  • Before (Betwixt, #0.5)
  • One in a Billion (Home To Harbor Town, #4)
  • From Neighbors...to Newlyweds?
  • Second to No One (Second Kiss, #2)
Joanna Sims is proud to pen contemporary romance for Harlequin Special Edition. Joanna's series, The Brands of Montana, feature hard-working characters with hometown values. You are cordially invited to join The Brands of Montana as they wrangle their own happily-ever-afters! www.joannasimsromance.com.

Photography Credit: Orlando Photographer, Reveal Photo

Brands of Montana (10 books)
  • The One He's Been Looking For
  • Marry Me, Mackenzie! (Brands of Montana)
  • A Match Made In Montana
  • High Country Christmas
  • High Country Baby
  • Meet Me at the Chapel
  • Thankful for You
  • A Wedding to Remember (The Brands of Montana)
  • A Bride for Liam Brand