Start by marking “Samson” as Want to Read:

Samson

A powerful portrayal of a modern-day pastor’s dance with earthly desires—and the faith that makes him whole, inspired by the Biblical tale of Samson and Delilah.

Samson Taylor is a man of God—and most definitely no saint. The handsome, charismatic new assistant pastor at a thriving North Carolina church is controlled by his lust for beautiful women, a weakness that puts his
Published January 29th 2013 by Pocket Books (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Samson, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Samson

African Americans on the Move Book Club
Samson was called by God to preach his word and he knew it. He had come from a family of ministers and knew it was in his blood to teach the word of God, but somehow he was easily distracted. Money wasn’t an opposition in his life because he had plenty, but beautiful women were his downfall. Although he had a spiritual inside that wanted to do right, his fleshly outside caused him to do wrong. His desire for women made his life a living hell and left him with a lot of regrets.
After a failed mar
Monique Jackson
Aug 22, 2013 Monique Jackson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an amazing story!
OOSA
Jun 20, 2010 OOSA rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing Grace

Samson Taylor has just joined Hillside Baptist Church as an associate pastor under the leadership of his uncle, Zachariah. A known womanizer, Samson tried to flee his calling, but he could no longer deny that he was indeed called into the ministry. Afraid that his father’s curse with women would in some way destroy his life, as it had his parents, Samson vows that he would not live the same way. Now if he can just find a way to curb his lustful ways, life would be that much easier.
Diane Rembert
Aug 10, 2015 Diane Rembert rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a modern adaptation of Samson and Delilah from the Old Testament of the Bible threat turns out to be a beautiful love story. Throughout the book, the author teaches numerous lessons about adultery, fornication and forgiveness. I give it ⭐⭐⭐⭐because the ending was predictable. ...more
Tiffany
Jan 16, 2013 Tiffany rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-kindle-books
I really like this book. I like the way it ended where it wasn't a fairytale ending but a very realistic one. You will certainly have feelings for each of the characters. The book was really smooth not too fast night too slow. All in all a good book from one of my favorit authors
Destiny
Jul 11, 2010 Destiny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 11th-grade
By Jacquelin Thomas
ISBN# 978-1-4391-0940-3
pp.268

Samson is about 25 year old, Samson Taylor and his struggle to admit to his past sinssins and stop committing them and move on from them. This book is also about Mr. Taylor's struggle to have the strength to stop having sexual temptation and sexual relations with multiple women. And these relations Mr. Taylor had ended most of Mr. Taylor's sincere relationships he had with people. But what makes this book extra-ordinary is the fact that Mr. T
A'ndrea Wilson
Feb 13, 2012 A'ndrea Wilson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In Jacqueline Thomas’s Samson, we meet Samson Taylor, an anointed assistant pastor who can’t seem to control is flesh. The book’s plot parallels the biblical story of Samson, the infamous man who allows his desire for a woman to weaken him and almost thwart his calling from God. Thomas’s Samson is a modern day tale of lust, deception, revenge, destruction, and redemption.

Thomas pens an enjoyable read that keeps the reader coming back for more. The main character is well developed, causing an in
Sonya
Apr 02, 2013 Sonya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love how Jacquelin Thomas's books make you question what faith really is and how she accurately describes why people fear the church or do not go to church- the politics, the do as I say -not as I do mentality and actions. She always adds a little scandal a lot of real life and a person that is innately good but true of most Christians we are innately flawed. I love that she does not justify the flaws or condone the sins or sinners but she lets us know- everyone has something and we can all be ...more
Wendy
Sep 11, 2011 Wendy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jacquelin Thomas has done it again. She has made me fall in love with the characters and kept me turning the pages. This book is a great read for anyone. Sensual yet classy, Sexy but not raunchy. Good to the last drop. Jacqueline gives us the characters that we grew up reading stories about in Sunday school then adds a twist to make us understand more clearly that they were very much like some of the people that we know today. I can't wait to see what She will come up with next.
Carmen Blalock
Jul 08, 2010 Carmen Blalock rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sheila Peacock
Jul 08, 2014 Sheila Peacock rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The author revealed the real temptations of Samson who had to endure pains, trials, and tribulations to reach his true calling in ministry. On Samson's self discovery, he learns how to forgive others and forgive God. The story line shows us if you leave God out of your life you suffer the consequences of every action.
Diane Rembert
Every Man Has a Weakness

Belinda
Aug 30, 2015 Belinda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read by Jacquelin Thomas which I am rating 10. This book is so on point with the biblical story of Samson & Delilah. In fact the characters were named Samson & Delinda. This is a must read. I would read this book again. Filled with love and forgiveness. I'm not giving anything away. Read it!!!
Desiree Watson
This book was just like the story in the Bible. Samson had an affair and a baby with Delilah and the baby died because of their sin. Excellent read. Jacquelin Thomas is an excellent author. Read: 2010.
Kim
Ms. Thomas modern twist on various bibles stories makes me want to read my bible on a daily basis to learn more and more. I appreciate her take on these biblical tales and look forward to reading more.
Pamela Lewis
I love the way the author uses a biblical story and relates it to everyday life. The story was sweet, romantic, spiritual and funny at some points.
Phano
Jul 20, 2010 Phano rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Modern Day Samson
Dorothy
Oct 19, 2012 Dorothy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book from beginning to end, but the ending was a little weak. I was expecting a different ending, but it wasn't horrible or anything. I definitely recommend this book!
Chineka Williams
This was an enjoyable read in only a way that Jacquelin Thomas can write. She really delivered with this book.
Carol Hornsby-mccoy
Great read, be sure you know the story of Samson in the Bible. This book brings it into everyday life
Cheryl Durham
Cheryl Durham rated it really liked it
Mar 03, 2014
Shan
Shan rated it liked it
Sep 23, 2010
Sabrina
Sabrina rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2011
Ann
Ann rated it really liked it
May 31, 2010
Lisa Ruff
Lisa Ruff rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2011
Kymie
Kymie rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2013
CaSandra McLaughlin
CaSandra McLaughlin rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2016
LaShaunda
LaShaunda rated it did not like it
Jun 12, 2012
Nicole Hughes
Nicole Hughes rated it really liked it
Oct 07, 2012
  • Holy Rollers
  • Sins of the Mother
  • Heaven Forbid (Hallelujah Love #6)
  • AN Inconvenient Friend
  • Redeeming Waters
  • Last Temptation
  • Love, Honor, and Betray (Reverend Curtis Black, #8)
Jacquelin Thomas is an award winning, best selling author with 50+ titles published. Her books have garnered several awards, including two EMMA awards, the Romance In Color Reviewers Award, Readers Choice Award and the Atlanta Choice Award in the Religious & Spiritual category. Jacquelin was a 2005 honoree at the Houston Black Film Festival for the movie adaptation of her novel, Hidden Blessin ...more
More about Jacquelin Thomas...