Start by marking “Chasing the Prophecy (Beyonders, #3)” as Want to Read:
Chasing the Prophecy (Beyonders, #3)

Chasing the Prophecy

(Beyonders #3)

4.36  ·  Rating details ·  16,376 ratings  ·  1,153 reviews

Published March 12th 2013 by Aladdin

To ask other readers questions about Chasing the Prophecy, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Catherine ~All for the greater glory of God~
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  16,376 ratings  ·  1,153 reviews

Lindsey Rey
Nov 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Is there going to be a sequel series? BECAUSE I NEED A SEQUEL SERIES. I loved this so so so incredibly much and I'm not ready to let go of the awesomeness that is drinlings and displacers and the seedmen and THE FUTURE OF THIS WORLD. OMG.
Ahmad Sharabiani
Chasing the Prophecy (Beyonders, #3), Brandon Mull
Jason and Rachel were not born in Lyrian. They did not grow up in Lyrian. But after all of the battles and losses, the triumphs and adventures, and most of all, the friendships forged in this fantastical world, Lyrian has become home to them in a way they never could have imagined. And so, armed now with the prophecy of a dying oracle, they have gone on their separate quests—each surrounded by brave and powerful allies—knowing that the chance for
Blythe
Mar 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone and everyone
Recommended to Blythe by: myself
Words fail me. With The Candy Shop War, I smiled and laughed and loved the originality of it all. With Fablehaven, all I could do was rave about it and love it and read...and read and read. I thought Keys to the Demon Prison, my new favorite book, was impossible to outdo. I was amazed to doubt this conclusion when I read A World Without Heroes.
With Seeds of Rebellion, each page upped my heartbeat to a new level and kept me awake long after I should have been in deep slumber. Now, Brandon Mull ha
Elevetha
That was it? *sigh* It went a little something like this:

Jason: *watches baboons fight*

Rachel: He's sooo weird. I like him.

Everyone: Hey, let's split up.

Jason/Rachel: *awkward hug*

Book: *informs me over and over that what they're attempting is impossible*

Characters: *inform me that it's not impossible but incredibly improbable and that most of them will die by the end*

Characters: *run around*

Plot: *drags on*

Me: *bored*

And then the end....

Characters: Most of us are dead.

*FIVE YEARS LATER*

Jason: C
Marcie
Apr 04, 2013 rated it liked it
A nice ending to the trilogy - although I'd rank Book 2 (Seeds of Rebellion) best of the three. It may just be me, but the balance of straight exposition to the usual witty dialogue and action seemed off, making parts of the book seem stilted. However, still a good read that kept me reading late into the night to see how the impossible quests resolved.

I find it interesting to read a book written by someone with the same spiritual background - I often find reflections or discussions of spiritual
Bossguy9
May 20, 2013 rated it liked it
This was a good book. Nothing more, nothing less. If you're one of those people (like me) who needs at least a bit of action in their books, you will not enjoy this book fully. The beginning of this book starts slow, and it doesn't get much better until you're about halfway through it. That is a long period of time. If you read the Fablehaven series, and did not appreciate Kendra being more important then Seth, you will feel a tad bit disappointed with Rachel and Jason. She does a lot of importa ...more
Kristalia
These books are great. Stunning even. I loved the world and ideas od beyonders and the other races. I also thought the ending was done very well, and the certain scenes near the last chapter made me cry way to much to stay coherent.

Of course, i knew some of those scenes were coming, but many at once? unexpected.

Characters are great. Everyone had roles they had to complete in order for this war to succeed. It was a bit slower than the second book but I still enjoyed it and sacrificed sleep to do
Sami
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'm still kind of on a high after the end of the book and so my emotions are a bit out of whack. I'll start by saying I love Brandon Mull. I have loved everything of his that I have read. Fablehaven definitely is in my top 3 favorite series.

Initially my response to this book probably wouldn't be to give it a full 5 stars because it is full of disappointments. Although I expected there to be some it is still often hard to take. I definitely got emotional at the end. But as a whole I think the se
Mairéad (is roaming the Undying Lands)
{December 15th, 2014} MINI-REVIEW

2.5 stars.

“Wow! I can hardly believe I finished Beyonders."

This was my exact thoughts upon finishing yikes.

I'm not exactly too impressed with this overall series. I thought the ending would help cement something better and positive but it didn't unfortunately. It feels like it got to a point, then climax--erm, my apologises anti-climax before it just halted and said 'welp that's the end of this story, see you in the next one!' kind of feeling.

Besides the large
Abbey
Mar 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
I was waiting only a month or so for this book to come out. I'm a new fan of Brandon Mull's works, and I've already read all of them over a course of about three months. I actually just happened upon the Beyonders one day in my school library and a friend online told me about Fablehaven, and now I have finished both series plus both Candy Shop War books.

(view spoiler)
Zahra Rhm
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
از این کتاب بیشتر از دو کتاب قبلی خوشم اومد. پایانی جالب برای مجموعه بود. تلخ و شیرین. پیروزی بهایی داره.
داستان پر بود از فداکاری و وفاداری نسبت به هدف و برای دوستان. شخصیت های داستان در راه آزادی و نابودی ظلم کشته می شدند. خودشون رو فدای دوستان شون و هدف بالاتر می کردند. مریدی که برای برملا کردن خیانت، جون خودش رو داد. با وجود این که دلش می خواست برای آخرین بار پادشاهی که بهش وفاداره رو ببینه. توبه کرده ای که (تقریبا) همه تا آخرین لحظه بهش مشکوک بودن و فکر می کردن خیانت می کنه و مجبور شد با فدا
Brandon
Apr 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
I had mixed feelings about this book. First off, it was a decent ending to a good fantasy series. Mull doesn't truly disappoint with his books (with the possible exception of Candy Shop War book 1). On the other hand, I didn't feel like this series lived up to its potential. My biggest disappointment was actually Maldor's story. What a character with potential! And yet in this book, he took almost a two dimensional role, being exceptionally cocky throughout without the brilliance he showed in th ...more
Wannabe Hobbit
A friend recommended these books to me sometime after the second book came out. I was reluctant to read them at first because I had never read an unfinished series before. I thought the first book was great. The second book made me more excited than anything I had ever read. My younger brothers took turns borrowing the books when I finished them. We had many many animated discussions about the characters, what an amazing movie the second book would make, the increadible species Brandon Mull crea ...more
hpboy13
Wow. Just wow. Brandon Mull is a god of fantasy – one of my top three favorite authors – and this book does not disappoint. It is a great conclusion to a phenomenal series.

As usual, Mull’s imagination knows no bounds. He fills his world with such creations, I simply don’t know how he comes up with them. Among the more impressive things in this book was the Maumet and the way it was destroyed.

But as well as a fantastically developed world, this book also had fantastic characters, and especially t
Charlotte
Nov 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really? That is how you are going to leave it? There is going to be another book or another series... right?

Those were pretty much my exact thoughts upon finishing this book (well, I may have cleaned them up a little bit).

When I picked up the first Beyonders book in Barnes & Noble shortly after it came out I ended up staying at Barnes & Noble until I had finished it. A completely unintentional read. I liked it. A lot.

I have been waiting for this third book for what seems like ages. And I
Avery (ThePagemaster)
4.5 out of 5 Stars

Opinion Time: Beyonders Trilogy > Fablehaven, by a few smidgens. I love/hate that sinking, satisfying feeling you get when you read the last book in a series, especially this conclusion. I've loved this world, the characters--my favorites being Nedwin(3rd), Ferrin(2nd), and Galloran(1st), Jason(MVP). I need a sequel series now; if Brandon Mull is writing a sequel series to Fablehaven, there needs to be a sequel companion standalone, at least.
Darlalala
What? That's it? Sigh. I hope the next series would still include Jason and Rachel. Although I have a feeling that the main character's gonna ba (view spoiler).
Anyway, this book is sloooooooow. So many inner thoughts especially in Rachel's chapters.

Before reading:
This must be good. I hope Jason could fight with swords better
Hannah Jayne
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
i am emotional
Mike (the Paladin)
Not too long ago I read several epic fantasies which I found excellent back to back. This is a great thing...except that then you end up comparing everything you read to those books.

This is the third in what I find to be a very...mediocre series of books. The first time I tried to read the first book I pretty much decided not to follow it up. Still I kept running across those who liked them so I thought I'd give them another chance.

This is third and climatic volume of the trilogy. It like the ot
Andrew Marr
Mar 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
After being mildly disappointed with the first two volumes of the series, the finale more than makes up for it. Finally, the world of Lyiria really feels thick and real and alive. Maybe it has to do with the two Beyonders feeling more and home there. With the oracle as a guide the plot is totally focused. At the same time, the oracle is scant on details and is declared to be only a remote hope, but the only hope for a good outcome, so there is room for much suspense and several powerful surprise ...more
Elaney
Mar 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
It was an excellent conclusion to the trilogy.(view spoiler) ...more
Amy
Mar 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a great ending to an excellent series. I have been blown away by the fantastic world Brandon mull has created. It has thoroughly sucked me in further with each book. The only thing I didn't like as much with this book was that Rachel and Jason had to split up for separate quests which left the reader skipping back and forth. I usually like the flow of one continuous story but it still read well. I highly recommend this series to anyone who loves Harry potter type fantasies. It was so we ...more
Laramort
Mar 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a good book but it was slower than the last two. I think its because of Rachel's side of the story which dealt with a lot of her inner turmoil, which wasn't exactly page turning.
I don't think the series is completely over. I think he'll write another trilogy in the future but from Jason's daughter's point of view. I think the hint is there in the text and I think there are some loose ends he needs to tie up with Ebera.
The part when Nedwin eats the worms at the end was awesome. It to
Farnoosh FarjadeeRad
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-forevers
I loved it. And I loved every second I spent on reading it. Lately, all I could think about was can I ever find another good book to add to my forever shelf? Will I ever? And now I have an answer: Yes. I found it!
Lazybee
May 30, 2015 rated it liked it
The book was amazing. The parts were Rachel features was annoying. Other than that book was great.
Cj W
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fiction Lovers, YA Readers, Fantasy Readers
Brandon Mull has delivered a heart wrenching finale to the Beyonders series, with 'Chasing The Prophecy'.

The feels, is what I'll really say about that.
Rachel and Jason face many struggles in the fight against Maldor, and these struggles, both physical and emotional, shape them for the final battle against Maldor, in hopes that standing with Galloran to save Lyria, was not in vain.

Absolutely a series worth buying for your household collection folks, with a strong start, and eventful middle and
Chelsea
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a great way to end the series! I really liked how he incoporated different aspects of the prophecy into the book. I will have to say I thought the ending would have been reversed, but I still liked it.

I didn't realize that this series was the first book he wrote as an author, it just didn't get published before Fablehaven. I've loved every series I've read of him so far!

Question for those who have read the book... who do you think is on the cover? I have mixed views of it. And also, who was
Cori Reed
Sep 08, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars!

Ben
Feb 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
I enjoyed this series. Great ending.
Melissa
Mar 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay... I'm a little bit torn between 3 stars and 4. But I ended up giving it 4 stars because overall, I really did like this book. And that's what 4 stars means "really liked it". BUT...

There were parts of this book that just seemed to go on and on. I actually had two pages stuck together at one point. Thought my brain had misinterpreted a word or two, but I kept reading. It still made sense. A little odd, but not much had changed. After a page of reading I turned back to see what I had messed
Ending: Saddest Book EVER (Spoilers) 4 26 Mar 02, 2018 01:11PM
Brandon Mull Lovers: Did anybody else cry with the deaths in beyonders? 12 46 Oct 05, 2017 06:08PM

• Curse of the Broomstaff (Janitors, #3)
  • Albrek's Tomb (Adventurers Wanted, #3)
  • The Maelstrom (The Tapestry, #4)
  • The Avatar Battle (Cragbridge Hall, #2)
  • Ambush (Pillage, #3)
  • The End of Time (The Books of Umber, #3)
  • Air Keep (Farworld, #3)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • The End of Infinity (Jack Blank Adventure, #3)
  • The Dragonlord's Heir (The Ascalon Trilogy, #1)
  • The Triad of Finity (Oliver Nocturne, #6)
  • The Black Reckoning (The Books of Beginning, #3)
  • The Invaders (Brotherband Chronicles, #2)
Brandon Mull resides in a happy little valley near the mouth of a canyon with his wife and three children. He spent two years living in the Atacama Desert of Northern Chile where he learned Spanish and juggling. He once won a pudding eating contest in the park behind his grandma’s house, earning a gold medal. Brandon is the author of the New York Times bestselling Fablehaven series and The Candy S ...more

Beyonders (3 books)
  • A World Without Heroes (Beyonders, #1)
  • Seeds of Rebellion (Beyonders, #2)
“Faith isn't knowledge, Rachel. Faith is a tool. Faith keeps us going until we get the knowledge. Faith keeps us striving until we reach the consequences of our most important decisions.” 29 likes
“You’re free to dream however you wish,” Nollin teased. “But don’t ask the rest of us to share your unrealistic—”
“Then don’t ask us to share your weakness!” Jason interrupted.”
23 likes