Start by marking “Little Bunny” as Want to Read:
Little Bunny

Little Bunny (Wee Little)

Settle down with Little Bunny in this board book edition of his hop-along adventures.

Little Bunny just can’t sit still. It’s not that he doesn’t want to hear the tortoise’s story or play with the fox. He just can’t seem to stay in one place long before he has to hop, hop, hop off and play. The only person who can get him to
Board Book, 30 pages
Published January 15th 2013 by Little Simon (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Little Bunny, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Bunny

midnightfaerie
A book my 5 yr old as well as my twin 3 yr olds loved. A solid reading level 1 book, this cute story keeps all ages engaged with the bright colorful pictures and cute story. A great addition to any children's library.
Cinthya Murguia
This is a short story that would be great to read to children. Its just talks about this bunny's day and how he is so busy! Children would enjoy it because it is interesting and entertaining. Although it is short, the pictures make up for it. Every page is full of great drawings all throughout the page. Children will really enjoy reading and looking at this book!
Rebecca
This is part of a "Wee Little" series of books written by Lauren Thompson and illustrated by one of my favorites, John Butler. Look also for Wee Little Lamb and Wee Little Chick. I love these books for little ones because the text is short and simple, the pictures are big and gorgeous. Because the illustrations are everything with pictures books, I'll keep my comments to that. The colors are soft and easy on the eyes but not pastel really. The pictures are also realistically drawn and the animal ...more
Eric Mcweeny
The Wee Little Bunny by Lauren Thompson is a story about a newborn bunny who just wants to do everything he can. He chases dragonflies, hides inside a log with his chipmunk friend, got scared by a prickly porcupine, and then hopped on home to listen to a story from his sweet mama. The illustrations in this book are extremely realistic and also very cute. It does a good job of repeating verbs so kids can learn to use them.
Hilary
Mar 20, 2015 Hilary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
An ordinary day is sometimes a treasure. Wee Little Bunny is having a splendid day, chasing dragonflies, playing with friends, splashing through the creek and rolling in clover. By the end of the day, he has a splendid collection of experiences to share with his mother in a story before he falls asleep. John Butler's illustrations offer details for lapsit readers on a scale that will appeal to those sharing the story in a group reading.
Jamie
this is a cute book for little kids that would be fun to read and talk about the different things that little bunny is doing and seeing on his dizzy day out wandering in the meadow. He runs with a dragon fly, hides in a log with a stripy chipmunk, talks to a grumpy porcupine, tip toes through a brook, talks to a chickadee, wiggles and tumbles in the clover, and the runs home fast to tell him mama all about his day.
Heidi-Marie
The text was OK. Didn't really interest me. However, a second read had me thinking of ways this would work as a toddler storytime book, so we'll see how that will go. The illustrations are by far my favorite. They're nice in general and very eye-catching for a young audience. But what sold me was how adorable the bunny is! (And a couple of other characters, too.)
Sarah Souther
Aaaw. A little bunny frolics. That's pretty much the whole story. This book is about one increment away from being too cutesey for a parent to stand, although small children will probably just love it for a bedtime read. The soft, somewhat realistic illustrations are extremely cute. If you're angry, sit down with this book and I guarantee you will be soothed by the end.
Kapila
John Butler's animal babies are so sweet and loving it makes me want to scream with pure delight. There really isn't much of a story here - it's all in the illustrations, as far as I'm concerned. Decent, new read-aloud choice for younger children, or for parents looking for short books for their wee little bunnies.
Peacegal
Feb 03, 2011 Peacegal rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The story is utterly pointless, so skip it and enjoy the beautiful artwork instead. If you are reading this aloud to a child, you or the youngster could probably make up a lot better story to go with the charming illustrations.
Jess Brown
Simple book about the adventures of one little bunny. At the end of his day running around, he sits and tells his mama bunny all about it. Cute, but not life-changing or memorable. Might be useful to someone needing rabbit books for a toddler or preschooler.
Meg McGregor
Apr 19, 2014 Meg McGregor rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-to-lexi
One of the most beautifully simple books I have read in a long time. The relationship between the Wee Little Bunny and his Mama is warm and loving one. I love how he can't wait to go home and tell his Mama all about his busy day.
Samantha
A simple story in which a cute little bunny has an adventure-filled day and encounters a variety of animals.

Photo-realistic illustrations were rendered using colored pencils and acrylic paint. PreK-2.
Kathryn
Wee little bunny is enormously adorable! :-) Not specifically Easter-themed, but a good choice for spring/Easter reading. The illustrations are the winner here. I especially love the illustration at the end when the bunny tells mother the story about his day.
The Library Lady
Art is beautiful--incredibly naturalistic. Unfortunately, there is no wonderful story to go with it to hold kids attention. They will pore over the pictures, but that's about it. Not what I'd expect from Thompson.
Holly
Feb 25, 2013 Holly rated it liked it
Shelves: carson-s
A sweet and soft night time story. I enjoyed the repetition of words on some pages to help toddlers read along.
Naomi
May 17, 2015 Naomi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really loved the simplicity of this book. It was not a fantastic read, but just downright simple and good. The illustrations really popped and complimented the story well.
Meg McGregor
Aug 01, 2013 Meg McGregor rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-to-lexi
Little Bunny will remind parents how their little ones simply can't stay still - there is so much to explore and discover. A great read and one that your littles will want to hear again and again.
Alin
Alin rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2013
Mary Librarian
Mary Librarian rated it really liked it
Mar 07, 2010
M Lee
M Lee rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2015
Joy
Joy rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2010
M
M rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2011
Susan Schuler
Susan Schuler rated it liked it
Jul 19, 2012
Sarah rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2014
C.
C. rated it it was ok
Feb 18, 2013
Vedant
Vedant rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2015
Deepti Sidhaye-bhalerao
Deepti Sidhaye-bhalerao rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2013
Shannon
Shannon rated it liked it
May 18, 2010
Pebbles
Pebbles rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2015
  • Red Wagon
  • A Boy and His Bunny
  • Shape by Shape
  • Ten Tiny Tickles
  • Book Fiesta!: Celebrate Children's Day/Book Day; Celebremos El dia de los ninos/El dia de los libros
  • Flip, Flap, Fly!: A Book for Babies Everywhere