Start by marking “The Missing Cupcake Mystery” as Want to Read:
The Missing Cupcake Mystery

The Missing Cupcake Mystery (The Dungy Children)

3.12  ·  Rating Details  ·  32 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
The Dungy kids learn that honesty is the best policy—even when you can’t resist a tempting treat!

When Mom brings home cupcakes for dessert, all the Dungy kids are thrilled. “These are for after dinner,” she tells the children, and they all agree. But when she opens the box after dinner, one of the treats is gone! Who took the missing cupcake? Justin, Jordan, and Jade all h
Published January 1st 2013 by Simon Spotlight (first published December 15th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Missing Cupcake Mystery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Missing Cupcake Mystery

Jenny
Feb 27, 2014 Jenny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Simple book with simple story for emerging preschool readers as a parental read-aloud, or for newly independent readers. Good message on telling the truth. The illustration depicts a brown ethnic family with characters that look like our family. :) This doesn't impact the story but worth noting if your looking for "visual diversity" in your kids library.

My local library just purchased and stocked this book collection in late 2013 per the date stamp on the opening page. Nice find. I didn't know
Karen
Nov 22, 2015 Karen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Um... this book is OK. The story is fine. The lesson is fine, if a bit heavy-handed. Occasionally the illustrations are very good, occasionally they are kind of weird, and most of the time they are just OK.
Beyond the Pages
Dec 12, 2013 Beyond the Pages rated it it was amazing
The Missing Cupcake Mystery was such a wonderful book with a great lesson on the importance of honesty and telling the truth. I loved the real life simplicity of the dilemma. I also loved seeing the positive parental response, which truly addressed the problem, without belittling or devaluing the child.

This message would be a good lesson for any type of family, African-American or otherwise. It would provide an excellent basis for a home study or Bible study lesson on living with integrity.

I ho
IrenesBookReviews
This is another fun book with a lesson that features an African American family written by Tony and Lauren Dungy. I gave this book 5/5 stars and cannot say enough about how great this story is. It is a simple story with a great lesson but written so a child could enjoy the story without being preached to. I liked the illustrations and thought they added to the story making it more believable. I think all children should read this book!
Katie Kirkland
Grabbed this one from the Scholastic book club, and think it will be a great addition to our library for our Henry and Mudge crew.
Nina
Nina marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
Libby Cope
Libby Cope rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2016
Debbie
Debbie added it
Jun 16, 2016
Hallie
Hallie added it
Jun 13, 2016
MadisenJones
MadisenJones marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
Sydney Byrne
Sydney Byrne rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2016
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
May 11, 2016
Jana
Jana marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
Jace
Jace rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2016
Stephanie Kiong
Stephanie Kiong marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Dawn Rutherford
Dawn Rutherford rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2016
Crystal
Crystal rated it liked it
Apr 29, 2016
Meryem
Meryem rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2016
Marni
Marni added it
Jan 27, 2016
Timothy Chan
Timothy Chan rated it it was ok
Jan 17, 2016
ABC REMIX
ABC REMIX marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Travis Wright
Travis Wright marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2016
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was ok
Dec 21, 2015
Lisaforabw Wiley
Lisaforabw Wiley marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2015
Irene
Irene added it
Oct 22, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Tony Dungy is a former professional football player and retired coach for the Indianapolis Colts. During his seven years leading the Colts, he became the first African American coach to win a Super Bowl. He was also one of the most respected and popular NFL coaches in the league. Colleagues and friends consider him to be a family man of great faith and Christian character.
More about Tony Dungy...

The Dungy Children (6 books)
  • Justin and the Bully
  • Ruby's New Home (Ready-To-Read - Level 2)
  • Here Comes the Parade!