Start by marking “Eighty Days Blue (Eighty Days, #2)” as Want to Read:
Eighty Days Blue (Eighty Days, #2)

Eighty Days Blue

(Eighty Days #2)

In the manner of Fifty Shades of Grey, Vina Jackson's compelling, pulse-racing romance trilogy is a mouth-watering feast for the senses.

In the second book in Vina Jackson's exhilarating new romance trilogy, fiery musician Summer and wealthy academic Dominik experience the passions and pitfalls of a thrilling love affair with a difference.
Published September 13th 2012 by Orion (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Eighty Days Blue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eighty Days Blue

Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuireAvoiding Commitment by K.A. LindeBared to You by Sylvia DayDown to You by Michelle LeightonOn Dublin Street by Samantha Young
Hot Covers
1,187 books — 1,424 voters
Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesBared to You by Sylvia DayFifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Freed by E.L. JamesDark Lover by J.R. Ward
Best Kinky F*ckery Books
1,123 books — 1,779 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Eighty Days Blue (Eighty Days, #2)
~ Becs ~
This is another dark, edgy journey along the tumultuous path that is Dominik and Summer’s relationship.

We re-join them in a rare moment of happy contentment in New York standing beneath the four sided clock in Grand Central Station – it’s an incredibly atmospheric scene as they share a meal of oysters and go back to Dominik’s hotel room for an afternoon of erotic pleasure.

But it really doesn’t last for this seriously dysfunctional couple as sadness soon begins to seep into the narrative and insi
Alexis *Reality Bites*
This review contains Minor Spoilers in a marked off section
3.5 to 4 STARS out of 5
Genre: Adult Romance-Erotica
Series: Book #2 in the Eighty Days series
WARNING- This book and review is for persons 18yrs and older. It contains strong adult themes. Reader Discretion is Advised.

Honestly I do not even know where to begin..... Just when you think it can't get any darker. The dim lights flicker out. Pitch. Black.

'Summer had this power to evoke his secret ghost, draw them out, whisper disgraceful th
Sláinte Wanderlust
Cover & Title - 5 out of 5 for the cover, i love it. 4 for the title.
Favorite Line - "If ever there was a woman who didn't need an aphrodisiac, Summer, it's you"
Favorite Character - Summer.

That book! That ending! Jesus Christ. Amazing.

The reason the book did not get 5 stars is that there is a part of the book that i actually found hard to read, I wont spoil it for you and explain where. My comfort level when it comes to kink is not as high as some so the part that made me feel uncomfortable
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Aug 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) by: publisher
Shelves: arcs, reviewed
Quick review:

Cover: Fitting
Rating: NC-17
Steaminess: HOT
Overall: That ending left me unhappy
Characters: Solid
Plot: A long string of events to continue to thwart a relationship
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.? Yes
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Dominik

SUMMARY (50 words or less)

Where the first book shocked me, this one disappointed me. Not rating, but how the characters behaved. In the end, I was more disappointed with Summer. I honestly felt bad for Dominik. Their relationship if you
Sep 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica
Well this 2nd book in the series is a vast improvment on the 1st. The characters evolved in this section of this story & bought quite a few questions with them. Communication is not one of their strong abilities & if they could get that part happening, they may have avoided a lot of heart ache. I know in myself i'm not that into the group scene, but at least in this book it fitted in with the direction of where they were heading with the main characters. It will be such a battle for them to find ...more
Emma-Louise
Aug 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotic-fiction
To say I have been eagerly awaiting this book would be an understatement and it did not disappoint! The relationship between Summer and Dominik, with its complications and its complexities, is as infuriating as it is intriguing. One chapter you're desperately rooting for them and the next you want to bang their heads together! It's maddening and addictive. An emotional roller-coaster that certainly lives up to its namesake of "Blue". It is a lot more melancholy than the first book, and while it ...more
Helena
Sep 22, 2012 rated it liked it

I enjoyed this book more than the first, even though some of the sex scene's were quite tough to read, it was hard to understand why a women would put herself in the situations summer found herself in in the book. I found myself getting frustrated with her, it wasn't the BDSM it was the the way she felt the need to be used by any male.

Meredith
I may come back and change my ratings for these books to five stars. There were some minor flaws in the writing, but this series has just been so good, exceeded my expectations by far. I love the realism and I'm not sure I'll be able to find anything else that comes to close to this.

This book ended on a cliff-hanger and now I'm on to the book 3...I'm loving this series. Summer and Dominik are together but in a non-exclusive relationship, a lot of this book is their struggle to figure out how to
Marleen
Oct 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Copy received from Orion Books through Book Geeks

“Doms, subs it happens gradually, almost without your being aware of it. Until the day comes when you assume it fully, accept it, banish the personal doubts. It’s nature, not nurture, you see.”

Except that in reality it is never that simple. Rarely do we grow into something new without some obstacles getting in the way as Dominik and Summer are about to find out in this, the second instalment in the Eighty Days trilogy.

Violinist Summer Zahova is ha
A.R. Von
Sep 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the Eighty Days series and I enjoyed it even more than the first! It has a bit more romance involved this time. More than the last. I found it to be calmer in the BDSM aspect but no less erotic and engrossing. Eighty Days Blue can be read as a stand alone if desired. It covered enough for the reader not to be lost even though it's part of a series. Once again, I do not recommend this book to everyone. Those who like to venture into the BDSM scene are comfortable with s ...more
Riad Mawas
Aug 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars !
This is another part of a great book. Although I got bored in a few parts, but I will not hesitate to buy the third part. I loved the ending so so much so that Im excited to know what will Summer do.
R
Aug 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult, best-of-2016
If the first book was about awakening, this one was about growing pains and falling apart. For its complexity, it was better than its predecessor. Onto the next!
Marika
Mar 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Plot: Recently settled in New York, Summer is playing the violin in a major orchestra. Under the direction of Simon the conductor, her career flourish. In a new city there are new temptations and she is lured back to a dangerous underground world. meanwhile Dominik, frustrated by his life in London without Summer, is drawn to New York to be with her.

I liked this book, but I still prefer the first one, probably because Summer is not with Dominik and she end up with a mean man called Victor. They
Mar 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
My husband bought me this book as a valentines present. It is actually the second in a series. I haven't actually read the first one though think it is probably advisable to read them in order if possible. I have to admit I don't read many erotica books as I prefer other genres though I have read a few. I found this one was enjoyable enough but found the sex parts to lack any real passion and found the supposed 'romance' between the main characters to be quite strange. Overall an enjoyable read.
Tracey
Sep 14, 2012 rated it really liked it

I wasn't sure whether to read this or not as parts of book one disturbed and I'm no prude!! But I am glad I did as it showed the development of there relationship /connection and more of an understanding of both main characthers, with twists here and there I raced thru this book, not as sexual as previous book, but still plenty of it! And can I just say I hate victor !!
Looking forward to book 3 now :)
Chloe
Feb 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica
For me this book was not initially as gripping as it's predecessor, and took me a long time to finally settle down and start reading it properly. However, I am glad I persevered, as there was more body in the storyline, more background which further brought our protagonists to life. And the twist at the end, though predictable, was still emotional no less. I cannot wait to start on book 3. Thank you Vina Jackson,
Natalie Townsend
Dec 15, 2012 rated it liked it
I started reading this book because of it being compared to Fifty shades of grey. The writing in this book is 100% to FSG but I didn't understand the girl in the book Summer. What brings a woman to be treated like that. Maybe I don't understand BDSM but I couldn't get my head around someone wanting to be used like that, when she had a guy like Dominic. This is why I could only give it 3 stars.

Charmaine
Mar 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was a bit short with imagination, though the steamy scenes represented by words were vivid in my head. It was tragic, a form of complexities beyond love. The physicality, the need, the urge came first before love itself.
I was intoxicated by the theme, it was a distorted relationship. The depth I was looking for, was just depth in using words.
PepsiGirl
Dec 21, 2012 rated it liked it
I agree with others that Summer is a bit messed up, however Dominick is starting to pass her in his twisted desires and experiences he had in this second story. The writing is far superior to the smut FSOG.
Lou
Mar 22, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
These books are just strange. No emotion at all involved, very detached writing and just a lot of mechanical sex acts described to shock. Not reading any more, I've struggled to finish the first 2!
Tonya
Dec 30, 2012 rated it it was ok
Why oh why do I torture myself? I just can't stay away form a series even when I didn't care for book 1.
Danni Khan
Feb 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
love love love this book! i enjoyed reading about summer and dominik's adventures and all the twists and turns this author brought to the table!! so excited to get into the rest of the series..
Nicki
Jan 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was quite a fun read, a little bit raunchy and steamy, but all good.
Marino Hau
Sep 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Hurry up 'Eight days of Red'........... I should've waited for the last book before reading the first two ahhhhh!
I.Am.Reader
Sep 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Quite a roller coaster of kink. The writing is smooth and mellow, the events are dark and slow, the main characters are as screwed up as ever.
This book requires a patient and open minded reader.
Anya
Oct 25, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
DNF like the first one :(
Zoe
Sep 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
I found this slow to begin with but boy did it grip me from midway... much better than the first n I have now built up a connection with dominik, looking forward to red!
Danii Hughes
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant
Charlotte Nicholls
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
In my opinion, this installment was better than the first book. I felt like there was more suspense and story telling. Also all the new characters were interesting. Can wait to read the third
Sibilla
Jun 23, 2013 rated it it was ok
Sad. If you would have to describe the book in a single word, that would be the right word I think. I suppose the writing team that stands behind Vina Jackson, also wanted to point out the title a little bit. Because love is not always fluffy and great. It is sometimes rather complicated and sad. Also in saying "I am blue" it stands often for "I am sad."

However, I do not mean that you will need a lot of tissues, when you read it. But generally the sadness outweighs in the story. Because the cons
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Io ti voglio
  • Io ti sento
  • Ravished
  • Per tutti gli sbagli
  • Gabriel's Redemption (Gabriel's Inferno, #3)
  • Tapk ragana (jei nori)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume One (Calendar Girl #1-3)
  • A Gate of Night (A Shade of Vampire, #6)
  • A Break of Day (A Shade of Vampire, #7)
  • Take Me Down (The Knight Brothers, #2)
  • Per tutto l'amore
  • Twice a Wish (Goddess Isles, #2)
  • Third a Kiss (Goddess Isles, #3)
  • Liar (Voyeur, #5)
Vina Jackson is the pseudonym for two established writers working together for the first time. One a successful author, the other a published writer who is also a city professional working in the Square Mile.

Eighty Days (3 books)
  • Eighty Days Yellow (Eighty Days, #1)
  • Eighty Days Red (Eighty Days, #3)

News & Interviews