Start by marking “Suddenly You (Porter Siblings, #2)” as Want to Read:
Suddenly You (Porter Siblings, #2)

Suddenly You

(Porter Siblings #2)

The definition of a happy man?The guy who knows exactly what he wants and has it. That's Harry Porter. He's got the perfect job, the best buddies and no commitments beyond the next good time. It's the ideal life.

Then he stops to help Pippa White when she's stranded by the side of the road. He's known—and liked—her for a while, but as the ex of a friend, she's entirely off-
Published October 30th 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Suddenly You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Suddenly You

Jae
This was such a fun-with-lots-of-sexy read. Took me by surprise, really, that a struggling single mother versus an ultimate Peter Pan could make a sizzling romance. And I LOVVIT!

Harry Porter and Pippa White were well matched. I loved their wits and strength to stand for what they believe in. Most of all the banters. Silly crazy banters do it for me. Every time.

These are my favourite ones:

"How have you been Harry? How's Hogwarts going? Cast any good spells lately?"
"Made some underwear disappear
steph
I read this because Harry was in his sister's book and I liked him there. Well, I absolutely LOVED him here. I loved his interactions with Pippa, his family, his friend Steve (the absence father of her daughter). I was worried about how the story line with Steve would go (the bro-code is a thing) but I was happy with the resolution.

I liked Pippa and how she is determined to do better for her daughter. I like how no-nonsense and tough as nails she is. My kind of girl. Would recommend but read th
Jacob Proffitt
May 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, steamy
Okay, first off, and I have to get this out of the way before I can get to anything more coherent, Harry is absolutely irresistible. A grown-up man-child with serious fix-it skills on the cusp of accepting adult responsibilities is hard to resist. Add six-foot-two with muscles to spare and it's hard to read through the drooling.

And poor Pippa. She knows exactly who he has been and how bad a bet he is relationship-wise. How could she possibly know that he has turned a corner and started making th
Katie
This was okay. Maybe Sarah Mayberry and I have grown a bit apart. Or maybe I'm just . . . not exactly in a book slump, but perhaps a book ennui? Also the conflict would've worked much better (view spoiler)

Anyway, this counts as hero named Harry for Ripped Bodice bingo.
Tina
Nov 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Pippa is a young single mother who is struggling a bit financially. Her ex-boyfriend and father of her child has balked on helping with child support and wants nothing to do with their daughter. So she is one real disaster away from insolvency.

That disaster almost happens when her car breaks down on the side of the road. She knows it will cost a fortune to get it fixed. But fortune is in fact smiling on her as she is spotted by Harry Porter. Best friend of her ex, someone that she has always reg
Susan
Nov 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Good book. I really liked both these characters. Pippa is a single mother trying to deal with a rough road. The father of her baby walked away when she got pregnant. He has refused any kind of child support and she is struggling to make ends meet while working and going to school. When her car breaks down her ex's best friend stops to help. He is a contented guy. He has his job as a mechanic and no responsibilities. He can hang out with his friends, go out drinking and have a good time with the ...more
MBR
Sarah Mayberry’s final book for the year 2012 was certainly a delightful surprise and a wonderful. wonderful read. I say a delightful surprise because most of the time I mope around a little after reading Mayberry’s latest release because the wait for the next book always seems so long. However, since life is so busy at the moment, I hardly got a chance to worry about this and it was by sheer luck that I came across a tweet that mentioned the release of this book at the end of October. And of co ...more
Jacqueline J
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this one. One of the things I liked best about it was that is was a story that takes place in Australia and it wasn't Americanized. It really seemed like it was about people from Australia. So many times romances set there are stripped off anything that really adds any sense of place. Here Australian idioms etc., were left in place and I totally loved it. The romance was nicely done and I loved the hero and how he grew up over the course of the story.
Michelle [Helen Geek]
Jan 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: A whole lot of story -- great characters
01/08/2013 --

Story Appreciation = 4 Stars
Worth the Chili = 5 Stars -- [$3.82 on Amazon]
Smexy [HEAT] Rating = Mild to Moderate
281 pages

I'm reading some of this author's other books and then may come back and write a review for this one. I think, this one will be my favorite Sarah Mayberry read because of Harry. I loved Harry. He really is the perfect man.
Lyuda
Oct 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, hp
Nice story with realistic characters, sparking dialog and great chemistry. Harry, 31 years old car mechanic, is driving from work and looking forward to his typical carefree fun filled , no string attached, weekend. Suddenly, he spotted a familiar yellow car pulled off the road and obviously broken. The car belongs to his best mate's ex-girlfriend Pippa. The last time they saw each other was six months ago at the hospital after the birth of Pippa' s and Steve's daughter Alice. Harry couldn't exp ...more
Jess
Ugh, this was so good. So, so good. The only reason it's not rated higher is because all her books can't be five stars and the ones I've loved, I've LOVED. This one I just loved.

But you should all read it. Tattooed, baby-cuddling dudes, yes please.
CP
Mar 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Romantic and sweet romance. I really liked the main couple.
Kaetrin
Sep 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, ebook
Why I read it: I'm a fan of Sarah Mayberry books and when I saw Dear Author had a review up (which I haven't actually read yet) it reminded me that I hadn't bought this one yet. So I rectified that, stat. After the previous book I finished reading, I felt like a reliably good contemporary so I opened it up.

What it's about: (from Goodreads) The definition of a happy man? The guy who knows exactly what he wants and has it. That's Harry Porter. He's got the perfect job, the best buddies and no com
Rosario (http://rosario.blogspot.com/)
One night, heading into town for some fun, Harry Porter sees a car he recognises by the side of the road, clearly having broken down. It belongs to Pippa White, ex-girlfriend of a friend of his. That relationship didn't end well: Pippa became pregnant and decided to keep it, and Harry's friend has gone on and on about how she harassed him, even getting the government on his case to bleed him dry.

Harry always liked Pippa fine, though, and he's a good guy (not to mention a mechanic), so he stops
Frezanda
Feb 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-book-owned, romance, own
I thank all the agents and editors in Harlequin who found and nurtured Sarah Mayberry.
If not, how can I be awed by her talents?
Hehehehe.

This book is a testament of how talented Sarah Mayberry is as a writer. I know all the reviews here has already said it often, let me write it again: Her characters are so real.
There is nothing fancy about the story in this new book. It's just about a bad boy fell in love with a single mother ( A plot that has been rehashed so many times by romance novels out th
Sara  HarlequinJunkie
Nov 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed at: HarlequinJunkie.com

I LOVED this book, Suddenly You deals with complex relationships and yet it is beautiful in it’s simplicity!

Pippa is left holding the baby literally and figuratively when the father her ex boyfriend Steve walked away without a single thought or remorse for the well being of her or their little daughter. Steve refuses to pay child support and Pippa is struggling financially to keep a roof over their heads.

When Pippa's car breaks down and she is stranded in the mid
Jen
Aug 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Love this - sexy, sweet and satisfying. Both Pippa and Harry feel pressure to be a certain something for someone else and so there's a lot of delicious resisting and verbal sparring and of course that makes it even yummier when they give in.
And it's not just good sex and witty repartee - there's a scene between Harry and his father that had me near to weeping. I loved the relationships these two characters had with their families.
P.S. I also enjoyed how Mayberry doesn't beat the reader over th
Brianne
Nov 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I think the thing I loved most about this book was how down to earth and realistic the whole thing was. There was no mastery strategy behind the actions of the characters. No one was trying to one up another or get revenge for some past misdeed. There were two people who had been friends who fall in love when maybe they shouldn't and then have to deal with life. All the characters, not just Harry and Pippa, have to make hard decisions and deal with what life throws at them. All the relationships ...more
Jill Sorenson
Nov 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this story about a struggling single mom and tattooed bad boy gone good. What I've noticed about the two Mayberry books I've read (this one and Her Secret Fling) is that she does hero transformations exceptionally well. They start out as decent men making normal mistakes and end up great men doing the right thing. It makes for a very satisfying read.

Also, I loved the setting details and Australianisms. I could really hear the characters speak.
Nicole Helm
Aug 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I read this book in a day. Probably my favorite Mayberry. It just feels so real and normal. I know that's not what everyone looks for in a romance, but that's my favorite. Realistic, decent people falling in love despite a conflict that's rooted in reality and character. If I had the real book instead of the ebook, I would have hugged it to my chest. It's just lovely and everything I want in a romance.
Maqluba
A nice romance between a quirky witty heroine and a tattooed commitment-phobe hero. Nothing too crazy but not too tame either, kind of a happy medium. All I have left to say by the end is holidays are going to be awkward for that kid growing up lol.
Wendy Darling
Oct 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, aussies, read-2016
Prachi
Oct 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved the simplicity of this book. Just two honest to God characters, doing what they have to do - and accepting all of life's curveballs with grace, even when it's darn inconvenient.
Sheryl
Nov 10, 2012 marked it as to-read
I WON AN AUTOGRAPHED COPY OF THIS FROM SARAH HERSELF!!!!! WHEEEEEEE!!! Can't wait to read it!!!!
Christina
Sep 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Could not put it down. My favorite Sarah Mayberry book.
Brie
Aug 21, 2012 marked it as to-read
I'm having a fan girl moment here, love the cover, can't wait to read the book!
A. Bookzilla.
Aug 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love my Mayberries :D
Chi
“shit out of luck”

I read that on the first page, and just grinned. You can't get any more ocker than that! And from then, it was pure Aussie all the way - and it made a nice change from reading about America, that I don't have an internal image for. :)

First of all, simply put, Steve was a class-A asshole. I'll add more about it later.

“I don’t have a magic wand, Harry. I can only tell you what worked with me and Flynn. Patience. He hung in there and waited me out.”

I'm in tears. The ending was
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Jun 10, 2016 02:11PM
  • Bring Him Home (Special Forces, #3)
  • Back to the Good Fortune Diner
  • Never Stay Past Midnight
  • Unexpected Family
  • Big Boy
  • Time Out
  • Flirting With Intent (The Wests, #1)
  • Special Gifts
  • Worth the Trip
  • Saved By The Bride (Wedding Fever, #1)
  • Skin Heat (Skin, #3)
  • Stranded With Her Ex
  • Wild Encounter
  • Consumed
  • Her Perfect Getaway (Bridesmaids in Paradise #1)
  • The One In My Heart
  • Ashes and Wine
  • The First Move
Sarah Mayberry was born in Melbourne, Australia, and is the middle of three children. From the time that she first “stole” paper from kindergarten and stapled it together to make “books,” Sarah has always wanted to be a writer. In line with this ambition, on graduation from high school she completed a bachelor of arts degree majoring in professional writing, then sat down to write a book. When ins ...more

Porter Siblings (2 books)
  • All They Need (Porter Siblings #1)
“Far, far easier to batten down the hatches and lock the world out than take a chance.” 0 likes