Start by marking “Legacy of Love” as Want to Read:
Legacy of Love

Legacy of Love

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  53 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
A Midwestern Cinderella She dreamed of digging through ancient ruins-but the only exploring Anna Simmons gets to do is in the expensive houses she cleans in Pearlman, Michigan. When Brandon Landers hires her, she's unsure whether to be furious or thrilled.  He evicted Anna and her ailing mother, but she's heard rumors of hidden treasure on his land. Treasure Anna decides t ...more
Published October 30th 2012 by Love Inspired

To ask other readers questions about Legacy of Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Legacy of Love

Paula-O
Oct 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Legacy of Love by Christine Johnson

I like to read this author and she does not disappoint. she takes a character through their paces and they always evolve so nicely. this one was a man who had been in war and had scars that were deep,not ones so noticeable to the average person but deep within.
I had a soft spot for Brandon Landers because he seemed to have both weakness and strength together in him...when he met Annie she brought out the best in him.

When he learned that she and her mother were
Janis Kay
Sep 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian-fic
I'm a sucker for military veteran stories, so when I read this I thought "wow". Feelings of unworthiness are wrought from the guilt of surviving the Great War... he needs someone to cheer him up! And the ending-ending is just the icing on the cake:)
Cathy Daniel
Oct 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I tried to read slowly to make this story last longer. What a lovely, *sigh* worthy romance :) Love, love, love this author!!
Victoria
Sep 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Legacy of Love is set in 1922/23 at features a girl who comes from a family hard on their luck, and a man who (as it turns out) is in the same situation (but everyone thinks he is rich). There's plenty of the usual misunderstanding, and as a Love Inspired novel features many discussions on faith, and how faith can help us through challenges. I usually don't read novels set after 1900, but I did enjoy this one, and am glad I picked it up. It was interesting to see what the treasure was!

Also I lov
Pegg
Dec 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Another cozy romance with characters who will warm your heart from Christine Johnson. Set in the same era as Downton Abbey, her stories take you back to a time more simple - or was it? A touch of suspense keeps you guessing until the end.

Anna Simmons dreams of faraway places and hidden treasures. Brandon Landers wants to make his family's old summer place his home. Sparks fly when they realize how intertwined their families are, and not for the good. Will the rumors of a hidden treasure bring th
Lily (Night Owl Book Cafe)
I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads

Anna Simmons has just quit her job as a housekeeper to one of the wealthy families in her little town. No sooner after meeting Brandon, a local military war veteran - did he also become the man to evict Anna and her mother out of their little home. Feeling guilty for what he had done and attracted to the woman, he offers Anna's mother a job as his housekeeper in return of the two of them stayed on his property. Anna is a girl with many dr
Judith Follo
May 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
If you don't like a pull on your heartstrings you may not like this book. For this truly touches you and allows glimpses into the past and how people handled things back then. The Heroine in this story Anna Simmons, loses her home she grew up in. You are then taking on a journey to her finding forgiveness for her own sins and dealing with her feelings towards Brandon Landers.

When we are allowed to see the story from Brandon's eyes we learn he also is dealing with a past he would rather forget a
June
Nov 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Is there a treasure hidden? It takes until the end of the story to find out. Meanwhile we have a war veteran that blames himself for deaths, a girl who blames herself for a death, a mom who blames herself for a death...
Bookish  Shell
Feb 25, 2016 rated it liked it
The characters were interesting and the romance between them was fairly nice. However, around the last hundered pages it felt very long; there was nothing to keep you interested until the last 10-20 pages.
3 stars
Melody
May 29, 2013 rated it liked it
I liked the idea of this book much more than the actual story. One of the rare Love Inspired books that took me a bit to finish.
Nona
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Dec 18, 2014 10:52AM
Love Inspired His...: Legacy of Love giveaway 9 68 Nov 16, 2012 04:53AM
  • Homefront Hero
  • An Inconvenient Match
  • Somewhere to Call Home (Boardinghouse Betrothals #1)
  • Journey of Hope
  • A Convenient Wife
  • The Cowboy Tutor (Three Brides for Three Cowboys, #1)
  • Brides of the West: Josie's Wedding Dress\Last Minute Bride\Her Ideal Husband
  • The Bride Ship (Frontier Bachelors, #1)
  • Groom by Arrangement
  • His Most Suitable Bride (Charity House, #8)
  • Captain of Her Heart (Brides of Waterloo, #1)
  • Married by Christmas (Smoky Mountain Matches, #5)
  • The Wrangler's Inconvenient Wife (Wyoming Legacy, #3)
  • Her Holiday Family (Texas Grooms, #5)
  • The Governess and Mr. Granville (The Parson's Daughters, #2)
  • The Rancher's Courtship (Brides of Simpson Creek, #4)
  • Winning the Widow's Heart (Prairie Courtships, #1)
  • Sanctuary for a Lady
Christine Johnson grew up in small-town Michigan, where tales rise taller than old-growth forest. God blessed her with a love of story, which thus far has led to two RWA Golden Heart® award finals and publication with Love Inspired Historical and Revell. When not at the computer keyboard, she loves to explore God’s majestic creation.
More about Christine Johnson...