Start by marking “Claymore, Vol. 21: Corpse of the Witch (Claymore, #21)” as Want to Read:
Claymore, Vol. 21: Corpse of the Witch (Claymore, #21)

Claymore, Vol. 21: Corpse of the Witch

(クレイモア / Claymore #21)

Reads R to L (Japanese Style). In a world where monsters called Yoma prey on humans and live among them in disguise, humanity's only hope is a new breed of warrior known as Claymores. Half human, half monster, these silver-eyed slayers possess supernatural strength but are condemned to fight their savage impulses or lose their humanity completely.

A battle begins between re
Published November 6th 2012 by VIZ Media LLC (first published December 2nd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Claymore, Vol. 21, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Claymore, Vol. 21

Ivan
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was ok
DNF@50%

This volume isn't worse than last tow it might be slightly better and it seems weird to give up on the series I gotten so far into but I only went this far because I already got far but from this point on I say "no more". This series was good and had it's great moments but that was all up to volume 15. After that it ranged from mediocre to just dull with some good moments.

I might return to finish this series at some point but not until I recharge my will with some better manga.
Etienne
I missed Clare, but at the same time glad Raki is back in force. Let's hope they will encounter soon! Great one again, good story evolution, lot of action, new level of villain strength. Awesome!
Roxana Chirilă
Aug 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Complete rebellion from the Claymores! I wasn't expecting this particular twist, but it's nice to see that we don't get our favorite warriors fighting against their comrades in arms.

And full-on pandemonium with resurrected warriors is fun.
James
Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
The memory of an injury can be almost as detrimental as the injury itself.
MissAnnThrope
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Mandy
Claymore is a manga about Yoma who pretend to be human in order to kill and eat the humans. The Claymore are the hybrid of the two stronger faster but still human with the ability to slay the Yoma which they do for a price. They travel from village to village slaying Yoma with nothing but the sword on their back using the Yoma abilities but slowly turning into a monster that they hunt. When the time comes a Claymore will send a black card to another claymore to be slain before the Yoma takes ove ...more
Karissa
Feb 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the 21st volume and the Claymore series. This book didn’t jump around as much as previous books and was a much more comprehensive story than the last couple have been. Things really come together in this book and I enjoyed it a lot.

This volume of Claymore is mostly a giant battle between Miria and the rebel Claymore who have chosen to follow her and the Organization. The Organization unleashes some new Abyss Feeders on Miria and her cohorts. However the Organization’s truly terrifying we
Álex
Jun 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cómic-manga
Tras el final del volumen anterior la historia daba un giro muy interesante. Como siempre continúan apareciendo nuevos rivales a batir a más invencible cada uno, pero de nuevo, vuelve a anclar emocionalmente el relato en las historias individuales de las nuevas Claymore que nos presentan. La naturaleza de las mismas es tan trágica, que el autor tiene material de sobra para contarnos historias interesantes a través de flashbacks que apoyen y den más fuerza a los enfrentamientos a los que asistimo ...more
María
Dec 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Vale, se ha vuelto una costumbre para mí releer este manga, lo cual es curioso porque de hecho no me agrada para nada el manga. Creo que eso dice mucho de por sí sobre Claymore.

Este particularmente es mi volumen favorito, el giro que da el argumento llegados a este punto es abismal y es cuando nos encontramos con unos personajes, que si bien nos acompañan desde hace 20 volúmenes, no es hasta este punto que los vemos tan maravillosamente desarrollados.
Peter Barr
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
In this episode, the rebel Claymores have outnumbered the Claymores that protect the Organization and begin to take it on. The Organization develops a new means of defending itself. Volume 21 goes into the battle and the characters that make it up. It's a terrific series and holds my interest each time.
Kassilem
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 1-read-gns
I didn't particularly like the artwork for this series in the beginning but I'm glad I stuck with it because it has made a huge turn. I'm sure some people still wouldn't like it but I have grown to. And the story has me totally in its grasp by this point. Action, swords, betrayal, friendship, pain: it's got a good mix to it. More please?
Samantha Bustos-Hubeny
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Finally they attack the organization!
Ana Mardoll
Dec 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ana-reviewed
Claymore, Vol. 21 / 978-1421548807

I'm a very devoted fan of both the Claymore anime and the manga. I love the crisp black-and-white artwork, and while I realize it's not for everyone I personally think it's a perfect style for graphic novels. I find the action easy to follow, and the faces and body language to be surprisingly emotive. The story is complex and compelling, and I'm all in until the series finally finishes. I own this volume as a Nook Book e-book, and I assume it will shortly be por
Mike
Oct 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
"I declare rebellion."

While volume 21 technically contains a complete "new" arc it is an immediate continuation of the last one and the series is filled with layered storylines going all the way back to the beginning. This is not the place to start reading.

Corpse of the Witch (complete: parts 1-6) has the approaching warriors running headlong into the Organizations desperate efforts to survive their assault. They encounter the horrifying Abyssal Feeders for the first time, but much greater worri
Ryan Viergutz
Jan 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: epic-fantasy
I love this series. I can go on and on about it, but it's got everything I love in a series, and the things I don't often like Yagi does so intensely well. I am reluctant to term someone who has written one excellent series a master, but he has a strong vision and knows exactly what story he wants to tell with these characters and their conflicts.

This volume shows Miria's incredible skill as a rebel commander, how quick she's able to think on her feet and the heights of courage and risks she is
machinaheart
Four to five stars for Claymore in general because ... SO MUCH! I guess individual volumes range from three to five, but at the moment I can't properly rate them individually because I ploughed through the manga re-reading a lot and just inhaling the newer volumes. I couldn't stop.
Super intriguing dystopia, mysteries over mysteries without getting less interesting, extremely creative body horror (ranging from beautifully other to horribly disgusting), carving your own path (sometimes, most often
Samantha wickedshizuku Tolleson
Dec 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Manga fans, Anime fans
Recommended to Samantha wickedshizuku by: Anime-planet.com
We start off with Chapter 114: The Phantom Charges.
The organization wasn't counting on its entire force of warriors to turn on them with the help of Phantom Miria. Whom they presumed dead. All is chaos in the belly of the organization, most decide to escape since there would be little hope for them if they stayed.
What the phantom wasn't expecting was three abominations to be brought back to life and then be set against them. The new characters are wonderfully gruesome. Interesting themes came ou
Dorin
Aug 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Almost all of the Organization's fighters are quitting on them, but they have three new protectors. It's three dead fighters, resurrected and enhanced - but the Organization is betrayed from within, and nobody can guarantee what's going to happen next.

I loved the twist - never hoped that they would go this far, and the creators of Claymore are really pushing the envelope here. Also it's nice to see Raki again, protecting a group of inexperienced fighters.
Ash Ebrahim
Oct 03, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-manga
Finally got my copy today and finished it just hours after getting it.
I can say that I'm not fond with the current events or REBEL. It's not worth the waiting. But still fun and too many fighting scenes.
I can also say the technique of that "came out of the grave" warrior was funny more than creepy LOL
Dylan Murphy
Apr 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Another awesome Volume of Claymore! Damn but these keep me on the edge of my seat.
And hell was it is awesome getting to see some of the previous Organizations number 1's. Getting to see Raki all grown up was awesome too! Though I wish it went somewhere with Clare too.
Desi Ariyanis
Feb 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love Miria but I miss Clare
Kereesa
Mar 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of the series
Ohhh dead people. Exciting!

And also all of the scary and OMG.

4.5-5/5
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Good volume. Can't get enough of this series. Good so far.
Lauren
Feb 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
What a dramatic series! Claire is such a strong female character and I loved to see how much she grew throughout the series. Her story was so tragic and heartbreaking along with everyone else's.
Gally
Oct 16, 2013
Amy
Dec 04, 2015

• Dance in the Vampire Bund Vol 5
  • Wardbreaker (The Lillim Callina Chronicles, #0.5)
  • Ill-Conceived Magic (Monster Haven, #1.5)
  • The Torch (Succubus Studies, #1; Succubus Harem, #6)
  • Berserk, Vol. 23
  • Knights of Sidonia, Vol. 12 (Knights of Sidonia, #12)
  • Broken Beasts (Xoe Meyers, #3)
  • Dark Side Of The Moon
  • Court of Vampires (The Shifter Prophecy, #1)
  • エルフェンリート 4 [Elfen Lied 4]
Norihiro Yagi (八木 教広 Yagi Norihiro) is a Japanese manga writer and artist from Okinawa Prefecture. He started making manga in 1990.

Norihiro Yagi is a successful manga artist, having won the 32nd Akatsuka Award for his very first work, Undeadman. Undeadman appeared in Monthly Shōnen Jump and has had two sequels. Yagi's first serialized manga was his comedy-genre Angel Densetsu, which appeared in Mo

クレイモア / Claymore (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Claymore, Vol. 1: Silver-eyed Slayer (Claymore, #1)
  • Claymore, Vol. 2: Darkness in Paradise (Claymore, #2)
  • Claymore, Vol. 3: Teresa of the Faint Smile (Claymore, #3)
  • Claymore, Vol. 4: Marked for the Death (Claymore, #4)
  • Claymore, Vol. 5: The Slashers (Claymore, #5)
  • Claymore, Vol. 6: The Endless Gravestones (Claymore, #6)
  • Claymore, Vol. 7: Fit for Battle (Claymore, #7)
  • Claymore, Vol. 8: The Witch's Maw (Claymore, #8)
  • Claymore, Vol. 9: The Deep Abyss of Purgatory (Claymore, #9)
  • Claymore, Vol. 10: The Battle of the North (Claymore, #10)