Start by marking “Beginning Again” as Want to Read:
Beginning Again

Beginning Again

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  327 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
A heartwarming original estory that shows that there is life—and yes, even love—after heartbreak.

Things have always gone perfectly for Corrine Brown—until now. She’s separated from her husband of less than three years, and going solo to her baby sister’s wedding in Minnesota. As happy as she is for Ilsa, the weekend is long and lonely, and she’s eager to get back to her li
Published November 27th 2012 by Atria Books

To ask other readers questions about Beginning Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beginning Again

Lindsey
Apr 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
Good continuation to Love, Accidentally.
Mel
Dec 28, 2014 rated it liked it
This would have made a great book. It was too short. I quite liked it though.
Karen
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Good fluffy summertime reading!

Be forewarned- it's extremely short! I finished this book in under an hour, and then couldn't believe I actually wasted my time! PASS!
Colleen Turner
Dec 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Continuing the streak of exemplary short stories, Beginning Again follows another thread in the interconnected lives found throughout the series. This time following Corrine Brown - Love, Accidentally's Ilsa's sister - we see a woman struggle to stay strong and continue to move forward into a new life when all she wants to do is go back to the old one.

Beginning on New Year's Eve at her sister's wedding to Griffin, Corrine cannot help but think of where she was just one year before. Then she was
Judy Collins
Jun 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
As Sarah’s other books and e-books, I love her beautifully designed covers which draw you in, allowing the reader to put themselves into the inviting setting. As mentioned in my other reviews, I love e-short stories, as they set the stage for what is to come--enough to tease you and make you look forward to more.

I especially enjoy her careful planning of the characters in each of her e-short stories as they are intertwined (fun catching up with familiar characters and meeting new ones).

Nice to
Kristel Villar
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I stumbled into this short story on Amazon and got more than what I paid for ($0.99 only!). It tells the story of Corrine and how she tries to live her life after a divorce. It is such a heart-warming story that tells us a message (albeit cliche as it sounds) that there is always life after a heartbreak. Yes, one needs to move on, but it takes more than a single step to heal and move forward. Sometimes, one needs countless steps or major leaps to get your life back. Other times, those movements ...more
Nicole Frail
Dec 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Quick, easy read--just as it intended. I'm familiar with Sarah's other stories, and it was nice to see how she took another secondary character and made her a star. I was kind of left feeling... unsatisfied... with the ending, though. I know Sarah will advance the story and say what happened to Corinne in the next short e-story, but I kind of wish I had some idea now. I didn't know if maybe she'd start a relationship with Bill, even though he's way younger than her? Or maybe she could've met som ...more
LiteraryMarie
Oct 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Every holiday since 2010, Sarah Pekkanen has released an eShort story. I've grown to expect them because I know they are good reads. This holiday season, Sarah Pekkanen released Beginning Again, a continuation of the eShort stories All is Bright and Love, Accidentally. It is told from the point of view of Corrine Brown, Ilsa's sister. She is separated from her husband and going alone to her sister's wedding. The long and lonely weekend has Corrine eager to return back to L.A. But there really is ...more
Charlene
Jan 04, 2014 rated it liked it
I bought this eShort Story after reading a full length by the author. I also purchased another full length novel by the same author so I guess that is a pretty good recommendation.

I usually don't care for short stories because they leave me feeling that so much has been left unsaid. This one seemed just long enough to have the character complete a transformation. Well, get a good start on a transformation.

The dialogue is good and characters are well developed. I wanted to step in and join the
Amber
Feb 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Definitely not my favorite from this "trilogy". I love Sarah Pekkanen's writing style I just wasn't a fan of this story. I loved the other two short stories that go with this one I feel like they were really relatable I just feel like this one was a little unrealistic. I know I would never make the move Corrine did in this book especially in this day and age so I think that definitely took away from me relating to this story like I did the others. Still amazing writing style and I don't regret r ...more
Kim
May 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wish there was more

This story kept me wanting more at the end. A great positive chick lit story with a message most people need to hear and would understand, "Just keep moving." However, at the end of the story I found I wanted more, especially since the other roommate had just been introduced. Sarah could easily turn this short story into a novel because there is just so much more to tell about Corinne. Here's hoping she does so and if so I will be eagerly waiting for it!
Lesley
Mar 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook
I didn't know this is the 3rd in her collection of these characters but I think its ok I did not read in order because I could not tell I missed anything. I only knew by reading others reviews that the characters are in the other books!

So my review of this is that I liked it so much I was disappointed it was too short. Corinnes new roommates were funny and whether she knew it or not just whet she needed in that time of her life.
Melissa
Apr 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Interesting story overall. I loved the flashbacks to Corrine's past. She is a very well-rounded and intriguing character who should be written into a full-length novel. There was so much to tell and so many places it could go. It was easy to get emotionally invested in the story and I almost cried a few times. The dialogue and dynamics between characters were both great.

Not sure if it's on Kindle's end, but the font is hard to read. (I read it on a Kindle for PC though.)
Brenda Haddon
I know the feeling

I thought it was a great story. I was really feeling Corrine, the main character and BOOM! The story ends. It did cover a lot as Corrine was forced to move on with her live, I just wasn't ready for it to end, I was settled down prepared for more. However, as always it is nothing less than a great story written by Sarah Pekkanen.
Nova
Jan 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sarah-pekkanen
A really nice short story of beginning again...for the girl who had it all ... I was happy to see at the end that Corrine seemed to know her life will be different from what she thought it would be but that she could just keep moving in a new direction.
Aditi
Nov 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Worth any day. My first set of all three short stories. A pleasure to read a book which talked about human emotions more than surrounding. Third book in the series and can be read even if you don't read the first two. It's nice to a writer to my favorite writer list. Thank you.
Mel
Aug 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
A bit on the short side, so I think I was left hanging a little. But otherwise, it was a sweet story with fun, relatable characters. Good stuff!
Kathleen Crowell
May 04, 2013 rated it did not like it
apparently I read this and didn't like it. Must be related to my preference for full novels.
Apr 30, 2014 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this book, but felt it finished just as it was getting started. I hope more short stories follow for this family.
Shannon
Dec 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
Bought the other 2 loved this story couldn't put it down!
Stacey Lechner
Jan 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Need a full length book with all of the characters from the three short stories. Fun reads.
Gayle
Jan 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
A good follow-up to Love Accidentally. For a buck these stories were well worth it. Highly recommend if you just need a little something.
Shonda
Jan 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2013
3.5 Stars
Marcia
Feb 24, 2013 rated it it was ok
ends too abruptly even for a short story
Diane
Sep 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Nice short story but wish I knew more where Corinne will end up.....
Samra Muslim
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was ok
Maybe a feel good read for those who are looking for stories on moving on in life ... I personally just found it average!!
Brandi Johnson
Dec 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: short-stories
A very pleasant and likable short story.
Jerri Stamps
Jan 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
LOVED IT!!!
Heather Chastain
Nov 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
a little longer than some of the other short stories (or so it seemed. I read it on my kindle app). but very good!
Roberto
May 04, 2013
  • I'll Have Who She's Having
  • An Erotic Collection Volume 1: This is What I Want\Indecent Experiment\Everything Changes\Layover
  • Ashford
  • Status 2
  • Sealing The Deal (How To Catch A Billionaire, #3)
  • Antitype (Archetype, #0.5)
  • Escort
  • Daunting Days of Winter (The Kyle Tait Series)
  • Song of the Brokenhearted
  • Wall Street Diva: Jane's Story
  • The Proper Wife (Knotty Pines, #2)
  • The Perfect Wife
  • All Beautiful Things
  • She Effin' Hates Me: A Love Story
  • Scorched
  • Husband Hunters
  • Dual Desires (Dueling Devils, #1)
2982045
"Fans of Jennifer Weiner and Emily Giffin will strongly appreciate this rising star in women's fiction." - Library Journal.
Internationally bestselling author Sarah Pekkanen's newest book is THE PERFECT NEIGHBORS. She is also the author of THINGS YOU WON'T SAY, CATCHING AIR, THE BEST OF US, THE OPPOSITE OF ME, SKIPPING A BEAT, and THESE GIRLS. Sarah's linked free short estories, published by Simon&
More about Sarah Pekkanen...

“She hadn’t just lost her husband; she’d lost an entire way of life.” 0 likes