Start by marking “Through Time Into Healing: Discovering the Power of Regression Therapy to Erase Trauma and Transform Mind, Body, and Relationships” as Want to Read:

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  2,347 Ratings  ·  81 Reviews
The book that sheds new light on the extraordinary healing potential of past life therapy, by the bestselling author of Many Lives, Many Masters.Brian Weiss made headlines with his ground-breaking research on past life therapy in Many Lives, Many Masters. Now, based on his extensive clinical experience, he builds on time-tested techniques of psychotherapy, revealing how re ...more
Published May 8th 2012 by Touchstone (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Through Time Into Healing, please sign up.
Ledja Dhima I've bought it. I am reading it. And today I can't open it to read it further????

Rychelle Boden
Nov 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first past lives book and it captivated my attention. I think I flew through it in less than 2 hours. It was fascinating information and I found it very easy to relate to my own personal experiences at times. I highly recommend this one to anyone curious about past lives. Dr. Weiss presents some interesting data and studies that are sure to pique your attention.
Samuel Pérez
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Estoy descubriendo un mundo totalmente nuevo. Después de leer 'Vida entre vidas' esta obra se me ha quejado menos intensa, aunque hay que entender que el otro libro, escrito por Michael Newton, era el primero que leía. Lo más interesante de este libro es el prólogo donde recoge instrucciones para hacer tus propios ejercicios de regresiones a vidas pasadas.
Iona  Stewart
This little book is accompanied by a CD containing a meditation by Brian Weiss that can lead the listener to regressions to previous lives. His voice is pleasant, soft and relaxing. I for one always successfully regress to a previous life via this CD, but it may take time for some to regress.

The book itself is simple and well-written. The author refers to his own therapeutic practice, and relates a few relevant stories about some of his clients.

A pleasant little book. If you want to go deeper in
Melanie
I use this meditation/regression tape in order to relax. I went and heard Brian Weiss at a conference and was surprised at how much I enjoyed his story. You do not need to have a transcendent experience while listening to the recording to reap the benefits of thoughtful insights and a relaxing experience. His theories on life and after-life are interesting to read about and make determinations about your own belief systems.
Kathie Noga
Aug 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Healing comes through experiencing the trauma again and working it through. Dr. Weiss, a well-known and respected psychiatrist, tells of many cases where people have been completely healed by doing so. These were hopeless cases, so it shows you that hypnotherapy can be effective in these cases. He writes in an interesting, compelling way the stories of these people who were healed.
Isabel Sandoval
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A veces sentimos que ciertas cosas ya las vivímos, a personas que -para bien o para mal- ya conocemos, problemas recurrentes sin una explicación aparente. Estas y muchas otras situaciones que en muchas ocasiones tratamos de resolver en terapias centradas en el presente, pero ¿qué pasa si e presente no es suficiente? . Este libro propone revisar nuestras vidas pasadas y si vidas en plural para descubrir sentimientos, patrones que venimos arrastrando. En general el libro me dió una punto de vista ...more
Ana Reinhard
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
What an amazing book. I fell in love with Brian L Wise from his first book of that kind - Many Lives, many masters

This one is just as good. It’s more about many different cases - but I found that especially very inspiring and eye opening.

And off course the appendix chapters are amazing. This is where he describes the different methods how to DIY it 😃
Denise Oberlies
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting. Thought provoking. A book that requires additional time to think through the subject matter thoroughly. The content is fascinating, and makes a lot of sense.
Chitra
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my fourth book. captivating
Mark Manderson
Interesting standpoint on regression therapy that goes beyond childhood and to "past lives". Take aways:
Hypnosis is a state of focused concentration.
Edison valued his hypnagogic state that he created a self method through relaxation and meditation so could work in his continued state.
Provides a nice hypnotic script in the appendix.
Amisha
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Book: Through Time Into Healing, has been the third book I have read following Book: Many Lives Many Masters and Book: Only Love Is Real by Dr Brian L. Weiss. The common feeling I have had reading all three was the exhilaration of realizing that a people have a greater identity than their current confined ego and personality.

This book starts with Introducing new readers to the concept of Hypnotic Therapy, which an old reader would probably skip. The middle part of the book deals with numerous e
María Paz Greene F
Tengo sentimientos encontrados con Brian Weiss, porque quién sabe si la cosa es verdad, blablablá... pero este libro ME ENCANTA. Me trae tantas esperanzas. Todo tiene tanto sentido. Es tan.... está escrito con tanto amor y comprensión, y pretende tanto ayudar al lector.

A mí me impresionó, me consoló, me significó mucho. Me hizo creer/sentir que valgo la pena y etcétera, que tengo la importancia suficiente, que las cosas tienen un significado. Eso es algo quizá contraproducente, si al final no er
John
This one from Weiss has lots of good examples of remarkable healing intertwined with the right amount of his own interpretation, often pointing things out in ways that can prompt the reader to reflect on his or her own current life situation. The appendix has a few different ways to explore on your own at home.

Page 99
"It’s him! It's my father!" I knew Linda meant her father in her current life, a fact she confirmed to me after the regression was over. "He was my husband. He arranged my execution
Ametista
Non è da considerare tra i migliori scritti di Weiss.
Inizialmente l'ho trovato un pò ripetitivo perchè si riallaccia alla prima esperienza di regressione.
In seguito Weiss espone i numerosi casi di pazienti che hanno risolto dolori fisici ricordando esperienze passate, altri invece hanno risolto problemi legati all'obesità, al rifiuto verso il sesso e degli uomini.
Sono veramente tante le esperienze esposte. Purtoppo si potrebbe pensare che l'ipnosi guarisce attraverso il ricordo, in realtà ciò ch
Joan Sebastián Araujo Arenas
Las premisas son simples y directas:

p = personas con traumas

q = causa inexplicable

r = recurso a la explicación mítica

s = se ignora la cuestión

1.- p v ~p
2.- p --> (q v ~q)
3.- (p ^ q) --> r
4.- (p ^ ~q) --> s

Conclusión:

q --> r

No he revisado la validez o no de la forma del argumento, pero creo que este es el trasfondo que permitió que Weiss dejase a un lado su formación netamente científica para dar una formulación que se sirve de una creencia mitico-religiosa que conocemos todos al meno
Deepti Sane
One of the good book on past life regression.
One of the concept about which I came to know through Dr Brain Weiss. All excellent books written by the author.
Most amazing thing one should be aware of......
Have inspired me to go under a regression after reading few of his books....
the regression changed my whole life and have have sought the purpose of this life....
Must read book... To get a clear idea of what exactly regression is "Many lives Many masters" is a good book to start upon....
Healing
Anna
Aug 08, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What can I say - I love reading about reincarnation, especially when it brings people healing and profound understanding of existence. There were many stories sending a message of hope to anyone who had unexplainable phobias and fears (hey, that's me!), stories that were engaging and fascinating. At the end of the book there's a whole list of supplementary reading material, as well as various techniques to try regression on your own.

I don't know what kind of impression the book would make to a s
Sharon Joag
Aug 26, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Spiritually Inclined.
Recommended to Sharon by: Dawn
This is book is extremely insightive. It gave me goosebumps reading it. Especially when he spoke of two family members who had become estranged and underwent hyposis. Both at separate times related the exact same past life recollections.
It makes you wonder if we actually do reincarnate. And if so, its almost comforting. It makes one less afraid of death.
This is a great read for anyone spiritual and for people who do have addictions. Many people have recovered from their additions through past
Bridget
Mar 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fascinating entry into the concept of age regression, revealing the concept of the eternal soul. Our mortal life is believed to be a chapter in the ongoing growth and development of the soul. We enter our lives in order to learn a life lesson, and if we can deepen our soul's knowledge in this lifetime, then hopefully the next life we can focus on more growth and not have to relearn the lesson we needed to learn. Hopeful and reassuring, that we retain our essence in personality and our so ...more
Nubia
Feb 23, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is some how different from his other books, one can find his techniques for meditation, dream recal and hipnosis at the end of this book. Wonderful descriptions about the individuals interaction in a family cell. Convincing arguments about past life.

Este libro es un poco diferente a los demas libros del mismo autor. uno puede encontrar en el tecnicas y ejercicios de meditacion, recuerdos de suenos e hipnosis al final del libro. Maravillosas descripciones del rol del individuo en la cel
Amy Porche
I couldn't finish this book. It is not that it is a bad book. It just seems to me to be an introductory book to regression therapy; it barely touches past life regression (which is the reason I bought this book). If you are studing reincarnation and healing through past life regression, then I wouldn't look twice at this book and move on. I have read other books by this author and they have way more to offer to broaden your insight into your psyche.
Iroquois
This book was much more about the mechanics of what regression therapy is and how it works. For example there are even appendices with a script for making your own regression/meditation tape. Also, Dr Weiss explains how such therapy is important and reparative form of healing for patients. It's a very quick read but adds much to the topic.
Kym
Sep 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given this book by a friend after a horrible explosion happened next door and my family has been trying to understand why someone would do something like that. It has helped me to realize everyone has their own journey, and as much as I wished I could have saved / stopped Mike from what he did, I know there is nothing I could have done.
Claudine
Aug 29, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: open minded persons
My idea of a spine tingling read...Brian Weiss introduces you to his ability to bring meaning to the lives of those who suffer from day-to-day issues, all the while stumbling upon an ability which goes against all of his beliefs as a person. To learn from his experience only broadens my thinking of multiple reincarnation theory...great read and a real page turner.
Ledja Dhima
Jun 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Comfortable and hopefull

The author writing is simple and understandable from everyone, regardless of readers' educational background. Terminology is simple. It is a book that tells simple regression experiences of other people and explains the healing power of regression. The book advices on meditation techniques. As l read the book l felt at eased, relaxed and hopeful.
Roberta
May 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Roberta by: my sister, Tonie
Excellent book!
I don't think Dr. Weiss writes any book that isn't intriguing and totally transforming!
My life changed the day I begain to read Many Lives, Many Masters, by Brian Weiss. Past lives/ reincarnation makes sense to me, and answers a lot of questions.
Swapna
Nov 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Was a good read. Possibly post "many lives many masters" and "same soul many bodies" - it didn't make a huge impact ... but some aspects were new n appealing.

Tempted to try techniques in Appendix 1. And possibly will actually excercise what I have been contemplating for a couple of years!
Lesley Botez
Aug 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The writer presents a convincing case for past life regression. After a while though I wondered why all his patients had been victims, surely someone must have been a perpetrator? Riveting stuff though.
Kayla McMillan
Jul 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really great book. My first book about past life regression and it gave a nice overview of the field and how past life regression can be used. Would recommend for someone wanting to learn about past life regression.
Ashwini
Sep 18, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Other books of Brian L.Weiss were thousand times better than this one! All the others gave a great glimpse about reincarnation and the story telling mode was great. This one was not good on any aspect.
  • Life Between Lives: Hypnotherapy for Spiritual Regression
  • Coming Back
  • The Instruction: Living the Life Your Soul Intended
  • Many Mansions: The Edgar Cayce Story on Reincarnation (Signet)
  • Echoes of the Soul: Moving Beyond the Light
  • Closer to the Light: Learning from the Near-Death Experiences of Children
  • Your Soul's Gift: The Healing Power of the Life You Planned Before You Were Born
  • Messages from Your Angels
  • Unfinished Business: What the Dead Can Teach Us About Life
  • Past Lives, Future Lives
  • Edgar Cayce: The Sleeping Prophet
  • Come diventare un Buddha in cinque settimane
As a traditional psychotherapist, Dr. Brian Weiss was astonished and skeptical when one of his patients began recalling past-life traumas that seemed to hold the key to her recurring nightmares and anxiety attacks. His skepticism was eroded, however, when she began to channel messages from "the space between lives," which contained remarkable revelations about Dr. Weiss's family and his dead son. ...more
More about Brian L. Weiss

• Maude
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Here Is Where: Discovering America's Great Forgotten History
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Rational Optimist (P.S.)
    $14.49 $2.99
    $13.99 $2.99
  • Of Wolves and Men (Scribner Classics)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dharma Punx: A Memoir
    $11.49 $1.99
  • Arctic Dreams
    $9.99 $2.99
  • As I Walked Out One Midsummer Morning: A Memoir (The Autobiographical Trilogy Book 2)
  • An Appeal to the World: The Way to Peace in a Time of Division
    $7.74 $1.99
  • Jack and Rochelle: A Holocaust Story of Love and Resistance
  • Catch Me If You Can
    $10.99 $1.99
“Patience and timing . . . everything comes when it must come. A life cannot be rushed, cannot be worked on a schedule as so many people want it to be. We must accept what comes to us at a given time, and not ask for more. But life is endless, so we never die; we were never really born. We just pass through different phases. There is no end. Humans have many dimensions. But time is not as we see time, but rather in lessons that are learned.” 9 likes