Start by marking “Smallville Season 11, Volume 1: Guardian” as Want to Read:
Smallville Season 11, Volume 1: Guardian

Smallville Season 11, Volume 1: Guardian

(Smallville: Season 11 #1)

A New York Times Bestseller!

When we left Clark Kent at the end of Smallville Season 10, he had finally donned the iconic Superman suit and set out to defend Earth from Apokolips. Picking up six months later, Smallville Season 11 explores Clark's understanding of the true power of his Superman identity, its effect on those close to him and its ability to inspire the people
Published April 17th 2013 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about Smallville Season 11, Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Smallville Season 11, Volume 1

Jesse A
Sep 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
This is fine. Not great but decently diverting.
Ali
Feb 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Was fun to read about what happened after Smallville ended but it was a fast read. Unsure I want to keep going at $11.99 a pop. We'll see...
Ben
Jul 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What a great start! I just wish that I could see this come as a real episode. The whole book reads like the first episode of a season, all characters are well written and stay true to the way they were written on the show, and discusses people's reactions to him becoming Superman. Plus, Lex is back and just as evil as ever. Love the set up for a Crisis! Can't wait to read more.

Note to readers: If you have watched all of Smallville, you will love this. Those not familiar with the show will have
Kushnuma
This was amazing! Really enjoyed it and it made me miss the show so much! I loved how the characters were drawn and I read each of their parts in the voice of the actors from the show.

Just AMAZING!
Eric
I am such a sucker.. I know in my heart of hearts I will be buying the next trade paperback so it doesn't matter what I write here.

I hate myself right now.
Jessi
May 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, comics-manga
So cool, the only thing is. They don't really look like themselves half the time.
Aly
May 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Meh. So weird seeing Chloe after the actress sex cult involvement was revealed. FeelsBadMan
Mars
Aug 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gap-year
"Smallville Season 11 Vol. 1: Guardian" picks up six months after the events of the show's season 10 finale. I am a fan of the show, so I had really been looking forward to reading this for some time. However, truth be told, I was a little let down by season 10, so I did not really know what to expect from the continuation of the show in comic book form. Well, now that I have read the first volume, which compiles the first four issues of the series, I can say that I am not disappointed. In fact, ...more
Andrew
Oct 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: smallville fans
Craig
Jun 05, 2013 rated it liked it
It was nice to revisit the Smallville world once again although I wasn't a big fan of the show's last few seasons. I assumed that without budget concerns the graphic novel would focus attention on big action scenes that the producers could never afford and take it away from its strengths. Thankfully they didn't and stayed true to what made the show successful: character driven plots. If you were a fan of the show, (at least when Lex was on it) you will probably like this and if you never watched ...more
Jo
Apr 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Smallville is in my top five favorite TV shows list. To see it continue on through comics is really exciting. The story line is really great, but I was hoping the characters would resemble the shows cast better-they didn't. Other then that, I am hoping this comic is popular enough to continue on for a long, long time.
Nicolas
Apr 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
That's a kind 4 stars. I enjoyed it and it definitely had a Smallville vibe. (I was worried it would be just another Superman story.) It has it's flaws and I wouldn't classify it as a strong start, but they planted some seeds that interested me. I look forward to volume II.
K.L. Townsend
Jul 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Excellent continuation of the series! I loved how the voices matched the Smallville characters and the plot was solid. Nice blend of comic book lore, past incarnations of different characters from different media, all while staying true to the Smallville universe.
thea
Apr 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Off to a great start! It's quite hard to picture the actors from the show in comic book form from time to time. I do like the idea that this takes place in the seven year gap that we saw the finale and I'm so glad we get to see more of evil Lex Luthor back from the dead, I mean, who doesn't????
Jemma
Jun 16, 2013 added it
Shelves: comics
An absolute gem of a comic! It follows on perfectly from the show in a way I couldn't have even imagined. It flows beautifully and the witter banter is present as always and in no way diminished by its move to comic form. I highly recommend this!
John Yelverton
Apr 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book takes up right where the television show left off, and it's a wonderful read!
Timothy
Dec 10, 2012 marked it as to-read
I am so looking forward to this coming on the bn nook color I <3 smallville.
Jen
Feb 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
I just want to see more adventures with Lois and Clark... so yeah, I totally enjoyed this volume.
harlequin {Stephanie}
Jun 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
They get lex back and undersell him up to the very, very end.

Not bad, but a lot of loose ends. They just better not tease me.
Morgan
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Such a great adaptation/continuation of the t.v. series. I wish I could see it acted out as a reboot of the show.
Erin
Jun 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, ebook
Enjoyed the story (because I enjoyed the show), but the art is not great.
Kierra
Nov 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Nice thing.
Although the series was so much better.
Angie
2.5 out of 5, actually. The story is pretty good, but the art is kind of terrible so it's actually very disheartening.
Matthew Dodds
been waiting to read this
M. Adela
Jul 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Best portrayal of Lois Lane in comics right now.
Catherine
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was a huge (HUGE) fan of Smallville, so back when these first came out I started reading them immediately and gave up after one issue.
Mainly because I didn't like the art and getting them online made them hard to read. Now that I can read them in a graphic novel I'm pleased to report that the art has grown on me. It's possible that I've just lowered my standards over the past 7 years (???!!!)
But I enjoyed this a lot! Great to see what these characters that I used to love so much got up to af
Sean
Feb 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Superman fans!
Smallville now continues in comic form!!!! These type of stories are hit or miss when they follow stories that sometimes weren't meant to continue. Here, there is a small element in that. Smallville's TV writers knew that the show was ending so the finale did that. Story ideas probably wouldn't have happened the way they did not for that. That scenario makes this task harder than a normal assignment for a writer. All that being said, Miller does well with that assignment. The characters read lik ...more
David C. Roberson
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
I've been putting off the start of this series for a long while, and I'm thankful I at least waited until Books-A-Million was selling these for 5 bucks.

The writing doesn't feel remotely like Smallville to me. Lois is written as a parody of herself, and Clark seems very off. More Donner Superman than a natural extension of Smallville's Clark Kent. Only Lex seems to be written with the Smallville version of the character in mind.

The art leaves a LOT to be desired as well. I was hoping for fair li
Alex
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
This is really hard for me to rate because I'm not a big comic book fan. But, I just finished an entire rewatch of Smallville for the third time and was dying to know what happened next, so I definitely wanted to give this a try.

I liked this, but it was such a quick read that I can't rate it any higher. Plus, I didn't like the way some of the characters were drawn, which I know is a little shallow but I still found it bothersome.

I'm planning on reading the rest of these, though, because the st
Dan Barker
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun way to continue

Of course, it's not the real comics Superman, but I had fun with the further adventures of Smallville. I wish all comics extending TV shows or movies could do as well.
Clark comes back six months after the show ended, having defeated Darkseid and Apocalypse. People are beginning to react to the superhuman in their midst.
Lex comes back without memories, and full on evil, although he masks it as concern about aliens.
Includes Lois Lane, Green Arrow and Chloe.
Art is fair for this
  • Superboy: Smallville Attacks
  • Charmed: Season 9, Volume 3
  • Secret Invasion: Thor
  • Star Trek: The Next Generation / Doctor Who: Assimilation2 #1
  • Doctor Who: The Time Machine (Destiny of the Doctor, #11)
  • Countdown to Darkness
  • Doctor Who: The Art of Death
  • Doctor Who: The Rising Night (Audio Original)
  • Doctor Who: The Gemini Contagion
  • Doctor Who: Night of the Whisper (Destiny of the Doctor #9)
  • Transitions (Stargate SG-1, #18)
  • Doctor Who: The Eye of the Jungle
  • Farscape Vol. 1: The Beginning of the End of the Beginning
  • Serenity: Leaves on the Wind #3
Bryan Q. Miller is an American television and comic writer most notable for his work on the CW’s “Smallville” and DC’s “Batgirl.” (with Stephanie Brown as Batgirl)

Smallville: Season 11 (5 books)
  • Smallville Season 11, Volume 2: Detective