Start by marking “Janie Face to Face” as Want to Read:
Janie Face to Face

Janie Face to Face (Janie Johnson #5)

3.6  ·  Rating details ·  1,631 Ratings  ·  266 Reviews
In this riveting and emotional conclusion to the thriller-romance Janie series, that started with The Face on the Milk Carton, all will be revealed as readers find out if Janie and Reeve's love has endured, and whether or not the person who brought Janie and her family so much emotional pain and suffering is brought to justice.
Published January 8th 2013 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2013)

Sara
Jan 08, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
How has what was once a pretty original idea for a novel somehow been milked (oh god forgive the pun) into a five book series!?

In stilted, formal prose that seems intended for a twelve year old audience from 1985 despite references to texting and things like Facebook Cooney once again attempts to get still more action out of the troubled, complex life of Janie/Jennie and the wackadoos who make up her circle of family and friends.

Will Janie/Jennie get back together with creepy Reeve? Will her ho
Kaya
Jun 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Susan (Wastepaper Prose)
Where do I begin? Janie Johnson's stories, The Face on the Milk Carton series, are among the few books I've kept since middle and high school. My well-loved, original copies, reread enough times that I stopped counting, remain on my shelf to this day. I was utterly captivated by the tale Caroline B. Cooney spun about a teenage girl shocked out of her comfortable life by the realization that the life she's always known wasn't the own she was always supposed to have. But after four books, question ...more
Ms. Yingling
Janie's been through a lot in the last few years. When she became The Face on the Milk Carton (1990) it was bad enough, but once she dealt with the fact that her parents were not really her parents, she had to figure out Whatever Happened to Janie (1993) and reconnect with her birth family, the Springs. When her boyfriend, Reeve, decides to be The Voice on the Radio (1996) and propel himself into on air popularity by telling Janie's story, Janie's path was clear-- dump him. But when What Janie F ...more
Avril
May 17, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Twenty-three years after the publication of the first in the series, The Face on the Milk Carton, Caroline B. Cooney completes the 'Janie' saga. I read the first when I actually fit into the 'Young Adult' demographic, and was so caught up by the plot that I have read each new book as it came out, no matter how long it had been since the last one. I was excited to find 'Janie Face to Face' in a bookshop on Thursday and devoured it in a couple of hours.

There are problems with a story that covers f
Anne Osterlund
Dec 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Janie heads off to college intent on leaving behind her old family(ies) and her old boyfriend, Reeve, in order to become someone else. Not Jenny Spring, the name she was born with and forgot after being kidnapped. Not Janie Johnson, the name she was given by her kidnapper. Instead, Janie will become Jane.

And she will begin a new life. Perhaps with Michael, who knows nothing about her and about whom she knows nothing.

Until the day when she learns that Michael is “researching” her as a subject for
Tiff at Mostly YA Lit
In the final installment of the Face on the Milk Carton series, Janie is twenty, a sophomore in college, and trying to put the kidnapping behind her. She's made amends with her New Jersey family, while her "kidnap" family has wasted away - her kidnap father Frank has had a stroke and can barely communicate, and her kidnap mother Miranda has moved into a nursing home with him.

Janie feels that she's trying to decide between her two families forever. Meanwhile, there's a true crime writer who is tr
Bryn
Apr 26, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
There are just some books you read as a kid and maybe...they just shouldn't grow with you.

I was a huge Cooney fan in my middle school and even into high school years, so I picked this up for the nostalgia and to see what had happened.

And I realized, no offense to my taste in books as a 12 year old, this really is terrible writing (call me a book snob, I'll live).

It's not a terrible story. It's just told in this removed third person flattened tone with horrible word choice that hearkens back to a
Clementine
Sep 12, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, ya, 2013
In this conclusion to Janie Johnson’s harrowing story about being kidnapped as a child and raised in another family, readers finally get answers to all the questions they have about Janie’s life, Janie’s families, and what happened to Hannah, the woman who kidnapped her.

Except this is a hot mess of a novel and pretty much undoes any of the good that the beginning of the series ever did. Unless you’re a die-hard fan of Cooney’s early 90s series, there’s no reason to pick this one up. Ever. At all
Dana
Mar 23, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have mixed feelings about this book. On the one hand it was a very good book. I enjoyed the story line and the suspense. On the other hand it drove me crazy that the timeline did not match up with the original. In 1990 we did NOT have cell phones. And I didn't know anyone with one until about 1998 when they borrowed their parents. They most certainly did not text or use the internet for social purposes. If the original story took place in 1990 and this book is 5 years later, there should have ...more
The ending (Spoiler Alert) 2 11 Oct 02, 2016 02:22PM
  • POD's
  • Through Glass, Episode Four (Through Glass, #4)
  • Paper Dolls (Dark Carousel, #2)
  • Holocaust Scream
  • Relativity (Sage Hannigan Time Warper, #2)
  • Moments of Reckoning
  • You'll Like It Here (Everybody Does)
  • The Camp
  • Say Something: A Hate List Novella
  • Interim
  • Hidden Like Anne Frank: 14 True Stories of Survival
  • Miss Malarkey Doesn't Live in Room 10
  • The Night Before Summer Vacation
  • Mojo
  • Not Exactly a Love Story
  • Christopher's Diary: Echoes of Dollanganger (Diaries, #2)
  • Better
  • I Hate English!
Caroline Cooney knew in sixth grade that she wanted to be a writer when "the best teacher I ever had in my life" made writing her main focus. "He used to rip off covers from The New Yorker and pass them around and make us write a short story on whichever cover we got. I started writing then and never stopped!"
When her children were young, Caroline started writing books for young people -- with rem
More about Caroline B. Cooney...

Janie Johnson (6 books)
  • The Face on the Milk Carton (Janie Johnson, #1)
  • Whatever Happened to Janie? (Janie Johnson, #2)
  • The Voice on the Radio (Janie Johnson, #3)
  • What Janie Found (Janie Johnson, #4)
  • What Janie Saw (Janie Johnson, #4.5)
“Michael was using a laptop computer in desktop fashion.” 0 likes
“It’s such a good meal tonight. Lemon chicken, carrot-raisin salad, orzo, broccoli, a nice dinner roll, and chocolate pudding.” 0 likes