Start by marking “Bad Yeti (Kate Grable, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Bad Yeti (Kate Grable, #1.5)

Bad Yeti

(Kate Grable #1.5)

Jonah Grable hasn’t minded living in the shadow of his older, zombie fighting sister Kate, but this weekend he’s definitely raising his profile. A weekend of epic epicness—waving swords and flirting with girls in elf ears at his LARP club event—is totally up Jonah’s alley.

But when his alter ego, Sir Talatien Maguirier, Nightdark Clanlord, comes face to face with a real, l
Published November 13th 2012 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Bad Yeti, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad Yeti

Clockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareOpal by Jennifer L. ArmentroutThe Elite by Kiera CassBelonging by Karen Ann HopkinsIf I Should Die by Amy Plum
New Cover Revealed
153 books — 173 voters
Roanoke Ridge by J.J. DupuisDiscount Armageddon by Seanan McGuireKraken by M. CaspianSea Change by S.M. WheelerWorking for Bigfoot by Jim Butcher
Cryptids
225 books — 20 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Bad Yeti (Kate Grable, #1.5)
Carrie
Nov 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Yeah, I read this. Well, first I wrote it, and then I wondered what might be wrong with me, and then I read it and decided I might as well embrace the insanity.
Veronica Morfi
Mar 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating: 4/5

This short story centers around Jonah, Kate's little brother. Jonah is about to venture into the LARP world. This is Live Action Role Playing, where people dress in real life as game or book characters and role play, cosplay comes to my mind everytime I hear about LARP. Anyway, during his LARP camp trip he sees a Yeti, actually the Yeti lands on his tent. With the help of three girls that he kind of has feeling for he will follow the Yeti and uncover a whole operation of creating and
April
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Disappointed Damsel

I had to wait for this book to be purchased at my library; the wait was not worth it. I really liked the first two books, I thought they were funny, energetic, and really imaginative . But this little novella was very disappointing. It's from the brothers point of view instead of the sisters and very short with not even a realistic quality at all. There wasn't even really time to sort out a plot and there wasn't a real ending because you don't know what happens to the creature
Kimberly
Nov 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing

I'd like to start off by saying, before this book I did not truly understand what the term, "LOL". If you haven't ever lol'd when reading something, you will when you read this book.

This was a light, easy, fun read. It was short, so you could bring it with you anywhere, but it was funny. So, unless you want people to give you a Are-You-Insane look when you randomly burst out laughing, I wouldn't suggest taking this to a public place.

We finally, finally get to learn more about Jonah Grable. Jona
Mella
I loved this. Jonah rocks. This isn't as science focused as the first book in the series - instead it focuses on Jonah's interests - gaming and larping. (Live Action Role Playing) If you liked the more logical realistic based science of the first book, you won't really find that here. This is more of a geek male plays hero and finds a whole bunch of mythical creatures story. And it's good. Just different that what you may expect. There were scientific explanations but they're not explored in any ...more
Midu Hadi
Rebecca
Dec 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
As much as I love Kate Grable and her zombie (and possibly werewolf) fighting ways, I adore her younger brother, Jonah. He's just the right mix of enthusiasm and geeky charm, and he (rightfully) get's his own novella in BAD YETI to explore that mixture. As chivalrous - and perhaps as bold - as his alter ego, Sir Talatien Maguirier, Jonah/Tal discovers creatures that his sister would never believe in, and tries to help them in whatever way he can. It's a lighthearted romp through a list of awesom ...more
Valerie
Yeti Master

Wow, Jonah, Aka Sir Tal is a bad ass. At his game players camp a Yeti drops in. Jonah and the girls decide to go where it leads them. It turns out not to be a good place.
This was a fun, exciting little story. Jonah is so brave for some of the stuff he has been through. He's a hero! I loved this book!
Kimm
Dec 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a cute little side trip into Jonah's life after zombiehood (zombiedom?). It was fanciful, fun, and as expected funny. I was happy to revisit Ms. Harris' world again, for a bit of lighthearted adventure. I find that the characters are strangely reminiscent of Scooby-Doo, except those meddling kids find out the monsters are real!
Lonnie
Oct 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ennis finally got Overdrive (I've missed having it this last year!) and this was the first ebook I downloaded last night. It was just a short little novella that took an hour to read, but it was fun :-)
Louisa
Oct 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Great short story, Jonah really makes the right decision, to have the creatures go off into the woods, so no one beyond crazy-dude and the buyers really know about them, so they were safe. Yep. Good book!
Jessica
Jan 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Jonah. [3
melissa
Nov 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Neat little novella that follows Kate's brother, Jonah, as he goes away for a LARP weekend and finds new beasties.
Mar 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Cute quick story, nothing special
Olivia
May 09, 2013 rated it liked it
6/10 for slightly entertaining parody worthy extremely dry humour.
Tabs
Jan 14, 2013 rated it did not like it
To be honest this story wasn't really my cup of tea. Was well written but just not my kind of story.
Val
Nov 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
cute and quick read
Trisha
Jan 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Jonah is too cute. It was great to hang out with him and all his mystic creature goodness.
some cute parts and I loved all the geek terminology and references.

a good light quick read!
Kylie
Dec 17, 2012 rated it liked it
More fun. Love Carrie Harris's writing style.
Hallie
Dec 27, 2014
Lisa
rated it did not like it
Nov 11, 2012
Apr 07, 2015
Joely
Jan 04, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Importance of Being Earnest: A Trivial Comedy for Serious People is a play
  • Yeast of Eden (Pancake House Mystery, #4)
  • A Date with Darcy (Bookish Boyfriends, #1)
  • In Prior's Wood (Max Tudor #7)
  • Yesternight
  • Mind Over Monsters (F.R.E.A.K.S. Squad Investigation, #1)
  • Of Spice and Men (Pancake House Mystery #3)
  • Shards of Murder (A Webb's Glass Shop Mystery, #2)
  • Pane and Suffering (A Webb's Glass Shop Mystery, #1)
  • Honey-Baked Homicide (Down South Café Mystery #3)
Carrie Harris is a geek-of-all-trades and proud of it. Brains are her specialty; she used to work at a lab where they were delivered daily via FedEx. After that, it seemed only natural to write a zombie book. Now she lives in Utah with her ninja-doctor husband and three zombie-obsessed children.

Kate Grable (2 books)
  • Bad Taste in Boys (Kate Grable, #1)
  • Bad Hair Day (Kate Grable, #2)