Start by marking “Seducing a Mermaid” as Want to Read:
Seducing a Mermaid

Seducing a Mermaid

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  61 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
Sam Vanikey is under tremendous pressure.

His new gallery opens in less than a month and he has yet to produce any art in over a year. His inspiration is gone after leaving Angie and depression threatens to rob him of the life he loves. Sheila, his supportive sister sequesters Sam on an exclusive island getaway off the coast of Seattle.

Getting his life back together is his
ebook, First Edition , 32 pages
Published August 6th 2012 by Karli Rush (first published August 5th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Seducing a Mermaid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seducing a Mermaid

Heather Alexander
Aug 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
I was given this book in return for an honest review. Super short easy read. Sam goes to stay in seclusion at his sister's, fiance's private home on the ocean. He is opening an art gallery and needs some special pieces to add for opening night. He goes down to the ocean to paint and finds a girl named Jewels. She has come in response to the music playing on his phone. She comes and disappears at random times. Sam is soon obsessed with her. He also will soon come to find out what her secret is an ...more
Susanna Mahoney
Aug 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Wow is what this reader can say about this short novella, no more like a teaser. It is breath taking written portrait with human language, description of poetic justice. It is about a painter and his object of delight, a mermaid, they become so immensely enmeshed emotionally, physically and spiritually with each, he can no longer tell the difference between reality and fantasy.

Questioning if she a figment of his imagination, yet there is evidence he is not going insane, the kitchen floor is wet
J.M. Zuniga
Aug 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Sam Vanikey is under tremendous pressure.
Getting his life back together is his goal. As he relaxes on the beach searching for relinquished insight, something happens. This sends Sam into a series of unfor
Virginia McKevitt
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A wistful tale of a lonely artist who goes to his sister's cottage on an island to restore his faith in himself. Almost immediately the ocean seems to revive his passion for his art, but a deeper passion quickly unfolds between the artist and a mysterious woman who appears from nowhere. She is there one minute and gone the next, leaving him with only his best work to show she was ever there.
Was she a figment of his imagination, or is she real? Almost crazed with the thought of her he leaves the
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Just finished reading "Seducing A Mermaid" by Karli Rush

A cute short story. Is there more to this story, Like a story before this story or maybe a story after this one? If not there should be.

Jewels says to Sam "No Sam, you came back. (Like there's a story explaining the past of Sam) Come...I have so much I wish to share with you." (I would think this would lead for a story for the future of them)

5 STARS all the way....I won this book at an event I attended. Thank you Karli
Such a fun great si
Kym Grosso
Sep 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Short & Sweet Fantasy Read

Sam, who's an artist who falls for a woman, Jewel. But is she real? Sam can't figure out if he's dreaming, but he thinks he's met the love of his life. She comes and goes out of his life without telling him about who she really is or where she lives. His sister tries to set him up with someone, but he's not interested, determined to find Jewel.

This book's a short fantasy that is a fun and light read. It does leaves you wondering about what world is out there and wh
Literary  Chanteuse
Nov 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
A mesmerizing short story that mixes whimsy, mystique and an enchanting mermaid. The setting at a private beach house gives an instant feel of solitude and from the beginning you feel as though you can hear the waves crashing and feel the sand between your toes. The intensity of the relationship between David and Jewels is a little quick but considering it is a short story and that she is a siren I guess one can not expect any less. If you are a particular fan of mermaids don't miss this one.
Katrina
Apr 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
A short Story that held my attention..It was fast paced and SAM and Jewels were likable characters..Sam was an artist who was in a slump , went to his sisters beach house to paint.. Instead of just painting he finds love in an eerie sort of way.. Worth a read. I like this author and the way she tells a story..
Tara Wood
Aug 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this story. If you’re looking for a quick and enjoyable read - this is it. The story is sweet and engaging. Nothing heavy, just a great story full of emotion. The element of fantasy is artfully captured in these few pages. Ms. Rush writes a colorful tale that is both sweeping and wistful. Great summer beach read.
Karen
Feb 25, 2013 rated it liked it
Nice short story for a quick afternoon read, but it left me wanting to know more about the main character. The interest in his phone, and her innocence was very sincere. I enjoyed how it was his ringtone that lured her out of the water.
 Patches Braz
Nov 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
What a read. I loved the premise of this book. Paranormal on the sly!!!!!

A very nice short read. I really enjoyed this book and the Characters were so awesome.

I recommend this book. It will not be disappointing.
DeAnna Kinney
Feb 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a super cute read. It was quick and charming. I was turning the pages quickly to find out what happens next. I recommend this to all paranormal romance lovers. Great job Karli Rush. I will be reading more of your work.
Mayra
Oct 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
*I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. *

Karli Rush, has done it again! I absolutely loved this story from beginning to end. I was looking for more but, sadly there wasn't any more. Karli, please write more!!!
Diana
Jun 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great short story!
Christina Moore
Jan 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
I thought it was great and I wanted to know more!If Karli ever decided to expand this story, I would so read it!
Emily Walker
Nov 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
I found Seducing a Mermaid a well-written and enchanting tale. It was a great short read and I recommend it to those who are looking for something a little bit different.
Lindsay
Nov 01, 2012 marked it as kindle-i-own-to-read
Amazon Freebie 11/1/2012
Best Bad Book I Ever Read

This story is easy to like. Frustrated artist sequesters himself on an island to find his painting mojo and discovers a mysterious and lovely naked woman on the beach. The writing, on the other hand, had me alternately barking with laughter and cursing at my ereader.

In places, the writing reads like Mad-Libs. It's as if someone plugged in random words, words that sound "close enough," adjectives in place of nouns, etc. Some examples:
•Her agility to keep me entertained..
Theresa Needham fehse
Feb 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Free book for honest review. juliesbookreview.blogspot.com

Sam is on the verge of a big new art gallery. He is becoming pretty famous but has been in a rut with his art. To get some solace and hopefully a muse, he goes to his sisters home out on the island. He finds more than his muse. Will he be able to follow his heart when the time comes?

This is a novella and I didn't want to give away to much of the story. Easy read in one sitting. 17+ and older recommended, there are some pretty good love
Shelly Hammond
Feb 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant! This story is short and sweet. It flows perfectly and keeps the readers interest from start to finish without fail. It's one of those stories that once it's started, it's hard to put down. It's the exact length it needs to be and has an ending leaves you 100% satisfied. The author builds strong characters and evokes powerful emotions throughout the entire story. I admit it. I shed a tear or two! I really loved this story a lot and I'll be sure to check out more by the author just to s ...more
Angela(demonsangel) Fitzgerald
Review posted on Audible
Carol Ward
Dec 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this story, despite the fact it was such a quick read. The ending was perfect.
Kara Clark
To short. Needed something more.
Sep 27, 2012 rated it it was ok

Ehh.
Feb 15, 2013 rated it it was ok
I just didn't feel any emtional connection between Sam and Jewels... The book was to short to build that much needed connection that would make me care about the characters...
Tor Cassie
rated it did not like it
Jun 02, 2013
Jan 11, 2014
Angela
Dec 01, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »

Karli Rush was born in the heart of Cherokee Nation and lives in its capital. Her Native American heritage holds sway over her writing in many ways. She has the patience of a brain surgeon operating under fire in a war zone. You can chalk that up to her being the mother of an autistic kiddo. With the passion of a starving artist, she writes. The obsession to tell her tales have led her to write no