Start by marking “The Space Between” as Want to Read:
The Space Between

The Space Between

(Disney Fairies: The Never Girls #2)

It's not fair! Just as they were settling in at Pixie Hollow, Kate, Mia, Lainey and Gabby have to go home! Tinker Bell says no kids have ever come back to Never Land, but Lainey refuses to believe it. Will she never get to ride a deer through the woods again? And how can she learn the languages of animals away from the fairies?
Even when the girls leave Never Land, its
Published January 8th 2013 by RH/Disney

To ask other readers questions about The Space Between, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Space Between

Start your review of The Space Between
Kaija Bullock
May 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2017
Finished this in one night!
Lindsey
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
These cute little girls and these cute little fairies! Love!!
Breanna
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Never Girls: the space between
Summary: Continuing from the first book, in a blink, Kate, Lainey, Mia, and Gabby have made it home. Before the girls left Never Land, Lainey was spending a lot of time with an animal-talent fairy named Fawn. Fawn believed Lainey could be an animal-talent Clumsy so she was teaching Lainey how to talk to animals. Once Lainey was back home, she tried talking to the neighbor dog with no luck. Just as she arrived at her house, she spotted Milkweed, a dairy mouse
Ellen
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another tiny discrepancy between this and Peter Pan's world: The Space Between is all about another unusual way to get into Neverland. This time it's a small crack or whole between the two worlds. Even so, the stories remain charming and have some solid messages for the reader about developing talents.

Lainey fears she has no talent, but has a deep connection to animals. In Neverland, she's learning how to speak to them like a real animal-talent fairy, or at the very least, an animal-talent
Sheila
Mar 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
The girls go back home but Milkweed, a mouse, seems to come through with them. Mia's cat seems to be missing now. Then Lainey discovers a breach in a fence near their homes. Lainey goes back and finds Mia's cat who is reeking havoc in Never Land among the fairies. What is going on?

I enjoyed the girls finding a breach in the area between earth and Never Land. I also liked them fixing what the cat has done to the fairies. I like that there will be more stories between the girls and Never Land.
Courtney Umlauf
This is a sweet series, especially good for very advanced young readers. The writing is great and features a varied vocabulary, but the content is light and appropriate for little ones.

Series Review | TpT Store | Pinterest
Jennifer Girard
It was a cute story but it was kinda repetitive. I'm not too sure if I'll continue the series...
Kylee Makenna
Apr 16, 2019 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the book but it was not as good as the first one. It was very wordy and had a simple plot line.
Susan
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The second installment in the Never Girls series finds the girls returning home but a discovery of a hole between their backyard and Never Land.
Jessica Hartley
My daughter enjoyed it but not as much as the first one.
Rose
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it was good
Stacy Renee  (LazyDayLit)
Finished this up and now I need to hustle on finding the sequels.

This review was originally shared on Lazy Day Literature.

Mia, Kate, Lainey, and Gabby returned home from Never Land at the end of In A Blink and are not too happy about it when they realize the bag of fairy dust the Queen gave them has disappeared. And so has the cat! Meanwhile, in Pixie Hollow, Fawn realizes that one of the dairy mice, Milkweed, is missing, and in her search for him finds a portal to the Clumsies' world!

This was a
Pop Bop
Jun 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
The Girls Remain Appealing Companions

This is the second book in the Never Girls series. I was pleased with the first book and this book is equally good and follows closely upon the first. "Never Girls" is a very engaging series. It seems well designed for its intended audience - readers who are ready for a book that is just a bit more advanced than a basic chapter book.

The four girls who visit Pixie Hollow, (Kate, Mia, Lainey, and Gabby), continue to display distinct personalities and are more
Christina
Feb 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm not sure I like the book switching point of view and perspectives to a different girl. still think the plot is cute and inventive. love the interactions between the kids.
Andrea
Oct 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-lit
Original Summary: While Kate, Lainey, Mia, and Gabby were having the time of their lives in Pixie Hollow, they all knew that it would soon come to an end. Skye, the seeing- talent fairy, rushed to tell the girls that it was time to leave; if they did not leave now, they may never know when they might get a chance again. But as the girls settled back into normal life, something still seemed very off. There were mice with bells, cats missing, and flamingos in the garden! Pixie Hollow was with them ...more
Dharia Scarab
Jul 22, 2016 rated it liked it

Myself, I go
Linda Lou
Jun 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the Never Girls series and focuses, more or less, on Lainey, the shyer of the girls. Lainey is an average kid and feels that she has no talents...nothing special. She feels she just kinda blends in and is not really noticeable. She soon discovers that she does have a talent and she is "awakening" to her self. This is a story of one girl's journey of beginning. I think this book is better than the first. I have sent this to my 6 year old granddaughter. I can't wait for ...more
Dean Deters
The space between
Summary-The space between is about a little girl in Never land.Then she went home her frinds and finds out that a Never land mouse is in her house.Now she needs to find a way back to Never land.
Setting-This story takes place in the present and they're swiching from home tto Never land.
character trait-Lainey wish is she could talk to animals and shes nice caring and loves animal very much.
Most important event-I think the most important event is the cat goes in Never land and
Becky Keir Grace
Dec 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, fairies
The second book in the Fairies series is another fun, quick read. The girls are returning home and are told that no one ever gets to come back. They are very upset, especially Lainey, who has a love of animals and was learning their language. Once back home they notice things seem to be a little off. What is happening with the magic?

This book focuses around Lainey and her desire to learn how to communicate with the animals. Of the four girls, she is the one with the lowest self-esteem. This book
Sydney
Oct 13, 2006 rated it it was amazing
its about Fawn went to the human world and a Mia's cat followed her back and causing trouble but Milkweed a mice isn't in his stall.back where Lainey is Lainey found Milkweed and tells her friends in Mia's backyard. somehow a flamingo is in there backyard then Kate grabs a net and tries to capture the flamingo and Lainey gets the net out of her friend when she tries to let go of the net she is caught by her bracelet and the flamingo is heading toward the fence when the go through the fence they ...more
Kaytee
Aug 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
there are girls that know about pixie hollow there names are lainey,mia,gabby who mostley beleives in faries and kate they adveture never land there are faries who live there the girls and faries are friends there was a big hole in the fence that seperated pixie hollow and the girls land they could go to there land anytime
Katie
Apr 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
All three of my kids enjoyed this book (although Myles told me he didn't like it too much once I was finished yet he never complained when I read it). It was a quick and easy read. Nothing at all inappropriate. Perfect for their ages (2, 4, and 6)
Bridget
Jan 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library
it was a really good book I am in middle school and even I think this book is really good. It is a fun cute fast read for me I would recommend this book to all of my friends. This series is one of my favorite Disney fairy series.
Bel
Jan 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Second book in the series and I actually enjoyed it much more than the first. We've been reading roughly a chapter a week but as the story got going, this week we've been reading a chapter a night. Tonight we read 4 chapters straight to finish it off and I genuinely can't wait to read the next one!
Thomasin
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was ok
Six yr old enjoyed it, three yr old did not. I am less inclined to overlook the "Clumsy" derogatory term fairies are using for humans, but still moving through (perhaps they'll knock it off in the third book?). Onward!
Sara-Zoe Patterson
I can see how 2nd grade girls are going to like this series - fairies, but not dumb. Full of adventure, and lots and lots of space to further the adventure in your own imagination - fodder for dreaming and playing.
Amanda Lasen
I didn't think this book was as great as the first one. My little sister (7-years-old) didn't like it as much either. It just wasn't as exciting as the last one. I found it to be a bit boring, honestly. We look forward to the next one which we hope will have the same magical ambiance of the first.
Steve
Jan 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Still such a fun idea and held the attention of my daughter thoroughly, but felt less substantial and more inconsequential than the first book. For just over 100 pages, I feel like this adventure should have covered much more ground than it did.
Deanna
Aug 26, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-with-kids
My girls really enjoy these Never Land books and the fairy world adventures. They ask for at least 2 or more chapters at a time.
Moo
May 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Two star rating at age 7, five at age 8.

• Disney Never Girls in a Blink (Disney Never Girls Chapter Bk)
  • A Summer Spell (Magic Kitten, #1)
  • Ivy and Bean and the Ghost That Had to Go
  • Belle the Birthday Fairy
  • High Tide in Hawaii (Magic Tree House, #28)
  • The Invisible Island (A to Z Mysteries, #9)
  • January Joker (Calendar Mysteries, #1)
  • Ivy and Bean
  • If the Shoe Fits (Whatever After, #2)
  • Ivy and Bean: Bound to be Bad
  • Frozen: The Junior Novelization
  • The Absent Author (A to Z Mysteries, #1)
  • Nancy Clancy, Super Sleuth (Nancy Clancy Chapter Books #1)
  • Mercy Watson Thinks Like a Pig
  • Dragon of the Red Dawn (Magic Tree House, #37)
  • Ivy and Bean Take Care of the Babysitter
  • Mercy Watson: Something Wonky This Way Comes
  • Amelia Bedelia Means Business (Amelia Bedelia Chapter Books #1)
KIKI THORPE has written or adapted over fifty books for children. A former children's book editor, she now writes full time from San Francisco.

Disney Fairies: The Never Girls (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • In a Blink
  • A Dandelion Wish
  • From the Mist
  • Wedding Wings
  • The Woods Beyond
  • A Pinch of Magic
  • Far from Shore
  • Before the Bell (Disney Fairies: The Never Girls, #9)
  • On the Trail (Disney Fairies: The Never Girls, #10)
  • Into the Waves (Disney Fairies: The Never Girls #11)