Start by marking “In a Blink” as Want to Read:
In a Blink

In a Blink

(Disney Fairies: The Never Girls #1)

The Disney Fairies star in a magical all-new early chapter book series for kids ages 6 to 10—The Never Girls!

The smell of salt water, a gust of seabreeze, and the bell-like ringing of a fairy's laugh are the only hints that something magical is happening to Kate, Mia, Lainey, and Gabby. In a blink of an eye, the four friends are whisked out of their ordinary lives to the m
Published January 8th 2013 by RH/Disney (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about In a Blink, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In a Blink

Rebecca McNutt
Dec 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Not bad; I'm not much of a Disney person but at least In A Blink had a decent use of vocabulary and some interesting characters. I hate when writers feel the need to dumb down middle-grade fiction by removing larger words and phrases, as if anyone under the age of 13 must have an IQ in the negative range. I'm glad that this book didn't stoop to that kind of style.
Patricia
Oct 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: just-for-fun
So, where is Peter Pan in all this? (My daughter cutely suggested that perhaps Peter Pan is on vacation and that "maybe Pixie Hollow has different rules than the rest of Neverland). What I mean is, why are the fairies and Clumsies so worried about being able to leave Neverland? Peter Pan took the Darlings back and should theoretically be able to take the Clumsies back. Peter Pan can fly back and forth between worlds after all. Perhaps, I missed the part in the book where we learn that there a Ne ...more
Kaley
Jul 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We are HUGE Peter Pan fans in our house, and could not be more thrilled with the many ways his legacy continues. This most recent nod to the boy who never grew up is every bit as much fun as we could have hoped for! This first book in a brand new series will delight parents who love Peter as much as the girls who will read it and want to be Never Girls themselves. My daughter is hooked already. Well done, Disney!
Becky Keir Grace
Dec 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
What a fun book! In a Blink is a quick read, but perfect for those 6-10 years old. I think this would be a great book for one of the book clubs I run.

Three friends, Mia, Kate and Lainey are playing soccer when the start to notice odd things happening. Then, Mia's little sister, Gabby begins talking to a fairy, and since she is known for her playing make believe, this does not strike them odd, until they all end up in Neverland! This caused quite a bit of chaos since "Clumsies" as the humans are
Linda Lou
Jun 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
I picked this book and the next one, The Space Bewteen, at Sams club. The titles intrigued me; but I was unable to open the books up since they ere wrapped in plastic. I did manage to get a peek, though, and decided that my six year old granddaughter would be able to read these, I gave in to my impulse to read In a Blink before sending it off to my granddaughter and I am glad I did. I found the story to be enjoyable and full of adventure. The development of the characters flowed well and they we ...more
Giselle Bradley
Sep 15, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I wish that children's authors would please realize that children for the most part are very smart. I wouldn't give this book to my (future) children because it's full of stupid characters being stupid. It also has no continuity with the Pixie Hollow books (which are a million times better than this! Even though they don't make much sense either...). I'm just sick of reading children's books where the author is so obviously writing for unintelligent people. The story didn't make sense, the chara ...more
Mehsi
This looked like an interesting book, however I was mostly annoyed at the changing POVs at every moment, Tinkerbell is still a stupid fairy and should explode in a pile of fairy dust.

So since I am not really in the mood for a normal review, I will do my good/bad review.

Good:
-Yay! We are finally back at Neverland. So happy that someone decided to write books about it again. And this time not about Peter, oh no, about the fairies that live there.
-I love the fairies and their abilities. Each one ha
May 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
My 3 daughters loved it and we are on the search for the next one!
Jennifer Girard
It was very a cute and short story. I will read the next ones for sure! I love how this is inspired by the Tinker Bell movies!
Annette
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review by Grace, age 7, 3/17/18

This is a book about four girls: Kate, Mia, Lainey, and Gabby. When they were playing "Monkey in the Middle," Gabby saw a fairy in the flower garden. And then, suddenly, "blink!", they were in the fairy world - but they didn't know that! They didn't know where they were, and they started getting scared. But they actually made friends with the fairy and they got a room. They were happy, but they were scared that their mothers would be afraid. So they sent a note tha
Sharon Tyler
Mar 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
In a Blink is a childrens book written by Kiki Thorpe and illustrated by R.H. Disney. It is scheduled for release on January 8 2013, and will begin a new Disney series titled Never Girls for readers between 6 and 10. Never Land is a place with a mind of its own. Sometimes it travels close to those that believe enough to visit. The story starts with three friends playing in the back yard. Kate, Mia, and Laney are having fun. However, they are quickly distracted by strange things happening and lit ...more
Future Slayer Girl
This was absolutely adorable, clever, and very very well written.

This is a series I have to catch up with my daughter because she's on book six and she wants to buddy read. In the AR book system this is rated as 3.4 which is nearly halfway through third grade. This was a quick, yet clever and quite engaging read. I liked how each girl had a very solid personality, I found myself engaging more than others. Each fairy was adorable and I could see them in my head from the movies. Tinkerbelle seeme
Amanda Caldwell
In a Blink is the story of four friends who are playing one day, when they are accidentally sent to Never Land. Never Land is a magical place filled with all sorts of lovely and enchanting things to discover, just like in the Disney movie Peter Pan. This book is based on the concept of that movie, but with a modern twist and so far no Peter Pan appears, though there is mention of "lost" children, who will never grow up. Even though there's no Peter Pan, there is, of course, fairies. Plenty of ne ...more
Estelle
Review originally posted on Rather Be Reading

It’s been awhile since I read a kid’s chapter book, and what better than to tap into my love of all things Disney and fantastical? The Never Girls are three best friends with the addition of Mia’s little sister, Gabby, who are magically transported to the land of many talented fairies on an ordinary afternoon.

It’s sweet, cute, and a quick read and will certainly be enjoyable for the new reader or even to take along and read to the little fairies in yo
Rachel
May 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Reviewed for www.compassbookratings.com

Overall Review:
Take a trip to Never Land in In A Blink, the first book in a new series from Disney. In A Blink introduces readers to The Never Girls -- four friends who mysteriously find themselves in Pixie Hollow with the one and only Tinker Bell. Author Kiki Thorpe delivers this fun tale about fairies, friendship and magic and even includes several of Tinker Bell's well-known friends.

In a Blink is an early chapter book and has a 2.4 (second grade) readi
Bel
Jan 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
I've been reading this book with the kids as a bedtime story. It's 10 chapters long, each one ideal for a chapter per night. The storyline is pretty interesting, especially if you're a big Disney fan like we all are. Book 1 didn't really have much depth to it though, more of an opening storyline. I'm hoping the other books have a bit more going on. The story is basically about 4 girls who end up visiting Never Land. They spend majority of their time at Pixie Hollow, meeting Tinker Bell as well a ...more
Basht
May 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
Llusion liked it, which is the biggest point because I didn't read it for me. The thing that I hated was that the characters are so far removed from the ones that are shown everywhere else. I mean when the hell has vidia ever stolen pixie dust? And why did every flipping job have a talent, when really they are broken down into groups. There aren't talents for every little thing. And the whole set up of pixie hollow was wrong, down to the homes and just... ugh!!!
Basically all these changes made
Rachel Holland
Apr 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
I'm a big Tinkerbell and Pixie Hollow fan. I've been eyeing this cute chapter book series for some time now just to get my fairy fix before the movie "The Pirate Fairy" was released. It was a short but fun read, and I will be recommending the series to parents at my work now!!!

Oh, and I'm definitely buying and reading the rest of the series because it will look so cute on my bookshelf. Maybe I'll start a Peter Pan shelve.
Shazzer
A sweet beginning to a new sub-series of Disney Fairies. Four girls find themselves accidentally transported to Neverland and in the company of the fairies of Pixie Hollow, including Tinker Bell, who's less than happy to see them. Readers new to the world of Pixie Hollow will get a tour and lots of tidbits, and fans of the earlier series will be glad to see some of their favorites return (me: Prilla! I love Prilla!) This will be an easy booktalk for fairy fans.
Madelyn
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was ok
This was my eight-year-old granddaughter's choice for our two person book club, and the inaugural book. While trite and fairly unoriginal, I can see where young, female readers would enjoy the story. I was surprised by the lack of anything negative; no feelings of fright or being homesick for the girls spirited away in NeverLand, and no consequences for sneaking out at night or for stealing fairy dust to fly. I think I will offer up a classic like The Secret Garden for our next book to share.
Jessalyn King
Dec 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: early-reader
I picked this up for illustration inspiration. The black and white illustrations are just lovely. As is the layout. Otherwise it's a decent book. The story is nice (although a little worrisome, from an adult's perspective), and the writing's mostly good, although a little stilted. All in all, better than I was expecting.
Allie L.
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I finished reading this book-in a blink! (well, sort of)

I only read this book because I am a fan of the Disney Fairies. Because this book is meant for kids with a reading level of a 2nd-4th grader, it only took me about 35-40 minutes to read (not to mention the large font with the double-spaced type and illustrations that take up half the page at the beginning of each chapter.
Laurel
Apr 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a really fun book to read with the kids. My six year old liked it so much that she couldn't wait for me and took it to bed with her to read the whole thing herself. Its not great literature, but its a really fun hot dog book that definitely encourages reading. We will want to check out the whole series.
Steve
Jan 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Such a cute book and delightful idea for a series. My rating may be more reflective of how much I'm enjoying reading these with my daughter, but the short stories are fun and enjoyable and take her imagination so may places.
Erika B. (SOS BOOKS)
Feb 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: middle-reader
3.5 stars and I'm clapping because I believe! :-) The smell of salt water, a gust of sea breeze, and the bell-like ringing of a fairy's laugh are the only hints that something magical is happening to four girls. I'm a sucker for a cute Peter Pan story and this is perfect for beginner readers! :-)
Vanessa Perez
Jul 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Four real girls who get to go to Neverland. My daughter loved it. I really like that it allowed her to use her imagination a little longer while providing elements of reality to build her reading skills. I would recommend this book for strong readers in first grade.
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: the-never-girls
it was really good since I know who tink and her gang are. but some characters people don't know I know almost all of them so it was easy to read
May 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Great story for kids, kind of short though
Apr 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Cute book- fun adventures for little ones
Kim
Sep 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-child, 2013
35 Read for Emilie, but I'm still counting it! Probably read it in July sometime
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Heidi Heckelbeck in Disguise
  • Nancy Clancy, Super Sleuth
  • Trouble at Trident Academy
  • Young Knights Of The Round Table (Young Knights Trilogy, #1)
  • Lara the Black Cat Fairy (Rainbow Magic: Magical Animals Fairies, #2)
  • Sylva and the Fairy Ball
  • The Rainbow Wand (Fairy Realm, #10)
  • Chocolate Dreams
  • Amy and the Missing Puppy (The Critter Club, #1)
  • My Little Pony: Applejack and the Honest-to-Goodness Switcheroo
  • Clover's Luck (The Magical Animal Adoption Agency, #1)
  • Daisy Dawson Is on Her Way! (Daisy Dawson, #1)
  • Disney Princess - Belle: The Mysterious Message
  • Princess Posey and the Perfect Present (Princess Posey, #2)
KIKI THORPE has written or adapted over fifty books for children. A former children's book editor, she now writes full time from San Francisco.

Disney Fairies: The Never Girls (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • The Space Between
  • A Dandelion Wish
  • From the Mist
  • Wedding Wings
  • The Woods Beyond
  • A Pinch of Magic
  • Far from Shore
  • Before the Bell (Disney Fairies: The Never Girls, #9)
  • On the Trail (Disney Fairies: The Never Girls, #10)
  • Into the Waves (Disney Fairies: The Never Girls #11)
“Nobody in Pixie Hollow has seen her.” 0 likes