Start by marking “Sacrifices (Kiera's Quest, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sacrifices (Kiera's Quest, #2)

Sacrifices

(Kiera's Quest #2)

After almost beating the villainous Witch Queen, Kiera’s triumph is tainted with sadness for the loss of Joe and Daz.

When the handsome Prince Zakk asks Kiera to re-enter his world in order to save her friend, she does not hesitate.

On their perilous journey Kiera realizes that she is there to save many lives. As she comes face to face with her evil nemesis once again, Kiera
Published August 3rd 2012 by Muse It Up (first published July 31st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Sacrifices, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sacrifices

Dianne
Jul 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Win Great Stocking Stuffers from Kristy Brown for tweens! Books one & two of her Kiera's Quest Series!
Click on Banner to Enter - Open Internationally where allowed - Ends Dec 13, 2015

On your mark, Get set, aaaaand WE’RE OFF! At a blistering pace of adventure, action and danger, Kiera and Prince Zakk are crossing realms to save Kiera’s friend from the villainous clutches of the Witch Queen. Kiera’s Quest: Sacrifices by the wildly creative Kristy Brown continues Kiera’s quest to discover why
Rebecca {Not reviewing at the moment}
'Kiera opened her eyes to view the colourless sky above. Everything seemed hazy. Her brain felt like a sponge, like it was too big for her head. Her body ached and was angry with her. Then she remembered.'

(view spoiler)
Kate’s Book Spot
Aug 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Firstly I’d like to thank Kristy Brown for sending me this eBook to read and review. I previously read, and really enjoyed, the first book in the Kiera’s Quest series Kiera’s Quest: Awakenings so I was looking forward to this one which is the second in the series.

Again this jumped straight into the action following Kiera and Zakk as they tried to save her friend, the addition of Jude and Alex made things very interesting with Kiera becoming a little bit jealous and territorial over Zakk. The won
Forever YA Fiction
Oct 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book starts off right where the first book ended. We must say Sacrifices is just as good or maybe a bit better than the first book Awakenings. This story is incredible and has an ending you do not see coming.Sacrifices is filled with action, a little romance, and wonderful adventures that combine the world of Vortex, which we wish really existed, and Earth. Kristy does a remarkable job ending each chapter with a cliffhanger that makes it difficult to put the book down. She also has a brill ...more
Paul
Aug 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Kiera’s Quest: Sacrifices is the wonderfully inventive sequel to the hugely enjoyable Awakenings, released last year.

Filled with action and adventure, Kiera’s quest to save her best friend is fraught with even more danger, more double crossing, and sewer tunnels filled with poo! The cast of characters remains as colourful as ever, with the introduction of new faces adding to the charm of Awakenings.

Alongside Kiera again is Zakk, Prince of Zantar, and newbie, Mouse, a cheeky little Nerakian who
Book Chatter-Cath
For a reasonably short read, Sacrifices has a lot going on.

Lots of new friends and some new foes; a few friendly faces re-appear, and some new twists and turns make for a non stop reading adventure.

However, lots of scene changes and different points of view did make it a slightly disjointed read, I mean 28 chapters in less than 80 pages? Overall I think it worked out okay, but it did take me a few of those chapters to get back into the fast paced world that author Kristy Brown has created.

Well
Nick Cook
Jun 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Kiera's Quest: Sacrifices is the wonderful sequel to Kristy Brown's first book, Awakenings. The heady pace continues and I soon found myself being swept along by the story as Kiera's adventure twists and turns through a fantastical world. Kristy's characters jump from the page, are well rounded, with some great wise-cracking dialogue that had me frequently grinning as I read. If there was a scale for measuring the amount of creative energy vibrating within the pages of a book, out of ten this wo ...more
Rebekah
Sep 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
This AMAZING author asked me to review this and all I can say is, WOW! What a fun series! And Geez SOOOOO many twists and turns! By the time I was done reading I was like, "what just happened???"

In this book the plot thickens as we follow Zakk and Kiera back in the clutches of the evil Queen and what friends you think are friends are not and the relationship between Kiera and Zakk is not what it should be and MAN this is nuts!

SO if you are look of a fantasy QUICK read? this is it! check these b
Jacquie Talento
Jan 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This story picks up where the other left off in Kiera’s Quest. I was one of the lucky ones to win a copy of this follow up story by Ms. Brown and she has again left me on the edge of my seat. We dive right in where the other left off and Kiera and Zakk are now on a mission to save her friends but at what costs? Friends become traitors and both worlds are in trouble from the Witch Queen. What plans does the evil witch have up her sleeve now for Kiera and her friends? You will have to read it to f ...more
Lynn Worton
Jan 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received a complimentary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

This is the second book in a YA series for children aged 9 to 16. I really enjoyed it!

Kiera Matthews is a wonderful character. She is a typical young teen with hopes and dreams. I liked her very much. She is kind, caring and sensible. However, after meeting Zakk, a prince from Zantar, a parallel world, and battling the Witch Queen there, Kiera is now struggling to come to terms with the loss of her friends, Joe and Daz.

T
Jenn, Reader of Things
Sep 06, 2013 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: People who read the first, middle-graders in search of a quick read.

*I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review*

***2.5 stars***

Kiera's Quest: Sacrifices picks up right where the first book leaves off; with Kiera and the charming Prince Zakk on a mission to rescue a friend.

Overall, I'd just like to generally state that the grammar/punctuation/spelling in this book was much better than in the first. I was literally SO HAPPY. Finally...real editing.

That being said, it does still have it's issues. And let's not kid ourselves, the most blatantly
Novels On The Run
Aug 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
MICHELLE'S REVIEW:

RATING: 4 KIERA & THE CREW STARS!!

Sacrifices is book two in Kiera's Quest . These books are aimed at tweens and up. I really loved book 1, Awakenings and could quite easily see it as a basis for a Disney movie.

Kristy has such fun with her characters and the Witch is always a hoot. These are deliberately short reads. Short quests that Kiera and crew go on.

This book has several different POV's and we are going back and forth between two worlds.

I love me a vortex, there is jus
Michelle  novelsontherun
Aug 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
RATING: 4 KIERA & THE CREW STARS!!

I love me a vortex, there is just something fun ab
Shaz Goodwin
Nov 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Sacrifices is the second book in the fantasy series Kiera’s Quest targeted at the YA/tween audience.

You can read my review of the first book, Awakenings, here.

Sacrifices opens with Kiera’s friend Joe in the clutches of the Witch Queen. She is very weak after almost being defeated by Kiera although she has her way of replenishing her energy.

We’re introduced to new character Jude (aka Mouse). Jude is their guide through the sewer tunnels that will eventually lead them to the Dark Palace.

In our wor
Satarupa
Sep 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I got this book from the author, free of cost, in exchange of an honest review from my side.

Firstly I would like to thank Kristy Brown, author of Sacrifices, for giving me this wonderful opportunity of reading and reviewing this wonderful book.

Wow, it's really cute, sweet and great and I enjoyed reading it as much as book 1 as it felt like a fresh splash after reading tons of adult books. Well this book doesn't lack in action or dark scenes so don't worry, it's really an awesome read for all age
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
Nov 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Sacrifices is another short, intense read from Brown. The story picks up right where Awakenings left off and we join Kiera and Zakk as they go back to his world to save her friend. We get introduced to new characters in Sacrifices that will make or break this quest to save Joe. Will they be able to save him before it is too late? Or was this quest doomed before it even began?

Brown is a wonderful story teller and seeing the worlds she has created for this series is truly fantastic. Not only do we
M.A.CHASE
Sep 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Here's a preview of the review. The full review will be published at The Guide To Good Books on Oct. 3rd, 2013 at 6:00 PST/ 9:00 EST/ 2:00 BST.

As the second installment of the book series Kiera's Quest, Sacrifices dealt with the continuation of Kiera's journey after the horrible events that ended the first book.

Back on Earth, Kiera is listed as a missing person along with her friends Daz and Joe; Maddy was left alone to carry the burden of her friends' "disappearances." What made the situatio
Melanie Adkins
Mar 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
After their tangle with the Witch Queen, Kiera and Prince Zakk make it out alive but lose friends. When Prince Zakk asks Kiera to help him save Joe and Daz, she jumps at the chance. She can't imagine life without them. They know it won't be easy because the Witch Queen is sure to be watching for them, but with some help, they just might be able to rescue Joe and Daz and save themselves. They never expect life changing secrets to be revealed.

Amazing! This book takes you on a journey you won't s
Erin
Oct 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, read-in-2014
As we get into book 2, the writing just keeps getting better. I most definitely read this one in one sitting. There wasn’t a boring moment, and the author did a great job keeping you guessing as to what was coming next. I even had a hard time knowing who was on Kiera’s side and who was just pretending – it was hard to trust any character, and it was perfect.

As I mention in my review of the first book, this book is most definitely a “tween” read, so I wouldn’t recommend trying to read it from an
Stacey (Sassy Book Lovers)
Sep 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
For short stories Kristy Brown definitely knows how to lure you in. It's been awhile since I read the first book and I thought it might take awhile for everything to flow back but once I started reading, it all just rushed back to me and it was good to be back in the story.

Kiera's adventure continues. After going through hell she's on a mission to help free her friend from the evil Witch Queen. Zakk and Kiera sneak into the Evil witch's castle and helps free slaves, when things turn sour and sec
Bella Doerres
Sep 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Kiera’s Quest Sacrifices
By Kristy Brown

Kiera had escaped the clutches of her enemy and thought she was safe again and home. Now she is told that she needs to go back and rescue her friend and in the process she will discover more about herself than she may even realize. . Returning once again to Zakk’s kingdom Kiera and Zakk must again face the enemy. This time the enemy has an even more diabolical plan and she needs Kiera and Zakk to complete it. I loved reading Kiera’s Quest Sacrifices and l
Kate
May 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Kate's Reads
May 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
"Kiera's Quest: Sacrifices" is the second installment in the Kiera's Quest YA series by Kristy Brown. The story picks up where "Awakenings" left off. Kiera has joined forces with Prince Zakk to save their friends Joe and Daz from the clutches of the evil Witch Queen.

The pair must race against time and the Witch's minions to free their friends from the Witch's clutches and prevent her from taking over the Earth and the entire universe.

"Sacrifices" was very fast paced and hard to put down. The gre
Kimberly
Sep 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: really-read, ebook, own
This book 2 in the series can be read as a stand alone, or in sequence.

Kiera is a gutsy young woman, who doesn't hesitate to jump in with both feet, especially when her good friend Zakk asks for help.

Kiera finds out that all is not what it seems as she works to rescue 9 members from another world.

this book has adventure, drama, typical teen antic's, that make it a great read for not just YA but any age group. Can't wait to see what happens next.

It's a enjoyable short story that can easily be
Jennifer  Davis
Oct 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was given and e-copy in exchange for my honest review.

This is book 2 in the Kiera's Quest Series. In this installment, Kiera is on a quest with Price Zakk in his world to rescue her friend. Little did she know, she would actually have several lives to save. Will this quest be worth the sacrifices Kiera will have to make? And will she come closer to the truth of why or if she is the chosen one?

This installment, in my opinion, is way better than the first. It is a little slower paced and gives
Kristina
Dec 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Sacrifices picks off right where Awakenings left off. Kiera and Zakk go back into the fantasy world, and right away we are swept away into a magical world. Kiera definitely has to find her way in this one, and she also had to find her confidence. I enjoyed watching that development.

A lot of different story lines are happening at the same time and each one is exciting. I couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen next. There was also different POV which I always enjoy.

As with Awakening, I
Tom Hill
Mar 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Well I just finished reading this second book in Kiera's Quest, and again I'd give it a high recommendation for an exciting, in your face adventure. Following the pacey trend of the first book, this launches you straight into the continuing adventure and you will quickly become absorbed by it just like in the first. There is a clear development .. no spoilers of course but things you thought you knew may twist or change into something else. I really enjoyed the quirky descriptions and extended c ...more
Kristy
Jul 10, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: for-review
I want to start off by saying that I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Overall I enjoyed the second book of Keiras quest, however it was pretty slow paced even for such a short book (in my opinion anyway). Once the action got going it was very intriguing. I want to know what will happen in the next book especially since the vortex is closed.

I would recommend this book to those who like fantasy books.
Emily
Prince Zakk needs Kiera's help again, with the Witch Queen intent on ruling. Kiera is only coming to terms with her friends death, she and Zakk begin a journey that ends up affecting everyone they are close to.

Another thrilling chapter to the Kiera's Quest series. There is a visual quality to the story, you can easily imagine the scenarios that Kiera and Zakk find themselves in. Great read.
Book-shelf Shelf
Jul 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
A brilliant follow up that begins exactly were book 1 Awakenings finishes and once again Kristy leaves the reader wanting more.
Kiera is coming to terms with who she is, Maddy is missing her friend and there is an interesting twist with Captain Terrence.
And there are still books 3 & 4 to look forwarded to.
Great Middle Grad...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Book giveaway!! - COMPLETE 1 8 Jan 01, 2013 05:49AM
Hi I'm Kristy and I live in the U.K. I have always written short stories and poetry. I went to university to study acting which I loved, but my real passion has always been writing. So now I write the kind of stories I would have wanted to read when I was a teen. "Kiera's Quest-Awakenings" is my first ebook. There are four in the series, 'Sacrifices,' 'Perceptions,' and 'Choices.'( Muse It Up Publ ...more

Kiera's Quest (4 books)
  • Awakenings (Kiera's Quest, #1)
  • Perceptions (Kiera's Quest, #3)
  • Choices (Kiera's Quest, #4)