Start by marking “When We Touch (Whiskey Creek, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
When We Touch (Whiskey Creek, #0.5)

When We Touch

(Whiskey Creek #0.5)

You're invited to a wedding in Whiskey Creek, Heart of the Gold Country

Unfortunately, it's the wrong wedding. Olivia Arnold is arranging the festivities—and it's the hardest thing she's ever done. Because she should be marrying Kyle Houseman. They were together for more than a year…. But her jealous sister, Noelle, stole him away—and now she's pregnant.

All their friends in
Published August 1st 2012 by MIRA

To ask other readers questions about When We Touch, please sign up.
Cruth Kyle's story is to be told in "A Winter Wedding", expected publication date October 2015.

Start your review of When We Touch (Whiskey Creek, #0.5)
Jonetta
Olivia Arnold returns home for the most difficult assignment of her life: serving as the wedding event manager for her sister's wedding to her ex-boyfriend, Kyle. She's doing this at her parents' request as her sister, Noelle, will never win an award for being the sibling of the year. Meanwhile, Kyle's stepbrother, Brandon, steps up to help Olivia make it through this awful week.

I'm not a fan of novellas but this one achieved what most do not, which is to tell a great story and create character
Carrie
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
When We Touch  by Brenda Novak is a companion novella to the contemporary romance Whiskey Creek series. Each book in the series has a different lead couple falling in love so they can be read as standalone novels if choosing to do so. The books in the series all feature the small town of Whiskey Creek so there should be updates of the town from book to book.

In this novella Olivia Arnold is trying to be the bigger person than her sister by returning to plan the wedding between her hateful sister,
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
Genre – Contemporary Romance
Type – Companion Series
Cliffhanger – No
Rating – 4 out of 5 Stars

Complimentary copy generously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

My Thoughts - Story
I really enjoyed this story and absolutely fell in love with Brandon!

Now some things I couldn’t get past and that was Liv’s parents forcing her to plan the wedding of her ex and her sister.

And Kyle?? Wh
Kiki
Occurrence of events may or may not be in order:

strong heroine doing strong heroine staff-hot guy-strong heroine become mush/damsel in distress - cheating ex-bitchy sister-selfish mum-cheating ex marrying bitchy pregnant sister and selfish mum is shocked/surprised WHY heroine is NOT happy to be forced to be planning the wedding which IS her job even though she’s not being paid-bitchy sis call heroine disloyal for smexing with hero cause she called dibs first and totally stalked him and got arres
Sissy's Romance Book Review
I received this book in exchange for an honest review
'When We Touch' by Brenda Novak is book o.5 in the "Whiskey Creek" series.
This is the story of Olivia Arnold and Brandon.
Olivia is headed back to Whiskey Creek for her sisters wedding which Oliva has been planning. The problem Oliva is having is that her sister stole her boyfriend Kyle. In addition her sister is pregnant with Kyle's baby. Oliva is prett upset and that leads her to say she is sleeping with Kyles's brother Brandon. Brandon An
Preeti ♥︎ Her Bookshelves
This book deals with the keep-it-in-the-family memo in a fresher way.

*Major Spoilers*
I wasn’t expecting to be so involved when I picked up this book about a jilted h, Olivia who’s also a wedding planner driving back home to organize her biyotchy sister’s wedding to her own ex/poached bf, Kyle. The H, Brandon is Kyle's estranged stepbrother and the local bad boy. The two men have an uneasy rivalry going on ever since they first met as teenagers.
The h and her ex, a bf of two years, were committe
willaful
This was a more interesting story than I expected. The basic plot is pretty over the top: Olivia's narcissistic sister Noelle stole her boyfriend Kyle, got pregnant, and is now insisting on a fabulous wedding; bizarrely, rather than supporting Olivia, her parents have asked her to plan the wedding so they can save money. Trying to save face, Olivia agrees, and finds unexpected support from Kyle's stepbrother Brandon, her one-time crush -- which sends both Kyle and Noelle into spasms of jealousy. ...more
Anne OK
Aug 03, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-reads
3 Stars

Novella introduction to Novak's latest "Whiskey Creek" trilogy. Three full-length books in this series will begin with "When Lightning Strikes" on August 28th, followed by "When Snow Falls" on October 30, and then "When Summer Comes" on January 29, 2013.

The novella was short and sweet and an enjoyable afternoon treat. When sibling rivalry goes beyond the norm and one man is at the center of it all, one sister becomes a bridesmaid, while the other sister becomes a bride.

Jane Stewart
4 ½ stars. Very enjoyable but too short to be a 5 star. The end was happy but not complete enough - it needed more time.

Neat characters and interaction. This wasn’t typical run-of-the-mill-romance. I don’t want or like short stories, but this was good enough to make an exception.

DATA:
Narrative mode: 3rd person. Story length: about 102 pages. Swearing language: mild plus the s-word. Sexual language: mild. Number of sex scenes: 2. Setting: current day small town Whiskey Creek, California. Copyrigh
LPJ
Aug 01, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Olivia is a Mary Sue, somehow browbeaten into planning her sister's wedding three months after her sister steals her boyfriend of two years. That in itself had me shaking my head. What a wimp! And her parents were horrible people to ask her to do such a thing just to save money! Suspending my disbelief to try to see Olivia's perspective was a bit difficult when I had so little respect for her.

Brandon, on the other hand, is a great character who's given excellent motivation for his personality a
Tami
May 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novak-brenda
This review is based on a copy provided the author in exchange for an honest opinion.

My android where I normally read books died on me. It took with it many of the copies of books that I was supposed to be reviewing. THIS author and her PA made sure that I could get another copy to review. They went above and beyond many others. That was all class. I didn't put that in my review to make you feel sorry for me ...MUCH ;) I just wanted to let you know that I am so very glad to have been given the
Denise
Mar 05, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a light, easy predictable beach read. I did like the ending and may read more in the series.
Melisa Hamling
Sep 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'd be thanking Kyle if I were Olivia because Brandon is sooo much hotter!

Sometimes those nasty things we come across, like a good relationship soured by sisterly jealousy, end up changing our lives for the better. Such is the case with Olivia and Kyle. Their relationship was perfect, but put on hold, or so Olivia thought.

Noelle wants whatever Olivia has... or should we say, had! Including boyfriends, even though she already took the opportunity to step in while Olivia was away building on her c
Agnes (BeaderBubbe)
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another Novak book that grips you and you must finish reading (didnt do the laundry again). This time a romance....Olivia leave Whiskey Creek to become a wedding planner in Sacramento. Only to find her boyfriend has fallen for her sister and plans on marrying her after she becomes pregnant with his child. And on top of that, Olivia is asked by her family to plan to wedding.

She makes the journey back home to please her parents only to find out it is not so easy - especially when there is also an
Melanie
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-kindle, novella
When We Touch was an excellent read and a great start to the Whiskey Creek series.

Olivia Arnold always dreamed she would be part of Kyle Houseman's wedding, but she thought she would be the bride, not the sister of the bride. Olivia never imagined her sister would swoop in and get pregnant while the pair were on a break while Olivia was out of town getting her wedding planning business up and running. When her parents ask her to plan the wedding, she feels like she can't refuse but she's devasta
Arlena Dean
Author: Brenda Novak
Published By: Mira
Age Recommended: Adult
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Book Blog For: GMTA
Rating: 4

Review:

"When We Touch" by Brenda Novak was a good contemporary romance that maybe could be considered a chick lit or a short story... novella, but in the end it was all a wonderful well written read that I did enjoyed reading. I think in the end poor Olivia wasn't so poor after all who did she end up with? That sister of Olivia....Noelle....well that's another story. We find that Olivi
Kari Anderson
Jul 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

From Goodreads.com:

You’re invited to a wedding in Whiskey Creek, Heart of the Gold Country Unfortunately, it’s the wrong wedding. Olivia Arnold is arranging the festivities—and it’s the hardest thing she’s ever done. Because she should be marrying Kyle Houseman. They were together for more than a year…. But her jealous sister, Noelle, stole him away—and now she’s pregnant.

All their friends in Whiskey Creek know as well as Olivia does that Kyle’s making a mistake. His stepbrother, Brandon, kno
Cindy
Aug 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a heartfelt and emotional read. My eyes were all misty by the end. This is a great start to a new series that I cant wait to get my hands on all the future books.

Can you imagine the guy you were with for years but asked to take a break from to start up a wedding planning business in another city is now going to marry your sister and she is pregnant on top of that. And to throw more salt on the wound she is the wedding planner for the nuptials.

Olivia Arnold is trying to hold it together bu
DJ Sakata
My Rating:
4.5
Favorite Quotes:

“He smelled as good as he looked. But that was no surprise. She recalled dancing with him as a sophomore, pressing her nose into his warm neck in an effort to remember his scent. She’d instinctively known that was the only part of Brandon a girl could safely capture.”

“Brandon was like a meteor. He burned hot and bright as he crashed through a woman’s orbit, but he left a lot of damage in his wake and nothing, no one, slowed him down.”

My Review:

A quick and engrossing
Lisa - (Aussie Girl)
A new series for me and unfortunately I didn't really enjoy the story of this novella ( heroine's horrible sister getting pregnant by her boyfriend while they were on a break then getting it on with her ex's step brother). Hopefully the series proper will be better.
Keri
This was a sweet start to BN's new series. I wish that it had been a little longer on the ending. It was good enough that I am looking forward to the next book in the series.
Elaine
Oct 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: brenda-novak
Loved this book! Stayed up all night reading it. I don't usually like short books, but this one has it all!
Dee
Aug 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Two-haiku review:

Her guy got sis preg
She stays with his stepbrother
Sexy, but no love?

Not new idea
But really deep characters
Quite long novella
Cindy
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
will Noelle and kyle last??? is it REALLY kyle baby??? does Brandon really give up sking??? yep really need to know definitely going to continue this series!!!
Cruth
Author: Brenda Novak
Published: 2012
Length: 1827 kindle locations
Setting: Smalltown contemporary. Whiskey Creek.
Sex: Not frequent. Explicit.
Hero: Extreme skier.
Heroine: Wedding planner.
Includes: Excerpt from When Lightning Strikes by Brenda Novak

A sweet introduction to the Whiskey novels with a story of two past lovers/friends reconnecting. It works as a lead in, but you don't want to expect *more*.

Whiskey Creek series:
Book 0.5 When We Touch - Olivia Arnold and Brandon Lucero
Book 1 When Lightning
Alexis
I enjoyed this short story for the most part. However, it was very cliche, I literally read almost the exact same story when I read Sister of the Bride a couple months ago.

I really liked the main couple... I wish we could have seen more interaction between the two of them and less about the whiny snobby bride out to ruin her sister's life. I assume (since the first book is about the grooms best friend) that the married couple will play a bigger role. But, I sincerely hope not. I can't stand eith
Margo
Another terrible small town from Brenda Novak, with insular, gossipy, hypocritical residents. The book begins on a fantastic (for a romance novella) premise: the h, a wedding planner, is being required to plan her pregnant sister's wedding to the h's ex-boyfriend, who slept with the h's sister shortly after the h left town. Why her parents should ask her to do this and she should accept is never convincingly explained, but that's OK because it makes it easier to expedite the h hooking up with th ...more
Darcy
I wasn't sure about this one as it started, but as it went on I found myself rooting for Olivia and Brandon, while at the same time sort of happy that Kyle was in hell. I do think that Olivia's sister was evil and not a good person. The way she acted towards everyone, but especially her sister makes me hope she gets hers at some point and think Kyle deserved what he got. I was glad that Olivia took the chance and went after a good thing. I hope we get to see more of these 2 in future books.
Ewa ❀
4,5 stars
I enjoyed this book.
Chloe (Always Booked)
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: on-my-kindle
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Aug 06, 2015 06:30PM

• The Way Back to You (Blessings, Georgia #9)
  • 5-B Poppy Lane
  • The Bitter and Sweet of Cherry Season
  • Starstruck (The Cowboys of Cold Creek)
  • Welcome to Icicle Falls
  • Sister Dear
  • Forever My Hero (Blessings, Georgia #7)
  • Come Back to Me (Blessings, Georgia, #6)
  • Oh, Christmas Night
  • A Rainbow Above Us (Blessings, Georgia #8)
  • A Piece of My Heart (Blessings, Georgia, #4)
  • SEAL's Honor (Alaska Force, #1)
  • The Look-Alike
  • The Curl Up & Dye (Blessings, Georgia #1)
  • Saving Jake (Blessings, Georgia, #3)
  • I'll Stand By You (Blessings, Georgia #2)
  • Together for Christmas: 5-B Poppy Lane\When We Touch\Welcome to Icicle Falls\Starstruck
  • The Cottage on Rose Lane
It was a shocking experience that jump-started Brenda Novak’s bestselling author career.

“I caught my day-care provider drugging my children with cough syrup and Tylenol to get them to sleep while I was away,” Brenda says. “It was then that I decided that I needed to do something from home.”

However, writing was the last profession she expected to undertake. In fact, Brenda swears she didn’t have a

Whiskey Creek (10 books)
  • When Lightning Strikes (Whiskey Creek, #1)
  • When Snow Falls (Whiskey Creek, #2)
  • When Summer Comes (Whiskey Creek, #3)
  • Home to Whiskey Creek (Whiskey Creek, #4)
  • Take Me Home for Christmas (Whiskey Creek, #5)
  • Come Home to Me (Whiskey Creek, #6)
  • The Heart of Christmas (Whiskey Creek, #7)
  • This Heart of Mine (Whiskey Creek, #8)
  • A Winter Wedding (Whiskey Creek, #9)
  • Discovering You (Whiskey Creek, #10)