Start by marking “Ride or Die” as Want to Read:
Ride or Die

Ride or Die

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  105 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Seventeen-year-old Keisha is the beautiful, sheltered daughter of an activist pastor with a checkered past. Handsome, ambitious Jamal-a street-savvy crack dealer-is the son of North Philly's most notorious drug kingpin. A history of violence and betrayal lies between their fathers, who are now bitter enemies. After one of his church members is gunned down-with a bullet he ...more
Published November 1st 2005 by Minotaur Books (first published August 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Ride or Die, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ride or Die

Monique
Okay so I have read Pipe Dreams, The Bride and The Last Confession by this author so naturally want to read anything else he has written as I think he is a talented author that paints an environment that you can see, smell and live in..I know exactly where he is from because he tells about Philly beautifully with all the ugliness, drugs and crime that lurk beneath the surface..This is a story that brings back another character from his novels, Kevin Lynch the detective in The Bridge as he chases ...more
Clayvone Fearrington
Love this book. The storyline was great and it kept my short attention span throughout
Vanetta Jones
I simply love books by Solomon Jones!!!!
Sharlika
Feb 05, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The book I have read is called “RIDE OR DIE” by Solomon Jones. It’s a fiction book. The theme of the book is to do the right thing, to follow your heart at all times, no matter what happens. And also to have trust and to believe in the ones you love.

Ride or die is based on drug dealers who have taken other the neighborhood. A pastor who used to be a drug dealer him self, is trying t6o take out the people who are destroying their neighborhood. But it is deeper than that, because the pastor has
Taylor
Nov 06, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: urban readers
In the book "Ride or Die" by Solomon Jones, Keyisha and Jamal sneak around the idea of their parents knowing that their dating. With keyisha being the preacher's daughter and Jamal being the son of one of North Philly's highest drug dealers, problems only increase between Keyisha and Jamal. Since Keyisha's dad is trying to stop the drug dealing in the area he becomes ultimate rivals. It immeditaley causes problems with the two love birds.
Then they go through alot of crime and all trying to esca
Ta'niya
I absoluetly loved this book. . .I mean it has a great twist to it. It shows the true meaning of love.
Jamal is a drug dealers son and his girlfriend (which is the main character)her father is a preacher. The fact that her father wants to get drug dealers out of the town becomes a probably even though they have a hidden relationship. In the end, there are a lot of secerts uncovered and love that might last forever. . . If you haven't read it, read it.
Judy
Dec 23, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow! The ending was no where near to how I thought it was going to end. This book was an easy enjoyable read.
Ghira
Jan 18, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've read a LOT of urban fiction, and it was refreshing to read something with a plot and the author could write! Although expected, the ending was surprising.
Ratforce
This book is essentially a modern, urban version of Romeo and Juliet. When two people from opposite sides of a drug feud fall in love, the drama is life-and-death.
Jordan Phillips
Dec 13, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was really good it has an interesting story of living in the ghetto and being in a relationship. During the book Keisha would have to face problems with her boyfriend Jamal and her Dad .
Aubrey
Why do I take book recommendations from students? Because I like to read ridiculous stories that make me want to barf, that's why.
Katherine Mendez
Im Half Way Done , Its Very Intersting I can not stop reading it . i wonder if theres a secound part to it .
Freda Jackson
Quan
Oct 20, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Choosing Sides 2 4 Nov 14, 2013 11:30AM
What would you say if the man you loved asked you to run away with him? 1 2 Nov 13, 2013 08:19PM
Beginning 1 2 Nov 13, 2013 07:06PM
would you risk anything for Love... 2 13 Jul 17, 2012 01:39PM
Solomon Jones is an Essence bestselling author whose novels include The Gravedigger’s Ball, The Last Confession, Payback, Cream, Ride Or Die, The Bridge, and Pipe Dream. He has appeared on NPR and CNN Headline News, and is a contributor to short story collections including Philadelphia Noir and Liar Liar. Formerly a professor of creative writing at Temple University, Jones is an award-winning colu ...more
More about Solomon Jones...