Start by marking “Dark Days (Black London, #6)” as Want to Read:
Dark Days (Black London, #6)

Dark Days

(Black London #6)

Jack Winter is back. But his demons are far from behind him…

Jack Winter and his girlfriend Pete Caldecott have encountered a lot of strange creatures in the Black—primordial demons, hungry ghosts, witch hunters, and the Prince of Hell himself, Belial. When Belial asks Jack for one last favor to help him keep his throne,Jack may have finally met his match because Belial's r
Published April 30th 2013 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Dark Days, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Days

Rashika (is tired)
It's a real pity that I finished reading another one of my favorite series but hey I couldn't put off reading Dark Days for much longer.

5 Reasons to read the Black London series

1. English cuss words (and the general setting)

I don't know whether some of the cuss words actually line up with reality but I'll tell you, this series taught me a whole lot more about English cuss words. Plus Jack cussing is one of my favorite things.I also LOVED the setting and I loved how the author built up this dark
Kathy Davie
Oct 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Sixth in the Black London dark fantasy series revolving around Pete Caldecott and Jack Winter, the Crow Mage.

My Take
Puts a whole new take on Legion...and makes it worse! Of course, the start of this story didn't help. Jesus, what a nightmare! Literally. And it doesn't stop, as Jack keeps having visions of what is to come. It was an interesting way to incorporate Jack's flashbacks, providing us with more of Jack's back history, including that initiation Seth puts him through, and then the future
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
The Apocalypse is Nigh...again. Jack Winter's visions shows London in ashes, the ones he loves dead or taken and the wall between the worlds crashing down; mingling the hosts of Hell and all the vile creatures of the Black in with the daylight world. To stop the coming apocalypse Jack may have to sacrifice more than his life and finally join the Morrigan leaving all he loves behind.

I love the Black London series, it is dark and gritty, filled with difficult situations and has one of the most in
Nicole
Sep 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Piseog
May 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
I love this series and am sad it's ended. But it ended really well. Pete and Jack are such likeable and complicated characters. Their relationship has come so far and I love reading about their marriage and family life. These are not the easiest books to read. I found myself zoning out or skipping the odd paragraph because the writing is so involved, but the characters and excitement make this series. Definitely one to recommend.
Cheryl
Apr 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Jack and Pete have welcomed their daughter, Lily into the world. Jack is called upon by Belial. He has a job for Jack. Someone is trying to take over and Belial wants him stopped. Belial’s nemesis is not going down without a huge battle.

Dark Days is the latest book in the Black London series. I can not get enough of Pete and Jack. Pete and Jack are one of my favorite couples. They are both sarcastic and bullheaded but yet they just belong together like salt and pepper. I thought that after preg
Lisa
May 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Freaking great book. I hope this is not the last we see of them. I've read its the last book and I've also read its the end of the story arch. I so hope its just the end of the arch. This book opens up the story line for a lot of new things. Although if is the end of the series it did end on a good note and I'm satisfied with it. But I would love to see Jack get out from under the Morrigan.

BTW at the beginning I was so lost and confused. Just read past it and it will even out. Its not what it se
Katter
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
What a great end to an amazing series! For months I have been stuck in that limbo of wanting to read this book and not wanting to read this book. I wanted to know how everything ends but I also didn't want the series to end. It's always so bittersweet when a series you like ends.

As it is the last book in the series I have to say that Dark Days is a decent way to finish everything. I think all of us readers knew that no matter what happened things would never be all rainbows, butterflies and whit
Denise
Jul 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2017
The end is nigh and all Hell literally about to break loose in the final volume of the Black London series. Plagued by apocalyptic visions of the city a playground for demons, his wife dead and his daughter gone, Jack isn't even all that surprised when Belial, the Prince of Hell he once sold his soul to, turns up asking for a favour: A revolution is brewing in hell, masterminded by a jumped-up elemental demon who intends to rip a hole between the Black and the mortal world, resulting in a catast ...more
Josie Boyce
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really solid soft ending for this series. Meaning definitely room to see these characters again. This 6 book arc those is really solid. All the books work on their own but like a good tv show, also have an overarching story for the povs that holds together. Great urban fantasy, that you can burn through like a demon.
Darlene
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Looks like this mess was just to big for a cleanup. The Morrigan is determined that Jack will be joining her and lead her undead army. And Legion is determined to help her achieve it by killing him off! I hope this isn’t the last book I want more!
Faye
First read: 2013
Re-read: September 2015

The plot: Jack begins to have visions of an apocalyptic London, a futuristic world where the walls between the Black and the daylight world have crumbled, Pete is dead and his daughter Lily has been taken by demons. Belial, a demon Jack and Pete have dealt with in the past, assures Jack his visions are flashes of a possible future. Jack must work to find out who or what causes this version of the future and stop it before it can ever happen.

Dark Days is a f
Paris
I can’t tell if this is the last in the series or not, but if it is, I can say that I’m satisfied with the way things ended. This was a wild ride from beginning to end, typical and true Pete and Jack. I loved going on this last ride with them. It was great getting to know more about Jack, seeing more of his past. He led us through this book and at first I was a little sad we were missing Pete so much, but after a while, I didn’t care. I liked Jack on his one. He’s such a smarta$$. I love his sna ...more
Edrillan (vampire junkie)
Well obviously I was one of the few who gave this book a 2 star rating. It's not that I dont like it, I loved the first three books in the series and was caught up in it like everybody else. It's just that somewhere down the road I got tired of them facing the same problems over and over again, And theres a lot going on that I just gey confused sometimes. But there were a few points that i like about this entire series. For one thing I like the main char. Especially Jack, i look forward to his P ...more
April Hollingworth
Sep 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I didn't want to finish this book as it's the last one in the series.
It was fantastic and wonderful and held no barriers. I adore this series so much and will read it again and again. Caitlin Kittredge is a master at creating worlds and characters that suck you in and explodes in technicolor brilliance that unravels in front of your eyes leaving you begging for more.

The black is entering the world and something new is breaking the barriers between all worlds letting them seep into each other.
Joy
Mar 05, 2013 rated it liked it
I have to wonder WHEN fantasy writers (including script writers for movies/TV) will let go of Dante's coattales? I am so sick of Demons from Hell being the antagonists in fantasy. At least the greats like Lovecraft created their own vision of Great Evil and didn't rely on concepts made popular by a 13th century poet. I will give this to the writer, her writing craft is sound.

As to this series, well it's a good light read but hardly worth spending money...Support Your Public Library! You can enjo
Jackie
OK, this one was so not my favorite book of the series as it really lived up to its name.
I am however relieved that Jack and Pete made it through the worst experiences of their lives and came out still together at the end.

Took 4 days to read as took 2 days off to relieve the negative vibes reading this very darkly depressing tale gave me.
Juliet
Nov 10, 2013 rated it liked it
Good. Not sure if this series is over since they don't tell you what happened to Declan in it. Doesn't really matter since he wasn't a big part of the story but its just one of those little things left forgotten.
Tina
Oct 26, 2012 rated it it was ok
G.
Feb 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
It took me a long time to read this one. I just didn't want this book (and the series) to end. Anyway, I thought it was a great conclusion to the series.
becc
Sep 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Another great addition to the Black London series! I never get tired of Jack Winter and this brilliant series! It's witty, dark, and all things I love to see in a urban fantasy series.
Maria Ana
I liked this series especially because the heroes weren't the "normal teenagers" that paranormal novels have. :) I loved how we were able to see the characters grow trough the books.
Tori
My review ill be featured in the May issue of RT Book Reviews.
Jenni Ebba
Mar 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Oh how I enjoy my Pete and Jack moments. When I want dark and gritty UF I go to Kittredge~she never lets me down.
Suz
Jan 25, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
April 30
Sean Goh
Jan 06, 2014 rated it liked it
A little confusing because its the 6th in the series, but the first I've read. It's a believable world though, like it was inspired by hellgate:london.

The pacing has issues though.
Shannon
Jun 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5,000 STARS, but is this the end of the series??? It could go either way but it was a nice wrap up. I just hope there's more!
Danielle May
Dec 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great

Amazing story line, sucks you in until the very end. Recommended for anyone who wants to escape into a new relm
Maryanne
Jan 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved this series I take it it is finished now ....tears flowed as things came together
Susanna
Jan 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
A great finish for the series. With the kind of ending that leaves the possibility of more books open.

• Hearts of Shadow (Deadglass, #2)
  • Night's End (Indigo Court, #5)
  • The Better To See You (Transplanted Tales, #2)
  • The Cursed (League of the Black Swan, #1)
  • A Kiss of Blood (Vamp City, #2)
  • Wrong Ways Down (Downside Ghosts, #1.5)
  • Blade Dance (Cold Iron, #4)
  • Dead Man's Deal (The Asylum Tales, #2)
  • Against the Dawn (Shaede Assassin, #4)
  • Banishing the Dark (Arcadia Bell, #4)
  • The Frozen Star
  • Shapeshifted (Edie Spence, #3)
  • A Veil of Secrets (Araneae Nation, #5)
  • The Shifting Price of Prey (Spellcrackers.com, #4)
  • Lust for Life (WVMP Radio, #4)
  • Veiled Enchantments (Veiled Magic, #3)
  • The Better to Bite (Howl, #1)
  • Haunted Wolves (Green Pines, #2)
Caitlin started writing novels at age 13. Her first was a Star Wars tie-in. Fortunately, she branched out from there and after a few years trying to be a screenwriter, a comic book writer and the author of copious amounts of fanfiction, she tried to write a novel again. Her epic dark fantasy (thankfully) never saw the light of day but while she was struggling with elves and sorcerers she got the i ...more

Black London (6 books)
  • Street Magic (Black London, #1)
  • Demon Bound (Black London, #2)
  • Bone Gods (Black London, #3)
  • Devil's Business (Black London, #4)
  • Soul Trade (Black London, #5)