Start by marking “Foretold (The Demon Trappers, #4)” as Want to Read:
Foretold (The Demon Trappers, #4)

Foretold (The Demon Trappers #4)

4.34  ·  Rating details ·  5,656 Ratings  ·  475 Reviews
In FORETOLD, the fourth Demon Trappers novel by Jana Oliver, Riley faces the final battle for humanity and Beck's heart—and Hell is the least of her problems

Now that Riley's managed to (just barely) fend off Armageddon, everything's changed. Well . . . most things. After their passionate kiss before the big battle in the cemetery, Beck is back to treating her like a little
Published December 11th 2012 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published August 2nd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Foretold, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Foretold

Rathanak
Feb 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

❝ Jana Oliver - Foretold Review ❞

Can't believe this is the last book

Just finish reading it today ..
Let me tell you AMAZING......just what I needed but I'm pretty sad that it the final book in the Series, Jana Oliver writing keeps you wanting more.

I don't want to give anything way but let me tell you "YOU HAVE TO READ IT" I had this book since it came out but was to busy to read it (I blame WATTPAD) now i regret not reading it early ...
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
Stop by The Nocturnal Library to read a guest post by Jana Oliver and enter for a chance to win a copy of this book or any other book in The Demon Trappers series + signed swag.

Reviewing a last book in the series is never easy or especially fun. In fact, it’s one of my least favorite things to do, vacuuming and peeling onions included. Fortunately for me, Jana Oliver gave me a lot to write about, all of it good.

Riley Blackthorne is finally sure that she loves her father’s protégé and her frien
Jennifer Armentrout
Ahhhhhhh After the third book, I CANNOT wait
Katy
Mar 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three stars for first half. Five stars for second half.

Let me start off by saying I was looking forward to this book for one reason and one reason only - Denver Beck. But I have to say, it was pretty much everything else that won me over at the end.

I was a bit disappointed with the first half of the book. I know this book was supposed to be about Beck, and it was meant to give us insight on his troubled past, and I understand that it explained why he is the way he is. BUT for some reason, I jus
Caity
what i love about Demon Trappers:
Beck. Beck. Beck. Beck. Beck.
Beck! romance! swooooon.
FINALLY.
Miranda
Written a long tome ago in hopes that the book would be good: Theory time. Ok so you know how Beck calls Riley Princess? What if her favor for Lucifer is to become the Princess of Hell? Foreshadowing! Or you know, not.
Or like Second in Command type thing. I mean Ori's position is open isn't it?

Review:

First I want to say that the 3 star rating is VERY generous. I doubt that it deserves better than a 1 star.

The book is actually two different stories crudely glued together with Elmers's.

The firs
Celeste
Awesome or nothing.

The last 3 words of the book.

The last 3 words of the series.

And in the end... it was awesome.

I don't know what I was thinking the ending was going to be like for this series, all I knew was that I was really excited to find out. And I have to say, I think the way Jana Oliver ended it was spot-on awesome.

Everyone's been wondering about Beck's past and it played a major role in the plot development of this story. His interactions with his mother, the memories of this childh
mundiemom5
Amazing is the only word that comes close to how I feel about this book! If you loves this series I strongly you get it from Amazon UK and don't wait for the American release in December. It's already out in the UK and its definitely worth the shipping cost!
It is always hard to say goodbye to a series, particularly if it's one of your favourites. I have been crazy about Jana Oliver's Demon Trappers series ever since I read the first book and with each instalment I have come to love the characters and the world she has created more and more. So I was both excited and terrified to pick up the last book Foretold. Excited to spend more time with Riley and my favourite YA hottie Beck but terrified that I wouldn't like the way things ended and that the b ...more
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Ferdy
Aug 02, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Spoilers

After stopping a war between two different factions of hell, Riley Blackthorne is back to trapping demons like normal. She still has her problems though - she has to find a new home when she gets a notice of eviction, she's trying to figure out why Beck is pushing her away after passionately kissing her and her ex-boyfriend/fallen angel, Ori, still owns her soul.
Beck has problems of his own - a dying mother who hates him and a reporter ex whose threatening to expose his sordid past. Bec
Bianca
Ahhhhhhhhhhh! Having a bit of a mixed emotion going on here...
The sat book what actual is going on?! I'm going to have to make this book last so that I don't finish it too quickly!
I honestly can't wait to see how this works out now that Riley and Beck are finally and I say FINALLY together!

I adore this cover! I love love love the colours. I like it because this isn't just about actual hell demons it's about Becks inner demons and his past so I like how the colour scheme has changed as the stor
Isamlq
Aug 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What an awesome ending! Likely my favorite in the whole series and that’s not just because we get to know more about Beck (though admittedly, that does factor in a whole lot). My loving this boils down to all of them having changed from MC’s like Riley and Beck, down to the supporting cast that includes a pair of exes.

Riley has transformed from whiney moany little girl to this young woman who faces stuff head on. Peter showed more to the whole boy best friend angle instead of going down the ave
Ang
Aug 05, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
HMMMMMMMMMmmmmm. Tough one to review, some things I liked and loved some things I didn't.

I enjoyed exploring Becks past, but for some reason he didn't feel the same to me in this book. Don't get me wrong, I love my "backwood's boy", I just didn't connect with him like I have in the other books. He didn't have as much of his attitude in this book. (IMO)

Ori actually ended up being my biggest surprise. I was heart broken for him. I would love to see a spin off of him finding the light he so desper
Tatiana N
Oct 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Я считаю, что из этой серии вышла бы отличная ДИЛОГИЯ. Вот честно из четырех - две книги просто лишние. Самая лучшая книга из серии - вторая, самая дурацкая - первая, третья и четвертая - просто попытка растянуть хорошую историю.

Почти 80% четвертой книги Райли и Денвер ходят вокруг да около, а 20% это заварушка с ангелами (моя любимая часть ^___^). Но в целом я довольна финалом.
Suzanne
May 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic final book in the series. And even if it all fell into place a little too easy in the end, that's the way I like it. I'm all for the HEA :)
Jessica  (My Not So Vacant Shelf)
Oh I do love Beck. And I do love Riley. I’ve been waiting a long time for this novel. Not only is it the final in the series, but It’s also all about Riley and Beck, and the first half of the novel is all about Beck’s troubled past. Frig I loved reading about Beck. Throughout all the three previous books I wanted to know everything about this lovely Backwoods boy and especially after the last one and how it ended. But, thankfully I am happy that Riley is not the kind of girl who takes no for an ...more
Sandra "Jeanz"
May 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
MY REVIEW
Aaaah Once again I love the cover. the determined look in Riley's eyes is so plain to see. Riley is prepared to kick butt whoever's and whatever's! The scene also depicts the swamp where some of the action in this book is based. The cover is great as it matches my other paperbacks. It's a rarity for me to hold onto books after i have read them, but, this is one set of books that will be remaining, in pride of place on my bookshelves for the far foreseeable future.
Now to the book, wow I
Valeria
2 stars, unfortunately, which is disappointing since I actually liked the other books. They weren’t perfect or amazingly gripping but they were . . . entertaining. I enjoyed reading them. This one, though, not so much.

First of all, while I appreciate that a Scottish character was put in, I want to make something clear. We don’t talk like that !!! Sure, we may occasionaly toss around words like "aye" or "ya ken" but NOT IN EVERY FRIKIN' SENTENCE. The way Stewart speaks is stereotypical and untru
Emma
Mar 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Please be aware that this is the fourth and final book in the series and the review may therefore contain spoilers for the previous books.

You are probably aware that I adore this series. From the very first book I was hooked Forsaken, Forbidden and Forgiven have all added to my love of Riley and Beck. This book concentrates on the relationship between Riley and Beck. The revelations and unfolding of the whole plot bring a wonderful completeness to the plot.

Beck’s past is revealed, uncovering the
Natalie
Dec 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
That was one hell of a book-quite literally.
This is the fourth and final book of the series and boy did it go out with a bang. As usual was exciting and action packed but also had very touching moments. We find all out about beck which I loved and riley has grown up a lot from the first books. This was one hell of a page turner I finished this within two days couldn't recommend this series enough.
Just go and check it out!!!!
Booknut
The series...is over!! *sniffs* I want to go to university and study to be a demon trapper, then go to the South, get an accent and marry Denver Beck :D

geekgirl
Feb 17, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Aaaaah! *dances*

There's a FOURTH BOOK!!!
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Riley is in for the fight of her life. She is battling between good and evil. Once the battle is over and Riley and Beck walk away from it they are forever changed.

Beck's mother is dying and he must go back to his roots and settle things for his mother. But what he didn't anticipate was Riley coming along for the ride. But the Grand Masters have something else in mind and Riley is to travel with Beck back to his hometown and help him bury his mother. But beck is not trying to hear that because h
Tintentraeume
"Es geht dir doch nur darum, dich zu rächen. Du bist sauer, weil ich dich nicht anbettele, mir meine Seele zurückzugeben wie alle anderen." "Nein", sagte er ausdruckslos. "Es geht ums Überleben, Riley Anora Blackthorne. Zumindest für dich." Er machte auf dem Absatz kehrt und verließ das Café mit großen Schritten. [...] Riley stellte fest, dass sie ihre Tasse fest umklammert hielt, und löste langsam die verkrampften Finger. Mit ihrem Vater hatte Ori so etwas nie gemacht. Nur mit ihr. Dabei wollt ...more
Jodes
I feel like my stomachs dropped and have a serious case of the end-of-series-blues. God i can;t believe it's over!!

I remember when i bought the first book forsaken. I was in WH Smiths i'd already chosen a bunch of books to buy when forsaken caught my eye. I flipped it open and read the blurb then the first past and thought i gotta have this! I seriously remember standing in the shop already gettin' a few side ways glances cos i'd been in there like a hour and after reading the first freakin' pa
Mitchii
I felt the series has just started only to realize that it is the final book. Foretold is an amazing way to end an equally amazing series. And just like the other last books I read before, it’s another bittersweet moment for me. I wanted to cry when I turned the page and saw the acknowledgement page; it took me a while before it finally sinks in. It ended. This truly is the last book. Riley and Beck’s journey has now ended. Is it wrong if I wish there’s more? I’m greedy like that. ;)

Riley finall
Maura
Original-Rezension: The emotional life of books

Meine Meinung:

Ich bin ein großer Fan der „Die Dämonenfängerin“-Reihe. Jedes Buch habe ich bisher verschlungen, ich war immer total von der Geschichte gefesselt. Dementsprechend habe ich mich auch auf den Abschluss der Reihe „Foretold“ gefreut, auch wenn ich es ziemlich lange herausgezögert habe, damit diese großartige Reihe nicht zu Ende geht. Leider wurden meine hohen Erwartungen nicht erfüllt, wie das nun mal so oft ist.

Aber zunächst zu dem, was
Marielle
This and other reviews on Book Thoughts by Marielle!

***WARNING: IF YOU HAVE NOT READ ALL OF THE OTHER BOOKS IN THE DEMON TRAPPERS SERIES, THERE WILL BE SPOILERS IN THIS REVIEW. CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED.

In the United States, Foretold by Jana Oliver comes out in December. However, in the UK, it came out August 2nd. Instead of waiting for the US release date, I decided to order the book all the way from England. That is how much I love The Demon Trappers series. And the last book did not disappoint
Mitch
Aug 03, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Mitch by: Katy
I don't want to be that devil character perched on the left shoulder whispering bad thoughts, but Foretold is forcing me into the role. I'm sorry, but the first half didn't do it for me, was putting me to sleep - literally. I don't know what I expected from Beck's backstory, but it wasn't this middling bad boy with an abusive mother excuse I got. And the US cover blows the UK cover out of the water, but it doesn't come out until the end of the year.

Actually, that's about it. The second half surp
Pifflewaffers Uni...: Foretold 2 6 Jul 04, 2013 04:36AM
Addicted to YA: Foretold 6 62 Aug 04, 2012 02:05AM
  • Billow (Ondine Quartet, #2)
  • Last Rite (Personal Demons, #3)
  • Sacrifice (The Descendants, # 2)
  • Blood Fever (The Watchers, #3)
  • Crimson Frost (Mythos Academy, #4)
  • Losing Lila (Lila, #2)
  • The Hunt (Dark Touch, #2)
  • With All My Soul (Soul Screamers, #7)
  • Ever My Merlin (My Merlin, #3)
  • Wildcat Fireflies (Fenestra, #2)
  • A Witch Alone (Winter Trilogy, #3)
  • Charade (Heven and Hell, #2)
  • Wicked Kiss (Nightwatchers, #2)
  • Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire, #2)
  • Endless (The Violet Eden Chapters, #4)
  • Vanquished (Crusade, #3)
  • Drop Dead Demons (Divinicus Nex Chronicles, #2)
Jana Oliver is an international and Amazon bestselling author who lives in Atlanta, Georgia.

Her novels have won numerous awards, including the Prism Award, the Daphne du Maurier Award for Excellence in Mystery and Supense as well as the National Readers' Choice Award.

Her novels cross many genres, including Young Adult (the Demon Trappers Series, Briar Rose), time travel/historical mystery (The Ti
More about Jana Oliver...

The Demon Trappers (5 books)
  • Forsaken (The Demon Trappers, #1)
  • Forbidden (The Demon Trappers, #2)
  • Forgiven (The Demon Trappers, #3)
  • Mind Games (The Demon Trappers, #5)

“She was a journeyman trapper and caretaker of Denver Beck's heart. Even Hell knew her name.
Blackthorne's daughter would never settle for "okay" ever again.
From now on, it's awesome or nothing.”
21 likes
“He slid his hand onto Riley's bare abdomen. "I got to thinkin' that a few years down the line, when yer older, what if that was our baby and I could feel it right here under my hand. Feel the life we'd created."
Riley's eyes moistened. "Girl or boy?"
"Doesn't matter. If it's a girl, we can name her after my gran. Her name was Emily Rose."
"Hmm...I like that. Maybe the boy could be Paul Arthur, like my dad."
"Yeah, that works. But that's all the way down the line, isn't it?" It might never come to pass.”
20 likes