Start by marking “Eye of the World: The Graphic Novel, Volume Three” as Want to Read:
Eye of the World: The Graphic Novel, Volume Three

Eye of the World: The Graphic Novel, Volume Three

(The Wheel of Time - Graphic Novels #3)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  486 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
With the full permission and cooperation of the Jordan estate, adapted by well-known comics writer Chuck Dixon, The Eye of the World: The Graphic Novel has been hailed as an exciting interpretation of Robert Jordan's classic fantasy novel. It features brilliant interior art by Marcio Fiorito and Francis Nuguit, and stunning covers by Jeremy Saliba and Seamus Gallagher. It ...more
Published January 29th 2013 by Tor Books (first published January 8th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Eye of the World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eye of the World

Marlowe
Aug 14, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I took all the Wheel of Time-related graphic novels out from the library and brought them along on vacation. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that The Eye of the World comes in six volumes, and only brought the three my library has. I got to the end of the third pretty certain that a good chunk was missing and, sure enough, I'm only halfway through. Still, I figured I'd better write a review, since I don't know when I'll be able to get my hands on the next three volumes.

I was quite surprised by h
Josh
Jan 27, 2013 rated it really liked it

The Eye of the World comic has finally reached the halfway point of the book after 3 compilation graphic novels. It's very cool to relive the story of the Wheel of Time visually in this way, and it seems to follow it very faithfully. The only reason I only give it 4 stars is that I don't like the art style of the book. At times it seems too cartoonish, and it definitely doesn't have the level of detail and depth that I would prefer, and see in other works. I wish they would give other artists a
Amy
Oct 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Inconsistent artwork but still, I love seeing the story told visually. I just wish it wasn't taking so long. They just left Whitebridge at the end. Sigh. I guess it IS a good thing that they are not leaving anything important out of the adaptation.
Laurel
Jan 30, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
Perhaps it was the art, but something about this edition just didn't seem to connect with me as well as the 1st and 2nd editions. Still, if you're a fan, you'll want to pick this up.
Justin
Aug 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Starting to dip in quality. Probably the last volume I intend to read.
Ms. Leigh-Reavis
Sep 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Excellent story. Because different artists illustrate the books, I sometimes am taken aback by the different renditions of the characters.
Sharon Powers
May 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Book Review by: Sharon Powers.

I finished reading Robert Jordan's The Eye of the World on May 28, 2010--just over four years, ago. In the months that followed reading The Eye of the World, I read all the (then available) books in the series. I, like so many others, had fallen in love with the characters in the series of The Wheel of Time.

And then, the graphic novels appeared, of course, beginning at the beginning, New Spring. And then, The Eye of the World: The Wheel of Time, The Graphic Novel. I
Magila
Apr 05, 2013 rated it did not like it
Not that they care, but I warned the publisher that if they produced another installment with inconsistent (and generally terrible) art and didn't take the time to put together a quality comic they'd be seeing 1s. Well, here is another 1.

Robert Jordan is a genius, and his world building capabilities are near peerless. He absolutely deserves to be put into the same bucket at Tolkien, and I find it a bit offensive that Tor would jam out subpar graphic novels of the Wheel of Time. If they did a goo
Michael
Sep 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Different artist; not as good.
Margot
This third volume in the graphic novel adaptation of The Eye of the World begins with the group's entrance into the fallen city of Shadar Logoth and ends with their separation after fleeing the city--Perrin and Egwene across the river and into the company of Elyas; Rand, Mat, and Thom meanwhile hitching a ride on a river boat.

Although one could say that a lot happens in this installment, I actually felt like the pacing fell dramatically away and I didn't breeze through this one so easily. Someth
Shaun
Jan 19, 2015 rated it it was ok
The story is just as good as ever, but the art is what bugs me in this one. It's not bad per se. It's just very noticeably different from the previous two books. Worse, it's not very consistent. An example, in the first chapter Moraine's blue stone she wears on her forehead keeps changing style very visibly. It's annoying as heck. I understand different artists are going to have different interpretations of the characters, but I wish they would stick with 1 basic character design. Also, not to v ...more
Feb 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Not a complete fan of the artwork in this one, but still nice.
Gautam Surath
Sep 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
The pace continues to be maintained and the taveran are now well and truly on the run. The graphics have not improved though the novel continues to grab the essence of the original books quite nicely. Tower of Genjhi makes an appearance and now its even more amazing that Jordan had the foresight to add it this early in his journey. Onwards!
Michelle Morrell
Feb 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Still loving these graphic adaptations of the first Wheel of Time book. I didn't like the art as much as the first two, it seemed a little overly-stylistic, something that might feel dated sooner rather than later. Though it was still gorgeous. We see Aridhol, Mordeth, Elyas, Bayle Doman, the Tinkers and Whitebridge.
Ema-Lilly Dream
Apr 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
These books are so beautiful. Sometimes painfully so. The artwork is vibrant and colorful. The characters are slowly rounding out. The story is unfolding, and the stakes are getting higher. We meet a new character, whom I really like. So, all in all, this book is just a beautiful book, with a pretty good story line.
Kirsty Cabot
Feb 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another great instalment of the Wheel of Time series in graphic novel form. As mentioned in the previous reviews for the graphic novels, what i enjoy most is reading the story with illustrations. After reading the series in novel form, it is an interesting way to re read.
Christian McKay
Aug 27, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
Slightly better than the first two. Still feels like bashing my head against a wall. Still, and who knows why, feel the need to finish.
Michael Nash
Sep 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
Still doing an adequate job adapting a story not well suited to comic book adaptation, but the artwork in this volume goes from acceptably bad to actually awful.
Robin
Nov 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Felt like the art was weaker in this one.
Timothy Newman
Oct 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
I like it. Its clearing up confusion from the book.
Shannon
Mar 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
As always, this adaptation is wonderful. It's incredibly true to the source material without having too much exposition. The artwork is good, and of course I already loved the story!
Garrett Mccutcheon
Mar 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
A continuation of Volumes 1 and 2. If you've read and enjoyed the first two you will probably continue to enjoy this series.
Amber
Jun 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
I am really enjoying the graphic novel versions and am enjoying reading bits and pieces to my kids. The books themselves ran on and on and these are a nice quick entertaining read.
Donald
Solid adaptation. Inconsistent artwork, some of which is borderline bad.
Lonnie Smith
Feb 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comix, fantasy
I am quite enjoying the visual representation of one of my favorite series of books, though I am getting frustrated that they keep changing artist.
Stephanie
Oct 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
If you are going to have three different people illustrating a graphic novel you should make sure they can draw the characters so they look the same in each novel.
Jerry Teipen
Matt-and
Jan 08, 2013
  • World of Warcraft: Dark Riders
  • A Game of Thrones: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 2
  • The List Unseen (The Chronicles of Lumineia: The Second Draeken War, #4)
  • Dungeons & Dragons, Volume 1: Shadowplague
  • The Lovecraft Anthology, Volume 1
  • Red Sonja, Vol. 2: The Art of Blood and Fire
  • Exile: The Graphic Novel (Legend of Drizzt: The Graphic Novel, #2)
  • Demon Heart (Darkworld, #3)
  • George R.R. Martin's Wild Cards: The Hard Call
  • Dziewiąty Mag (Dziewiąty Mag, #1)
  • Flight, Vol. 7 (Flight, #7)
  • Jim Butcher's Dresden Files: War Cry #1
  • Oddly Normal, Book 1
  • Hunted (The Trysmoon Saga, #3)
  • Death Vigil, Vol. 1
  • Preacher, Book 6
  • Lucifer, Book Three (Lucifer, #3)
  • Inverloch Vol 2

Robert Jordan was the pen name of James Oliver Rigney, Jr., under which he was best known as the author of the bestselling The Wheel of Time fantasy series. He also wrote under the names Reagan O'Neal and Jackson O'Reilly.

Jordan was born in Charleston, South Carolina. He served two tours in Vietnam (from 1968 to

The Wheel of Time - Graphic Novels (7 books)
  • New Spring: The Graphic Novel: The Graphic Novel
  • The Eye of the World: The Graphic Novel, Volume One
  • The Eye of the World: The Graphic Novel, Volume Two
  • The Eye of the World: The Graphic Novel, Volume Four
  • The Eye of the World: The Graphic Novel, Volume Five
  • The Eye of the World: The Graphic Novel, Volume Six

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fortune's Rising (Outer Bounds #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Beginning of the End (Apocalypse Z, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
  • Renegade: The Lost Books, Book 3
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Making History
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
    $12.99 $3.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Let the Right One In: A Novel
  • Come Out Tonight
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Soul of the Fire (Sword of Truth #5)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
  • The Witch's Vacuum Cleaner and Other Stories
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Rift Uprising (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
  • A Game of Thrones: The Graphic Novel: Volume One
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Temple of the Winds (Sword of Truth Book 4)
    $9.99 $2.49
  • The Witch's Daughter (The Witch's Daughter, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Winter King: A Novel of Arthur (Warlord Chronicles)
  • Journey to the Center of the Earth
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Riot (Peter Grant, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Venom in the Veins (Elemental Assassin, #17)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • I, Robot
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1)
    $8.99 $2.49
  • Running with the Demon (Word & Void #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Infomocracy (The Centenal Cycle, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Atopia Chronicles (Atopia, #1)