Start by marking “On the House” as Want to Read:
On the House

On the House

When true love goes wrong, a woman's best friend may be her dog. Or—not.

A   twisty, diabolical, and unpredictable look at love, power, and revenge, On the House is the Agatha, Anthony, and Macavity Award-Winning short story by Hank Phillippi Ryan.

BONUS: An exclusive excerpt from Hank Phillippi Ryan's much anticipated novel of suspense, The Other Woman.
Published July 17th 2012 by Forge Books

To ask other readers questions about On the House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On the House

Start your review of On the House
Brenda
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This novella is a good intro to her characters in the Jane Ryland series.

Rachel & John's dream of a real estate agency On The House is about to get messy when they decide to divorce.

Accidents happen but will the police think it was an accident?

Everything happened so fast I read the book twice to make sure I didn't miss anything!
Jeanne
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
Other stories I've read by Ms. Ryan were much better. All I can say about this short story on eBook is that nobody does something for nothing and if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is! 3 out of 10.
Brigitta Moon
Jun 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really short story. Great if you need a short read while waiting at an appointment.
You can read it in less than an hour. I read it in thirty minutes. The main story only takes up half
the ebook. The rest is taken up with an introduction to The Other Woman, which I had already read.
Now back to the main story. It was captivating but you know the whole time you're reading, things
are not going to go as planned. The end of the story is left open ended, so you have no
Cindi
May 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012
This story was so good I was compelled to drop a line to Hank. Great characters, and of course I love anything with real estate and construction in it (I told her I planned to steal a company name from her novella and she wrote back to graciously tell me I should do it!). Super pacing gives this short story sleek timing. I highly recommend this stand-alone, just as I do her serials. Thanks again, Hank!
Shirley Alvarez
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ON THE HOUSE

Wow! Great start and I loved it. I have all's. Ryan's books and can't wait to read them . I bought mine after reading my first one. Now I'll read in order! If you haven't already read better start!
Jason
May 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A brilliant revenge story-very reminiscent of on episode of the old radio show, of the Whistler.
Doris Smith
Jul 13, 2015
Skipper Hammond
May 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »

• Four Funerals and Maybe a Wedding (Her Royal Spyness #12)
Hank Phillippi Ryan is the bestselling author of eleven award winning novels of suspense. National reviews have called her a "master at crafting suspenseful mysteries" and "a superb and gifted storyteller."

Her newest psychological thriller, THE MURDER LIST, received a *starred review from Library Journal--which called it: Masterly plotted, riveting and a must read.

Her first psychologi