Start by marking “Guilty Pleasures” as Want to Read:

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  136 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews

Donna Hill

Eva and Jake Kelly live the high life in Manhattan, with a beautiful apartment and successful careers in fashion design and car sales, respectively. But they get their thrills from the con. They learned a long time ago they can extort wads of cash from drunk men who are in town on business and away from their wives. But when one of their marks tur
Published January 29th 2013 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Guilty Pleasures, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guilty Pleasures

Sharon
May 18, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second book I've read by Ms. Hill, I most say that I really like this book. It was hard for me to put down. A true page turner. I hope there is a sequel to this one.”
Tazzyt2bossye
Mar 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jake and Eva Kelly present the perfect façade from the outside looking in. Both have promising careers, live comfortably, but there are two sides to ever coin. It's definitely a family affair as their crew includes Jake's brother, Jinx, and Eva's cousin, Rita. The foursome have pulled off many capers unscathed and have mastered the skills of illegal curriculum. They have taken the game to an all new level and seemingly have it down to a science. Then Eva gets emotional and invites uncertainty in ...more
Michael Bell
Aug 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eva has been having second thoughts about the con game. Jake just wants to score one more scam at a convention of bankers. Her suspicions prove well founded as the mark is married to an FBI agent. A crooked FBI agent at that. They are forced to try to fleece a feared Latin American hustler. Cliché? No. Rita uses her wily charms after beating him at blackjack. He pays her back in the bedroom and Jinx was having a hard time getting over it. It was a successful, if bloodless, score. Anticipating a ...more
Shelley
Jake and Eva Kelly are happily married--happily married con artists, that is. They've sailed along with no problems, until one day they end up conning the wrong couple.

This is another one that I wish had been more romance and less thriller. Once I got over that part though, I did enjoy reading their antics on the cruise ship, while they tried to out-con the people after them.
Denician
Sep 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
About a couple working on the "last con" which of course turns into more than they bargain for. Not only does this married couple have to make a change in their life, but they learn to deal with dark secrets and fears of their pastime. A very good book!
Dee Cherry
Jun 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: old-school-reads
Loved this book
Lakeshia
Mar 10, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone
Shelves: african-american
It was a guilty pleasure read.
TiffanyB
Its not keeping me coming back for more
Skai
Nov 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a good read
Nikki
Nov 02, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. I couldn't stop turning the pages. Donna Hill is one of my favorite writers.
Angelique
Jun 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading this book. I love the chemistry between John and Eva. I hope there will be a part 2 of what happens next for Eva and John and Rita and Jinx...
Sheniqua A.