Start by marking “The Knights' Tales Collection: Book 1: Sir Lancelot the Great; Book 2: Sir Givret the Short; Book 3: Sir Gawain the True; Book 4: Sir Balin the Ill-Fated” as Want to Read:

Many years ago, the storytellers say, the great King Arthur brought justice to England with the help of his gallant Knights of the Round Table.

Sir Lancelot the Great
Of these worthy knights, there was never one so fearless, so chivalrous, so honorable, so…shiny as the dashing Sir Lancelot, who was quite good at defending the helpless and protecting the weak, just as long a
Audio CD, 5 pages
Published February 12th 2013 by Listening Library (Audio)

To ask other readers questions about The Knights' Tales Collection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Knights' Tales Collection

Start your review of The Knights' Tales Collection: Book 1: Sir Lancelot the Great; Book 2: Sir Givret the Short; Book 3: Sir Gawain the True; Book 4: Sir Balin the Ill-Fated
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
On a recent road trip, we listened to the audiobooks, and thoroughly enjoyed them. I am pretty sure I laughed more than my kids, and found it very entertaining.
Amy
Nov 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
loved this book set, especially because the audio book is read by a Brit! the accent just made these stories even more fun!
Adrian
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
We loved it, loved it. Gerald Morris is very funny and Steve West was an exceptional narrator. I wish there were ten more stories like these.
Larkin
Apr 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Loved the narrator!
Erin G
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
funny and entertaining; easy read
Anna Mari
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Three Knights, three stories of bravery and beating fate.

Rating: G

Love these books!
Rhonda
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio-book
I needed a quick read while cleaning the house and this book was a delight. Give it a go, you won't regret it.
Cassandra White
Aug 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Thornbrook with an excellent narrator. It took me a while to get used to the humorous tone, but it is a nice addition to the king Arthur spectrum.
Ifigenia
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
It's a 3 and a half actually, but i really had fun :)
Laurel Bradshaw
Easily 5 out of 5 stars, this is one of the most delightful reads of the year. Arthurian tales for ages 8 and up, told with much tongue in cheek humor, and very capably narrated by Steve West. These four tales are laugh-out-loud funny. Steve's voices are perfect. I wanted to immediately start over and listen to them all again. Also available as individual stories, the books could be used as a read along for reluctant readers or adult learners. Not just for children!

Description:
Many years ago, th
Janice
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! I had no idea what to expect from this book. Looking at the image for the book, I didn't know if it was going to be for grownups or kids. I would have to say both. It has enough to hold a child's interest but it's definitely meant for a grown-up. The narrator is fantastic! He can do any character and sound great. I really liked this story and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys comedy and adventure!
Erin
May 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 stars. These were SO MUCH FUN! I expected them to be dry, and rather dull. Indeed they are not! So much tongue and cheek humor. The audio books are great. We loved listening to these stories.
Sam Grace
Apr 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Really a very well read and totally engaging audiobook, I definitely recommend it for kids and even older people who think they might like funny stories about King Arthur's knights (not to mention some pretty interesting women, though they are sadly fewer).
Lobug
Nov 23, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, for-the-kids
good innocent kids books. probably 7-9 year olds. My older ones are uninterested.
Cynthia
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I liked the last two books in this collection especially. My whole family enjoyed them. The author has a fun way of handling fate and teaching about manners.
Dananna
Mar 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Not my normal type of book, but laugh out loud experiences of King Arthur's knights in great short stories!
Jenny
Jan 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is such a wonderful series for a young reader. there's adventure and wonder, fantasy without too much violence or gore. And a side of modern wit and humor.
Zora
Feb 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-for-boys
Amusing stories about Arthurian knights, aimed at upper MG/lower YA boys. Clever subversion of some of the values of the traditional myths, so entertaining to this adult, too.
Christina
Nov 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a delightful collection of knights tales, perfect for elementary age children. My boys enjoyed the humor and characters.
Caye
Jan 18, 2014
Melanie
Apr 21, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »

• Of Kings and Killers (The Elder Empire: Sea, #3)
  • The Land: Monsters (Chaos Seeds, #8)
  • Dread Pirate Arcanist (Frith Chronicles, #2)
  • Bio Dungeon: Symbiote (The Body's Dungeon, #1)
  • Tunnel of Bones (Cassidy Blake, #2)
  • The Art of Discarding: How to Get Rid of Clutter and Find Joy
  • The Finisher (Vega Jane, #1)
  • The Vanishing Violin (The Red Blazer Girls, #2)
  • The Ring of Rocamadour (The Red Blazer Girls, #1)
  • The Merciful Crow (The Merciful Crow, #1)
  • Wild Fire (Shetland Island, #8)
  • As Chimney Sweepers Come to Dust (Flavia de Luce, #7)
  • Thrice the Brinded Cat Hath Mew'd (Flavia de Luce, #8)
  • The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches (Flavia de Luce, #6)
  • The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag (Flavia de Luce, #2)
  • A Red Herring Without Mustard (Flavia de Luce, #3)
  • Murder in the Blood (The Doyle & Acton Murder #10)
  • The Janus Stone (Ruth Galloway, #2)
Gerald Morris is an award-winning author, best known for his retellings of Arthurian legends for preteen and teen readers.

His first series, The Squire's Tales, focuses primarily on a squire named Terence, alongside his knight, Sir Gawain. The ten-book series began with The Squire's Tale, first published in 1998.

His second series, The Knights' Tales, is for younger readers and began with The Advent

News & Interviews